Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

Re: Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

#921

Post by mightysparks » May 8th, 2019, 12:37 am

Down to a new lowest weight of 67kg :) I hit 67.4 last week and then shot up to 68.2 and have been hovering around there until finally I had my whoosh this morning. It also means I hit my 8th Happy Scale goal (out of 10) so I’m getting close!

My boyfriend has also been trying to lose weight for about a month and is down 5kg. He was really trying hard this last week and was down 1.7kg. *proud mum*
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6773
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#922

Post by 3eyes » May 8th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Have gained about 6 KG since the beginning of the year - up to 88 KG from a nadir of 82. (Combination of winter and stress, I guess.) So have decided it's time to get serious about losing again. (5 years ago I regained 10K of 20 lost - let's not go there again.)
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

User avatar
nimimerkillinen
Posts: 2122
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Contact:

#923

Post by nimimerkillinen » May 9th, 2019, 4:17 am

below 75, yay

Image

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2849
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#924

Post by metaller » May 11th, 2019, 11:48 am

monty wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 4:40 pm
Bad thing about dieting is having to get rid of excess skin afterwards - I think I'll go for another ice cream instead....
I have some loose skin, especially on the belly. But I consider them like battle scars and it's better than having that skin filled with fat.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#925

Post by mightysparks » May 11th, 2019, 2:55 pm

Started week 2 of C25k today, still running outside. It’s so cold in the mornings that even after 30 mins I still can’t feel my hands. I’m doing a 4K next Sunday and I’m hopeful I’ll make it under 40 mins. On average it’s taking me nearly 8.5 mins to do 1km but at the moment it’s 1.5 min run, 2 min walk so still slow. I usually get one 7 min kilometer in there but don’t care about speed too much at the moment.

Next week I have an appointment with neurogenetics to get tested for a nerve disease that runs in my family, I won’t find out the results for probably a couple of months but I have a 50/50 chance. It basically kills off your nerves and muscles from your toes and works it’s way up your body. It’s had a 100% hit rate in my family so far so I don’t have high hopes. It can hit at any age but mostly it’s seemed to happen from mid 30s, so if I have it I probably only have about 5-10 years of good legs left. I want to try and enjoy at least a short time of being healthy and being able to run and do cool stuff. Most of my family is obese and need mobility scooters to get around. My dad still walks but has to have a clip thing from his sock to his shoe otherwise he falls over a lot, and has trouble walking. He can’t take stairs etc. My aunt is the only non-obese person with the disease and she has the easiest time dealing with it (she’s also the youngest), so I’m hoping that by staying healthy I can make it easier if I do have it.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
3eyes
Donator
Posts: 6773
Joined: May 17, 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

#926

Post by 3eyes » May 11th, 2019, 3:18 pm

I got myself one of those newfangled fitness-tracker thingies. Chose one that said it was senior-friendly. It is definitely paraplegic-friendly since it mainly measures arm movements. Easy to game the system by sitting in a chair and waving arms. I cranked up my old low-tech pedometer, replaced battery, and went around the block with both of them. The pedometer hardly registered anything. So I guess I gotta do a lot of arm swinging from now on. Thass OK, it's definitely aerobic exercise.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#927

Post by mightysparks » May 15th, 2019, 11:15 pm

I weighed in at 66.6kg this morning and have officially lost just over 30kg!

I found a better adaptive TDEE spreadsheet yesterday which is giving more accurate numbers so I feel a bit more motivated when I have the math to support me now. I also woke up with a cold this morning which sucks coz I’m doing my first 4km on Sunday now with a cold and my period, and it’s probably going to be extremely difficult. I ran 4K yesterday in 32 mins (total 10-12 mins of actual running) so I was pretty happy with that as a noob. Though I’m pretty sure my Fitbit is giving me wrong heart rate readings coz my heart was pumping like mad and my max reading was 120 :/ my cardio fitness is nearly in the very good range and I don’t feel I’m that fit yet!

