Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

Lakigigar

Re: Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

Post by Lakigigar » December 26th, 2018, 6:46 pm

wow good work, and you look attractive!

RBG

Post by RBG » December 26th, 2018, 6:51 pm

great work mighty. i wanna get a fitbit now
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » December 31st, 2018, 3:06 pm

height: 185 cm
weight: 59,1kg
bmi: 17,2
waist: 65 cm
calves: 34 cm
biceps: 22 cm
chest: 84 cm
hip: 85 cm
thig: 45 cm

I've just checked my waist size, because i wanted to calculate it, and as a BMI might not be everything. I could technically be underweight with BMI but be healthy when i check it with waist-to-height calculator, but if i did it right, i have a waist size of 65 cm, compared to my length of 185 cm, and that's a 0,35 waist-to-height ratio.

which is slim and almost extremely slim category...

I have no idea if the sizes of my body are normal or not (thin or normal?), and if there is something remarkable about them.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 14th, 2019, 3:37 am

Today is my 9 month check-in. Despite still eating at a deficit every day, I've had a plateau for the last month and there's been barely any change (1.8kg and 7cm loss in a month :( ). I've been going anywhere between 70.5-72, though this morning I hit a new all-time low at 70.2kg. The last time I weighed this little was when I was 12. I'm falling behind on hitting my goals now which is frustrating. I was hoping to be at 65 for my graduation but I'll be lucky to be under 70kg. I've started up another round of Insanity Max 30 as working out outside in the heat was too much for me and running was starting to get a bit boring. It's been over a month since I've worked out consistently so I've been in a lot of pain this last week.

21/4/18 -> 14/1/19
Weight: 96.7 -> 70.2 (-26.5)
Chest: 119 -> 99 (-20)
Waist: 103 -> 80 (-22)
Hips: 122 -> 100 (-22)
Thighs: 68 -> 57.5, 67 -> 57 (-10.5, -10)
Calves: 38 -> 35 (-3 each)

BMI: 33.46 (obese) -> 24.29 (normal)
Body fat % estimate: 39% (obese) to 28.6% (acceptable).

Milestones to go:
74.7kg: Happy Scale Goal #6 (13/11/18)
73.5kg: Lowest adult weight, 2013/2014 (26/11/18)
72.2kg: Normal BMI (30/11/18)
71kg: Happy Scale Goal #7 (22/12/18)

67.3: Happy Scale Goal #8
63.7kg: Happy Scale Goal #9
60kg: Goal weight!

Progress pic:

And since I finally got new workout clothes:
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 14th, 2019, 5:56 am

great progress!

made some too on ketogenic diet
11.4 85.4kg

Goals

Ideal weight muscular 73-77kg depending will i study and be arborist or not for a while at least

Eva_L

Post by Eva_L » January 23rd, 2019, 7:47 pm

So I've started entering my weight almost daily on Fitbit now, but something super annoying happened. As I was entering my weight, I must have not hit the '6' correctly because instead of 64, I entered 4 kg, which is obviously not my weight. I immediately changed it, but now I'm stuck with 20 (!) badges I didn't earn, going as far as '-57 kg Weight Loss'...

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 24th, 2019, 12:40 am

That’s annoying. I remember using my Fitbit for a few days after it had been out of charge for a while and then realizing the date was wrong so everything got recorded for a few months back. I also once changed the name of my workouts and instead of it being categorized as generic workout and providing me with all the stats, it then only provided me with one (like it only showed heart rate and not calories burnt or something). Support just told me there was no way to change it. Pretty lame.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Eva_L

Post by Eva_L » January 24th, 2019, 8:26 am

That definitely sucks too. It seems weird that they can't change these seemingly simple things...

Support just e-mailed me and I need to enter all the badges I need removed! :banana:

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » January 24th, 2019, 5:41 pm

so lost 10.3kg in 3weeks and 3days, rose this morning 0.9 and been feeling not so great, havent gone to carb rush tho so thats good but i wonder will yoyo effect come. was much faster anyway so 1 or 3 doesnt matter much at this points - just gotta keep at it

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » January 30th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Yesterday at the gym I did some serious core and stomach workouts, and with the pump I could (slightly) visibly see my abs after the training. Felt pretty proud of myself!

