Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 3 released May 19th)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

peeptoad

Re: Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

Post by peeptoad » January 11th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Eva_L wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 12:02 pm
I got a new Fitbit for Christmas because my old one was being weird, and I was so determined to reach my 10,000 steps/day goal every day in January. I was doing great until Monday, when I fractured my skull because some guy left his car door open in the dark and I smashed into it with my bike... Guess I'll try February instead, because I'm lucky if I get even 1,000 steps in a day now.
Holy crap, you're lucky you weren't injured worse than fracturing your skull. There are a lot of distracted drivers out there for sure ; my boss walked into work one day with his bike in two pieces and one was to blame.

sebby

Post by sebby » January 12th, 2020, 12:44 am

Eva_L wrote:
I got a new Fitbit for Christmas because my old one was being weird, and I was so determined to reach my 10,000 steps/day goal every day in January. I was doing great until Monday, when I fractured my skull because some guy left his car door open in the dark and I smashed into it with my bike... Guess I'll try February instead, because I'm lucky if I get even 1,000 steps in a day now.
Oh shit, feel better :hug:

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » January 12th, 2020, 1:21 am

Eva_L wrote:
woah that's terrible! hope you get better soon!

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 12th, 2020, 1:38 am

Eeghhh, that sounds pretty horrible and painful D: Rest up and smash those steps in Feb.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Eva_L

Post by Eva_L » January 13th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Thanks everyone! I feel a little better already, but now the rest of my body is feeling the pain of the fall. I'm sure I'll feel better soon, though.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » January 19th, 2020, 9:20 am

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... rew-mayers

How about this as a diet plan, cheap too, reminds me of The Gleaners

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 30th, 2020, 11:13 pm

I’ve been lazy counting my calories recently and missed a MFP log-in and broke my 636 day streak :'( I’ve also put on 5kg because I’m a snacky fatty and I need to stop.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

sebby

Post by sebby » March 31st, 2020, 12:59 am

I've put on about 10 pounds on covid-quarantine weight in the last 2 and a half weeks. Stress eating and lack of movement. No bikini bod for me this summer.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 31st, 2020, 1:02 am

Luckily we're going into winter and I can hide until I lose it and fit back into my summer clothes..

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » March 31st, 2020, 8:11 am

I also gained two kilos in my quarantine. This week I plan on hard calorie counting and going for a run literally every day to get some movement.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 9th, 2020, 6:54 am

I was really struggling to stop eating over my calories.. I was eating like 2400 each day and my TDEE is about 2000 so yea, wasn't good. I've also just felt awful for a while now. Although I've gone for a few runs here and there and I still do my 10k steps every day, I haven't done any regular exercise since like, November? My whole body just aches constantly. I just haven't felt like leaving the house or running. So I decided to go back to what sparked off my weight loss initially—Insanity: Max 30. I've also added a bit of yoga in, following the workout with Yoga With Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga thing.

Today was day 2 of both. Man, day 1 was like my first day 1 two years ago (also started in April, I guess April is my 'start getting healthy' month). Can't believe how much fitness I've lost. I went through the first 10 minutes ok then had to take a break for 2 minutes because I was dizzy. I had to skip the last round of the workout because I felt like I was going to be sick and just had to sit on the floor for 5-10 minutes. The yoga was nice. I have weak little arms and after my workout today, full of push-ups and dips that I couldn't finish, I was shaking trying to do downward dog. Makes me feel nice and relaxed after though, and I noticed I had a lot less pain when I woke up than I usually do after the first day of working out.

Managed to stay around 1500 calories yesterday and we'll see how I go today. I do feel more motivated and less snacky when I'm following an exercise schedule, though. I've added some cheese and a hardboiled egg to my regular breakfast muffin and that also seems to help keep the sugar cravings away.