Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
ICMForum's Favourite Movies 2019 Edition (Nominations: Mar 20th)
Polls: Documentaries (Results), 2018 (Feb 17th), 2003 awards (Feb 24th), Fantasy (Feb 28th), DtC Nominations (Feb 28th), Children (Apr 7th)
Challenges: Academy Awards, 1930s, China+HK+Taiwan
World Cup: Semi finals preparation (Feb 23rd)
Film of the Week: Bian zou bian chang

The Political Lounge

Post Reply
User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: The Political Lounge

#5521

Post by Lakigigar » January 9th, 2019, 3:03 pm

video where people encourage people to skip school tomorrow to protest for better climate policies

GO YOUTH.

Now it's the time to be rebellious!
Why should we even bother studying if there's nothing to study for!

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5522

Post by Cippenham » January 9th, 2019, 4:28 pm

Trump didn’t say Mexico would build the wall but they would pay and he would argue his trade deal means they do in effect but he still needs funds . Maybe if the government shuts down long term no one will notice much and that could save a lot of money.

User avatar
RBG
Posts: 5615
Joined: Feb 13, 2016
Location: desert usa
Contact:

#5523

Post by RBG » January 9th, 2019, 5:17 pm

Maybe if the government shuts down long term no one will notice much and that could save a lot of money.
https://www.newstatesman.com/world/nort ... ollars-day

it costs more to shutdown the government than to keep it open. as much as half a billion dollars a day. i think you're just being ignorant but the destruction in the national parks may take years to recover from. joshua tree has been closed now as people were four wheeling all over the place and damaging the plant life. not to mention overflowing toilets and trash cans everywhere. i guess that doesn't bother people who want to drill the arctic and bulldoze the amazon though :ermm:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

matthewscott8
Donator
Posts: 1165
Joined: May 13, 2015
Contact:

#5524

Post by matthewscott8 » January 9th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Cippenham wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Trump didn’t say Mexico would build the wall but they would pay and he would argue his trade deal means they do in effect but he still needs funds . Maybe if the government shuts down long term no one will notice much and that could save a lot of money.
The USMCA is simply a rebranding of NAFTA with cosmetic changes. There is no money coming from it and I haven't seen him argue otherwise. As has just been pointed out, US government shutdowns don't save money.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5525

Post by Lakigigar » January 9th, 2019, 9:53 pm



Well worst interview of the century or that i've ever seen. Come on. I couldn't watch it, had to pause it several times because i'm not believing what is happening. The media is so fake, while the far-right populist demagogue who's the leader of a white identitarian group was blatantly lying at times.. It was basically a non-discussion. He had nothing to tell basically but basically uses the media to make sure that they keep talking about him while the media push their agenda on everything. I mean, they both claim they lie, and four minutes went about the court case he faces, but apparently he wasn't informed about that yet. He claimed the media was lying about it while the journalist claimed he knew. They both were wrong, because he didn't knew that he was officially in suspicion of a crime. The media claims its opportunism, that he tries to be elected to finance his white identitarian supremacist organization (that he refuses to leave)

Around 9.30 the media talked about something on discord he wrote (and that the media infriltrated) about a video where he said to his fellowers of his white identitarian group: "to the people who want to know how to be productive, check this video of oswald mosley", and in that video oswald mosley said this: "“Naturally we believe in our own race. Any man or woman worth anything believes in his own race as he believes in his own family. But because you believe in your own race or in your own family doesn't mean you want to injure other races or other families.”. The day afterwards he said the exact same thing in his speech. He claimed it was not true, and that it was coincidence, or that anything could have said that, because it's a common thing and many people think that.

Now he pulls the list of the far-right, so he'll almost certainly be elected into parliament, and he will seat as an independent, not for the far-right. They claimed he never wanted to step in politics, but he said that he wants to represent the people, and that he has to do that in parliament. Also what will apparently happen is that the court case against him would be suspended (or that he's not able to be convicted because of parliamentary immunity.

But he will become one of the 150 federal parliamentary members this year, unless a miracle happens (he gets convicted before election, or the far-right retract his candidacy for some reason, maybe because he could be too extreme for the far-right party?). Creepy.

The media made a catastrophic mistake. They thought they would hurt his reputation or destroy him by giving a lot of coverage for an irrelevant 25 year old dude from a white identitarian group, and they made him big, just like what happened with Donald Trump. He's extremely popular. I mean readers of one newspaper have said he was the 11th biggest Belgian of 2018. He was just an irrelevant far-right internet troll in 2017.

matthewscott8
Donator
Posts: 1165
Joined: May 13, 2015
Contact:

#5526

Post by matthewscott8 » January 10th, 2019, 12:17 am

Lakigigar wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 9:53 pm


Well worst interview of the century or that i've ever seen. Come on. I couldn't watch it, had to pause it several times because i'm not believing what is happening. The media is so fake, while the far-right populist demagogue who's the leader of a white identitarian group was blatantly lying at times.. It was basically a non-discussion. He had nothing to tell basically but basically uses the media to make sure that they keep talking about him while the media push their agenda on everything. I mean, they both claim they lie, and four minutes went about the court case he faces, but apparently he wasn't informed about that yet. He claimed the media was lying about it while the journalist claimed he knew. They both were wrong, because he didn't knew that he was officially in suspicion of a crime. The media claims its opportunism, that he tries to be elected to finance his white identitarian supremacist organization (that he refuses to leave)
He's good looking and clean cut and talks confidently, that trumps pretty much anything these days. Arguments don't actually matter anymore. Couldnt follow what he was saying as I don't speak the language.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5527

Post by Lakigigar » January 10th, 2019, 12:25 pm

yes, i wish you could follow it... That was one of the most explosive and worst interviews i've ever seen. The media attacked him hard, and he attacked even harder. Even told straight against the media that he wanted to use the finances of his mandate (parliamentary members) to found a independent media channel that will uncover the lies from the mainstream media. Four minutes of the interview also went like this: "you're lying. NO you're lying and i can prove that... No, court has said that... I've spoken to my lawyer and he told me this ... and i believe him". The quality of it was so low. This is a radical change from the past. The political environment is becoming more & more extreme and polarizing very rapidly. The media's image is hurt considerably as well after that interview. They gave that guy a platform, and made him big (because of one documentary -> this is translated into english https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2018/10/10 ... anisation/. Of course the far-left uses him as well to increase their vote share as well, as extremes profit from each other and grow. I mean the center loses credibility and is basically very corrupt. But DVL also could make the left big again, as many people disenfranchised with how the right-wing and center-right parties deal with this move to the left (and they don't vote social democrat believe me). But there are a lot of people who don't want a government with the nationalist N-VA anymore (whose reputation was partly hurt, as a lot of members of the white identitarian group were part of the "moderate" nationalist party who went populist with the UN migration compact issue anyway. It's a big tent broad front populist party all-catch from far-right to moderate right). I think a lot of the anti-fascist vote who think marxists are too extreme will vote Green as social democrat is not an option as well for many people because of corrupt image, and because they went in a coalition with N-VA (the political party you either love or hate). The Greens are doing everything to present theirselves as anti-N-VA.

this is an english article Vlaams Belang to give far right activist parliamentary platform. He also campaigned very hard a month ago against the UN Migration Compact, and was one of the leaders of the violent protests in Brussels.

I hate that he will be the youngest PM, and that he will represent the "youth". Come on. Usually, young people NEVER get a chance. And he is only 26 years old. i'm 23 years old. Also, i've seen that the catholic party was criticized by women organisations for having so few female candidates, fewer than ever in 21st century. It's sad. My mom won't vote for them because of that.
Vlaams Belang to give far right activist parliamentary platform
Dries Van Langenhove, the founder of the far right organisation Schild & Vrienden, has announced he will be standing as an independent on the Vlaams Belang list of candidates in May's general election. Mr Van Langenhove will be the top candidate of the far right party in the Flemish Brabant multi-member constituency for the Belgian parliament and is almost certain of a seat.

Speaking with VRT News 25-year-old Mr Van Langenhove insisted he wasn't entering party politics but was keen to stress his status as an independent on the list.

"I haven't entered party politics. I will remain an activist independent of any party. In the federal parliament I will be able say and do what I already do during street actions and on social media if I get the support of the Vlaams Brabanters."

"I possess no party card. I am not involved in party politics and the political party carve up that holds Belgium in a strangulation grasp. I will not be filling my pockets."

"This is no opportunism. I'm doing what my followers and supporters have asked of me for months now: that I declare in parliament what I've been saying in the street and on social media."

During an interview on VRT TV Mr Van Langenhove repeatedly insisted he hadn't been identified as a suspect during an investigation triggered by a VRT probe. However, prosecutors maintain he has been identified as a suspect implicitly as an investigation was launched.

The far right activist confirmed he was working on a new media channel: "a news channel that will counter your (VRT) fake news and lies" he told VRT TV.
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2018/10/10 ... anisation/ -> the probe with english dubbing.

I love the part in bold... That was stated so agressive in the interview. Brutal and blunt. I've never seen such a thing in a political interview. Yes maybe between two politicians, but the journalist has basically become his opponent.

Reactions on social media: some people have said that he was extremely arrogant and narcist, while others absolutely loved how he attacked the media and was so direct about it, and had no respect for the interrogator, but to me, the media wins this battle (although i'm still of the opinion that they're fake, and that people claiming that they push a political agenda are absolutely right), and both camps really got hurt after this interview.

They also claim that they need money (so many people pay the white identitarian group) money so that they can pay the best lawyers to uncover the blatant lies of the "fake media", and that they will start one of the biggest court cases against the "fake media". literally, yes.

They both made mistakes in the interview. The media apparently made a mistake (they've said it was a "mistake") in an article on one issue (apparently about what they've said he has said on twitter, while it was not him, but a fake account), and the far-right activist said it was blatant lie in the interview, but the far-right activist has made at least three lies (probably more), and hammered on them. There was also one miscommunication, in which both claimed what the other was saying was a lie, but they were both wrong, as the far-right activist wasn't informed yet about what the media claimed what happened (but the media said he was informed), but justice said he wasn't informed yet (but the far-right activist said it was simply not true). So, they debated three - four minutes about that one issue, and they were both wrong.

___

Overall reactions are polarized, people that congratulated for their calm attitude of how they dealt with this, while others (with as many or even more likes) congratulated the far-right activist for uncovering the blatant lies of the fake media, and his harsh - and very direct - attitude, but it reminded me of a teenager that has an argument with his parent on something. Other reactions have said that this interview will be remembered throughout Belgian history. It was very trendy yesterday and watched by many people.

I mean lol, it already has 200k views... after one day. I don't think that news magazine had ever so many views for one item they posted on youtube.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5528

Post by Lakigigar » January 10th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Also he repeatedly stated that he represents the Flemish youth and that his job is to make the Flemish youth mentally and physically more resilient again, just like "our ancestors" were which suggests that we're weak and losers or don't fight anymore or that according to him we literally always obey or accept what the media tells and that we're naive. He always talks about the Flemish youth, but he doesn't represent me... I'm afraid though that this generation is very right-wing... honestly. There are people who centrist mostly people who are rich and well off and don't suffer from problems, or whose parents are already active in centrist parties, and a lot of young people who are concerned about the climate, and thus gravitate towards the left, because the left wins over people on climate issues, while the other ones gravitate towards the right, because their issues on media, immigration and that "immigrants are preferenced over "our own people"-rhetoric message just works.

If i even still had doubts, i'll vote for the left-wing parties in may 2019. This just disgusts me. I'm just not sure about PVDA (marxists) or Green (greens), and i hate all other parties currently (incl. social democrats, although they would probably? be my first choice if i couldn't vote for greens and pvda as i hate the other parties even more, but it doesn't matter eitherway. If i learned something from the French presidential elections and USA presidential elections is that i just should abstain if i don't have a candidate i prefer or like (and both Macron and Trump have proven that they're absolutely terrible, so it suggests that Clinton and Le Pen would have been terrible too, even though for some reason i believe Le Pen would have been better than Trump and Clinton would have been better than Macron, but if it was the other way, i might've said that Macron would have been better than Clinton and that Trump would have been better than Le Pen (if the results of those elections were reversed), just not sure. Fortunately, in Belgium i'll never have to vote for the lesser one of the two evils.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5529

Post by Cippenham » January 10th, 2019, 11:56 pm

If there is any luck I won’t vote as we won’t be in the EU in May. Vote UKIP if our leaving is delayed or stopped obviously. As for Mrs Clinton she would have had a major war, declared herself President for life and sent Republicans to re education camps or something. Trump is one off the truly great presidents, believe me. The portrait of Andrew Jackson, a great role model, tells Trump that often..

User avatar
Knaldskalle
Moderator
Posts: 9263
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: New Mexico, Trumpistan
Contact:

#5530

Post by Knaldskalle » January 11th, 2019, 3:50 am

Cippenham wrote:
January 10th, 2019, 11:56 pm
As for Mrs Clinton she would have had a major war, declared herself President for life and sent Republicans to re education camps or something.
I think "something" is the more likeliy hypothetical outcome.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5531

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 6:03 am

I think she would have been a disaster so a narrow escape

User avatar
Gershwin
Donator
Posts: 7130
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Leiden, NL
Contact:

#5532

Post by Gershwin » January 11th, 2019, 8:36 am

Cippenham wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 6:03 am
I think she would have been a disaster so a narrow escape
I think you change opinions quite often.
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5533

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 8:57 am

Why I always said Hillary would be terrible and I think Trump is a very good President but highly controversial and unusual.

User avatar
RBG
Posts: 5615
Joined: Feb 13, 2016
Location: desert usa
Contact:

#5534

Post by RBG » January 11th, 2019, 11:09 am

it's true he hates hillary, thinks she has parkinsons, is possibly involved in a voodoo cult and kidnaps and eats children

of course a senile drug addicted moron is preferable. i mean he is highly unusual but at least he has a penis :folded:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5535

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Schoolchildren play truant for the climate!

Climate change: “It’s only going to happen when they are dead!”

True heroes for me.

Today the only answer is extremism. Nothing changes if we stay calm and good citizens. It's time to be rebellious. We need to be rebellious. It's the only way to save our world!

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5536

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 4:02 pm

I am not a believer in the Qanon conspiracy, only found out about it recently. But it’s fascinating to look at videos and posts by believers in that. The thing with the internet is all kinds of crazy ideas are promoted and adopted by different groups. You also got to the stage now where reds and blues cannot easily have a conversation as they are so fundamentally different in their points of view, Trump really believes Democrats are crazy and vice versa.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5537

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 4:07 pm

The only answer is support the Yellow jackets in Europe. If they had a Frexit vote in France it may now win apparently. It’s not going to happen. But the elites are so out of touch. In Britain I now think article 50 will be extended or the elites won’t let us leave the Eu. I will not then vote again except to support anti Eu candidates in an EU election in May as I think we won’t leave in March. But yes only mass protests and not voting are worth it if they ignore Us.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5538

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 4:12 pm

A woman President would be ok. How about Ivanka, she is really Democratic isnt she?

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5539

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 4:19 pm

If we ever had a Bexit referendum, i would vote in favour of Belgium leaving the EU probably, and mostly because the EU is insanely repressive, elitist and oppressive, and their interests are not ours. They dislike action against climate change, are super neoliberal and globalist. Globalism hurts our interests.
Cippenham wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:12 pm
A woman President would be ok. How about Ivanka, she is really Democratic isnt she?
Marine Le Pen is a woman. In 2017, no one talked about how she could become the first female president of France.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5540

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Yes the EU could collapse without massive change in the present form. Even I would be wary of Marine but her ascent would be the fault of mainstream politicians not listening. I am anti racist and not against immigration, just want control. I really hate racism actually.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5541

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 4:46 pm

Don’t talk about climate, EU are climate alarmists too. But we are not going into all that again. Hashtag winter is coming ..

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5542

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Cippenham wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 4:46 pm
Don’t talk about climate, EU are climate alarmists too. But we are not going into all that again. Hashtag winter is coming ..
Wtf dude, they don't do anything against the climate. It's because of the EU that China and Central America has made so much more progress on climate change than we've done, partly because it hurts our "economic interests" and because Europe is full of liberal elitist economians. Liberalism is the most dangerous ideology for action against climate change.

The best thing is if we just agree to dismantle the EU peacefully because when the EU collapse it would leave a vacuum other ideologies might exploit and something worse would come in it's place i'm afraid of. We just need to peacefully dismantle it, and replace it with something better, like some kind of socialist states of Europe but less oppressive and more democratic. Currently the EU is neoliberal and authoritarian and that's why i'm opposed to it.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5543

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 6:42 pm

i don't get why we should even bother to work or study if the climate is changing and nothing is done against it. It shows that politicians are really imcapable, and they only take care of older people. I don't understand why people just stop working and strike for years in a row. I mean... why don't they do that. We have nothing to lose. And the elite will start to know that they need to change things. They'll first be oppresive of course, beat people, put them in a prison. Maybe we're all cowards and afraid for that. But they're so dependant on us. Without us, everything collapses: the economy. Everything we know collapses.

And i don't understand why our ancestors fought so hard for the french revolution and to abolish slavery, to fight for civil rights if they see what happens now... And we don't do absolutely anything. Or yes, our school children play truant for school, and even our own Belgian elite and media condemn them saying they should go to school. I support the children. Go children! It's our future. We need to fight for our future. And older people are dependant on us. Just strike for weeks, for months, and we will get what we want.

We are the ones that really have power if we really believe in it. We should never forget that. And minorities should join us. They are victims of the system too. In fact, we're the majority, the 99%. We consist of "the people".

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5544

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 7:16 pm

Well the greens can forget my vote. I know you need partners in politics, but apparently the greens and liberals are too closely allied already... I could've already seen that coming. The Green chairman asks the liberals and christian democrat in an interview to consider forming a coalition (not even the social democrats???). I really don't get politics. Those two parties are almost ALWAYS in the government. Why do we even vote??? You already know who's going to be in government. You know liberals will be in the government for the next 50 years no matter what. There is no way to get them even out... Even in Spain, The liberal party is allied with the right-wing Partido Popular and also with the far-right Vox. They're always in the majority. FUCKING ALWAYS.

The "fake media' suggests the liberals are progressive on climate issues... THEY ARE IN THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT. THEY ARE IN THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT FOR FUCKING SAKE. Belgium is not a leader on climate change on international climate platforms. We're followers (and even reluctantly). We're among the worst in Europe when it comes to climate change engagement. Year after year our CO² emissions rise... And the only solutions they have is to increase taxes for the common working class, but liberals can always use private planes to fly from one place to the other place in the world, and they always gain privileges, while our people are starving to death because liberals don't care about them, abolish social security and do not anything for the climate, except for issues that HURT COMMON WORKING CLASS PEOPLE. There are OTHER ways to deal with climate change, like making public transport for free instead of rising fuel taxes (which is perfectly doable to pay), and also... if rich people contribute more to the state.

I'm not going to vote for fake greens, but i'll attend a new pro-climate demonstration in two weeks! Social anxiety or not, i'll be there ffs.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5545

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Socialism no no, that does not work and could never work, it’s against the basic laws of economics. You see if there is competition like our supermarkets they all want to keep prices low and quality high or they lose business. In socialism you have poor quality and no motivation to improve or provide goods at all so you have empty shops. I mean East Germany had the trabant and West Germany the Mercedes. Which would you prefer. Also it’s a kind of slave state in socialism and no freedoms. Why on earth would anyone like such a failed system and society? Read any books by Thomas Sowell eg Basic Economics. He used to Marxist and is African American by the way.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5546

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 8:34 pm

:D Libertarianism doesn't work, because look to our state of our planet. Capitalism is slowly killing all life on this planet, and laissez-faire politics have caused the biggest economic crisises like dubya, reagan and coolidge have done. Trump is the best Republican president in 100 years. The Republicans might not know it, but he's the best republican president ever!

If we exclude Obama, he would be the best president since LBJ, but Obama > Trump ofc.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5547

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 9:10 pm

well maybe i overreacted, sorry.

That's why i'm never sure of anything... what i would vote would just depend on my mood, because i think differently about things in a matter of hours.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5548

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 10:10 pm

Don’t worry about Co 2, temperature drives Co 2 not the other way round. Mans co 2 is only 4 per cent of total . Termites produce ten times more than man and world sea temperatures control the level of Co 2. It is all explained here
http://www.weatheraction.com/resource/d ... I-2018.ppt

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5549

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 10:10 pm

unfortunately one more accident with a yellow vest and a new death... atmosphere is very groomy and dark according to the media in liege region in Belgium.

Image

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5550

Post by Lakigigar » January 11th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Cippenham wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 10:10 pm
Don’t worry about Co 2, temperature drives Co 2 not the other way round. Mans co 2 is only 4 per cent of total . Termites produce ten times more than man and world sea temperatures control the level of Co 2. It is all explained here
http://www.weatheraction.com/resource/d ... I-2018.ppt
LOL, since when are you a socialist? You're referring to an article of the brother of Jeremy Corbyn?
Piers Richard Corbyn (born 10 March 1947)[1] is an English weather forecaster who owns WeatherAction, which makes weather forecasts. He is the older brother of Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn.[2]

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5551

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Yes Piers is a socialist, I don’t agree with his political views but I agree with his views on the weather and climate. He is a very interesting person from that point of view. More or less says climate change movement is a political campaign but the science is not behind it. But yes he is solidly socialist.