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 30th, 2019, 8:04 pm

I'm at 61.5kg now. I gained a bit. :(

wasabi

Post by wasabi » January 31st, 2019, 8:40 pm

I got stuck around 110lbs for a while, every time my weight dropped below 110lbs, I gained 1 or 2lbs the following days :(

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » January 31st, 2019, 9:37 pm

61.1 kg this morning (yesterday was 61,7kg also), so i lost 0,6kg or 1,3lbs. I did eat below 1000 kcals both yesterday and today.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » February 1st, 2019, 7:08 pm

Don't do this, Laki. :( You know darn well that you need to gain a few pounds. :hug:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » February 2nd, 2019, 12:53 am

delete
Last edited by Lakigigar on February 2nd, 2019, 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 2nd, 2019, 1:00 am

I'm a binge eater which is my biggest problem for keeping my weight down. I ate a little extra on my birthday and put on nearly 3kg overnight (69.5kg to 72kg) which has barely dropped a week later. For some reason I've been anxious these last couple of days so I've been binge eating and biting my nails again, and yesterday I ate 400 calories worth of chips as well as a bunch of chocolate and it was just a day of regret. I'm about to go to the shop and buy proper food so we can start eating better again. I made our favourite curry last night and it's the first time I've cooked since we moved in here nearly 2 weeks ago. Gotta stop living off Subway, Maccas and kebabs.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » February 2nd, 2019, 1:11 am

delete

fori

Post by fori » February 2nd, 2019, 4:19 pm

I’ve been thinking about my weight more recently, I was almost 100kg this time last year and now I’m 77 (as of last measurement) but I’m thinking of going down to 65. I was really thin in high school weighing under 60kg just after I stopped growing, but subsequently ballooned into what was probably borderline obesity. Everyone I meet now says I lost a lot of weight, but that’s probably because I was so fat. I’m still so flabby, I want to get back to a lower weight.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » February 10th, 2019, 2:37 am

this morning i weighed 60,2kg, still looking for a good balance.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » February 10th, 2019, 4:20 am

I’m still stuck in my 2 month plateau :( I need to start exercising again but I’m enjoying having lazy days. I went into my work office the other day in regular clothes and I had a few coworkers comment that I’d lost a lot of weight, and only one other person has said anything in 9 months so it was nice to have someone notice even though I haven’t lost anything in months.

I’ve also not eaten any meat in about a week. I’m not trying to become vegetarian but I am trying to reduce my meat intake and find more vegetarian options for my boyfriend, so I’m trying to make non-meat choices to explore that. It’s been difficult a few times with lack of options but I’ve also tried some interesting stuff I would’ve avoided otherwise.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » February 11th, 2019, 1:26 am

Well this is very recognizable, but when i do it, i don't eat anymore during the rest of the day (or the next day). This guy eats huger amounts of food than i do during my binges.

I also did self-induce vomiting today for the first time ever... after i tried to make many attempts for the past two months, but today i finally overcame my emetophobia (fear of vomiting), and went deep enough... It took me several times, and i got a gag reflex multiple times, but only after like five to ten times i induced the gag reflex, something came out... and at a moment i didn't expect it. It's horrible. Also, this morning i weighed 59,8kg.

I said i was never going to do this, but i still did it... It needed to go out. I'm just afraid i'll make a habit out of this... (and i'll probably will), but i still have the power to stop this. (i hope so). I don't have power over my binges though... i just do it, even when i say i won't, i do it. I absolutely hate those binges... I don't feel as miserable as i thought i was going to do, but i feel such a burning sensation...

sebby

Post by sebby » February 12th, 2019, 8:57 am

I've probably put on 15 lbs in 2 months. Need to get back into my love affair with starches and carbo loading.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » February 19th, 2019, 10:55 am

Well and since last monday i wasn't able to go to the bathroom, so there is constipation as well... It's a bitch. I'm really considering using laxatives in order to ease my bowel movements, because i seem to go from the one extreme to the other extreme...

Weight is mostly unchanged: 59,7kg this morning (but i expect and hope when i finally can go... i will lose a bit). Currently bmi of 17,38.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » February 23rd, 2019, 10:58 pm

58,6kg this morning...

I have started to keeping track of myfitnesspal (once again), and indeed to my surprise i eat much less than a year ago (when i've kept track for it for a month as well).

Of course, i still have my "binges" in which i just can't resist the urge to eat a bunch of crap food... (chocolate, cookies and all that kind of stuff). I still have like 2500 - 3000 kcal at times in ONE SITTING.

What i've eaten today is also in one sitting. I'm just an all or nothing person. Because of that, i used to think i'm a big eater... And actually my friends and my parents think i'm a good eater as well. But i can just eat and never feel full. Even after eating 3000 kcal in a sitting, i'm still hungry. I actually feel full after a while. But than quickly after that, i would start emotional eating again...

I deliberately just don't buy stuff in the grocery shop (partly because of social phobia). But i often have nothing to binge on or to eat. I often don't have cookies or chocolate, crisps or whatever at home just i don't buy them or if i do, i immediately eat it (immediately), so i have almost nothing stored at home from such kind of foods.

This partly explains why i keep losing weight, despite eating french fries TWICE last week and binging twice (one time french fries included in the binge and one time was without french fries).

