Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Technical Support

weirdboy
Donator

Re: Technical Support

Post by weirdboy » May 12th, 2019, 12:34 am

Nathan Treadway wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 12:22 am
mightysparks wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 12:13 am
Um, so Firefox won't let me connect to iCM anymore:

Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to www.icheckmovies.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

www.icheckmovies.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

Your computer clock is set to 12/05/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh www.icheckmovies.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.
Likewise with Chrome for me... I wonder if Marjin needs to pay the bill?
That's an option but not necessary nowadays with the likes of Let's Encrypt available.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 12th, 2019, 12:42 am

Yeah if it was a 5 year certificate it's easy to forget. I'm glad Let's Encrypt allows auto renew so I don't have to worry about the forum's certificate.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 12th, 2019, 1:39 am

A five-year certificate... I wonder if Marijn even has access to renew it? It dates back to when Piet et al were running iCM.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 12th, 2019, 1:49 am

Knaldskalle wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 1:39 am
A five-year certificate... I wonder if Marijn even has access to renew it? It dates back to when Piet et al were running iCM.
If he has access to the server to do other normal development stuff, updating the certificate should not be a problem.

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 12th, 2019, 1:55 am

Knaldskalle wrote:
May 12th, 2019, 1:39 am
Marijn was running it then too. In any case, as weirdboy says, as long as he has access to the server he can get the cert. That's the whole point, to certify the server matches the url.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 12th, 2019, 7:42 am

I'll contact Marijn at Whatsapp to be sure he sees it.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 12th, 2019, 8:05 am

Marijn is awake and working on it.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 12th, 2019, 10:11 am

Working again.
ICM-profile

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » May 19th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Tim2460 wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 11:09 am
Building an NAS from spare pieces i grabbed @Work...

Anyone here has an OpenMediaVault DIY NAS ?
Nope, but I'm in the market myself for an upgrade/replacement of my current NAS, so I'd love to know what you're doing and how it works out. I'm personally looking into more of a home server thingy (ideally it'd be a beast of a server with unlimited storage and a price tag of $200. I did say ideally).

My line of thinking has been something that can stream 3 1080p streams on the LAN and store ~20 TB of data, so something that's perhaps using ZFS (RAIDZ2) and FreeNAS?
Openmediavault NAS up and running.. With just one SSD and one HD for now. Quite easy to setup!

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 19th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 8:00 pm
Knaldskalle wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 10:38 pm
Tim2460 wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 11:09 am
Building an NAS from spare pieces i grabbed @Work...

Anyone here has an OpenMediaVault DIY NAS ?
Nope, but I'm in the market myself for an upgrade/replacement of my current NAS, so I'd love to know what you're doing and how it works out. I'm personally looking into more of a home server thingy (ideally it'd be a beast of a server with unlimited storage and a price tag of $200. I did say ideally).

My line of thinking has been something that can stream 3 1080p streams on the LAN and store ~20 TB of data, so something that's perhaps using ZFS (RAIDZ2) and FreeNAS?
Openmediavault NAS up and running.. With just one SSD and one HD for now. Quite easy to setup!
:thumbsup:

I've heard that SSD's are projected to drop in price within the next year to the level that they're on parity with HDD's in $/GB, which, if true, makes SSD's a no brainer. Then I'll just need to find a motherboard/case with enough SATA connection and bays to hold 'em all... Oh, and some money to buy it with.
ImageImageImageImage

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 20th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Csv-files often annoy the hell out of me, although I know they are some very useful files.

On my previous laptop csv-files would open in Excel automatically with the items in columns, so I didn't have to manually change text to columns. On my new laptop I have to do the latter. However, I run into a few problems.

When I open my checked movies csv from iCM, it looks like this:

Looks quite normal, right? Every line from the csv is in cell A of a row. Wrong! In a few cases a part of the line is in cell B. For example that happens with this movie. The AKA is "Love Affair, or The Case of the Missing Switchboard Operator". That title contains a comma. In the csv that title is between "-signs, so the comma should be ignored. However, that comma is the one which Excel automatically uses to split the line and all the other comma's are ignored.

So next I'm splitting manually with the text to columns button. To do this, I have to select column A. When I complete the wizard, it tells me there is already data in those cells (as I told above), but I accept it anyway. But then I run into another problem with titles with a comma as you can see here:
The title of Wax... is not between "-signs in the iCM-export, so Excel sees that as a cell-break.

How can I correctly display an iCM-export in Excel? Preferably automatically every time I open a csv in Excel.
ICM-profile

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 20th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Go to settings (on ICM) -> Export -> and set Delimiter to semi-colon. Then import the .csv file into Excel with semi-colon as the delimiter. Problem should now be solved (unless you have titles with semi-colons in them).
ImageImageImageImage

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 20th, 2019, 7:35 pm

It works fine for me. Which version of excel are you using?

If you can't get it to open directly then you should run the wizard on the file, not on your sheet. Start with an empty sheet, and choose the csv file. Once Excel has imported it the way it looks in the first image it's already corrupted and useless.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 20th, 2019, 7:37 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 7:35 pm
Which version of excel are you using?
MS Office 365 ProPlus
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 20th, 2019, 7:40 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 7:35 pm
If you can't get it to open directly then you should run the wizard on the file, not on your sheet. Start with an empty sheet, and choose the csv file.
Just tried this and it works:
Data -> Get & Transform Data -> From Text/CSV
Now Wax... is recognized correctly.
ICM-profile

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 20th, 2019, 7:42 pm

That's what I'm using too. I remember what you're talking about being an issue before, but Office 365 is opening them correctly for me now. I tried looking for a setting I might have changed but can't find one.

At least the other way to do it still works.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 20th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Knaldskalle wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 7:33 pm
Go to settings (on ICM) -> Export -> and set Delimiter to semi-colon. Then import the .csv file into Excel with semi-colon as the delimiter. Problem should now be solved (unless you have titles with semi-colons in them).
When I do this, it automatically opens in Excel in columns. :)
I think there are titles with a semicolon in it among my checks, but I don't see a problem anywhere.
ICM-profile

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » May 21st, 2019, 5:26 am

That behaviour also depends on the language of your windows and the way excel reacting...
Csv is more an US thing and it's rarely a problem usind comma Csv on English locale Windows...
European sometimes have to use semicolons csvs...
Excel can export to both formats and usually works better opening the file from within the program.
Sometimed it's better to rename the file as .Txt too before opening them under excel ;)

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 31st, 2019, 1:37 am

Evernote keeps losing content from my notes. It's been happening more and more often recently and I have gotten to the point where I have decided I cannot tolerate it anymore.

I would very much like to switch to some other note-taking application but I need to be able to port over an awful lot of notes from Evernote. Anyone have suggestions or recommendations?

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » May 31st, 2019, 1:46 am

Google keep!

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 31st, 2019, 6:00 pm

Google Keep is mostly just some post-its, right? Very basic. Good for shopping lists and short to-do-list etc...

If you want more possibilities, you might want to try OneNote in Office. Not free though. I use it at work and it's fine. Not even using 10% of its capacities though.
ICM-profile

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 31st, 2019, 8:56 pm

I use OneNote at work also, but I am hesitant to also use it for personal stuff in addition to that because MS stuff has already screwed up my account several times which has resulted in spotty reliability and a tendency for my office applications to use the wrong credentials. I also recently lost a very long and important note from a business meeting in OneNote, where multiple participants were on the web meeting watching me write the stuff down in there. A week later, all the notes from that meeting had vanished when I went to refer back to it. The note was still there, but the content I added during the meeting was nowhere to be found.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 31st, 2019, 10:49 pm

https://alternativeto.net/category/prod ... te-taking/

Just a list of options, no recommendations from me.
ImageImageImageImage

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 2nd, 2019, 7:54 pm

Excel help needed, because of IMDb using the 8th digit now in the tt-number:

I have a spreadsheet that I use for cross-referencing lists. In the first column I put the urls of a lot of movies, but sometimes they include "reference" or something else, so I had this in the second row next to each url:
=LEFT(A2;36)
Then I could use this to match it with urls in an iCM-export. But if a movie has a tt-number of 8 numbers, the formula should say 37 instead of 36. How can I solve this?
Maybe better to first extract the complete tt-code? How can I do this with different lengths?

Max probably already knows the answer......
ICM-profile

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » June 2nd, 2019, 8:33 pm

joachimt wrote:
June 2nd, 2019, 7:54 pm
Excel help needed, because of IMDb using the 8th digit now in the tt-number:

I have a spreadsheet that I use for cross-referencing lists. In the first column I put the urls of a lot of movies, but sometimes they include "reference" or something else, so I had this in the second row next to each url:
=LEFT(A2;36)
Then I could use this to match it with urls in an iCM-export. But if a movie has a tt-number of 8 numbers, the formula should say 37 instead of 36. How can I solve this?
Maybe better to first extract the complete tt-code? How can I do this with different lengths?

Max probably already knows the answer......
It's a bit clunky, but does this work?:

=IF(ISNUMBER(VALUE(MID(A2,37,1))),LEFT(A2,37),LEFT(A2,36))

I might be way off if the semicolon in your formula isn't a typo - worth a try, though...

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 2nd, 2019, 10:20 pm

Mine's a tad more complicated, but more robust - it should work with http or https links, and should even work if people post the www... urls:

=IF(MID(MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,10),10,1)="/",MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,9),MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,10))

D38 is the cell with the IMDB link.

Basically, it searches for the start of the tt-code, and looks at the next ten digits (including "tt"). If that 10th one is "/", it only extracts nine.

EDIT: I updated the Excel year-by-year template here: viewtopic.php?p=541630#p541630

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » June 2nd, 2019, 11:29 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 2nd, 2019, 10:20 pm
Mine's a tad more complicated, but more robust - it should work with http or https links, and should even work if people post the www... urls:

=IF(MID(MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,10),10,1)="/",MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,9),MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,10))

D38 is the cell with the IMDB link.

Basically, it searches for the start of the tt-code, and looks at the next ten digits (including "tt"). If that 10th one is "/", it only extracts nine.

EDIT: I updated the Excel year-by-year template here: viewtopic.php?p=541630#p541630
Ah, good point, definitely more robust. :cheers: It looks like JT might want the url, not just the tt-number - if so, I think the following tweak to your formula would retrieve it:

=IF(MID(MID(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+1,10),10,1)="/",LEFT(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+9),LEFT(D38,FIND("/tt",D38)+10))

Either way, I think we have it - teamwork! :party:

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » June 3rd, 2019, 12:25 am

The tt number can easily be reconstructed into an url, and it's probably best to construct it explicitly in a consistent manner than to take whatever the original formatting was which may or may not be consiatent.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 3rd, 2019, 8:58 am

Thanks, Max. That worked.

@Leopardi: My version of Excel wants semicolons between the parts of the formula.
ICM-profile

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » June 3rd, 2019, 10:53 am

joachimt wrote:
June 3rd, 2019, 8:58 am
Thanks, Max. That worked.

@Leopardi: My version of Excel wants semicolons between the parts of the formula.
Ah, gotcha. Glad you have something that works now, at any rate!

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » June 3rd, 2019, 7:49 pm

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
June 3rd, 2019, 12:25 am
The tt number can easily be reconstructed into an url, and it's probably best to construct it explicitly in a consistent manner than to take whatever the original formatting was which may or may not be consiatent.
That's one wonderfully ironically placed typo! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 14th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Advices needed to expand my Wifi to have a wider reach.

In the back of my garden the connection to my Wifi is so bad, that it's either very very slow of devices lose connection totally. No, it's not a bad Wifi, my garden is just too big. I have a garden shed with electricity, so I want another Wifi hotspot there. I've got a wireless connection set that sends the connection from my router through the electricity network to the garden. But it hasn't got Wifi output, so I tried connecting an old router to it. That worked, but the problem was that it created a different Wifi. So devices have to specifically connect to it (have to do that manually) and since my NAS is connected to the first network, some apps (and a smart speaker) won't work.

So I had read several things and I tried changing the router into an accesspoint. As far as I understood that way the router would be another sender of the same Wifi network. After a few hours I gave up, because I kept running into problems and I never got it working.

So I was just browsing for a connection set that outputs Wifi itself. It's hard to figure out which set does what I want. In lots of cases I read reviews of people telling about the same problem of multiple networks as I had with the router. Some say you can clone the network. Webshops give too little information. They just rave about that you can get internet in your whole house without having to use extra wires. Yeah right, I figured. I need more info than that.

My wife had the idea to use a set of multiple receivers/hotspots. That way we wouldn't use the Wifi of the original router anymore, but only use the connection set as hotspots. Sounds to me like too much hassle.

Any advice? Do you guys have something like this working at home?
ICM-profile

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 14th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Haven't done this before, but here's where I'd start: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-extend-yo ... -915783308

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 14th, 2019, 5:37 pm

I've read that page as well. This one seems better, more detailed:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/ne ... r-3633135/

This tutorial seems pretty straightforward:

I found these after my attempts today and I think I did some things in the wrong order. I'll try again later this weekend.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 17th, 2019, 11:57 am

Seemed easy, but I keep running into problems. I need to change the IP of the router so it's in the range of IP addresses of the primary router. But every time I try to do that it says "IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet". No idea what that means.
ICM-profile

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 17th, 2019, 7:36 pm

In case anyone is interested:
I managed to get it working (with help of my wife...). It seemed I did everything right except for the order I did things in. Disabling DHCP is the last thing I needed to do instead of the first thing. Apart from that, everything in that youtubeclip worked.

So now when I walk out of my house I see the Wifi-indicator of my phone going down a little bit and when I get near the garden shed it goes up again. :)
ICM-profile

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 17th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Yay! Glad it's working.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » June 24th, 2019, 5:30 pm

From Windows 7:

I don't get it. This file appears in the folder I want to delete it from, but apparently it's not really there? :mw_confused:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 24th, 2019, 5:51 pm

I get that sometimes as well with files on my NAS. Problem normally solves itself. When I try later, it works.
ICM-profile

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » June 24th, 2019, 6:21 pm

joachimt wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 5:51 pm
I get that sometimes as well with files on my NAS. Problem normally solves itself. When I try later, it works.
I've had that file for a long time, but I didn't bother to post about it until now. :/
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*