Look I am not a conformist in any way and am very open minded. I have seen all of the they shoot movies don’t they top 1000 and that changes you. Also means I don’t suffer from depression or stress, partly because I do yoga and meditation and because I can detach myself and see things from different points of view and like finding out about different cultures and lifestyles. But still I remain conservative by nature and believe in the market economy, modified and controlled where it had to be. I believe socialism makes people boring drab fearful and poor, and it’s based on envy of people who are clever or successful. It’s wicked.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5552

Post by Cippenham » January 11th, 2019, 11:04 pm

Just relax and be yourself, let all your worries go.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5553

Post by Lakigigar » January 13th, 2019, 10:27 am

And now the yellow vests start appearing in UK while protesting against May.

Hopefully our yellow vest revolution can spread to USA, and Democrats could wear yellow vests!!!!

Image

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5554

Post by Lakigigar » January 13th, 2019, 10:34 am

Cippenham wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 11:03 pm
Yes Piers is a socialist, I don’t agree with his political views but I agree with his views on the weather and climate. He is a very interesting person from that point of view. More or less says climate change movement is a political campaign but the science is not behind it. But yes he is solidly socialist.

Look I am not a conformist in any way and am very open minded. I have seen all of the they shoot movies don’t they top 1000 and that changes you. Also means I don’t suffer from depression or stress, partly because I do yoga and meditation and because I can detach myself and see things from different points of view and like finding out about different cultures and lifestyles. But still I remain conservative by nature and believe in the market economy, modified and controlled where it had to be. I believe socialism makes people boring drab fearful and poor, and it’s based on envy of people who are clever or successful. It’s wicked.
I would never vote for Piers. I don't care about his political views, but i can never vote for someone with such views on weather and climate. It's just retarded. If you don't care about the climate, just say you don't care about it. I'll appreciate your honesty, but what he says is simply untrue and utter bullshit. Sorry. Science has been settled on that. He's not being taken seriously by anyone, and it surprises me that you use him as a "valuable source".

If i had to vote for Piers Corbyn or Theresa May, i would probably vote the latter one. And Theresa May would also get my vote instead of centrist Blairites,but Jeremy Corbyn is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, a hero and a icon for me.

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5555

Post by Cippenham » January 13th, 2019, 11:27 am

It’s correct science as he proves. In Britain who knows what will happen, maybe I will order a yellow vest

Cippenham
Donator
Posts: 11406
Joined: May 09, 2011
Location: Dorset England
Contact:

#5556

Post by Cippenham » January 13th, 2019, 11:49 am

If was in the US I would like a yellow vest to support Trump. I would say they would definitely be on the right and oppose the Democrats and support Trump. Don’t you see Dems now support the global liberal elite against poor working people, Trump has done a lot to create jobs and stop wars.

User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 12949
Joined: Dec 29, 2011
Contact:

#5557

Post by brokenface » January 13th, 2019, 12:24 pm

I've worn a yellow vest for years for cycling. Hope people don't start thinking I'm supporting these incoherent protests.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5558

Post by Lakigigar » January 13th, 2019, 12:27 pm

brokenface wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 12:24 pm
I've worn a yellow vest for years for cycling. Hope people don't start thinking I'm supporting these incoherent protests.
And let's not talk about the children's revolution, because it's mandatory for a child to wear a yellow vest as a safety measure...

User avatar
St. Gloede
Moderator
Posts: 9686
Joined: May 06, 2011
Contact:

#5559

Post by St. Gloede » January 13th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Cippenham wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 11:49 am
If was in the US I would like a yellow vest to support Trump. I would say they would definitely be on the right and oppose the Democrats and support Trump. Don’t you see Dems now support the global liberal elite against poor working people, Trump has done a lot to create jobs and stop wars.
Wouldn't that make the democrats the right wing? In that case, if what you say is true (of course it is, but it is even more true for the republicans), they would still be supporting the left.

User avatar
Lakigigar
Posts: 1086
Joined: Oct 31, 2015
Location: Belgium
Contact:

#5560

Post by Lakigigar » January 13th, 2019, 1:11 pm

St. Gloede wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 12:49 pm
Cippenham wrote:
January 13th, 2019, 11:49 am
If was in the US I would like a yellow vest to support Trump. I would say they would definitely be on the right and oppose the Democrats and support Trump. Don’t you see Dems now support the global liberal elite against poor working people, Trump has done a lot to create jobs and stop wars.
Wouldn't that make the democrats the right wing? In that case, if what you say is true (of course it is, but it is even more true for the republicans), they would still be supporting the left.
The yellow vest movement is a left-wing group, and embraced by several left-wing groups.

Post Reply