Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: L'inhumaine, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFB: India vs Greece (Sep 20th), Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

The Political Lounge

Knaldskalle

Re: The Political Lounge

Post by Knaldskalle » August 10th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Dolwphin wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 4:50 pm
Why are there elections in Belarus? I thought that was supposed to be the last legit dictatorship in Europe. My state education fails me again?
Most dictatorships have elections of some sort. It's a way for the regime to legitimize itself.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » August 10th, 2020, 8:11 pm

yeah, it works.
keeps the more feeble-minded docile.
and can sow confusion when nobody's sure who's actually got the majority.
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » September 1st, 2020, 7:31 pm

Ubisoft releases new Tom Clancy Game trailer showing Antifa and BLM inspired group as the Villains
currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists (besides TV): ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » Yesterday, 1:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434