Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

The Sports Lounge

Armoreska

Re: The Sports Lounge

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm

OK Federer wins set 2. All is well as long as his stamina lasts.
Maybe Joko is trying to copy FEDAL with not playing set 2 after winning the tie. There's no sun today.
4:0
Triple BPO for 6:1
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 14th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Armoreska wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm
There's no sun today.
There is now. By the way, any special plans for your 11,111th post? :P
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Lammetje wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 2:59 pm
Armoreska wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm
There's no sun today.
There is now. By the way, any special plans for your 11,111th post? :P
Federer wins Wimbledon hopefully
It's still cloudy.

Beautiful shot to produce a set point opportunity, but Novak holds
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 3:21 pm

ROGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING
It'll be hard to live if you lose a final against Novak where you generally outplay him
6:7
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Roger breaks for the 4th time
Looks like we're heading for a 5 setter which is great for us, but not for Roger
Still needs to hold twice tho

Roger breaks for the 5th time

At least set 5 has no immediate tie break to lose, right?

Maybe Novak doesn't want a win where he sucks
Or he's just beating himself over having to eat fish to perform :D

Wait first BPO for Djokovic
And FEDERER saves after 35 shots
Not the 2nd one tho :shrug:
2 errors in a row after the marathon
So Novak got one back

6:4
Set 5
Last edited by Armoreska on July 14th, 2019, 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 14th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Roger THAT!

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 4:23 pm

Novak double-faults for the 7th time (Roger at 6)
That seems like a lot for both
Then he slips
It's deuce but Novak holds

DOUBLE BPO FOR NOVAK, and cannot ace!
Saved both phew but no aces
Another saved with an ace

Novak stats for 4 sets
Winners vs errors 35-29
Roger
59-42
also covered more distance again, baffling

Novak breaks... (u)
Roger breaks back (l)
8th fault for Novak

Roger holds his own under pressure
4:4
Federer's holds are more nervous 5:5

Novak 9thfaults
then wins a point in a fall

Easy hold for Roger finally
7-7
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 5:20 pm

OMG FEDERER SERVES FOR THE TITLE
Here we go, 11111 for Roger being #1
Aces and errors and Novak too
DEUCE
nope Novak breaks (u)

11:11 not good :(
but how does Roger go on when he's so old
at least I can be sorta happy for Novak bc he's almost plant-based
this will be the first singles match to go to 12:12 tiebreak

Roger forces deuce after 40:0
ANOTHER MATCH/BREAK POINT OPPORTUNITY
after amazing point with a close challenge
now a close out for Roger :( oh man
great points this late and DRAMA

easy hold for Roger
TIE BREAK #3 come on 3rd time lucky
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 6:04 pm

The longest Wimby final in history
Novak wins all tie breaks
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » July 14th, 2019, 6:10 pm

The Royal Family's Pet Player and just about everyone else eat your pants.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 14th, 2019, 6:18 pm

What an epic thriller though.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Mario Gaborović wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Is that Roger? He doesn't have to - he outplayed Novak even with errors, won 15 more points, won 4 more breaks, made 40 more winners (only 9 more errors) and took it to the end against the current #1 who has better stamina, while being 5 years older.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » July 14th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Always pleasing to see Roger lose :) Crowd spend the whole match backing him.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 6:29 pm

That's easily explained since he doesn't show his bad temper, plays riskier/less defensive and is an underdog.

The only player I can say that about right now is Zverev.

*and of course I think Novak is a better person outside tennis

Roger had almost double Novak's winners in set 5
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » July 14th, 2019, 6:36 pm

ARGH SO CLOSE
Top 200 | https://rateyourmusic.com/~Dolwphin

Member of the Experimental Mafia.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » July 14th, 2019, 6:37 pm

Armoreska wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Mario Gaborović wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:10 pm
Is that Roger? He doesn't have to - he outplayed Novak even with errors, won 15 more points, won 4 more breaks, made 40 more winners (only 9 more errors) and took it to the end against the current #1 who has better stamina, while being 5 years older.
Still remember how many aces kept him alive in the game. He lacks stamina but you can't win a tournament on goddamn aces.

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 14th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Anyone else give a shit about cricket? Because that world cup final was BONKERS BANANAS
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 7:01 pm

flaiky wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:47 pm
Anyone else give a shit about cricket? Because that world cup final was BONKERS BANANAS
Well, I can't wrap my head around any batting sports, if baseball is a legitimate indication of my aversion to them - and I watched like a 12 hour docu about it. I would rather watch a numbers game like a qualification for an F1 race.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Fun fact. Since his first GS win Roger has now lost more Slam matches to the big four than to anybody else (although it looks likes he's already had this statistic since he's been losing to others lately)
Nadal & Novak mostly lose to others
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 14th, 2019, 7:13 pm

AdamH wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Always pleasing to see Roger lose :)
:seething:
Armoreska wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:29 pm
That's easily explained since he doesn't show his bad temper, plays riskier/less defensive and is an underdog.
On top of that Roger doesn't ask the ball boys and girls for 200 balls every time he's serving, in contrast to Novak.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 7:22 pm

Lammetje wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Armoreska wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 6:29 pm
On top of that Roger doesn't ask the ball boys and girls for 200 balls every time he's serving, in contrast to Novak.
And still he needs more balls tehe
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » July 14th, 2019, 7:34 pm