And boyfriend is down just over 7kg now. I made up a spreadsheet for him and measured him up last night. He was like ‘you’re just excited about having numbers for your spreadsheet aren’t you’ tehe
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
jvv
Donator
Posts: 8209
Joined: May 28, 2011
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#928

Post by jvv » May 16th, 2019, 8:49 am

mightysparks wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 11:15 pm
And boyfriend is down just over 7kg now. I made up a spreadsheet for him and measured him up last night. He was like ‘you’re just excited about having numbers for your spreadsheet aren’t you’ tehe
He knows you well. :lol:

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#929

Post by Lammetje » May 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm

mightysparks wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 11:15 pm
I weighed in at 66.6kg this morning and have officially lost just over 30kg!

I found a better adaptive TDEE spreadsheet yesterday which is giving more accurate numbers so I feel a bit more motivated when I have the math to support me now. I also woke up with a cold this morning which sucks coz I’m doing my first 4km on Sunday now with a cold and my period, and it’s probably going to be extremely difficult. I ran 4K yesterday in 32 mins (total 10-12 mins of actual running) so I was pretty happy with that as a noob. Though I’m pretty sure my Fitbit is giving me wrong heart rate readings coz my heart was pumping like mad and my max reading was 120 :/ my cardio fitness is nearly in the very good range and I don’t feel I’m that fit yet!

And boyfriend is down just over 7kg now. I made up a spreadsheet for him and measured him up last night. He was like ‘you’re just excited about having numbers for your spreadsheet aren’t you’ tehe
Congrats on your devilish weight, Mighty! But be honest: did you mean to write a :/ or a Image?
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#930

Post by mightysparks » May 16th, 2019, 10:49 pm

The latter but it always defaults to the ugly blue guy :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 22934
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#931

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » May 17th, 2019, 12:10 am

Lammetje wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm
mightysparks wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 11:15 pm
I weighed in at 66.6kg this morning and have officially lost just over 30kg!

I found a better adaptive TDEE spreadsheet yesterday which is giving more accurate numbers so I feel a bit more motivated when I have the math to support me now. I also woke up with a cold this morning which sucks coz I’m doing my first 4km on Sunday now with a cold and my period, and it’s probably going to be extremely difficult. I ran 4K yesterday in 32 mins (total 10-12 mins of actual running) so I was pretty happy with that as a noob. Though I’m pretty sure my Fitbit is giving me wrong heart rate readings coz my heart was pumping like mad and my max reading was 120 :/ my cardio fitness is nearly in the very good range and I don’t feel I’m that fit yet!

And boyfriend is down just over 7kg now. I made up a spreadsheet for him and measured him up last night. He was like ‘you’re just excited about having numbers for your spreadsheet aren’t you’ tehe
Congrats on your devilish weight, Mighty! But be honest: did you mean to write a :/ or a Image?
These are the same?

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#932

Post by mightysparks » May 17th, 2019, 12:32 am

In your quote they look the same but for me the first :/ is a blue dude. Maybe it’s different for different themes?

Wait now the blue guy is gone.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 2811
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#933

Post by Onderhond » May 17th, 2019, 5:00 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:10 am
These are the same?
They are on my desktop, they weren't on my phone :D
One was blueish, the other regular yellow.

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2849
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#934

Post by metaller » May 17th, 2019, 7:08 am

Gained two kilos during the Malta vacation. Too much good fuch and too many beers. :lol:

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10493
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#935

Post by funkybusiness » May 17th, 2019, 7:32 am

how much fuching does it take to gain weight?

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2849
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#936

Post by metaller » May 17th, 2019, 8:54 am

Depends? Fat: Drink beers and sodas, eat all the food.
Muscle: A shitload of effort over a long time.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10493
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#937

Post by funkybusiness » May 17th, 2019, 9:16 am

wait hold on time out I thought fuch was a typo for food and I was making a bad joke about fuch looking/sounding like fuck, but what do you mean by fuch is this some Malta cool kids thing I missed out on

User avatar
metaller
Donator
Posts: 2849
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
Contact:

#938

Post by metaller » May 17th, 2019, 11:56 am

How tf did food become fuch? No fuchs were given while typing obviously.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#939

Post by mightysparks » May 19th, 2019, 3:02 am

I made it!

