Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 2007 (Results), 2017 awards (Dec 21st), 1955 (Dec 27th), Directors (Dec 31st), Underrated (Jan 3rd), Knockout competition (Round 5)
Challenges: Documentary, Travel the World, Italy
Film of the Week: Le septième juré, December nominations (Dec 27th)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1A: Canada vs England vs Estonia vs Iran (Dec 29th)

US Politics thread

St. Gloede

Re: US Politics thread

Post by St. Gloede » November 30th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Cippenham wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 1:04 pm
It is a bit ironic that in Hong Kong they wave the US flag but in the US the left promote communism. If people get communism believe me no more freedom
Who promotes communism in the US? Even the DSA doesn't promote communism. What major forces are you referring to? Be honest.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » November 30th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Cippenham wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 3:32 pm
If the right left their way any protests would be ruthlessly suppressed.
Cipp, you refer to your high IQ, but still say extremely dumb and untrue things - repeatedly. Why?

You lived in Britain under both Wilson and Thatcher, did you not?

Now, who was it that ruthlessly suppressed protestors?

We can find a number of countries with left-wing majorities that do not have a record of ruthlessly suppressing protests, and we can find a number of countries with right-wing governments that have done just that - including the people you support in the Bolivian coup.

-

Why am I even clarifying this to you?

You always spew nonsense to get a rise out of people.

You are a troll.

You are not an honest person.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » November 30th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Cippenham wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 3:55 pm
DiCaprio has been giving cash for people to light fires in the Amazon allegedly. If so he is an absolute disgrace.
Debunked bullshit, but hey, you go right ahead continuing to believe Brazil’s Trump or whatever random unsubstantiated social media postings that you get this “news” from.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 1st, 2019, 3:38 am

Is it debunked. By whom is it debunked, the President of Brazil says it is true. There is no actual evidence either way but if it is true it would not be surprising would it?

It’s an indication of the outlook of some people who would do anything to upset the reputation of people they don’t like

I got an award at work for being the most honest person. St G does not know me.

I am not saying in this case DeCaprio did this, and cannot know if it is true or not, but I am saying it would not be surprising if it was.

Kublai Khan

Post by Kublai Khan » December 1st, 2019, 3:51 am

It's like you try to decide what's true based on how you feel about the people involved, instead of something more empirical. Like facts.

It's a giant step backwards in civilization.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » December 1st, 2019, 8:02 am

Cippenham wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 3:38 am
It’s an indication of the outlook of some people who would do anything to upset the reputation of people they don’t like
This describes exactly what the Brazilian president is trying to do to DiCaprio and environmental organizations, no?

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » December 1st, 2019, 8:06 am

Cippenham wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 3:38 am
I got an award at work for being the most honest person.
:lol: :lol: This itself sounds like a lie...oh yeah, you know how workplaces give out those “most honest person” awards all the time, ‘cuz that’s totally a thing? Lol. Yeah, you sure put your alleged high IQ and ironclad honesty on full display on this board, uh huh.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 1st, 2019, 9:04 am

It’s not alleged.

Try this experiment. Search Joe Biden in Google and you see many reasons why he is not suitable to be President yet he is still a front runner. Ask why Republicans think Trump is better than Lincoln, he is not by the way, and yet Democrats want to impeach him but will not succeed. He is likely to be re elected

Ask why are Democrats getting it all wrong

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 1st, 2019, 10:00 am

Apparently a trial in the Senate is likely now in January, Republicans will argue a quid pro quo is normal in foreign policy and no reason to remove the President. The January trial will also be tough on senators running for President or supporting those that do,

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » December 2nd, 2019, 11:28 am

Joe Sestak drops out of the race. Steve Bullock drops out of the race. 16 candidates left.
Top 300 | https://rateyourmusic.com/~Dolwphin

Member of the Experimental Mafia.

matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 » December 2nd, 2019, 12:11 pm

Cippenham wrote:
December 1st, 2019, 9:04 am
Ask why Republicans think Trump is better than Lincoln
they don't

