Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Benelux (Results), 1944 awards (Sep 23rd), 1964 (Sep 28th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Silent Era, 21st Century, Japan
Film of the Week: Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta, October nominations (Sep 27th)

Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

peeptoad

Re: Weight Loss Challenge and Discussion

Post by peeptoad » July 9th, 2019, 7:53 pm

flaiky wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:48 pm
My hair has always driven me mad as well, to the point that I pretty much gave up on trying, but this new approach seems to be working now (comparatively, at least.) There's a subreddit for curly hair and they give some great advice, the outline of which is here. I haven't tried the specific product stuff they recommend, but once I've finished my current shampoo/conditioner I think I'll give it a go.
Sound advice.
Esp this part:
Air drying: The old school but effective way to dry your hair is by simply letting it air dry. DO NOT TOUCH it while wet! Any time you touch it creates an opportunity for frizz.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 10th, 2019, 2:21 am

I’ve been at 63.2kg the last few days which is fine with me since I was eating terribly last week and I’m pretty happy to have not put on weight. I get annoyed when it doesn’t budge for a few days though lol. At 33.5kg lost now. Still waiting to get over this flu before I start working out again though.

Boyfriend had his weekly weigh-in today and is 11kg down now. We’re doing his monthly measurements later today but his stomach is definitely looking flatter. He has quite a bit to lose but he’s still doing well (started at 135, needs to hit 90 to be a healthy weight. He wants to get to about 80). He’s not strictly counting calories like me, but keeps an estimate in his head. He’s also followed my way of thinking as food as value so thinks more about his choices. It’s sad watching him eat though coz he gets to eat twice as much as me and I want all his food.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 22nd, 2019, 12:39 am

Well since last time, I've been eating terribly, like really bad, like 2000 calories every day and have gone back up to 64kg. I'm trying to stop myself, but I'm either ravenous or drooling with cravings and have no self control right now. Idk why. I'm trying to tempt myself back into activity, particularly running as every time I see someone running outside I get an urge to run but then I get home and I'm like nup potato. But I downloaded the Zombies Run app again and forgot about the base building stuff so now I must collect. I also thought of using Pokemon Go and Geocaching at the same time and just going out and exploring stuff even if I'm just walking mostly. Collecting stuff, even when it's virtual, motivates me to do just about anything.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » July 22nd, 2019, 8:30 pm

mightysparks wrote:
July 22nd, 2019, 12:39 am
Well since last time, I've been eating terribly, like really bad, like 2000 calories every day and have gone back up to 64kg. I'm trying to stop myself, but I'm either ravenous or drooling with cravings and have no self control right now. Idk why. I'm trying to tempt myself back into activity, particularly running as every time I see someone running outside I get an urge to run but then I get home and I'm like nup potato. But I downloaded the Zombies Run app again and forgot about the base building stuff so now I must collect. I also thought of using Pokemon Go and Geocaching at the same time and just going out and exploring stuff even if I'm just walking mostly. Collecting stuff, even when it's virtual, motivates me to do just about anything.
Tip: create a spreadsheet to record your Pokémon Go progress. :P Whatever you do, don't you dare go back up to 70+ kg! :angry:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 23rd, 2019, 1:26 am

Yea don’t worry, I don’t even want to go past 65kg and I’ve been thinking making a new goal of 57/58 just to give me a buffer but depends how I feel when I get 60. I think it might be the cold weather making me so hungry but idk why I’ve lost all self control. I’m trying again this week to stop gobbling all the chocolate. And if it doesn’t rain I’m going to give the exploring stuff a shot this weekend. I play Pokémon go occasionally since the place I live now actually has a lot of stuff nearby, unlike before when I was in the middle of suburbia, but I don’t take full advantage of it.

I took a face comparison pic yesterday:
SpoilerShow

It’s weird how when I see myself in a mirror I still think I look the same but when I put the pics next to each other it’s insane how much I’ve changed. I love not having a double chin anymore, I can barely make one even if I try.

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » July 23rd, 2019, 8:57 am

Mighty : it's the same kind of feeling when you don't really see yourself aging...

But then some white hair appears ,)

If that helps : you do look better on the face comparaison ,)

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 24th, 2019, 1:48 am

Yea, I haven't got any grey yet but I didn't notice all the wrinkles sneaking up on me lol.

Also flaiky, thanks for the link to the curly hair sub. I've just bought some new hair products based on the guide they had. My boyfriend has curly hair too (but his hair always looks cute) so we're both gonna give them a try and see if they help. I looked at the products the hairdressers gave me last time I got my hair done and they all had the ingredients the guide says NOT to use so thanks hairdressers <_<

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2019, 6:25 am

Starting to get a handle on my recent binging but it's a bit of a slow effort. I've been playing Pokemon Go for about 2-3 hours every morning for the last 2 weeks. It gets addictive. I live at a beach resort so there are tons of Pokestops and gyms around here, so I walk around the harbour, a park, then to a lighthouse and then along the coast, and repeat the loop if I still feel like it. My boyfriend and I were doing it together for most of that time, but he's back at work now and I'm doing it alone. Both of us have noticed less anxiety since we started. I'm always super excited to get out for my walk, see what I'm going to hatch and catch. Sometimes I go out for another walk in the evenings. Our necks are killing us from looking at the phone all the time though. I'm considering using the Zombies Run app again (which I haven't used in 6 years) so I can add some running to my routine as well, but I haven't been in the mood for running. It's also so fecking cold and windy on the coast, and my hands are like stiff ice blocks the entire time, I really need some good gloves.

Also had a weird moment. I was sitting down doing some Pokemon stuff, when my phone slipped. I tried to catch it with my thighs but, well:
SpoilerShow
It just slipped right through and hit the ground. I never realised catching stuff with your thighs was a fat person thing :/

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 10th, 2019, 7:01 am

mightysparks wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 6:25 am

I never realised catching stuff with your thighs was a fat person thing :/
I tried catching it and now I feel personally attacked.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 10th, 2019, 7:29 am

Coryn wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 7:01 am
mightysparks wrote:

I've never not been able to catch something with my thighs, so it was really confusing for a few seconds. I think the type of pants probably didn't help the situation, coz those are pretty skintight and keep the fat tucked away lol. I can still catch it wearing my jeans, but it just made me realise how much fat I've lost from there, I'd never even considered someone not being able to catch something with their thighs.

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 10th, 2019, 8:26 am

mightysparks wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 7:29 am
Coryn wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 7:01 am
mightysparks wrote:

I've never not been able to catch something with my thighs, so it was really confusing for a few seconds. I think the type of pants probably didn't help the situation, coz those are pretty skintight and keep the fat tucked away lol. I can still catch it wearing my jeans, but it just made me realise how much fat I've lost from there, I'd never even considered someone not being able to catch something with their thighs.
:D I was just kidding though, it's impossible for an average build male to have a gap between his thighs.

Good job with all the exercise! Nice results
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 7th, 2019, 4:01 am

Well, my weight ended up creeping back up into the 66.x region before I was like nup definitely not happening. After a real struggle to stop over snacking, I’m back down to 63.7kg this morning and less than a kg away from my previous lowest. I still go out every morning and do about 2 hours of Pokémon Go, but I’m planning to start running more regularly soon as I keep getting more excited about running it’s just actually doing it is a bit more difficult lol.

I went to the hairdressers yesterday (a curly hair place which I found thanks to flaiky’s post, and I’m pretty happy with my cut), and she said ‘you have a nice small oval face’. It’s crazy I thought I had a round face my whole life but I actually just had a fat face.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 16th, 2019, 3:57 am

A year ago today I started doing my 10k steps... I haven't missed a single day. I averaged 1500-4000 a day before this. It was a struggle to fit them in at first, but now it's just part of my day. If I'm at a family member's house they all make fun of me for "just getting my steps" while I pace around.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » September 16th, 2019, 5:47 am

YOU GO GURL!!1!1

Seriously, that's pretty impressive. It must have been difficult at times, but the graph makes it all worth it.
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
More memorable quotesShow
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » September 16th, 2019, 7:30 am

There were at least 2 days where I was vomiting every few hours and felt woozy to stand.. they were definitely the most difficult ones. Just gonna keep this up for as long as I can, sometimes I think of like 'omg what if I'm on a plane for 24 hours and can't get my steps in' or 'if I get into an accident/have surgery and have to stay in hospital I won't be able to get my stepppsss', but I'll think I'll just have to chill out if those things happen. I was thinking of increasing it to 15000 when I got to a year, but it still takes a lot of my day just to get to 10k so I don't think that'll happen until I start running regularly again and can run long distances quickly lol.

In other weight loss news, though I'm still hovering around the 64kg mark, I'm still down from last summer and the weather has been heating up quite a bit and all my shorts are too big. And I'm in between sizes so the 12s fall off me and the 10s are just a bit tight around my fatty thighs. Managed to find a couple pairs today that fit so it's gonna be nice doing my walks without pulling them up constantly.

I'm also having a little bit of body dysmorphia, just the usual kind that seems to happen to lifelong obese people who lose a lot of weight. I do have a lot of body fat still that I need to shed, but I just see myself as still being fat even though I know I'm smaller. Then sometimes I catch my reflection or wear certain clothing and I'm like what I'm so skinny how did this happen. I went for a run this morning and I normally wear my workout shirt with a jacket, so I was worried I looked fat and took a sneaky pic and I looked perfectly fine like a normal sized person and was like damn I look pretty good. So it's stupid and annoying. I'm so used to just being a chunky lil blob in pics, it's hard to even believe it's me.