Image

I entered the 45-55 minute finish time group but under-estimated myself.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#940

Post by mightysparks » May 20th, 2019, 4:41 am

Skipped a few monthly weigh-ins while I was plateauing, but today is my 13 month weigh-in. My chest/waist/hips are all under 100cm now for the first time which is super awesome. I'm hoping to join a gym in a month or two and get a trainer for a while to help me with my form until I feel comfortable to work out on my own and tone up a bit. I still have this little tummy pouch which sucks and I'm hoping that'll get rid of it.

21/4/18 -> 20/5/19
Weight: 96.7 -> 65.9 (-30.8)
Chest: 119 -> 99 (-20)
Waist: 103 -> 75 (-28)
Hips: 122 -> 98 (-24)
Thighs: 68 -> 55.5, 67 -> 55 (-12.5, -12)
Calves: 38 -> 34 (-4 each)

BMI: 33.46 (obese) -> 22.8 (normal)
Body fat % estimate: 39% (obese) to 27% (acceptable).

Milestones to go:
74.7kg: Happy Scale Goal #6 (13/11/18)
73.5kg: Lowest adult weight, 2013/2014 (26/11/18)
72.2kg: Normal BMI (30/11/18)
71kg: Happy Scale Goal #7 (22/12/18)
67.3: Happy Scale Goal #8 (8/5/19)
63.7kg: Happy Scale Goal #9
60kg: Goal weight!

Nearly 400 days of weigh-ins:
Image

I also bought this really cool Portal shirt about 5 years ago and have never been small enough to fit into it until now. I tried it on again today and compared it with this pic from last August and where has my butt gone lol:
Image

And from front, though sucking gut in in first photo:
Image

It's nice shrinking but now it's getting cold and all my favourite warm fluffy pants are MASSIVE and so I'm going to have to go buy new ones soon :(
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#941

Post by Lammetje » May 20th, 2019, 8:55 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:10 am
Lammetje wrote:
May 16th, 2019, 5:58 pm
mightysparks wrote:
May 15th, 2019, 11:15 pm
I weighed in at 66.6kg this morning and have officially lost just over 30kg!

I found a better adaptive TDEE spreadsheet yesterday which is giving more accurate numbers so I feel a bit more motivated when I have the math to support me now. I also woke up with a cold this morning which sucks coz I’m doing my first 4km on Sunday now with a cold and my period, and it’s probably going to be extremely difficult. I ran 4K yesterday in 32 mins (total 10-12 mins of actual running) so I was pretty happy with that as a noob. Though I’m pretty sure my Fitbit is giving me wrong heart rate readings coz my heart was pumping like mad and my max reading was 120 :/ my cardio fitness is nearly in the very good range and I don’t feel I’m that fit yet!

And boyfriend is down just over 7kg now. I made up a spreadsheet for him and measured him up last night. He was like ‘you’re just excited about having numbers for your spreadsheet aren’t you’ tehe
Congrats on your devilish weight, Mighty! But be honest: did you mean to write a :/ or a Image?
These are the same?
mightysparks wrote:
May 17th, 2019, 12:32 am
In your quote they look the same but for me the first :/ is a blue dude. Maybe it’s different for different themes?

Wait now the blue guy is gone.
Finally! :yas: Thanks Peacy!
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#942

Post by mightysparks » June 19th, 2019, 1:57 pm

Struggling to lose these last 5-6kg. Got down to 65.3 the other day and back up to 65.9 this morning :( taking its sweet ass time. I should still be eating in a deficit but the weight doesn’t budge. Sadness. Boyfriend is down nearly 10kg which is cool. We measured him and he’s lost a few cms all around though it’s hard to see yet. He’s doing well though.

I went into the work office the other day for the first time in 5 months or so. I’m wearing better fitting clothes now and I’d just had my hair coloured, and my boss was like ‘wow you look amazingly different’. He seemed speechless and confused lol. When the weight ain’t budging it’s nice to get confirmation that I’ve changed a lot.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Eva_L
Posts: 708
Joined: Jan 04, 2013
Contact:

#943

Post by Eva_L » June 20th, 2019, 7:41 am

I feel ya. I weigh 61kg now, and the highest I've ever been is 64, but I can't seem to get below the 60s again. I've never been overweight or anything, but I've had this belly fat for over a year now and it's really annoying me. I'm eating healthier than I was when I weighed 58kg, I'm exercising more, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Guess that's what getting older does to you.

By the way, is there anyone on Fitbit who wants to be friends to do challenges? I feel like that would motivate me more to get to my 10,000 steps, especially with summer coming up. I won't be getting as many 'automatic' steps in because I'm not working.

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#944

Post by mightysparks » June 20th, 2019, 7:53 am

Strength training/lifting should help get rid of the belly fat. I still have a lot of body fat but plan to start going to the gym at some point to build more muscle instead. I have a hard time hitting my protein macros being a vegetarian though coz I don’t like a lot of the foods. I have a little tummy pouch and some jiggly loose skin on my thighs I want to get rid of though so I’m gonna have to suck it up.

I’m on Fitbit as mightysparks and I do my 10k steps everyday soo I might be a useful challenger.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Eva_L
Posts: 708
Joined: Jan 04, 2013
Contact:

#945

Post by Eva_L » June 20th, 2019, 8:51 am

The app can't seem to find you through your username... This is my profile link: https://www.fitbit.com/user/673PM2. Maybe you can add me through the link?

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#946

Post by mightysparks » June 24th, 2019, 11:02 am

Eva walks too much :angry: :P

I'm getting back on the exercise wagon starting today. My brother gave me his old push-up bar which I figured out to use last night (the door frames I was trying to put it on didn't have the right type of frame for it to sit on so I was super confused). It's getting quite cold and windy (especially on the coast) so I'm taking a longer break from running because I'm really put off going outside right now. Anyway, I've tried doing Strong Curves a couple times over the last 8 months but never really stuck past week 4. I knew my form wasn't great and I wasn't really feeling or seeing any progress. So I've been doing some heavy research on every move, what muscles they work, how to breathe, posture etc, and am giving Reddit's bodyweightfitness recommended routine a shot, with a couple of extra moves from Strong Curves that I liked. I am also trying to do the splits training from the flexibility sub. I have always been decently flexible, but noticed a few months ago my hams were getting pretty tight. And wow do I suck at the splits training. My legs were done from the RR and just kept shaking while I was trying to do horse stance (and I was barely squatting). It ended up being a 90 minute session which I'm not sure is entirely sustainable but I'm gonna try. Mainly wanna learn splits so I can do a cool trick. I have also been thinking of joining a yoga class at some point and am trying to find a nice self-defence martial arts. I've been leaning towards BJJ (except I'm not sure I'm super comfortable with that kind of close contact) or Taekwondo.

I also hit 65kg yesterday, but man is it coming off slooow.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Eva_L
Posts: 708
Joined: Jan 04, 2013
Contact:

#947

Post by Eva_L » June 24th, 2019, 11:39 am

mightysparks wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 11:02 am
Eva walks too much :angry: :P
:lol: I'm just competitive. I don't usually walk that much, I actually walked to work that day just to win the daily showdown + I went to the gym.

User avatar
Lammetje
Donator
Posts: 3578
Joined: Oct 04, 2013
Location: Poland
Contact:

#948

Post by Lammetje » June 24th, 2019, 6:19 pm

mightysparks wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 11:02 am
Eva walks too much :angry: :P
You didn't remove the redundant spaces around the second emoticon. I am disappointed. :(
mightysparks wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 11:02 am
[...] and am trying to find a nice self-defence martial arts.
Aikido! :circle:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

Image
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#949

Post by mightysparks » June 30th, 2019, 12:56 am

Lammetje wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 6:19 pm
mightysparks wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 11:02 am
Eva walks too much :angry: :P
You didn't remove the redundant spaces around the second emoticon. I am disappointed. :(
mightysparks wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 11:02 am
[...] and am trying to find a nice self-defence martial arts.
Aikido! :circle:
Sorry, too fiddly when using my phone :(

I will give aikido a look!
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
nimimerkillinen
Posts: 2122
Joined: Dec 30, 2011
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Contact:

#950

Post by nimimerkillinen » June 30th, 2019, 4:34 am

got back to 80.4 from 74.2kg but, trying to get back to there, not sure how much body fat ive got but not much more than that

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#951

Post by mightysparks » June 30th, 2019, 5:56 am

I've recently reduced my calories to 1200 in an effort to get this weight dropping. I've been averaging more around 1300 but it's been tough. I finally dropped below 65 yesterday and am now 64.8kg.

I found an app called Strongr Fastr, and there's also a similar one called Eat This Much where you can put in your dietary requirements and calories and it poops out a meal plan. The Strongr Fastr one seems to have more variety and nicer looking foods (also easy recipes), so I've been following that for a couple days. I've been having salads or fruit with most meals which have actually been really nice (made a caprese salad and I never knew mozzarella cheese was so good) and didn't even get to have any chocolate yesterday. Had a vegetable (corn, broccoli and capsicum) and black bean enchilada for dinner last night, as well as lunch today and that was pretty damn tasty. Also made a portobella mushroom pizza thing which was pretty good. I tried it with eggplant but the eggplant was just massive and now I kind of never want eggplant again. Not a fan of mushrooms either but can't even tell it's a mushroom with the pizza thing, and I've been chucking them in pretty much everything I eat now and they're growing on me.

Tomorrow will be my 365 day streak of using MyFitnessPal, which is also when I started wearing my Fitbit 24/7 and learning to cook. I'm at 31.9kg lost at the moment, here's some pics and a graph:
SpoilerShow
Image
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#952

Post by mightysparks » July 7th, 2019, 12:34 am

I’ve been sick with the flu this week and am starting to get over it now, but the last few days I’ve been ravenous. I let myself eat a few hundred calories over my limit since i figured if I’m sick and this hungry my body must need it, and I’ll deal with the weight gain/plateau once I feel better. Somehow today I’m a kilo lighter than yesterday and the rest of this week. What. I don’t even know how it’s gone down. I moved my scale around thinking it was giving me wrong readings but seems to be accurate. So I’m 63.4kg today which means I hit my 9th Happy Scale mini-goal and my only goal left is my actual goal weight of 60kg. It’s crazy it’s so close.

And yea expect to beat me on the challenge Eva coz I’m spending all my time in bed other than my 10k steps lol.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

User avatar
blueboybob
Donator
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: DC
Contact:

#953

Post by blueboybob » July 7th, 2019, 12:42 am

I started keto again. In grad school I went from 240 to 180 on keto. Then I got married and had kids so I am up to 260 again.... we will see how it goes

User avatar
flaiky
Posts: 1399
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Location: London UK
Contact:

#954

Post by flaiky » July 7th, 2019, 3:17 pm

mightysparks wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 5:56 am
SpoilerShow
Image
Amazing change, well done. It's great that you've done it all gradually over a year+, rather than crash dieting.

This isn't about weight loss, but: from the older pictures it looks like you have naturally curly hair, is that right? I recently realised I have much wavier hair than I thought (borderline curly), so I've really been encouraging the waves. I've completely stopped combing or blow-drying, instead just crunching my hair with my fingers after washing and then letting it air dry. It's been quite a revelation and made such a big difference. It's essentially a matter of personal taste, and your hair might work differently, but I just thought I'd mention it as I think you'd look great with big curls!
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#955

Post by mightysparks » July 7th, 2019, 11:06 pm

My hair is pretty frustrating. I generally comb it after I shower and leave it to dry but the curls are all over the place and just turn into a mess. I try to not comb it when it’s dry but it gets knotty and crazy really easily so I usually have to give it a quick comb before I leave the house (which is also what I did before taking the after pics hence the boof). I’ve tried the crunching thing before but it doesn’t seem to help much, I was recently told to spin strands around my finger while it’s still damp to help the curls sit better but I’m bad at even doing that. I’m trying to get better at styling my hair with the straightener I’m just really not good at doing it. When I leave the hairdressers my hair looks amazing but I can never recreate it. It also takes so damn long to straighten because I have so much hair so I don’t do it nearly as often as I should.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Eva_L
Posts: 708
Joined: Jan 04, 2013
Contact:

