Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
4th ICM Film Festival Main Thread (Fest is Nov16-Dec14)
Polls: 1966 (Results), Silents (Nov 29th), 1944 (Dec 18th)
Challenges: Noir, Mexico, Unofficial
Film of the Week: L'eau froide, December nominations (Nov 27th)
World Cup S4: Final: Germany vs Poland (Dec 1st)

Trump v. Biden: A Septagenarian Scoundrel Skirmish for the Ages

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » November 15th, 2020, 2:10 am

LOL why not just say it came from the lizard people?

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 15th, 2020, 5:40 am

he doesn't want to give away the big secret

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 17th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Top 300 | RYM | Letterboxd

Member of the Experimental Mafia | What's My Line? #1 Fan

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 18th, 2020, 6:53 pm

Trump is dead. Putin is staying alive. (Thanks, YouTube algorithm)

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » November 19th, 2020, 6:34 pm

I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 20th, 2020, 12:56 am

there has to be some sinister connection between mask wearing, rising Covid infection, and millions of missing votes: must be wearing masks gave people Covid and they were too sick to vote TeamtRump

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 20th, 2020, 1:47 am

sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » November 20th, 2020, 1:25 pm

Georgia
the results of the recount netted Trump 1,274 votes

That's a lotta FRAUD
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists:
SpoilerShow
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards
youtube channels

kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech » November 20th, 2020, 4:23 pm

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 2:09 pm
I watched Deliverance a couple days ago for the first time. Jon Voight is amazing in it, but nowadays, he'd definitely be one of the deranged hillbillies.
they/them

Reached 3000 checks on Nov. 12, 2020.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » November 20th, 2020, 9:00 pm

Biden is once again asking for your financial support

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 20th, 2020, 10:32 pm

Many people are saying that two anonymous intelligence officials have declared a high degree of confidence about the validity of Trump's claims. Furthermore, look at all the anomalies and dubious connections. I'm certainly convinced of a cynical maximalist interpretation of what occurred here. Remember folks, you are a morally compromised useful idiot unless you agree with this position.

sebby

Post by sebby » November 20th, 2020, 10:46 pm

Dolwphin wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 10:32 pm
Many people are saying that two anonymous intelligence officials have declared a high degree of confidence about the validity of Trump's claims. Furthermore, look at all the anomalies and dubious connections. I'm certainly convinced of a cynical maximalist interpretation of what occurred here. Remember folks, you are a morally compromised useful idiot unless you agree with this position.
I can't tell whether you're joking, trolling, satirizing, etc.

If sincere: Many others have taken the alternate stance -- that there is no widespread fraud and that whatever vote-count irregularities that exist are on par with what one would expect from any election and would not sway the resulst.

Yours is the stance of the climate denier, clinging to the 1% of scientists that support that view and ignoring the rest .

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 20th, 2020, 11:08 pm

sebby wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 10:46 pm
Dolwphin wrote:

If sincere: Many others have taken the alternate stance -- that there is no widespread fraud and that whatever vote-count irregularities that exist are on par with what one would expect from any election and would not sway the resulst.

Yours is the stance of the climate denier, clinging to the 1% of scientists that support that view and ignoring the rest .
Wake up, take the red pill already. :rolleyes:

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 20th, 2020, 11:11 pm

2016: Russia stole our precious democracy and inaugurated a Manchurian Candidate.
2020: Why are people questioning the legitimacy of the results with baseless claims? Why are they not trusting our precious legacy media? It baffles the mind!

sebby

Post by sebby » November 20th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Still can't tell if trolling.

If not, provide evidence. Otherwise, shut that piehole.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 3:27 am

Dolwphin wrote:
given your last sentence, seems the requisite response would have to be "bite me", no? :P

edit: "Many people are saying" - did you lift that from Trump or one of the Trumplings? That's one of their favorite phrases and doesn't serve as proof, but it sounds great if one isn't thinking about the meaning. I also think there are always "anomalies", but short of analyzing what those are and why they might exist, mentioning them doesn't serve as proof. (Even more so with a vague reference to unidentified - let alone unnamed - sources.) Also, your repost of Big Orange Ego's tweet about large numbers of votes registering can probably be explained by something simple: like a big urban county sending it's vote tally or a process restarting. IDK, seems like the election ran pretty much like all elections do AND most telling of all, the court challenges are basically going no where, so I'm disinclined to put much energy into the claims of someone with a bruised ego.

But hey, if your real message is that you hate people on the left, we got that one a long time ago.
Last edited by xianjiro on November 21st, 2020, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 3:28 am

Dolwphin wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:08 pm

sorry, opted for the lavender one years ago - it renders the blue and red pills useless no matter how many you take

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 3:30 am

sebby wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:22 pm

I believe I gave the correct response here

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 3:32 am

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 9:00 pm
Biden is once again asking for your financial support

politicians ALWAYS have their hand out. The number one reason I won't ever donate to political campaign is as soon as you do, they just use the money to ask you for more. They're like kids for whom there are never enough cookies.

sol can find me here

sebby

Post by sebby » November 21st, 2020, 4:36 am

I agree. It saddens me how much money these fuckers get -- give that money instead to an org that provides mosquito nets or clean water filtration (jus 2 examples) to areas of the world where the lack of these things fucking kills people. Grrrr arrrggh

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 6:00 am

I've been trying to understand the flow of money through this past election cycle, especially given how much was collected and spent, without enough 'success' to show for it all. But even that isn't easy. Oh, I'm sure someone, somewhere crunches the numbers and publishes to an academic journal or something - I need to try and track that down - but we really should be talking about the political-industrial complex. It's so very disgusting. I've seen some interesting suggestions for how to change the landscape, but nothing really seems doable in the US - not sure anything has worked anywhere and I'm not doe-eyed enough to believe the politicians in any other country are any better.

Corruption is part of the human condition.

sol can find me here

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » November 21st, 2020, 6:19 am

xianjiro wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:00 am
I've been trying to understand the flow of money through this past election cycle, especially given how much was collected and spent, without enough 'success' to show for it all. But even that isn't easy. Oh, I'm sure someone, somewhere crunches the numbers and publishes to an academic journal or something - I need to try and track that down -
Honestly, I'd bet against that. I'd put my money (pun mostly intended, I think) on the fact that no one anywhere is tracking it. There's a reason they call it "dark money" (among several) - the necessary data are behind so many proprietary/confidential/classified firewalls no one could get access to everything.

I know this isn't real "evidence", but my train of thought is basically that if it existed, you'd have heard about it. If a citizen data scientist could do it? It'd be viral already. If a journal could do it (the mostly likely option, IMHO), it would (or will) make front page of [publication] and then be picked up everywhere. If an academic could do it, it'd be published and would be picked up by a journalist (tenure is a powerful motivator).

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 6:33 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:19 am
xianjiro wrote:
I've been trying to understand the flow of money through this past election cycle, especially given how much was collected and spent, without enough 'success' to show for it all. But even that isn't easy. Oh, I'm sure someone, somewhere crunches the numbers and publishes to an academic journal or something - I need to try and track that down -
Honestly, I'd bet against that. I'd put my money (pun mostly intended, I think) on the fact that no one anywhere is tracking it. There's a reason they call it "dark money" (among several) - the necessary data are behind so many proprietary/confidential/classified firewalls no one could get access to everything.

I know this isn't real "evidence", but my train of thought is basically that if it existed, you'd have heard about it. If a citizen data scientist could do it? It'd be viral already. If a journal could do it (the mostly likely option, IMHO), it would (or will) make front page of [publication] and then be picked up everywhere. If an academic could do it, it'd be published and would be picked up by a journalist (tenure is a powerful motivator).
I get where you're going, but I'm not talking about so-called "dark money", I'm just trying to understand the flow of funds through the various national official democratic channels. All this gets reported to the FEC and is available on their website, but it can be really difficult to find what you are looking for since you kind of need to know the organization's correct name or be willing to search through lots and lots of hits if you try something generic like "democrat" or "demo". Plus, I think reports are due fairly frequently but I've yet to get a sense of that even.

So yes, there are some big picture types of reports that will filter through the national media though again, I've no idea how those end up there. But I think your point is spot on in the sense that neither party is going to be forthcoming with their own financials and certainly would be proprietary about whatever data they process about the other party.

One of the big questions for which I really want a better sense of the truth is how much money, when donated to various national fundraising apparatus, is actually shifted to down-stream candidates. My fear is that national parties are largely keeping it for themselves and to spend on a handful of 'competitive' races. But I also get a strong sense that various levels of the parties are now just as concerned with how good a fundraiser a given candidate is as much as they are concerned about their stand on issues (and given both parties are really "big tents", they've not been too eager to require candidates to agree to very much).

sol can find me here

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson » November 21st, 2020, 6:42 am

xianjiro wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 3:28 am
Dolwphin wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:08 pm

sorry, opted for the lavender one years ago - it renders the blue and red pills useless no matter how many you take
Haha dope

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » November 21st, 2020, 6:48 am

xianjiro wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:33 am
maxwelldeux wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 6:19 am
xianjiro wrote:

I get where you're going, but I'm not talking about so-called "dark money", I'm just trying to understand the flow of funds through the various national official democratic channels. All this gets reported to the FEC and is available on their website, but it can be really difficult to find what you are looking for since you kind of need to know the organization's correct name or be willing to search through lots and lots of hits if you try something generic like "democrat" or "demo". Plus, I think reports are due fairly frequently but I've yet to get a sense of that even.

So yes, there are some big picture types of reports that will filter through the national media though again, I've no idea how those end up there. But I think your point is spot on in the sense that neither party is going to be forthcoming with their own financials and certainly would be proprietary about whatever data they process about the other party.

One of the big questions for which I really want a better sense of the truth is how much money, when donated to various national fundraising apparatus, is actually shifted to down-stream candidates. My fear is that national parties are largely keeping it for themselves and to spend on a handful of 'competitive' races. But I also get a strong sense that various levels of the parties are now just as concerned with how good a fundraiser a given candidate is as much as they are concerned about their stand on issues (and given both parties are really "big tents", they've not been too eager to require candidates to agree to very much).
I get you now - yeah, even the publicly reported data is able to be obfuscated enough that it's hard to report on. #Murica

But yeah - I think I'd agree with your fear that not a lot of money is flowing downstream. There are a lot of small little bits of evidence that I think point to some of that (I'm too lazy to pull up sources), but it's something else that makes a lot of logical sense. It's just sad how much money matters.

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 21st, 2020, 8:27 am

Some people say that Republican election officials have stolen the election from Trump in Georgia! They accomplished it by hacking Vermonts utility grid according to True News. :o

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 8:57 am

Question is, what does Georgia's law allow and require? Just because one thinks this should or shouldn't happen, even when one becomes pResident of the US, doesn't necessarily change the facts on the ground.

It also seems some republican'ts are starting to see a post-tRump world and methinks are preparing for their own futures.

Hundreds of thousands? Talk about grasping, but that's the nice thing about myths: grasp away.

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 10:13 am

speaking writing of corruption in politics, it seems there is plenty of sin in Cincinnati

money quote (pun recognized):
In November and December 2018, Sittenfeld promised he could “deliver the votes” in city council to support a development project in exchange for four $5,000 contributions to his PAC, prosecutors said. He accepted the checks in September and October 2019, they said.

sol can find me here

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 21st, 2020, 7:32 pm

STOP THE STEAL!

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 8:41 pm

sebby wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 11:22 pm

Whichever it is, he doesn't seem interested in actually engaging in conversation and sure seems to have Trump's best interests at heart.

sol can find me here

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 21st, 2020, 9:01 pm

Wonder if Our Supreme Tweeter has started an account on Parler yet - I hear it's the go to place now to whine about censorship in liberal media and liberal big tech.

sol can find me here

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » November 21st, 2020, 9:27 pm

sebby wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 10:46 pm
I can confirm that he is. Roll away the guillotine.
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists:
SpoilerShow
ANARCHISTS, 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards
youtube channels

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » November 21st, 2020, 11:46 pm

Congrats Mr. President on surpassing Taylor Swift in number of followers! Trump is now 6th most followed account on Twitter. He should be surpassing Cristiano Ronaldo soon with all his quality tweeting he has done lately.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 22nd, 2020, 12:38 am

Just when you thought you'd had enough crazy for one month/year/lifetime, wait, there's more - have at it, kids.

Seems there is a road to a Schumer, Pelosi, and Biden Triumvirate which is the prelude to an inevitable communist Empress AOC! (I'm not holding my breath, but anything can happen when the cannibals are hungry for fresh meat.)
:circle:

sol can find me here