Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Directors (Waiting for results), 1929 (Results), Directorial Debut Features (Mar 12th), DtC - Nominations (Mar 20th)
Challenges: Experimental/Avant Garde, Benelux, Run the Director
Film of the Week: Daisan no kagemusha, March nominations (Feb 26th)

The Cycling Lounge

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

3 way battle for KOM!
the ITT will decide the winner there.
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD,
Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, Yasujiro Ozu, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Straka

Post by Straka »

I am totally not surprised that Pogacar ends up winning the Tour. He is simply completing an example set by his predecessor:

In 2017 Bernal won Tour de l'Avenir, in 2018 he won the Tour of California and confirmed his talent in his first Grand Tour appearance, in 2019 het won the Tour.

In 2018 Pogacar won Tour de l'Avenir, in 2019 he won the Tour of California and confirmed his talent in his first Grand Tour appearance, and now he is winning the Tour.

Tobias Foss will for sure not do this: The Tour of California was cancelled even before Covid-troubles.

Actually glad that the calculated riding by Jumbo did not lead to victory. A duel between the Ineos- and Jumbo-trains could have been interesting, but since that neverreally happened the final derailing of the Jumbo-train was a good outcome for an otherwise pretty boring Tour.

The most interesting team was actually Sunweb, well deserved 3 stage wins and combatative award for Hirschi.
Teproc

Post by Teproc »

I am surprised he won it this early though, and in this particular fashion. Yesterday was stunning.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

horrible looking crash for Chloe Dygert but apparently she's fine
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

How many cyclists are capable of winning both elite ITT and sprint? Other than Wout Van Aert.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Maybe Cancellara? Can't quite remember how fast his sprint was though, but I remember him being pretty fast?
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

Evenepoel probably but then we'll never know because everybody else is struggling to finish before the time limit after another one of his killer solos. tehe

Cancellara was pretty fast in the sprint, Boonen and Sagan could win short ITT's and even Michael Matthews has been known to win both. On agood day maybe Stuyven, Naesen, Kung or Van Avermaet?
Teproc

Post by Teproc »

Matthews is the main one that comes to mind yeah, he's won a few ITTs. Alaphilippe has won some ITTs and a pretty big sprint in Tirenno, but he wouldn't win a mass sprint in the Tour.
Straka

Post by Straka »

Boasson Hagen comes to mind as well. Usually it are the guys that are a bit more allround to begin with, but i guess it is not that uncommon.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

jeroeno wrote: September 25th, 2020, 5:20 pm Evenepoel probably but then we'll never know because everybody else is struggling to finish before the time limit after another one of his killer solos. tehe
I noticed he had a pretty crappy sprint and doesn't contest them often.

Van Aert now won in the same year: solo breakaway, small breakaway, multiple sprints, and NC and 2nd in worlds ITT
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

There's a livestream on youtubes
Last edited by Armoreska on September 27th, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

France putting the hammer down
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

This is how you win. Either the race or new fans.
just the fans then

Ala, Kwiato, Birdsong, WVA, Primoz and... Hirschi left
Last edited by Armoreska on September 27th, 2020, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Teproc

Post by Teproc »

Yes, finally! So glad Alaphilippe got it done this time, was worried after he seemed to have lost some of his punching power (especially compared to Van Aert), it's going to be such a pleasure seeing him race in the rainbow jersey.
Straka

Post by Straka »

In a single reign in the rainbow jersey he could actually win some races twice.

Alaphilippe is not starting Fleche Wallone, so he is not taking the first chance he gets to show off the rainbow jersey.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

MVDP is trying to win Belgium tour. Interesting ending, glad I tuned in

This is the greatest chase of all time

Nobody knows who won. I imagine it's within 5s

procyclingstats has crashed

They should put this on a compilation of cycling races.

It's been a while and there's still no confirmation of the gap...
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Teproc

Post by Teproc »

What a shocker from Alaphilippe, got everything wrong and most likely cost Hirschi the victory. He must not have been thinking clearly at all, I don't remember him being a dirty sprinter before, and the too-early celebration is just obviously him not being in his right mind there.

Great to see the TdF contenders being there, and Roglic winning it is nice for that reason, but if I'm Hirshi, I now hate Alaphilippe with the passion of a thousand burning suns.
Straka

Post by Straka »

Alaphilippe can be a nervous rider. I think in this case the nerves got the best of him. For sure it cost Hirshi the victory.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Did they check blood alcohol level?

At least Matej's chase paid off. 4th place stead of 5th.

Hirschi is cracking this years top 10
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Sagan's had 6 2nd places since his last victory 13 months ago
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

ITT world champion leads KOM competition

Peter Sagan completed GT points jersey wearing hat trick
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
jeroeno

Post by jeroeno »

Simon Yates won't start in today's stage because he tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday. His roommate Affini broke his hand yesterday so he wasn't going to start anyway. Let's hope Simon didn't infect other riders.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

I read that like Affini broke Simon's hand :)
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

The grand tours are such gifts this year. Nobody sure who wins any of them. Giro more so than Tour even. Birdsong? Nibali? Kruiseweek? Wilco?
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Such a shame Evenepoel isn't there right now :(
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

wow Cruiseweek is out with covirus and the entire team too!
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/gi ... h-dropouts

Demare is pulling, trying to bring back Peter
They failed! even though it was as close as 20 secs
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Any who missed that better torrent it or whatever.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Peter missed out on a chance to challenge for the points classification again
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

With major TT done Almeida has 2:30 on the GC group of Nibz, Pozzo n Majka. What do you reckon? They also need to put at least a minute, preferably 2 into him before the final TT.
Wilco has 1:30.

Climbs 15 to 35 to go
https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/gi ... mbs-ranked

Majka coming into form nicely
122nd to 16th
and 50sec to Wilco (30sec in TT1)
both Nibz and Pozzo are a minute down on Wilco in TT2 compared to same time in TT1
doesnt sound good for Nibz who you expect to be much better
last time they were doing fine in Giro was 2017 and Pozzo lost about as much to Nibz as Nibz to TT winners
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

looks like a
1. WIlco - never won a stage in a grand tour
2. Almeida - a newbie
3. another of the outsiders
podium right now. bonkers!

the remaining usual suspects are now #6,7,8,12,17 and 3 are DNF
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Chilton

Post by Chilton »

Today's Tour of Flanders :wub:
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

forgot about it :(

Wow Ala was in the same group too but crashed. What an OP group that was.
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

MVDP jumps into 400 with this victory
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Vuelta off to an interesting start. Doesnt look like there's any doubt to who's going to win it
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Today was mountain day at both grand tours and tomorrow is another, with Stelvio and another cat 1 finish at Vuelta
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler
Straka

Post by Straka »

Third week Giro delivers again. What an amazing race.
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

First week Vuelta tho
he or A. or Armo or any

Spoiler