Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

In Memoriam: Rok Petek

xianjiro
Donator

In Memoriam: Rok Petek

Post by xianjiro » September 11th, 2016, 9:18 pm

For all the love shown, he sounds like someone I'm poorer for not having known.

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

tommy_leazaq
Donator

Post by tommy_leazaq » September 11th, 2016, 10:48 pm

It's hard to believe its been three years. That day was still fresh in my memory. He'll not be forgotten.

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » September 12th, 2016, 5:05 am

Yes, a moment of sad remembrance for our deceased Slovenian friend. I'm still haunted by the wish that there could have been something we might have done, but I suspect our power from such a distance was minimal.

Rest in peace, Rok.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » December 15th, 2016, 11:31 pm

Sometimes I wish we had something on the forum in memory of Rok (not just this thread). Something small and dignified but I can't think of anything.

Back when in 2013, I thought of having the 500<400 list dedicated to Rok but some people didn't like the idea (and I understand why).

Hard to say if there's anything appropriate. Just started thinking about Rok today as I was looking at the member's list. Still makes me sad thinking of him :(

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » December 15th, 2016, 11:54 pm

I was thinking of making his top 250 official, but the forum members are just a part of that website, so that probably won't happen.

Still think about him sometimes too :(
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies | Letterboxd

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » December 16th, 2016, 5:03 am

When my depression was really bad over the last few months and I thought about suicide a few times, I'd always think of Rok. And I remembered the calmness and straightforward posts he made. And I'd use it as a gage of how I was feeling. I told my friend that if I ever stop joking about killing my self or seem 'too' rational to be worried. That was part of the reason I went on meds because I could feel the rationality starting to take over. he's the only person I've known to commit suicide so it's my only real experience with it, but I was sort of glad for it during those times because it was one of the things that helped keep me sane. [I hope nobody takes offense by that, it's just the only experience I had to keep me grounded during those moments]
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » September 22nd, 2018, 9:39 pm

Slightly late but it was 5 years last week. RIP Rokp

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » September 22nd, 2018, 11:18 pm

Thanks for posting brokenface. Hard to believe it's been five years.

Still think about Rok sometimes. I'm glad that posting his 500<400/favourite movies lists will always remind us of him.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 23rd, 2018, 3:08 am

I invited Rok to KG and CG and whenever I see the red mark next to his name it makes me feel sad. RIP Rok
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 11th, 2019, 4:50 am

Six years have passed since our good friend left us. My thoughts are with his parents today. :hug:
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"