Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: Experimental/Avant Garde, Benelux, Run the Director
Film of the Week: Daisan no kagemusha, March nominations (Feb 26th)

The Sports Lounge

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

tirefeet wrote: August 16th, 2020, 11:01 am I think it shows the dominance of Ronnie O, Mark Williams and Higgins who debuted at 1992 World Championship.
Gotcha, thanks.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
tirefeet

Post by tirefeet »

:thumbsup:

Wow Ronnie :woot:
Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin »

Ronnie O'Sullivan becomes the first player in history to win 6 Triple Crowns. #GOAT
Top 100 | Top 250

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

wow Ronnie beat 3 former #1s

he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH »

I always watched the Crucible as a kid and gradually my interested faded until I almost entirely stopped when Hendry retired. I actually started watching again this year and saw parts of a few matches and enjoyed it. First time I've properly watched for years.

I'm not a big fan of Ronnie and wasn't wanting him to win. I hope he doesn't end up equalling Hendry's record. Of course, I respect his natural talent (just that his interviews get tiresome over the years).

Fascinating to see what happens in the next few years in snooker. O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams all still in the top ten despite being 44/45.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Did anyone talk about the other decider?
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

Just some frustrated thoughts on the recent stories about Masai Ujiri and the body cam footage finally being released.

Last year, most news outlets reported a story that Toronto Raptors prez Masai Ujiri shoved a police officer during the NBA finals who wouldn't let him in because he didn't have his credentials. Later, both the police officer and his wife sued Ujiri for violent assault. The local police department backed him up fully.

ONE YEAR LATER:

So...

-Masai Ujiri was shoved repeatedly as he tried to enter the court, taking out his credentials
-He pushed back once after being shoved twice. No one hit the officer in the face as the suit claimed and he didn't suffer any injuries.
-The officer is a convicted felon of, guess what? Insurance fraud.
-The police department knew all this and kept it to themselves for a year
-It took a year for this body cam footage to be released, even with Ujiri getting the full support from the NBA

Imagine if Ujiri wasn't a millionaire backed by an entity as powerful as the NBA. We'd never know the truth, he'd be charged with assaulting a police officer, and would never be believed by most people the rest of his life. Oh wait, that's actually the reality for a large segment of the most heavily incarcerated nation in the world.

Or imagine if Sandra Bland hadn't killed herself (or was killed, as some believe). We'd never see the dashcam footage and no one would have believed that she was violently attacked by a police officer for not putting out her cigarette fast enough. She'd have been charged with "assaulting a police officer," her career would have been damaged if not ruined and no one would know the truth or believe it if they heard it. I can't stop thinking about this.

Thanks for listening.

A lie ain't a 'side of the story.' It's just a lie.
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

The Ujiri story was both utterly predictable and completely infuriating.

Ujiri joins a long list of black sportspeople who have been attacked by the police for bullshit reasons. Check out James Blake and Thabo Sefolosha. There have been many, many others. The most important thing these cases have in common is that justice only happened because the victims involved were rich and famous.
funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness »

Warren Frost's grandson (and Mark Frost's nephew), Lucas Giolito, threw a no-hitter today. The White Sox are here, finally.
sebby

Post by sebby »

On a night like this one can almost forget (Ha!) that they traded away the most exciting player in baseball for a negative value asset.

Padres-White Sox World Series incoming. Seven games. Tatis walk off to end it. Chicago sports is only capable of incredible highs or Marina Trench lows. A World Series win in a wacky season 15 years after their last championship isn't quite high enough. So instead, there shall be pain. I expect this season to end in a double-doink level whathefuckjusthappenedOMGmyhearthurtsalot fashion.
tirefeet

Post by tirefeet »

I started following Padres at the beginning of previous season, it has been nice to observe how things came together. Sure Tatis Jr. has been getting the majority of spotlight, though some of it unwillingly, but Machado has been playing out of his mind lately (12 game ongoing hitting streak). GM Preller is going bonkers as the deadline approaches, he basically overhauled the catching rotation yesterday by bringing in Castro and Nola. I would suspect he is looking to deal Hedges or Mejia today and bring in Clevinger though there seems to be some competition from other teams on that end.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

finally someone takes the battle to Nadal's clay
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
tirefeet

Post by tirefeet »

I have braced myself for Craig Stammen starting in a decider game which is slated to start in an hour and unfortunately will be covered craptastically by espn. I am already about to finish one glass of whisky and hopefully I won't need more.
sebby

Post by sebby »

Sox broke my heart. Abreu will win the MVP despite not being able to come through when it counted most.

At least I put money on the Marlins to sweep the Cubs.
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

It's a great time to be a Jimmy Butler fan. The end of this game though!

That's another triple double for him in the finals. That makes him the sixth NBA player in history to have multiple triple doubles in the same title series. (The others are Magic Johnson, LeBron James, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, and Draymond Green).

I'm not expecting the Heat to win this series, but proud they've come as far as they did. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Also, Dwight Howard's pass at 1:12...I have questions. :mw_confused:

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

I've probably watched half or a third of the game time for these NBA Finals. Over the past ten years, I've basically stopped watching basketball in the regular season and only watch the finals and sometimes the conference finals. For whatever reason, I just can't get into it this year. Raptors-Warriors last year was riveting. I don't find this finals series nearly as exciting.
sebby

Post by sebby »

Bittersweet feelings watching Butler ascending to true superstardom as a Bulls fan.
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

sebby wrote: October 10th, 2020, 9:59 am Bittersweet feelings watching Butler ascending to true superstardom as a Bulls fan.
Ditto here, but as a Sixers fan who more recently had Butler here, and thinking of the “what could have been” if Butler was kept in Philly last year instead of re-signing Tobias fucking Harris to a ridiculously huge deal.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

Another 76ers fan (I live in N Philly), Harris' deal was decided after Butler made it clear he was not interested in staying. Have you seen his interview on JJ Redick's podcast? If what he was saying was true, and this past season appears to have proved it, the 76ers were doomed from the top down no matter who we had on our roster, thanks to Brown & Brand. Many people claiming to be former employees of the organization have said as much on social media.

Seeing the team chemistry between Butler, Herro, and Adebayo (on the court and off) and just the Heat consistently overachieving and pouring their hearts out on the court is about to make me ditch my 76ers colors and become a full time Heat fan.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Iga Swiatek wins Roland Garros at age 19. She's apparently pretty cool too. Everyone's a fan.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
pitchorneirda

Post by pitchorneirda »

Armoreska wrote: October 10th, 2020, 8:20 pm Iga Swiatek wins Roland Garros at age 19. She's apparently pretty cool too. Everyone's a fan.
She reminds me of Justine Henin, whom I was a huge fan of when I was a teenager
"Art is like a fire, it is born from the very thing it burns" - Jean-Luc Godard
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Seeded players lost:
1st round: 12
2nd round: 7+Gauff,Hsieh
3rd round: 7+Ostapenko (6 left)
4th round: 3 (-Halep to Swiatek, Bertens, Jabeur)
QF: Svitolina out to qualifier
SF: Kvitova out (the only actual good job among the seasoned players)
F: Kenin out (seeded but young)

Iga didn't drop a set, played no tiebreaks, and dropped no more than 5 games per match, and an average of 4.
beat not only Halep 12:3 but also last year's finalist
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Rafael Nadal wins 13th Roland Garros, for the 4th time with straight 3-0 throughout, annihilating Novak, becoming the 2nd male player with 20 GS titles.

biggest defeats in RG final since 1904
1977: Vilas vs Gottfried, 3 games won by loser
2008: RNv Federer, 4 games
1978: Borg vs Vilas, 5 games
2017: RNv Wawrinka, 6 games
2003: Ferrero vs Verkerk, 6 games
1973: Nastase vs Pilic, 6 games
1970: Kodes vs Franulovic, 6 games
2020: RNv Novak, 7 games
1980: Borg vs Gerulaitis, 7 games
Last edited by Armoreska on October 12th, 2020, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Gahhhh, the Lakers win :(

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

No one likes it when the Lakers win. The Yankees of the NBA that way.

That being said, I'm just continually more impressed by LeBron. I don't think he's lost anything to age. He seems just as good as he was five years ago.
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Yeah I’m no LeBron hater (in fact, I like him a fair bit)...but Lakers hater, sure. And that Heat team was a whole lot of fun and very easy to root for.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats »

Danny Green and Markieff Morris should have to forfeit their rings to LeBron. And wash his windows every weekend for a year. And do 500 hours of community service in Los Angeles.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Lakers hated because money or what?
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux »

GruesomeTwosome wrote: October 12th, 2020, 3:45 am Yeah I’m no LeBron hater (in fact, I like him a fair bit)...but Lakers hater, sure. And that Heat team was a whole lot of fun and very easy to root for.
If there were one year where I'd be happy the Lakers won it, it would be this year, after Kobe's untimely death.

@Armoreska: It's a bit about money. They just have been winning so much for so long, and largely doing it in an unlikable way. Too much time trying to buy championships. :shrug:
blocho
Donator

Post by blocho »

maxwelldeux wrote: October 12th, 2020, 10:47 pm
GruesomeTwosome wrote: October 12th, 2020, 3:45 am Yeah I’m no LeBron hater (in fact, I like him a fair bit)...but Lakers hater, sure. And that Heat team was a whole lot of fun and very easy to root for.
If there were one year where I'd be happy the Lakers won it, it would be this year, after Kobe's untimely death.

@Armoreska: It's a bit about money. They just have been winning so much for so long, and largely doing it in an unlikable way. Too much time trying to buy championships. :shrug:
I don't hate the Lakers, but I definitely don't like them. I had to think for awhile, though, about why I don't like them, and I think it's mainly because of Kobe. I know everyone acts like Kobe is a martyr now or something, but I'm always going to remember him as a smug, selfish player who was very talented, very hard-working, and really not fun to watch. I just never found the Kobe Lakers teams entertaining. Just an endless string of Kobe iso-players that always ended with a fadeaway 18-foot jump shot.

By the way, here's a great Kobe story: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ko ... asnt-shaq/
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

found an active top 200 tennis player on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/IllyaMarchenkoATP/videos

other than Stef, that is.
this guy actually makes tennis videos.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

If anyone was waiting for F1 to become competitive again, weather has introduced a new variable
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović »

A new thing to me, I'm sorry if you're aware of this: :lol:
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Grosjean crash
https://streamable.com/l16gmb

Getting out of the burning car
https://streamable.com/3u3yn9

Different angle
https://streamable.com/rh7ynl

"Only" two broken toes and 2nd degree burning on his right hand is the current information.
ICM
February Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

This was coming for years.
Grosjean shouldn't have been driving in F1.
What were they thinking?
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Also this was released a few days before

ref
Spoiler
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

George Russell Replaces Lewis Hamilton At Mercedes For 2nd Bahrain Grand Prix
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

George Russell wins 1st practice
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

WRC leader crashed out of taking his first season overall victory
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Traveller

Post by Traveller »

Didn't end too well for George Russell. tehe
ICM
February Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!