I remember when both were not-old and Djokovic was a underdog who was more frequent loser, but The Audience still rooted for Federer/Nadal anyway.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 14th, 2019, 7:41 pm

Mario Gaborović wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 7:34 pm
I remember when both were not-old and Djokovic was a underdog who was more frequent loser, but The Audience still rooted for Federer/Nadal anyway.
Yeah sucks for him. I suppose it's explained by the fact that he came after the rivalry has been established, and everyone has picked either Roger or Rafa side. And, well, his grinding style of play.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

tommy_leazaq
Donator

Post by tommy_leazaq » July 14th, 2019, 7:51 pm

flaiky wrote:
Yeah.. What.A.Freaking.Match! As an Indian, this match broke my heart more than India's defeat. (u) I mean losing out to a bullshit rules and a unlucky overthrow must be really devastating for a NZ fan. Anyway, Congrats to England fans, if there any here (I don't know if Cippenham is still around here), for their long wait for a World Cup win in Cricket.

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 14th, 2019, 8:43 pm

tommy_leazaq wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 7:51 pm
flaiky wrote:
Yeah.. What.A.Freaking.Match! As an Indian, this match broke my heart more than India's defeat. (u) I mean losing out to a bullshit rules and a unlucky overthrow must be really devastating for a NZ fan. Anyway, Congrats to England fans, if there any here (I don't know if Cippenham is still around here), for their long wait for a World Cup win in Cricket.
I'm also one, so thanks. ;) This was the first tournament I've properly invested in but I was right there by the end and holy moly. I'm lucky I was treated to that final! The last hour was insane. It was tight af but everything that needed to go our way somehow did.

I agree that the 'most boundaries' rule is strange. Has the game ever had to fall back on that before? Playing another over (a superduper over?) would make more sense.
Let the ashes fly

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » July 15th, 2019, 7:29 am

The whole match is here for now if you have 5 hours:

It's like they're in a royal palace in the beginning
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

flaiky

Post by flaiky » July 15th, 2019, 1:50 pm

flaiky wrote:
July 14th, 2019, 8:43 pm
I agree that the 'most boundaries' rule is strange. Has the game ever had to fall back on that before?
Never before in a One Day International. From Reddit:

Let the ashes fly

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » July 18th, 2019, 5:17 am

I didn't watch the Cricket World Cup Final but the controversy over that extra run that ended up seeing things proceed to a super over is a valid point of frustration. The England batsmen hadn't crossed for the second run prior to the New Zealand fielder throwing the ball back. They should have got just one run and the four for the overthrow that went to the boundary. Simon Taufel, the former test umpire, has described the adjudication on-field as a ''clear mistake'' and I think he's correct in his summation.

Seems to have been an astonishing afternoon despite the controversy. And with Irishman Eoin Morgan as England captain as well (who I think qualified for selection through his English mother)!
That's all, folks!

Traveller

Post by Traveller » July 28th, 2019, 3:59 pm

That was an incredible (most likely last for some time) German GP. :worship: Some Canada 2011 flashbacks. These last three races were really what F1 needed.
ICM
September Challenge: ImageImage
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 4th, 2019, 6:09 am

anyone watching the Kyrgios show at Washington Open?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 5th, 2019, 9:33 am

Nick is now the leader in % of wins over top 10 players this year. With 5 wins and 1 loss. Federer also has 5 wins, and Novak 7.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 5th, 2019, 2:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 15th, 2019, 8:49 am

ROFLMAO

meanwhile Kyrgios had another fit and crashed out of another tournament
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 24th, 2019, 2:44 pm

Not sure if there's a football thread around but god damn United being down 0-1 is hard. Definitely have been the better team, weak Arial defending by lindelof though.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 25th, 2019, 12:26 am

Coryn wrote:
August 24th, 2019, 2:44 pm
Not sure if there's a football thread around but god damn United being down 0-1 is hard. Definitely have been the better team, weak Arial defending by lindelof though.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=285&view=unread#unread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » August 31st, 2019, 1:39 pm

FIBA World Championship started.

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » September 2nd, 2019, 2:53 pm

Expansion to 32 teams wasn't a good idea, as each and every day had at least one demolishing. But this was too much

At one point in time, Senegal (vs Lithuania) had 1/23 for three-point shot :lol:

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » September 3rd, 2019, 2:16 am

Is anyone else here an American Ninja Warrior fan?

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » September 3rd, 2019, 4:55 am

can you believe the Philippines came 2nd for hosting the event? I mean, I know the country itself is a fine place to host an event, and China is no powerhouse but at least they're slightly competitive. and apparently the Philippines are co-hosting 2023. they better get their shit together.

oh, reading further, maybe this is why they suck. or at least part of it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippin ... ball_brawl

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » September 4th, 2019, 6:39 pm

I know this lounge seems to be more Euro-dominated, but any NFL fans here? The regular season kicks off tomorrow and I can't wait. Out of the 4 major US sports leagues, it's really the only one I care about anymore. Eagles fan, hoping that Carson Wentz has a true comeback season (mainly, JUST STAY HEALTHY all the way through, that alone would be a big win).
Last edited by GruesomeTwosome on September 4th, 2019, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd