Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

The Sports Lounge

Armoreska

Re: The Sports Lounge

Post by Armoreska » January 12th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Brilliant.
A Moscow court has ruled that Alexandr Zubkov will remain an Olympic champion in Russia, despite being stripped of his gold medals by the International Olympic Committee for doping offences.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-sports/46843365

Russia to create its own alternate universe! With blackjack and hookers.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 19th, 2019, 12:41 pm

First Osaka comes back from 1 set and 1:4 to beat Hsieh and now this

Pouille still won though
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Chilton

Post by Chilton » January 20th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Armoreska wrote:
January 19th, 2019, 12:41 pm
First Osaka comes back from 1 set and 1:4 to beat Hsieh and now this

Pouille still won though
no video :(

Cycling Tour Down Under finished today, managed to see last two stage finishes: Porte wins on Willunga Hill for the 6th(!) time in a row and Jasper Philipsen wins a stage in his first race for a WT-team (even if it was after Ewan was DQ'ed). May he win many more :cheers:

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 20th, 2019, 3:21 pm

That was Pouille-Popyrin set 3 heartbreak tiebreak
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » January 20th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Roger is out of the tournament. :'(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 20th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Lammetje wrote:
January 20th, 2019, 7:36 pm
Roger is out of the tournament. :'(
ya, frustrating, the amount of break points he didn't convert! it's in double figures (12), plus 3 or 4 set points on tie break
https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.p ... al.606569/
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 23rd, 2019, 5:41 am

Wow Serena lost after leading 5:1 40:30 in the final set, and didn't convert 4 match points
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 23rd, 2019, 8:38 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 24th, 2019, 8:17 pm

Osaka-Kvitova and Nadal-Djokovic are going to be the dream finals right now
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » January 24th, 2019, 8:33 pm

I'm watching the 2019 Asian Cup, it's quarterfinals and so far Iran seems to be the strongest side:

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » January 26th, 2019, 8:57 pm

HVM wrote:
June 25th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Kvitty! (l)
Any comments on the women's final, H? I'm just quoting this old post so you'll get a notification. :)
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 26th, 2019, 9:24 pm

I've been rooting for Osaka and Nadal. Naomi had a scare there.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

HVM

Post by HVM » January 27th, 2019, 8:44 am

Lammetje wrote:
January 26th, 2019, 8:57 pm
HVM wrote:
June 25th, 2017, 7:09 pm
Kvitty! (l)
Any comments on the women's final, H? I'm just quoting this old post so you'll get a notification. :)
Kvitty! (l)

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations to Naomi :poshclap: and Novak. :shifty:

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » January 27th, 2019, 10:02 am

Djokovic is overpowered =(
SO much so he's dominating Nadal as efficiently as he did with Pouille and Kei
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

HVM

Post by HVM » January 27th, 2019, 10:57 am

Now this was something. Tour de force!

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 13th, 2019, 12:03 pm

Anyone heard of kung fu volleyball?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Bryce Harper just got paid $330 million to play pajama stickball and I'm still kind of shocked at how shitty his contract is.

sebby

Post by sebby » February 28th, 2019, 11:19 pm

Man do I hate being a White Sox fan.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » February 28th, 2019, 11:22 pm

I'm also shocked there are any White Sox fans left after the Machado debacle. how did that happen!? are they too used to catch-and-release fishing or something? they had him!! and they let him go... and now my team has to play his punk ass 19 times a year for the next decade.

sebby

Post by sebby » February 28th, 2019, 11:37 pm

I think there are about 1100 of us left.

They were so enamored at potentially getting a future hofer at a fire sale price that paying a mere bargain rate was too much I guess.

Just move the fuckers to Portland and call them the Wet Sox. At least they'll draw more than 18k a game.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » March 1st, 2019, 3:30 am

Phillies fan here. Me likey. 😁 Would be great if Bryce can also lure Mike Trout back to his hometown team in 2 years (can’t help being greedy).
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 2nd, 2019, 5:28 pm

Rog Fed got his 100th singles title vs beta-Fed.
2nd man to do a century.
Funny how comparatively easy the SF and final were after the tougher first 3 rounds.