#956

Post by Eva_L » July 8th, 2019, 11:24 am

mightysparks wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 12:34 am
I’ve been sick with the flu this week and am starting to get over it now, but the last few days I’ve been ravenous. I let myself eat a few hundred calories over my limit since i figured if I’m sick and this hungry my body must need it, and I’ll deal with the weight gain/plateau once I feel better. Somehow today I’m a kilo lighter than yesterday and the rest of this week. What. I don’t even know how it’s gone down. I moved my scale around thinking it was giving me wrong readings but seems to be accurate. So I’m 63.4kg today which means I hit my 9th Happy Scale mini-goal and my only goal left is my actual goal weight of 60kg. It’s crazy it’s so close.

And yea expect to beat me on the challenge Eva coz I’m spending all my time in bed other than my 10k steps lol.
Hope you're feeling better now! I went to a festival, so I didn't even have to try to get my steps in. Guess it wasn't really a fair match this time.

User avatar
peeptoad
Posts: 1194
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Contact:

#957

Post by peeptoad » July 8th, 2019, 12:38 pm

mightysparks wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 11:06 pm
My hair is pretty frustrating. I generally comb it after I shower and leave it to dry but the curls are all over the place and just turn into a mess. I try to not comb it when it’s dry but it gets knotty and crazy really easily so I usually have to give it a quick comb before I leave the house (which is also what I did before taking the after pics hence the boof). I’ve tried the crunching thing before but it doesn’t seem to help much, I was recently told to spin strands around my finger while it’s still damp to help the curls sit better but I’m bad at even doing that. I’m trying to get better at styling my hair with the straightener I’m just really not good at doing it. When I leave the hairdressers my hair looks amazing but I can never recreate it. It also takes so damn long to straighten because I have so much hair so I don’t do it nearly as often as I should.
Your hair sounds almost identical to mine. I gave up on straightening a long time ago. I recommend embracing the curls if possible. If you can figure out how to style it using the curls to their "advantage" I think you might end up liking the end result. The curl-twirling technique you describe is one I use every morning with leave-in conditioner. Personally, my hair tends towards dry (so does my skin) so the leave in conditioner (currently using Kinky Curly Knot Today) helps with that, and helps my hair to keep the curl once it dries. If I comb my hair when wet it just dries frizzy and all over the place. If I brush when dry I end up looking like Sideshow Bob. I always wished for straight hair since it's so much easier to manage, but I have come to appreciate the natural curl over the years.

User avatar
flaiky
Posts: 1399
Joined: Feb 04, 2017
Location: London UK
Contact:

#958

Post by flaiky » July 8th, 2019, 12:48 pm

My hair has always driven me mad as well, to the point that I pretty much gave up on trying, but this new approach seems to be working now (comparatively, at least.) There's a subreddit for curly hair and they give some great advice, the outline of which is here. I haven't tried the specific product stuff they recommend, but once I've finished my current shampoo/conditioner I think I'll give it a go.
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

User avatar
blueboybob
Donator
Posts: 1284
Joined: Mar 11, 2013
Location: DC
Contact:

#959

Post by blueboybob » July 8th, 2019, 12:56 pm

The free food at work is hell. Today was a full waffle bar with all the toppings. SON OF A BITCH!!!

User avatar
mightysparks
Site Admin
Posts: 29428
Joined: May 05, 2011
Location: Perth, WA, Australia
Contact:

#960

Post by mightysparks » July 8th, 2019, 2:59 pm

I posted a progress pic on a weight loss reddit and I always end up with at least one message like this:
fuck you’re so hot, you have me horny as hell. Can you watch me stroke my big black cock and cum for you please queen?
It’s a legit account too, which is pretty sad. I wonder how many messages like that the girls doing sexy poses get. I don’t even know why people bother sending those messages. I get a couple ‘sexy’ compliments which is fine I guess, but the rest of it is just ugh cmon.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Image

Post Reply