Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 8 released June 27th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Results), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Vinyan, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

peeptoad

Re: Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

Post by peeptoad » January 11th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Eva_L wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 12:02 pm
I got a new Fitbit for Christmas because my old one was being weird, and I was so determined to reach my 10,000 steps/day goal every day in January. I was doing great until Monday, when I fractured my skull because some guy left his car door open in the dark and I smashed into it with my bike... Guess I'll try February instead, because I'm lucky if I get even 1,000 steps in a day now.
Holy crap, you're lucky you weren't injured worse than fracturing your skull. There are a lot of distracted drivers out there for sure ; my boss walked into work one day with his bike in two pieces and one was to blame.

sebby

Post by sebby » January 12th, 2020, 12:44 am

Eva_L wrote:
I got a new Fitbit for Christmas because my old one was being weird, and I was so determined to reach my 10,000 steps/day goal every day in January. I was doing great until Monday, when I fractured my skull because some guy left his car door open in the dark and I smashed into it with my bike... Guess I'll try February instead, because I'm lucky if I get even 1,000 steps in a day now.
Oh shit, feel better :hug:

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » January 12th, 2020, 1:21 am

Eva_L wrote:
woah that's terrible! hope you get better soon!

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » January 12th, 2020, 1:38 am

Eeghhh, that sounds pretty horrible and painful D: Rest up and smash those steps in Feb.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

Eva_L

Post by Eva_L » January 13th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Thanks everyone! I feel a little better already, but now the rest of my body is feeling the pain of the fall. I'm sure I'll feel better soon, though.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » January 19th, 2020, 9:20 am

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... rew-mayers

How about this as a diet plan, cheap too, reminds me of The Gleaners

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 30th, 2020, 11:13 pm

I’ve been lazy counting my calories recently and missed a MFP log-in and broke my 636 day streak :'( I’ve also put on 5kg because I’m a snacky fatty and I need to stop.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

sebby

Post by sebby » March 31st, 2020, 12:59 am

I've put on about 10 pounds on covid-quarantine weight in the last 2 and a half weeks. Stress eating and lack of movement. No bikini bod for me this summer.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » March 31st, 2020, 1:02 am

Luckily we're going into winter and I can hide until I lose it and fit back into my summer clothes..

metaller
Donator

Post by metaller » March 31st, 2020, 8:11 am

I also gained two kilos in my quarantine. This week I plan on hard calorie counting and going for a run literally every day to get some movement.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 9th, 2020, 6:54 am

I was really struggling to stop eating over my calories.. I was eating like 2400 each day and my TDEE is about 2000 so yea, wasn't good. I've also just felt awful for a while now. Although I've gone for a few runs here and there and I still do my 10k steps every day, I haven't done any regular exercise since like, November? My whole body just aches constantly. I just haven't felt like leaving the house or running. So I decided to go back to what sparked off my weight loss initially—Insanity: Max 30. I've also added a bit of yoga in, following the workout with Yoga With Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga thing.

Today was day 2 of both. Man, day 1 was like my first day 1 two years ago (also started in April, I guess April is my 'start getting healthy' month). Can't believe how much fitness I've lost. I went through the first 10 minutes ok then had to take a break for 2 minutes because I was dizzy. I had to skip the last round of the workout because I felt like I was going to be sick and just had to sit on the floor for 5-10 minutes. The yoga was nice. I have weak little arms and after my workout today, full of push-ups and dips that I couldn't finish, I was shaking trying to do downward dog. Makes me feel nice and relaxed after though, and I noticed I had a lot less pain when I woke up than I usually do after the first day of working out.

Managed to stay around 1500 calories yesterday and we'll see how I go today. I do feel more motivated and less snacky when I'm following an exercise schedule, though. I've added some cheese and a hardboiled egg to my regular breakfast muffin and that also seems to help keep the sugar cravings away.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » June 27th, 2020, 7:17 pm

I try to stay under 2000 kcal a days, i think i have succeeded to do that in the last 7 days, but... i haven't been able to lose a lot of weight, maybe 1 kg. I'm now around 74 kg, finally a bit going down. My length is 6'1, and i'm around a BMI of 21.8, which is higher than it used to be last year. I Always had low weight, around 60 kg, but when i developed bulimia and started cutting, that went rapidly up, and i've never been able to cut on it, except for in hospital while i quickly gained the weight back again. I right now have stopped for a year with bulimic behavior, and i also stopped cutting aside from a few small incidents. So i guess i'm fine... I have an ED history past, but I have healthy weight right now, and while i'm trying to get back to 60 kg, i just fail to do so, and i miss the commitment to lose weight, although i don't gain either so i guess that's good.

At the start of COVID-19 i had my highest weight of all time, around 80 kg (BMI 23.4). I might have to cut more in my food, going below 1500 kcal / day. The good news, i've stopped eating candies and chocolate. I barely have binges right now, which is why i was able to slowly lose weight in the past months.

I should lose 0.8kg a week, and would reach my goal in october.

Highest weight: around 80 kg in february 2020
Lowest weight: 57.6kg in february 2019? which was honestly in an anorexic phase. After february 2019 my anorexic phase evolved into a bulimic phase, and i quickly gained, but really quickly. I went to 75 kg. In hospital, i went to 66kg again. I than gained to 80 kg in the winter of 2019-2020, and i'm now down to 74 kg again.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » June 27th, 2020, 7:35 pm

Soon, i'll live alone back again (in two weeks maybe already), so i will have more control over what I eat. I mostly gained at my dad's, while at my mom's i only lose slowly. When i live alone or was hospitalized, i managed to rapidly lose. I remember having a period of where I skipped every meal in two weeks, but had my binges though in hospital.

I know i have an ED or at least have the potential to develop a full one, so i need to pay attention for that, but i'm already thinking it's slowly consuming me … i have some time to act on it, because i know i will only lose more & more weight in the upcoming weeks & months, and i'm already eating weird stuff just to feel full but with few calories.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » June 28th, 2020, 3:35 am

I'm still struggling to lose the 5kg I put on this year :( Even when I seem to be doing well the weight won't budge, but I'm trying to use the semester break to get serious about it again. I got bored of the workouts I was doing, but I started running and doing Strong Curves again this week and hope to finish the latter program. My boyfriend on the other hand is now 23kg down and only 4kg away from being 'overweight' instead of 'obese'. He also quit smoking weed a few weeks ago and is overall doing really well so I just look forward to his weekly weigh-ins and watching his body shrink even if mine doesn't want to.

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » July 5th, 2020, 10:24 pm

74.2kg. I'm on schedule!

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2020, 12:30 am

Two Monday’s ago I was at 67.9, last Thursday I was down to 66.5. I had two slightly bad eating days and today I’m back at 67.7. So fecking frustrating, I can’t eat over by 300 calories or I put on a goddamn kg seriously??

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » July 6th, 2020, 12:43 pm

^ maybe due to water retention (if you were eating more carbs)? I recently cut way down on carbs and I almost immediately (like after only 3 days) noticed all my clothing was suddenly way looser on me. I don't weigh myself normally, so no idea if my actual weight is different, but for it to happen that fast I think it was prob retained water.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 6th, 2020, 12:55 pm

Yeah, I had one glass of vodka and coke for two nights so I suspect it's because of that but still really irritating.