Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

The Sports Lounge

Lammetje
Donator

Re: The Sports Lounge

Post by Lammetje » August 16th, 2020, 3:59 pm

tirefeet wrote:
August 16th, 2020, 11:01 am
I think it shows the dominance of Ronnie O, Mark Williams and Higgins who debuted at 1992 World Championship.
Gotcha, thanks.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » August 16th, 2020, 6:38 pm

:thumbsup:

Wow Ronnie :woot:

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » August 17th, 2020, 4:30 pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan becomes the first player in history to win 6 Triple Crowns. #GOAT
Top 250 | RYM | Letterboxd

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 17th, 2020, 5:20 pm

wow Ronnie beat 3 former #1s

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 17th, 2020, 5:42 pm

I always watched the Crucible as a kid and gradually my interested faded until I almost entirely stopped when Hendry retired. I actually started watching again this year and saw parts of a few matches and enjoyed it. First time I've properly watched for years.

I'm not a big fan of Ronnie and wasn't wanting him to win. I hope he doesn't end up equalling Hendry's record. Of course, I respect his natural talent (just that his interviews get tiresome over the years).

Fascinating to see what happens in the next few years in snooker. O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams all still in the top ten despite being 44/45.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 17th, 2020, 7:05 pm

Did anyone talk about the other decider?
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

outdoorcats

Post by outdoorcats » August 21st, 2020, 5:40 pm

Just some frustrated thoughts on the recent stories about Masai Ujiri and the body cam footage finally being released.

Last year, most news outlets reported a story that Toronto Raptors prez Masai Ujiri shoved a police officer during the NBA finals who wouldn't let him in because he didn't have his credentials. Later, both the police officer and his wife sued Ujiri for violent assault. The local police department backed him up fully.

ONE YEAR LATER:

So...

-Masai Ujiri was shoved repeatedly as he tried to enter the court, taking out his credentials
-He pushed back once after being shoved twice. No one hit the officer in the face as the suit claimed and he didn't suffer any injuries.
-The officer is a convicted felon of, guess what? Insurance fraud.
-The police department knew all this and kept it to themselves for a year
-It took a year for this body cam footage to be released, even with Ujiri getting the full support from the NBA

Imagine if Ujiri wasn't a millionaire backed by an entity as powerful as the NBA. We'd never know the truth, he'd be charged with assaulting a police officer, and would never be believed by most people the rest of his life. Oh wait, that's actually the reality for a large segment of the most heavily incarcerated nation in the world.

Or imagine if Sandra Bland hadn't killed herself (or was killed, as some believe). We'd never see the dashcam footage and no one would have believed that she was violently attacked by a police officer for not putting out her cigarette fast enough. She'd have been charged with "assaulting a police officer," her career would have been damaged if not ruined and no one would know the truth or believe it if they heard it. I can't stop thinking about this.

Thanks for listening.

Peter...is your social worker in that horse?

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » August 21st, 2020, 8:29 pm

The Ujiri story was both utterly predictable and completely infuriating.

Ujiri joins a long list of black sportspeople who have been attacked by the police for bullshit reasons. Check out James Blake and Thabo Sefolosha. There have been many, many others. The most important thing these cases have in common is that justice only happened because the victims involved were rich and famous.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » August 26th, 2020, 8:10 am

Warren Frost's grandson (and Mark Frost's nephew), Lucas Giolito, threw a no-hitter today. The White Sox are here, finally.

sebby

Post by sebby » August 26th, 2020, 8:47 am

On a night like this one can almost forget (Ha!) that they traded away the most exciting player in baseball for a negative value asset.

Padres-White Sox World Series incoming. Seven games. Tatis walk off to end it. Chicago sports is only capable of incredible highs or Marina Trench lows. A World Series win in a wacky season 15 years after their last championship isn't quite high enough. So instead, there shall be pain. I expect this season to end in a double-doink level whathefuckjusthappenedOMGmyhearthurtsalot fashion.

tirefeet

Post by tirefeet » August 31st, 2020, 1:21 pm

I started following Padres at the beginning of previous season, it has been nice to observe how things came together. Sure Tatis Jr. has been getting the majority of spotlight, though some of it unwillingly, but Machado has been playing out of his mind lately (12 game ongoing hitting streak). GM Preller is going bonkers as the deadline approaches, he basically overhauled the catching rotation yesterday by bringing in Castro and Nola. I would suspect he is looking to deal Hedges or Mejia today and bring in Clevinger though there seems to be some competition from other teams on that end.