100 ATP singles
8 doubles
2 challengers
7 juniors
6 team cups
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 3rd, 2019, 1:59 pm

Not your average ski marathon, just finished at the champ's
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Chilton

Post by Chilton » March 3rd, 2019, 11:54 pm

Armoreska wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 1:59 pm
Not your average ski marathon, just finished at the champ's
Missed the last 4-5 days completely, too busy with road cycling, track cycling and indoor athletics. :P

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 9th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Felix Auger-Aliassime just beat Tsitsipas on big stage for the 1st time
This could be the next major rivalry.

Next come Bautista, Djere rematch, then Zverev and Djokovic. Very hard draw for the 18 year old.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 10th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Denise Herrmann -an ex-XC skier- just won pursuit at the world champs of biathlon.
The other day everyone on the podium in the sprint was sick, lol.

A Ukrainian biathlete who's never even been on a podium in world cup just won the other pursuit! I don't like him but what a race that was. Ukrainian men also win about once in a decade.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 16th, 2019, 6:36 am

A new FeDal today/tonight in Indian Wells!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 16th, 2019, 7:27 pm

No such luck. Nadal walks giving Fed clear road to 101st
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » March 19th, 2019, 10:45 pm

Mike Trout is gonna get $430 million and the Angels somehow still managed to get one helluva discount. and, a major plus, he's not going to the Phillies.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » March 19th, 2019, 10:58 pm

funkybusiness wrote:
March 19th, 2019, 10:45 pm
and, a major plus, he's not going to the Phillies.
As a Phillies fan: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

But I wish Trout well in the rest of his career with the Angels, I sure hope they give him something to work with since he’s only been to the playoffs once so far in his career, and got swept right away at that.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal

Post by Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal » March 22nd, 2019, 11:53 pm

My beloved Magpies kicked off the season last night in disappointing fashion by losing our season opener to a team we were expected to beat. Predictably some of our snowflake supporters are already writing us off. But I liked one fan's response and I think it's sound advice for supporters of all team sports:

Post subject: Are our Expectations Realistic?
'Oh how I wish that we could stop loading up our players with unrealistic, huge, unattainable expectations. How I wish we could see them for what they are - actual human beings who are simply amazing in what they can do - how about JDG when he shrugged off that tackle with supreme strength to kick a goal against the Cats!!! How about Jamie Elliott, fighting god knows what demons, to get himself back on the park?

Why can't we rejoice in what our players can do, rather than expecting them to always gratify our every wish? They are there simply to make our loves whole, are they???? Get a life then, I say.

Why do some of us love to rubbish our team if we judge that they have turned in a weaker performance against our oh, so high standards?

Why do we expect that just because we made it to the big dance against all the odds, that we will automatically get there the next year?

So many players are suffering from mental health issues, because we the supporters like to to sit comfortably and anonymously behind our keyboards, dealing out the criticism. Those who dished out on Adam Treloar tonight. Do you realize he suffers from anxiety issues????

Our players and coaches are human - they make mistakes, don't always perform at their best, although they always try to. Get off their backs!! They are capable of doing things that 99.9% of us will never do, with gut-busting courage that is admirable.'

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 26th, 2019, 4:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 29th, 2019, 6:21 am

Federer, almost 38, just won 8 games in a row against a fellow top 10 player with a big serve :circle:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Post by Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal » March 29th, 2019, 8:25 pm

My beloved Magpies bounced back and have moved into outright favoritism to win the premiership. What a difference a week makes.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 30th, 2019, 12:32 am

Armoreska wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 6:21 am
Federer, almost 38, just won 8 games in a row against a fellow top 10 player with a big serve :circle:
and reached 3rd final in a row
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 31st, 2019, 6:46 pm

Armoreska wrote:
March 30th, 2019, 12:32 am
Armoreska wrote:
March 29th, 2019, 6:21 am
and reached 3rd final in a row
Won the final losing only 3 points on serve. That must be a record for finals or smth.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

Post by Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal » April 11th, 2019, 9:19 am

Sports commentators should stop saying o when they mean zero. For example 'the team is o and three.' No. The team is zero and three.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » April 13th, 2019, 6:21 pm

F1 has its 1000th race this weekend
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » April 14th, 2019, 8:14 pm

I’m not big into golf at all, but I do realize this is big news for the sport: Tiger Woods just won the Masters, his first major tournament win since 2008. He’s finally back, it seems.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd