Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

The Cat Lounge

Post Reply
Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

The Cat Lounge

#1

Post by Kasparius » November 7th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Yes, this a lounge for everything feline related.

My cats, Holmes and Watson.


Image
Last edited by Kasparius on November 7th, 2014, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.


User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 2800
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Contact:

#3

Post by sortile9io » November 7th, 2014, 8:56 pm

Miaow!
Last edited by sortile9io on November 7th, 2014, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22933
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#4

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » November 7th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Kasparius on Nov 7 2014, 01:56:03 PM wrote:Yes, this a lounge for everything feline related.

My cats, Holmes and Watson.


Image
Holmes is the skinny one on the right, I presume?

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#5

Post by Kasparius » November 7th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Nope, He's the one on the left. Watson might look skinny, but he's actually heavier than his brother, Holmes. He's 15lbs. Holmes is "only" 13lbs. We got them when they were kittens, so they were named before their features were truly established.

However Holmes has many Holmes-like traits. He's natural born investigator, especially at 2am, when everything suddenly needs to be investigated loudly.
Last edited by Kasparius on November 7th, 2014, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMT
Posts: 1386
Joined: Jan 26, 2013
Contact:

#6

Post by CMT » November 7th, 2014, 10:53 pm

Milly was sleeping on my bed last night
Image
Last edited by CMT on November 7th, 2014, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#7

Post by Kasparius » November 7th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Currently translating from bed, this here's my view. Baby, it's cold outside.

Image
Last edited by Kasparius on November 7th, 2014, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3577
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#8

Post by Lammetje » November 7th, 2014, 11:27 pm

I shouldn't open this thread, it makes me jealous of cat owners. :(
Last edited by Lammetje on November 7th, 2014, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 2800
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Contact:

#9

Post by sortile9io » November 7th, 2014, 11:28 pm

A few years ago I lived with this genuine former stray black cat (not mine). Great fun.

Image

EDIT: I'll call him BiB to preserve his anonymity.
Last edited by sortile9io on February 1st, 2015, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10492
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#10

Post by funkybusiness » November 8th, 2014, 12:30 am

Image

User avatar
Lilarcor
Donator
Posts: 2750
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
Contact:

#11

Post by Lilarcor » November 8th, 2014, 12:39 am

The family cat, 14 years old!

Image

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#12

Post by Kasparius » November 8th, 2014, 12:46 am

So many beautiful good luck black cats!

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12109
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#13

Post by AdamH » November 8th, 2014, 2:24 am

One of my cats on my bed:

Image

User avatar
AdamH
Site Admin
Posts: 12109
Joined: May 05, 2011
Contact:

#14

Post by AdamH » November 8th, 2014, 2:27 am

My cats when they were younger:

Image

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#15

Post by Kasparius » November 8th, 2014, 2:42 am

I love a nice Tuxedo cat!

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29418
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#16

Post by mightysparks » November 8th, 2014, 3:01 am

My cats:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Spaz (~11 years old. She's obsessed with me and sleeps on my bed pretty much every night and most of each day too):
Image

Mucker (~11 years old. she's a freak who likes to meow silently and climb everywhere):
Image

Pilot (~7 years old. He likes to get the dog to lick him and I'm the only one allowed to pick him up):
Image

He likes to cuddle me:
Image

And sleep in boxes:
Image

The two cats we rescued from our neighbours:
Crystal (already named):
Image

Little Grey (named by my imaginative mother. She is a freak; the cat, not my mother):
Image

They are mother and daughter and never leave each other's side:
Image

Our little zoo (minus Spaz, coz she's an anti-social critter):
Image
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10492
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#17

Post by funkybusiness » November 8th, 2014, 3:25 am

mightysparks on Nov 7 2014, 08:01:58 PM wrote:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Little Grey (named by my imaginative mother. She is a freak; the cat, not my mother):
Image
50% off stereo equipment!?!

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#18

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » November 8th, 2014, 3:37 am

Olya has been feeling sick the last 24 hours. I'm busy as hell this weekend, but I just took her to the vet for peace of mind. Seems it probably just a bit of nausea. She got a shot and some pills for me to give her tomorrow to reduce her nausea. Hopefully, she'll be saying nom nom nom again very soon.

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2849
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#19

Post by metaller » November 8th, 2014, 4:11 am

mightysparks on Nov 7 2014, 08:01:58 PM wrote:My cats:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Spaz (~11 years old. She's obsessed with me and sleeps on my bed pretty much every night and most of each day too):
Image

Mucker (~11 years old. she's a freak who likes to meow silently and climb everywhere):
Image

Pilot (~7 years old. He likes to get the dog to lick him and I'm the only one allowed to pick him up):
Image

He likes to cuddle me:
Image

And sleep in boxes:
Image

The two cats we rescued from our neighbours:
Crystal (already named):
Image

Little Grey (named by my imaginative mother. She is a freak; the cat, not my mother):
Image

They are mother and daughter and never leave each other's side:
Image

Our little zoo (minus Spaz, coz she's an anti-social critter):
Image
Pilot is adorable. I love orange cats, but we had always such misfortune with them ourselves. In my life I had three red cats, two ended up with cancer with less than 4 years and one was ran over by a car when he was about two. :(

Perhaps I'll snatch a new pic of my little beast tomorrow.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29418
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#20

Post by mightysparks » November 8th, 2014, 4:23 am

metaller on Nov 7 2014, 09:11:17 PM wrote:Pilot is adorable. I love orange cats, but we had always such misfortune with them ourselves. In my life I had three red cats, two ended up with cancer with less than 4 years and one was ran over by a car when he was about two. :(

Perhaps I'll snatch a new pic of my little beast tomorrow.
I remember when we got him I was having a haircut and my mum and brother went off to shop; they came back with a kitten :lol: He's the most affectionate cat we have. My brother then dumped him in my room when we got home and I had to look after him for the next few days. He liked to sleep on me like this:
Image

But still likes to do it now:
Image
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#21

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » November 8th, 2014, 4:39 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Nov 7 2014, 08:37:33 PM wrote:Olya has been feeling sick the last 24 hours. I'm busy as hell this weekend, but I just took her to the vet for peace of mind. Seems it probably just a bit of nausea. She got a shot and some pills for me to give her tomorrow to reduce her nausea. Hopefully, she'll be saying nom nom nom again very soon.
She's eating! :clap:

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#22

Post by Kasparius » November 8th, 2014, 5:08 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Nov 7 2014, 08:37:33 PM wrote:Olya has been feeling sick the last 24 hours. I'm busy as hell this weekend, but I just took her to the vet for peace of mind. Seems it probably just a bit of nausea. She got a shot and some pills for me to give her tomorrow to reduce her nausea. Hopefully, she'll be saying nom nom nom again very soon.
Hope she's fine!

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#23

Post by Kasparius » November 8th, 2014, 5:08 am

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Nov 7 2014, 09:39:57 PM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Nov 7 2014, 08:37:33 PM wrote:Olya has been feeling sick the last 24 hours. I'm busy as hell this weekend, but I just took her to the vet for peace of mind. Seems it probably just a bit of nausea. She got a shot and some pills for me to give her tomorrow to reduce her nausea. Hopefully, she'll be saying nom nom nom again very soon.
She's eating! :clap:
(l)

ormazd
Posts: 1757
Joined: May 07, 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

#24

Post by ormazd » November 9th, 2014, 2:00 am

Jiji the film buff

Image
Last edited by ormazd on November 13th, 2014, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3577
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#25

Post by Lammetje » November 9th, 2014, 2:05 am

Who doesn't like The Simpsons? ^_^
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#26

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » November 9th, 2014, 2:23 am

ormazd on Nov 8 2014, 07:00:37 PM wrote:Jiji the film buff

Image
:thumbsup:

Kasparius
Posts: 24609
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#27

Post by Kasparius » November 9th, 2014, 2:33 am

Black cats are hard to photograph, but this is a cool shot!

