Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Which continent?

Which continent do you hail from?

Africa
0
No votes
Antarctica
5
12%
Asia
2
5%
Australia/Oceania
2
5%
Europe
22
52%
North America
10
24%
South America
1
2%
 
Total votes: 42

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

Which continent?

#1

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 1:17 pm

In the spirit of uncovering which continent has got the edge here on our cosy forum, please state which one you hail from.

User avatar
cinephage
Donator
Posts: 3874
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
Contact:

#2

Post by cinephage » April 23rd, 2014, 1:42 pm

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to the next forum meet-up in Antarctica...

User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8503
Joined: May 28, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#3

Post by jvv » April 23rd, 2014, 1:48 pm

I was severely tempted to click on Antarctica. :D

User avatar
VincentPrice
Posts: 4154
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Maine
Contact:

#4

Post by VincentPrice » April 23rd, 2014, 3:18 pm

The good ol' North America, the best America.

Rich
Posts: 4722
Joined: May 12, 2011
Contact:

#5

Post by Rich » April 23rd, 2014, 4:15 pm

North America...for now...

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7085
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#6

Post by Gershwin » April 23rd, 2014, 4:40 pm

Coming over to Europe, Rich?
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#7

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 5:04 pm

Stay tuned for part 2 of this poll - which country (or in the unlikely case of Americans prevailing, which state) has the most iCM 'forumers'..

Rich
Posts: 4722
Joined: May 12, 2011
Contact:

#8

Post by Rich » April 23rd, 2014, 5:05 pm

Gershwin on Apr 23 2014, 10:40:52 AM wrote:Coming over to Europe, Rich?
I'd like to. There is the money issue.

Kasparius
Posts: 24612
Joined: Sep 14, 2011
Contact:

#9

Post by Kasparius » April 23rd, 2014, 5:24 pm

Well are we supposed to pick where we grew up or where we live?

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 23806
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#10

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » April 23rd, 2014, 5:25 pm

Kasparius on Apr 23 2014, 11:24:32 AM wrote:Well are we supposed to pick where we grew up or where we live?
Where you live. You're a New Yorker now.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#11

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 5:26 pm

Kasparius on Apr 23 2014, 11:24:32 AM wrote:Well are we supposed to pick where we grew up or where we live?
Permanent place of residence would do just fine. Also, I predict Europe is going to win this round.
Last edited by monty on April 23rd, 2014, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#12

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 5:31 pm

So one guy here is a resident of Antarctica but still there's nobody from Africa, Asia or South America. What gives?
Clearly, this problem should be the main topic of discussion for the upcoming Dutch summit.
Last edited by monty on April 23rd, 2014, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkilledLunatic
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact:

#13

Post by SkilledLunatic » April 23rd, 2014, 5:44 pm

monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:31:21 AM wrote:So one guy here is a resident of Antarctica but still there's nobody from Africa or Asia. What gives?
Clearly, this problem should be the main topic of discussion for the upcoming Dutch summit.
Corrected that for you Monty ;)

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#14

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 6:01 pm

SkilledLunatic on Apr 23 2014, 11:44:13 AM wrote:
monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:31:21 AM wrote:So one guy here is a resident of Antarctica but still there's nobody from Africa or Asia. What gives?
Clearly, this problem should be the main topic of discussion for the upcoming Dutch summit.
Corrected that for you Monty ;)
Brazil, is it? :thumbsup: Would be great if some from Spanish-speaking South America came forward next. Also,too bad if Asia and Africa go unrepresented - surely, there must be at least one from each continent here?
Last edited by monty on April 23rd, 2014, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9652
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#15

Post by Knaldskalle » April 23rd, 2014, 6:31 pm

monty on Apr 23 2014, 12:01:15 PM wrote:
SkilledLunatic on Apr 23 2014, 11:44:13 AM wrote:
monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:31:21 AM wrote:So one guy here is a resident of Antarctica but still there's nobody from Africa or Asia. What gives?
Clearly, this problem should be the main topic of discussion for the upcoming Dutch summit.
Corrected that for you Monty ;)
Brazil, is it? :thumbsup: Would be great if some from Spanish-speaking South America came forward next. Also,too bad if Asia and Africa go unrepresented - surely, there must be at least one from each continent here?
I'm not sure if we've had anyone from Africa, but we sure do have members from the Asian continent (India and Saudi Arabia, if memory serves).
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 2958
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Contact:

#16

Post by sortile9io » April 23rd, 2014, 6:33 pm

monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:04:17 AM wrote:Stay tuned for part 2 of this poll - which country (or in the unlikely case of Americans prevailing, which state) has the most iCM 'forumers'..
That will make part 1 redundant, won't it?

User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8503
Joined: May 28, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#17

Post by jvv » April 23rd, 2014, 6:34 pm

I think we have some Asians on this forum. Aren't sushantv10 and tommy_leazaq from India?

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#18

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 6:42 pm

jvv on Apr 23 2014, 12:34:50 PM wrote:I think we have some Asians on this forum. Aren't sushantv10 and tommy_leazaq from India?
But will they vote?

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#19

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 6:43 pm

sortile9io on Apr 23 2014, 12:33:45 PM wrote:
monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:04:17 AM wrote:Stay tuned for part 2 of this poll - which country (or in the unlikely case of Americans prevailing, which state) has the most iCM 'forumers'..
That will make part 1 redundant, won't it?
Europe will win. Naturally, we'll then have to have a poll on the biggest forum country...

User avatar
sortile9io
Posts: 2958
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
Contact:

#20

Post by sortile9io » April 23rd, 2014, 6:56 pm

monty on Apr 23 2014, 12:43:39 PM wrote:
sortile9io on Apr 23 2014, 12:33:45 PM wrote:
monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:04:17 AM wrote:Stay tuned for part 2 of this poll - which country (or in the unlikely case of Americans prevailing, which state) has the most iCM 'forumers'..
That will make part 1 redundant, won't it?
Europe will win. Naturally, we'll then have to have a poll on the biggest forum country...
OK, I get it. Two rounds to avoid a 200 countries list. You're just interested in the most voted country.

What about asking then which continent/country we would like to live in? Would it be a very different result?

SkilledLunatic
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact:

#21

Post by SkilledLunatic » April 23rd, 2014, 7:55 pm

monty on Apr 23 2014, 12:01:15 PM wrote:
SkilledLunatic on Apr 23 2014, 11:44:13 AM wrote:
monty on Apr 23 2014, 11:31:21 AM wrote:So one guy here is a resident of Antarctica but still there's nobody from Africa or Asia. What gives?
Clearly, this problem should be the main topic of discussion for the upcoming Dutch summit.
Corrected that for you Monty ;)
Brazil, is it? :thumbsup: Would be great if some from Spanish-speaking South America came forward next. Also,too bad if Asia and Africa go unrepresented - surely, there must be at least one from each continent here?
Yeah :thumbsup: I do think it would be interesting to have an Spanish speaking South American because there are many similarities and differences between our cultures. And I agree, it's very said that we don't have an African/Asian member but, specially, African since I rarely see them in any film forum/site.
Last edited by SkilledLunatic on April 23rd, 2014, 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9652
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#22

Post by Knaldskalle » April 23rd, 2014, 9:36 pm

sortile9io on Apr 23 2014, 12:56:36 PM wrote:
monty on Apr 23 2014, 12:43:39 PM wrote:
sortile9io on Apr 23 2014, 12:33:45 PM wrote:That will make part 1 redundant, won't it?
Europe will win. Naturally, we'll then have to have a poll on the biggest forum country...
OK, I get it. Two rounds to avoid a 200 countries list. You're just interested in the most voted country.
No, this isn't right. A continent with fewer countries will have a "disadvantage" over a continent with many countries. Say 15 Americans vote, but 20 so do Europeans. A subsequent poll exploring the number of different people from Europe show that 7 were Norwegian, 3 were German, 5 Dutch, 2 Czech and one Greek. So Norway wins the poll with 7 votes and is the "most voted country". Except 15 Americans voted in the first poll and only one of those votes was Canadian...

So if Monty's poll is just to find out which country has the most forum'ers, this is a bad way to go about it.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#23

Post by monty » April 23rd, 2014, 10:15 pm

The Dutch mafia would beat the Americans regardless of poll design.
Last edited by monty on April 23rd, 2014, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7085
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#24

Post by Gershwin » April 24th, 2014, 2:21 am

I don't think so. Sharp thinking, Knalds.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 12969
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#25

Post by Cippenham » April 24th, 2014, 2:23 am

there is norway someone here lives in Antartica surely
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9652
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#26

Post by Knaldskalle » April 24th, 2014, 1:02 pm

Cippenham on Apr 23 2014, 08:23:56 PM wrote:there is norway someone here lives in Antartica surely
Norway "owns" part of Antarctica, so don't be too sure.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#27

Post by monty » April 24th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Knaldskalle on Apr 24 2014, 07:02:36 AM wrote:
Cippenham on Apr 23 2014, 08:23:56 PM wrote:there is norway someone here lives in Antartica surely
Norway "owns" part of Antarctica, so don't be too sure.
And we've got an all-year research station there called Troll, which last featured in Carpenter's 1982 masterpiece.
Last edited by monty on April 24th, 2014, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 12969
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#28

Post by Cippenham » April 24th, 2014, 3:04 pm

monty on Apr 24 2014, 07:20:09 AM wrote:
Knaldskalle on Apr 24 2014, 07:02:36 AM wrote:
Cippenham on Apr 23 2014, 08:23:56 PM wrote:there is norway someone here lives in Antartica surely
Norway "owns" part of Antarctica, so don't be too sure.
And we've got an all-year research station there called Troll, which last featured in Carpenter's 1982 masterpiece.
ok fair enough
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi
Posts: 11696
Joined: May 29, 2011
Contact:

#29

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » April 24th, 2014, 4:06 pm

monty on Apr 24 2014, 07:20:09 AM wrote:
Knaldskalle on Apr 24 2014, 07:02:36 AM wrote:
Cippenham on Apr 23 2014, 08:23:56 PM wrote:there is norway someone here lives in Antartica surely
Norway "owns" part of Antarctica, so don't be too sure.
And we've got an all-year research station there called Troll, which last featured in Carpenter's 1982 masterpiece.
Yes, and I am pretty sure that "Troll" is the relevant term for the person who answered that he lives in Antarctica.

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6916
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#30

Post by 3eyes » April 24th, 2014, 6:46 pm

I know there's at least one ICM'er from Iran (my friend Moviemad) but I guess he's not on the forum.
Last edited by 3eyes on April 24th, 2014, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2855
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#31

Post by metaller » April 24th, 2014, 10:20 pm

On the facebook group there is one user who hails from South Africa but recent-ish moved to London. Also, I thought we had also had someone from China here?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13254
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#32

Post by brokenface » April 24th, 2014, 10:26 pm

3eyes on Apr 24 2014, 12:46:51 PM wrote:I know there's at least one ICM'er from Iran (my friend Moviemad) but I guess he's not on the forum.
plus Pain is from Saudi Arabia, if I remember right.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#33

Post by monty » April 24th, 2014, 10:29 pm

Shoot them a pm and have them join in.

tommy_leazaq
Donator
Posts: 3523
Joined: May 18, 2011
Location: Chennai, India
Contact:

#34

Post by tommy_leazaq » April 25th, 2014, 8:47 am

monty on Apr 23 2014, 12:42:12 PM wrote:
jvv on Apr 23 2014, 12:34:50 PM wrote:I think we have some Asians on this forum. Aren't sushantv10 and tommy_leazaq from India?
But will they vote?
One of them just did!

There were quite a few active fellow Indians here but off late I have not seen any of them.
Last edited by tommy_leazaq on April 25th, 2014, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

CMT
Posts: 1386
Joined: Jan 26, 2013
Contact:

#35

Post by CMT » April 25th, 2014, 9:13 am

Who are the two other Australians?

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 30100
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#36

Post by mightysparks » April 25th, 2014, 9:14 am

*waves hand*
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Marazmatique
Posts: 396
Joined: Jul 15, 2012
Contact:

#37

Post by Marazmatique » April 25th, 2014, 2:33 pm

I'm the other one. Originally from Europe though.
Last edited by Marazmatique on April 25th, 2014, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
monty
Posts: 12788
Joined: May 09, 2011
Contact:

#38

Post by monty » April 29th, 2014, 12:11 am

Ok, I guess it's time to end this poll now and as expected Europe prevailed. Prepare for Round 2.

User avatar
Armoreska
Posts: 11450
Joined: Nov 01, 2012
Location: Ukraine
Contact:

#39

Post by Armoreska » April 29th, 2014, 9:46 am

Europe is so mainstream. Gotta move
Image
currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7085
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#40

Post by Gershwin » April 29th, 2014, 10:13 am

If things continue like they do, you'll be living in Asia within a few years, Armo. :unsure:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Post Reply