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 2nd, 2019, 3:00 pm

An opinion poll had it 53 to 47. No one can be better than Lincoln obviously. You could argue between him and Washington I guess

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... an-lincoln

Joe Biden is saying even more crazy things, he is seriously not suitable for office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... s-leg-hair

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » December 2nd, 2019, 4:33 pm

He might make great films, but he's a fucking idiot

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 2nd, 2019, 6:13 pm

Can he get any votes though . Bloomberg.
Last edited by Cippenham on December 2nd, 2019, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 2nd, 2019, 6:15 pm

So orange man bad. Anything wearing blue is better. Hmmm. Welcome to the corporate elites rule. Trump arrives in the Uk , let’s hope he keeps quiet. Doubtful.

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » December 2nd, 2019, 7:16 pm

All the comments seem to agree, with many hilariously saying "vote blue no matter who... except for Bernie".

America depended on centrists/right-wing-leaning democrats for decades now and look where that lead them. A pattern between them and far-right idiots, with those right-wingers going further right every time. If Bloomberg, Biden, or Buttigieg win, it'll just continue the same pattern of them being shitty presidents continuing wars and tax breaks for corporations and all that, and it will lead to an even worse far-right president that will convince people that they're anti-establishment.

You wanna break the pattern? Vote for someone who's actually part of the left.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 3rd, 2019, 12:21 pm

If you want to break the pattern vote for Trump

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » December 3rd, 2019, 12:29 pm

He is already the president, and fully maintaining the pattern.

Stop trolling.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » December 3rd, 2019, 12:32 pm

Cippenham wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 12:21 pm
If you want to break the pattern vote for Trump
Or Deez Nuts. If you want to make a mockery of politics, why not go all the way, right?

Pretentious Hipster
Donator

Post by Pretentious Hipster » December 3rd, 2019, 3:14 pm

Someone told me that Tom Cotton might be the next republican person running and he seems worse than Trump. He said that the country doesn't have enough prisoners.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » December 3rd, 2019, 3:50 pm

Pretentious Hipster wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 3:14 pm
Someone told me that Tom Cotton might be the next republican person running and he seems worse than Trump. He said that the country doesn't have enough prisoners.
Yeah, reading about Cotton is pretty frightening. Wonder how many war crimes he committed in Iraq and Afghanistan? He sure seems the type.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 3rd, 2019, 5:02 pm

Trump is the disruptive element the only one on the side of decent working people against the elites. What they hate most is he is against wars actually.

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » December 3rd, 2019, 6:50 pm

Kamala Harris drops out of the race. 15 candidates left.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » December 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm

Cippenham wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 5:02 pm
The only one on the side of decent working people against the elites
He won because he made them believe that. That's something entirely different of course.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » December 3rd, 2019, 6:57 pm

Dolwphin wrote:
December 3rd, 2019, 6:50 pm
Kamala Harris drops out of the race. 15 candidates left.
Finally a "big" name drops out. Not too surprising I guess since there's been so much talk recently about her campaign unraveling, plus her polling was never gonna go anywhere but down. Anyways...good. She was a crappy candidate.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » December 3rd, 2019, 7:17 pm

14 candidates have dropped out so far. The field is slowly narrowing down ahead of Iowa.

Qualified for 6th debate: Biden, Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, Klobuchar & Steyer
Close to qualifying: Gabbard & Yang (1+ poll needed)

Bloomberg at 4 % after casually spending 30M on an ad-buy.