It's so hard to find the right diet, especially because circumstances aren't easy. Social phobia actually makes creating a balanced diet just hard, and when i do eat, i just can't stop, because the only thing i can do is eat once a day (or not at all). I have a lot of fear foods which i avoid because it's just not worth the effort (potatoes, bread). Literally fear foods, because of my social phobia and it not being practical. But also me considering it's simply not worth the effort because they aren't good at all compared to other foods.

Like potatoes and bread still have calories (ACTUALLY A TON), and less potatoes and bread means more 'something else'.

Fine... i however think i have high metabolism (although weird), unless i eat way too less but i'm not sure. I really have no idea actually.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » March 1st, 2019, 6:36 pm

58.7 kg (BMI: 17.1) this morning. I'll gain a lot tomorrow, because I binged on chocolate, and purged during the second binge session. I've also eaten spaghetti with bollognese, so my cal intake was above 3500. This purge session was my longest one ever (pff). I'll probably not eat a lot this weekend. Pff

This was my calorie net intake.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 23rd, 2019, 12:49 am

After hitting 69.5kg in late January, I’ve been stuck between 69.5 and 71.5 which has been really annoying and I lost interest in paying much attention to my weight loss, aside from daily weighing, calorie counting (265 day streak today) and doing 10k steps every day (nearly 7 months straight). I’ve pretty much been maintaining instead of losing though so I’m happy to have not really put on weight. I started working out again this week, bought some dumbbells so I lift a little and meal prepped 12 meals a few days ago but my boyfriend hasn’t been home so I’m struggling to get through them before they go off. I have a tiny freezer that can’t fit much so that’s annoying. Anyway, my weight has been dropping every day this week instead of jumping around like usual so I guess my body is liking the new routine. I was 70.1kg this morning. I had been hoping to hit 60 next month which would’ve been a year since I started trying to lose weight, but this plateau screwed me over. So now I’m hoping to hit my goal by the end of June.

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » April 11th, 2019, 3:02 pm

As I upped my calorie intake, my weight loss wasn't much since the last time I've posted my weight here.

I got a work project that has me in a different city on a biweekly basis (one week away, one week home, etc), where I stay in hotels and often eat at restaurants with business partners, which isn't great for calorie counting and workouts.

But despite this, I still managed to lose another kilo, and So I'm in the range between 67 and 67.5 most of the time. And while I haven't been to the regular gym as often, I upped my running a bit after winter was over and actually participated in my first official running event last Sunday. I finished the 10.6 km in a time of 1:00:21, which was a faster pace than I aimed for, but I'm low-key disappointed that I didn't manage to break the 1 hour mark.

Also, I picked up a new hobby: free climbing and bouldering. That was something I wanted to try for quite some time, mainly to actively battle my fear of heights. Also, it was always a hobby I knew is way easier when you aren't heavy. To my surprise the heights aren't that much of a problem and I enjoy the shit out of it.
Obviously I'm still crappy at it, and the fear of falling is still very rea andl takes away more energy than necessary. But climbing over 10 meters over the floor in an overhang is more than I ever dreamt of being capable to do. However clipping into the next quickdraw in such a position always makes me think that I'm about to die. :D
Overall though the mixture of workout and solving the climbing problem mentally and the rush of adrenaline is immensely addicting. The time I finsih a session after hours of being in the climbing gym, I'm already looking forward to when I can go again and take on the problems I wasn't able to finish this time. Usually I stay there 3 or 4 hours until I'm literally not able to climb one more meter on an easy route. And the community in the gym is just fantastic too. I can't wait to get a bit better at it to take it from the gym to the real rocks and walls outside.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 11th, 2019, 3:25 pm

I started in October 2018 at 85.1kg, we're 6 months later and I'm at 73.8kg. The original goal was 75kg but 72.5kg puts my on the mid-BMI, so what the heck.

The idea was to lose some weight, simply because my clothes didn't fit quite as well anymore and I didn't feel like switching from M to L. I'm not one for dieting and sports though and I wanted to be sure that I would keep it up. Time was not really an issue either, so I started looking for ways to tweak my routines instead. This meant changing small things I wasn't too hung up on, without sacrificing the things I really loved. I kept doing that until I started losing weight on a weekly basis (I just weigh myself once a week). From that point on, it was just about "keeping it up", which wasn't much of "an effort" since the whole idea was to go for easy wins.

So yeah, it's a setup that worked well for me. I can still eat fries once a week, I still enjoy a glass of whisky in the evening and I don't have to go out running. The only downside is that I went from M to S, so my old clothes are useless again :D

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 11th, 2019, 3:54 pm

I've been doing IF 16:8 the last couple of weeks to try and break this plateau. No luck so far, but I'm starting to do 20:4 instead just because eating in a small window gets me full to the point I don't want to eat more, and I don't get hungry until late at night/early in the morning so I sleep/drink water and ignore it. I didn't think I'd last through fasting but I actually feel pretty good and don't get cravings as much. The last couple of days of doing 20:4 has had me eating less than 1400 each day whereas usually I'm anywhere between 1400-2000, so it's been helpful for not snacking or over-eating. My Fitbit/Spreadsheet said I was burning around 2300-2500 calories a day, but I'm suspecting it's probably 2000 so I'm trying to be more strict. Boyfriend and I are planning a one month Eurotrip later this year and he wants to lose a bit of weight for it, and I'm using that as my little goal now, though I should hit my goal before then if I can keep within my calorie budget.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » April 12th, 2019, 4:51 am

getting back on ketogenic

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 15th, 2019, 2:29 am

My boyfriend's boss took him out to play squash a couple of times last week, so he took me to play a game yesterday. It was pretty fun and pretty much the only time in my life when I've enjoyed sport. We hope to start playing a bit more regularly. His legs have been pretty sore for a week, and I found my legs are pretty good but my right arm was dead by the end of the 1.5 hour game. It basically wore out all the places where my RSI gets bad in my forearm and today it's super weak and sore and like jelly. I can barely hold my phone in that hand. So that kind of sucks since I've had to take the week off work to rest it. But otherwise it was fun and I'll have to be careful next time to not push myself when my arm starts to ache.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 17th, 2019, 12:56 am

After nearly 3 months of this stupid plateau I’ve finally broken it! I was 69.4kg yesterday morning when it broke but didn’t want to get too excited about 100g in case it went up this morning. Today I’m at 68.8kg! It’s been driving me crazy not seeing that number change for 3 goddamn months of daily weigh-ins so I’m really excited.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » April 17th, 2019, 8:27 am

Also got under 80kg for the first time since 2015, 78.5kg this morning

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 21st, 2019, 3:22 am

A year ago today I started losing weight. I’m down 28kg now.

On phone so apologies for no resize:
SpoilerShow

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » April 21st, 2019, 6:56 pm

No kidding, that's a massive change! You go girl! :worship:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 23rd, 2019, 2:10 am

Thanks, wish I'd reached my goal weight by now but oh well. I'm trying to transition into women's clothes but they still don't feel right to me. They show the weight loss a bit better though:

SpoilerShow

I'm trying to make myself look different than I did before because I don't want to be associated with that person anymore but I'm still pretty much the same so it's hard. I feel dumb in women's clothes, my hair is kind of red now but still looks like my hair and I suck at styling it. I was sad the other day because I don't have facial hair to change my face and then I realised the woman equivalent is makeup but I hate makeup and don't want to go down that route. I just really don't want to be recognizable though.

Oh and graph for spreadsheet fanatics:

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 2nd, 2019, 5:23 am

I went for my first run outside today.. omg I'm dead. I ran 10-12 minutes on the treadmill the other day, I could barely make it 30 seconds outside. My heart rate didn't even make it past 'fat burn' according to my Fitbit but I finished my run about 4 hours ago and I still feel my heart pounding. Legs are super sore too. I was really nervous about running outside but it was way less monotonous than the treadmill just so much fecking harder. Insanely harder. Though it turns out my treadmill isn't accurately counting distance because I tried to do a Cooper's test on it and it said I did 1.25km running for most of that 12 minutes, but today I mostly walked in the first 12 minutes and I did over 2km :/ Overall, I walked/ran 4.25km in 38 minutes today so I'm feeling a bit more confident about the 4km race in a few weeks. I don't understand the 'pace' reading but I got 9'00" average.

My boyfriend has also been talking about this place called Tom's Wholesome Food for a while so I went there to get lunch today. I had a bit of 'Organic Quinoa, Tomato, Cucumber & Corn', 'Buckwheat Noodle, Edamame & Broccoli' and 'Broccoli & Artichoke Pesto Pasta'. I fasted for nearly 24 hours today and I couldn't even finish off all that salad, I was stuffed. Still got half in the fridge for later. Pretty good food too.

monty

Post by monty » May 2nd, 2019, 4:40 pm

Bad thing about dieting is having to get rid of excess skin afterwards - I think I'll go for another ice cream instead....

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » May 2nd, 2019, 9:37 pm

Depends how obese/overweight you are to begin with I guess. I have almost no loose skin and I’m nearly 30kg down so :shrug: i just have a bit on my thighs which should be fixable with a bit of strength training.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » May 4th, 2019, 4:12 am

mightysparks wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 9:37 pm
Depends how obese/overweight you are to begin with I guess. I have almost no loose skin and I’m nearly 30kg down so :shrug: i just have a bit on my thighs which should be fixable with a bit of strength training.
a lot to do with age too, ones skin gets less elastic and adaptable