CMT
Posts: 1386
Joined: Jan 26, 2013
Contact:

#28

Post by CMT » November 9th, 2014, 2:46 am

Lammetje on Nov 8 2014, 07:05:10 PM wrote:Who doesn't like The Simpsons? ^_^
Maybe someone who's just grown up with just the last ten years

User avatar
XxXApathy420XxX
Donator
Posts: 18850
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#29

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » November 12th, 2014, 11:59 am

This cat is a little surprised

Image
Image
Image
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

Mollykins
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
Contact:

#30

Post by Mollykins » November 12th, 2014, 12:18 pm

Last edited by Mollykins on November 18th, 2014, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mollykins
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
Contact:

#31

Post by Mollykins » November 13th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Image

Image

ormazd
Posts: 1757
Joined: May 07, 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Contact:

#32

Post by ormazd » November 13th, 2014, 3:19 pm

Jiji and Lily

Image

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9515
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#33

Post by Knaldskalle » November 13th, 2014, 3:30 pm

ormazd on Nov 13 2014, 08:19:39 AM wrote:Jiji and Lily

Image
Time to admit that my movie obsession is getting the best of me. I've spent more time trying to decipher the DVD titles in the background than looking at the cats.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Mollykins
Posts: 52
Joined: Nov 03, 2014
Contact:

#34

Post by Mollykins » November 13th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Grey one looks ridic cuddly

User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 2800
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Contact:

#35

Post by sortile9io » November 13th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Kasparius on Nov 8 2014, 07:33:11 PM wrote:Black cats are hard to photograph [...]
As a matter of fact, sometimes I wasn't sure if I was photographing the cat or his shadow. Which one do you think is this?

Image

Noirville
Posts: 648
Joined: Mar 29, 2014
Contact:

#36

Post by Noirville » November 13th, 2014, 11:04 pm

That's the cat. Or maybe the cat became its shadow. Or the shadow became a cat.

I want cats.

drbop
Posts: 779
Joined: Nov 05, 2014
Contact:

#37

Post by drbop » November 14th, 2014, 2:22 am

sortile9io on Nov 13 2014, 03:04:58 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Nov 8 2014, 07:33:11 PM wrote:Black cats are hard to photograph [...]
As a matter of fact, sometimes I wasn't sure if I was photographing the cat or his shadow. Which one do you think is this?

Image
I guess cat.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29418
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#38

Post by mightysparks » November 14th, 2014, 12:02 pm

Found some videos of my kitten, Snookie, when we first got her 10 years ago. She unfortunately went missing when she was about a year old but she was such a special lil kitty :'( [Note these were filmed on a camera phone from 2004 so quality is pretty terrible]

She always used to run after me meowing:


Falling asleep while sitting on me:


She'd sit on my shoulder when I was at the computer:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 2800
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Contact:

#39

Post by sortile9io » November 14th, 2014, 6:33 pm

drbop on Nov 13 2014, 07:22:58 PM wrote:
sortile9io on Nov 13 2014, 03:04:58 PM wrote:
Kasparius on Nov 8 2014, 07:33:11 PM wrote:Black cats are hard to photograph [...]
As a matter of fact, sometimes I wasn't sure if I was photographing the cat or his shadow. Which one do you think is this?

Image
I guess cat.
You and Noirville were right. It was the real cat on my bed.

Image
Last edited by sortile9io on November 14th, 2014, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29418
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#40

Post by mightysparks » November 15th, 2014, 4:18 am

My mum got these owl cushions about a week ago and the cats are obsessed with them. I caught Spaz on one a while ago (and she NEVER goes on the lounge unless I'm sitting on it):

Image

Then I caught Pilot on it a couple of times. I just took a few photos of him:
Image

then as I was scrolling through the photos, he found somewhere more comfy to sit:
Image


And here's Crystal being mesmerized by one of my mice:
Image
Last edited by mightysparks on November 15th, 2014, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Post Reply