Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 2019 (Results), Mini-series (Feb 29th), 2009 awards (Mar 3rd), Favorite Movies (Mar 21st), Doubling the Canon (Mar ??)
Challenges: Academy Awards, Africa, African American/Blaxploitation
Film of the Week: Doa al karawan, March nominations (Feb 28th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1D: Australia vs Hungary vs Portugal vs Tajikistan (Mar 1st), 1E: Czechia vs France vs Georgia vs Mexico (Mar 18th)

Technical Support

Post Reply
User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 19597
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

Re: Technical Support

#1641

Post by Pretentious Hipster » January 22nd, 2020, 5:21 pm

So I noticed that my isp never modernized the prices, and I was able to get a faster speed for $20 a month less. I just had to buy a new modem. Right when the modem got activated I've been having problems.

It works when I plug it directly into a laptop. All devices won't connect to it wirelessly. There's a dns error. It doesn't work if I connect the router, and then go from router to laptop with wires. I tried everything. Doing ipconfig and netsh on the command prompt. Changing the MAC clone. Power cycling. Factory reset of both the router and the modem. Even using my old router to see if it was an issue with the newer router.

My isp played around with it with me for an hour (simple stuff) and then they said they had no clue what to do and to call the router company. The router company just straight up said it's not on them because another router doesn't work either.

I'm seriously on the edge of calling on-site support, but having no money as I chose to get a tattoo recently, and my mother refusing to help pay for this I'm at a loss. Any help?

EDIT: I did the 8.8.8.8 DNS thingy on both the network sharing centre and the router settings too.

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 19597
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#1642

Post by Pretentious Hipster » January 22nd, 2020, 11:20 pm

I'm going to change isps. I somehow knew more of how to fix something than tech support did. They literally just said power cycle and reset to factory settings and then gave up. There was also one VERY bad glitch.

I logged onto my isp account. I somehow ended up in someone else's account. I could have changed that person's plans if I wanted to.

User avatar
funkybusiness
Donator
Posts: 10613
Joined: Jan 22, 2013
Contact:

#1643

Post by funkybusiness » January 22nd, 2020, 11:34 pm

yikes

I don't know much about routers but I did have an issue a long time ago with a modem not being set to forward its signal to the router. that's all I got.

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 19597
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#1644

Post by Pretentious Hipster » January 23rd, 2020, 4:38 pm

Fixed it! The isp did a hard reset and then I had to do some mac cloning.

User avatar
Tim2460
Posts: 1236
Joined: Oct 01, 2018
Location: Dijon, France
Contact:

#1645

Post by Tim2460 » January 23rd, 2020, 4:54 pm

So you'll change ISP anyway ? ;)

User avatar
Pretentious Hipster
Donator
Posts: 19597
Joined: Oct 24, 2011
Contact:

#1646

Post by Pretentious Hipster » January 23rd, 2020, 5:12 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
January 23rd, 2020, 4:54 pm
So you'll change ISP anyway ? ;)
Thinking about it. That wrong user glitch really scares me.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 30655
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1647

Post by joachimt » February 14th, 2020, 7:07 pm

Does anybody know a way to export a list from Justwatch? I want all the 925 titles from this page in Excel:
https://www.justwatch.com/nl/provider/a ... deo/movies

Or is there a similar site that let's you export the search results of a VOD-service?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7662
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#1648

Post by maxwelldeux » February 14th, 2020, 9:45 pm

joachimt wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 7:07 pm
Does anybody know a way to export a list from Justwatch? I want all the 925 titles from this page in Excel:
https://www.justwatch.com/nl/provider/a ... deo/movies

Or is there a similar site that let's you export the search results of a VOD-service?
I've worked to find a way pretty hard on both Justwatch and Trakt (which uses Justwatch data), and haven't found a way yet. I also looked and failed at Reelgood in the past, though it's been a while there.

Depending on your purpose, I have a workaround, but likely not.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 30655
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1649

Post by joachimt » February 15th, 2020, 7:35 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
February 14th, 2020, 9:45 pm
Depending on your purpose, I have a workaround, but likely not.
What do you mean by this?

My purpose is to check this list with the same list on MovieMeter:
https://www.moviemeter.nl/amazon/full
For a while movies are on that list, which are not on Dutch prime, but in other countries. I want to compare the two to find out which movies should be removed from the list on MM.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7662
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#1650

Post by maxwelldeux » February 15th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Ah - yeah, I can't help with that.

My main purpose has been "which official checks are available on service X", which I've made a workaround for. I've done a few other related things, but nothing like what you're talking about.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 30655
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#1651

Post by joachimt » February 15th, 2020, 8:00 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Ah - yeah, I can't help with that.

My main purpose has been "which official checks are available on service X", which I've made a workaround for. I've done a few other related things, but nothing like what you're talking about.
That's exactly what I'm using the list on MM for. I export that every month (and other VODs as well) and create an iCM-list out of it. But since the MM-list has been flawed for a few months now, I want to figure it out, so they can fix it.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7662
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#1652

Post by maxwelldeux » February 15th, 2020, 10:12 pm

joachimt wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 8:00 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
February 15th, 2020, 6:50 pm
Ah - yeah, I can't help with that.

My main purpose has been "which official checks are available on service X", which I've made a workaround for. I've done a few other related things, but nothing like what you're talking about.
That's exactly what I'm using the list on MM for. I export that every month (and other VODs as well) and create an iCM-list out of it. But since the MM-list has been flawed for a few months now, I want to figure it out, so they can fix it.
I've recreated the official lists I'm working on/interested in on Trakt.tv, which works off JustWatch data. This allows me to do 2 things: 1. Go to a specific list and see what's available on service XXX, or 2. do a search and I can see at a glance which films are official (because I'm only maintaining "Official" lists on trakt). Trakt will localize to the same countries as JustWatch, so it's a bit more globally relevant now.

I'm not saying that's the best option, but it's been working for me for a while.

Post Reply