Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Nordic, 1950s
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

The Sports Lounge

Armoreska

Re: The Sports Lounge

Post by Armoreska » March 15th, 2020, 11:06 am

With virtually all sports on hold, only autosports can continue to exist

and, well, chess n stuff with World Chess Championship about to start

What else is there?
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » March 15th, 2020, 12:33 pm

Rugby league in the NRL and Super League is still going ahead, for now...

I'm looking forward to Castleford taking on St. Helens this afternoon from Wheldon Road.

I watched the UFC card from Brasilia last night as well. Rather strange watching combat sports being played out in an empty arena.
That's all, folks!

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » March 15th, 2020, 1:14 pm

Dana White says that the UFC will continue with their upcoming events. I have mixed feelings about this as UFC fighters aren't unionised like in many major sports and might feel under more obligation and pressure, and in many cases in need of a pay-day. At the same time, if everyone concerned is healthy and ready to go it could put back careers to call off fights. Tough one...

https://www.the42.ie/ufc-boss-dana-whit ... /#comments
That's all, folks!

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 15th, 2020, 1:31 pm

That was crashy. Jimmy Broadbent amateur youtuber came 5th in a race with just pros (even Juan Pablo Montoya was racing).
2nd race next.
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » March 16th, 2020, 5:25 pm

Low-key dope as fuck.

Top 300 | RYM | Letterboxd

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » March 16th, 2020, 10:26 pm

The NRL (National Rugby League) reaching out to ESPN to potentially show more live games on their American channels, given the shut-down affecting virtually all of professional sport in America. This could offer rugby league to sports-starved new spectators and be a boon to the sport in difficult and unprecedented times.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/coronaviru ... 01a8521c84
That's all, folks!