Losers still running: Bennet. Booker. Castro. Delaney. Patrick. Williamson.

sebby

Post by sebby » December 4th, 2019, 1:22 am

Cippenham wrote:
Trump is the disruptive element the only one on the side of decent working people against the elites. What they hate most is he is against wars actually.
Must be why the elites worked so damn hard to get him in and are profiting tremendously from his presence in the OO :rolleyes:

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 4th, 2019, 5:08 am

sebby wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 1:22 am
Cippenham wrote:
Must be why the elites worked so damn hard to get him in and are profiting tremendously from his presence in the OO :rolleyes:
No. They support his impeachment.

sebby

Post by sebby » December 4th, 2019, 5:47 am

Cippenham wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 5:08 am
sebby wrote:
Cippenham wrote:
Once again you're talking nonsense. Look at all the mega-rich donors who got a spot in Trump's inner circle, a job, illegal access to information, etc -- the Adelsons, Robert Murray, Bernie Marcus, Robert Mercer, Peter Thiel. Joseph Craft donated a million dollars and just like that his wife gets a job as ambassador to Canada. Linda McMahon donates 6 million and gets a cabinet position. These people benefit greatly from a Trump presidency. He keeps their tax loopholes wide open, he slashed dozens of environmental safeguards so that mega millionaires and billionaires could continue to rape the earth and benefit financially. This is GOP 101 stuff. Why do i need to explain it to you? Are you so stubbornly going to keep yourself so woefully uninformed that you won't even follow the money to draw a conclusion that even conservatives admit to? Really?

Kublai Khan

Post by Kublai Khan » December 4th, 2019, 11:52 am

Didn't Trump say that when he's in office, the US will no longer be a laughingstock? Even Boris Johnson is in on mocking us.

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » December 4th, 2019, 7:18 pm

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 4th, 2019, 8:06 pm

sebby wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 5:47 am
Cippenham wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 5:08 am
sebby wrote:

Once again you're talking nonsense. Look at all the mega-rich donors who got a spot in Trump's inner circle, a job, illegal access to information, etc -- the Adelsons, Robert Murray, Bernie Marcus, Robert Mercer, Peter Thiel. Joseph Craft donated a million dollars and just like that his wife gets a job as ambassador to Canada. Linda McMahon donates 6 million and gets a cabinet position. These people benefit greatly from a Trump presidency. He keeps their tax loopholes wide open, he slashed dozens of environmental safeguards so that mega millionaires and billionaires could continue to rape the earth and benefit financially. This is GOP 101 stuff. Why do i need to explain it to you? Are you so stubbornly going to keep yourself so woefully uninformed that you won't even follow the money to draw a conclusion that even conservatives admit to? Really?
Once again you are talking nonsense. Look at the working people in former blue states who voted Trump. Look at the jobs he has created for them. Look at his efforts at stopping immigration, at stopping unfair trade by China, at stopping wars. These people benefit greatly from a Trump presidency. He keeps the taxes Low, gives them economic, border security and looks after their values. This is real change from previous Presidential actions. That is why the elite want rid of him . Why do I need to explain it to you, you keep yourself so woefully misinformed you will end up with supporting another elite candidate, maybe a Hillary will have another try.

Dolwphin

Post by Dolwphin » December 4th, 2019, 9:49 pm

More jobs have been outsourced under Trump.
The trade-war have resulted in more jobs lost than created.
Immigration was net-zero already during Obama. Immigrants commits less crimes than "Americans".
Casualties from drone strikes have gone up 400 % under Trump. Coup attempt in Venezuela. Coup in Bolivia. Increased the military budget obscenely.
Lowered corporate tax, estate tax and helped the 1 %. Average people gets an effective tax Increase over 10 years.

Trump is a Status Quo President.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 4th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Even Merkel Trudeau Johnson and Macron, leaders of liberal elite all want Trump out, indicating again he is a threat to the elites. Quite clear they are possibly colluding with Democrats. He may say ok we only defend Europe countries contributing 3 per cent to defence, others are on their own .

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » December 4th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Trump is the agent for change, against the elitist Democrats and the liberal left agenda. The American people know it. You guys don’t get it.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » December 4th, 2019, 11:29 pm

Cippenham wrote:
December 4th, 2019, 11:03 pm
The American people know it. You guys don’t get it.
Oh, fuck off with this. You don’t know shit about the U.S., Cipp.

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd