Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Dreams

Lammetje
Donator

Dreams

Post by Lammetje » March 18th, 2018, 2:31 pm

iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 3rd, 2018, 2:05 am

Well I know they’re not... family friendly, but I found them interesting because when I had them I had not yet realized it was rape, but it’s pretty clear that my ‘subconscious’ recognized something was wrong. First one is about seeing something that happened to me from different perspectives and realizing it wasn’t what I had remembered, second involves me being unable to move or speak while he is able to do whatever he wants and the third is someone pretending to be good, or a friend so they can do something awful.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 4th, 2018, 6:29 pm

In a surefire sign I've gone off the deep end, I had a dream about the Official Challenges on this forum.

Our official challenges had reached such an exalted status that we were competing, in person, in a complex series of challenges that would stretch our physical and mental limits. It started off with a couple physical challenges. I wasn't doing particularly well, but was trying to keep up as best I could. Then came the third challenge, and it was a doozy: we had to go on a "date" with a celebrity and be not weird and creepy.

Obviously, due to the exalted status of our Official Challenges, this competition was being sponsored by a movie studio. And the celebrity we each were paired with was solely responsible for determining our score in this challenge. I was pretty confident, but then my random celebrity pairing was revealed: Hillary Clinton.

So Hillary and I walked around the movie back lot and just chatted about life. Pretty much everything except politics. And it was remarkably fun. My impression of her was that she was remarkably down to earth and cool.

Of course, then my dog flapped and needed to be let out, so that's where the dream ended. I'm guessing this means that the Official Challenges are likely to become an Olympic event, probably at the 2024 Olympics. Or maybe I just need to stop running challenge stats right before bed.

Gershwin
Donator

Post by Gershwin » July 4th, 2018, 9:15 pm

HVM on Dec 24 2016, 05:27:49 AM wrote:Apparently, Mario is a posh drugs courier for the mafia, looks like Gershwin and dresses like the Ankara gunman. Who knew?! :blink:

Oh, and the neighbours are after the potato salad I've already prepared for the Christmas dinner. Image
Too bad I never noticed this post any earlier! :lol:
RokP 250

Profiles: Untappd - Last.fm - iCM

Mario Gaborović

Post by Mario Gaborović » July 4th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Gershwin on Jul 4 2018, 03:15:47 PM wrote:
HVM on Dec 24 2016, 05:27:49 AM wrote:Apparently, Mario is a posh drugs courier for the mafia, looks like Gershwin and dresses like the Ankara gunman. Who knew?! :blink:

Oh, and the neighbours are after the potato salad I've already prepared for the Christmas dinner. Image
Too bad I never noticed this post any earlier! :lol:
In reality we don't look the same but we both definitely couldn't care less about shaving. Ryan Giggs sort of nonchalance, you know.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 10th, 2018, 1:37 am

Last night I dreamt that Grimes was a friend of someone who lived on my uni campus and somehow we ended up hanging out. I went back to where she was staying and it was this weird one room apartment thing behind this accessory store (bags, purses, jewelry), and the room was a giant mess of boxes and bags of accessories and it reminded me of work. She needed to get dressed and just started taking off her clothes, looking for other clothes topless, and I was thinking that I had to tell Arthur about this (lol). Then we ended up getting chased by these people with special powers because they thought she was involved with something but she had powers too. But that's all kind of hazy. Oh and another part of the dream was that I was talking to one of my lecturers and she said that in one of her semester's a student called Billy had been in love with her and had sent her letters.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

kathulu

Post by kathulu » September 10th, 2018, 1:54 pm

I dreamt that I was living next door to Nathan Fillian and he was such a gentleman, and we fell in love over time. It was the most wholesome and nice dream I've had in a long time. Now, how to move next door to Nathan Fillian... LOL

Cinematic history journey: https://twitter.com/Katlovesmovies1

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 16th, 2018, 3:20 am

For anyone curious about the dream studies thing I got involved with last year; I got an email today with a few more questions, and to say that a few things have happened to slow them down but now they are back to sorting through all the "rich material" of my dreams :sweat:

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » November 16th, 2018, 5:47 pm

mightysparks wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 3:20 am
For anyone curious about the dream studies thing I got involved with last year; I got an email today with a few more questions, and to say that a few things have happened to slow them down but now they are back to sorting through all the "rich material" of my dreams :sweat:
Nice! Keep us updated. :)

By the way, I noticed that you're one of the few users who remove the extra space that appears when you insert an emoticon. I appreciate that. :P

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » November 17th, 2018, 7:21 pm

mightysparks wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 1:37 am
Last night I dreamt that Grimes was a friend of someone who lived on my uni campus and somehow we ended up hanging out. I went back to where she was staying and it was this weird one room apartment thing behind this accessory store (bags, purses, jewelry), and the room was a giant mess of boxes and bags of accessories and it reminded me of work. She needed to get dressed and just started taking off her clothes, looking for other clothes topless, and I was thinking that I had to tell Arthur about this (lol). Then we ended up getting chased by these people with special powers because they thought she was involved with something but she had powers too. But that's all kind of hazy. Oh and another part of the dream was that I was talking to one of my lecturers and she said that in one of her semester's a student called Billy had been in love with her and had sent her letters.
Grimes, the singer... She's my favourite music artist.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » November 17th, 2018, 11:16 pm

Lammetje wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 5:47 pm
mightysparks wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 3:20 am
Nice! Keep us updated. :)

By the way, I noticed that you're one of the few users who remove the extra space that appears when you insert an emoticon. I appreciate that. :P
Haha I didn’t think anyone would notice that but the double space irritates me in the preview.

They messaged me a bit yesterday, asking a couple more questions and making sure I was comfortable with them discussing certain things. They shared a couple of draft paragraphs that they’d written about sexuality in my dreams as well as part of the intro explaining the study. I was also excited to go through the pseudonyms and work out who everyone was (such bizarre name choices!). I don’t want to give away too much info until they are done in case it messes with their study but it’s really exciting to have my dreams used for something useful and cool.

Also the guy complimented me on my ability to organize data usefully and I felt so proud of myself lol.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 21st, 2019, 12:42 am

I still don’t remember my dreams much and I’ve remembered two lately that have been really scary and had some kind of monster chasing me. I had one the other week about zombies and I woke up twice and fell back asleep and continued the dream. They were fast zombies that screamed, Tyrion turned up at some point and got taken by them. And Dustin from Stranger Things was around as well. It was a long dream but it was pretty much just hiding out somewhere in silence and then being disturbed by screaming zombies and having to run or jump out of Windows.

Last night I dreamt about dragons descending on this city I was in and just burning everything down and swarming into buildings to make sure everything was burnt down. I had one following me and I could never catch a break. Eventually one picked up a car I was in with others and brought me to this mass execution site with rows of people. Davos Seaworth was there working for the dragons but helped us escape into the forest with some cheese.