Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)

Technical Support

blueboybob
Donator

Re: Technical Support

Post by blueboybob » June 24th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Try unlcoker on it https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sy ... cker.shtml

also hit f5 to refresh the window with the file

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » June 24th, 2019, 7:22 pm

blueboybob wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Unlocker took care of it. Thanks Bobby!
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » June 30th, 2019, 4:34 am

Lammetje wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 7:22 pm
blueboybob wrote:
June 24th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Unlocker took care of it. Thanks Bobby!
You also probably could have just restarted your computer to delete it. Sometimes the OS hangs onto a filehandle for various reasons, but a restart releases them.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 30th, 2019, 6:24 pm

Is there a way to filter the ratings of a user on IMDb, meaning not your own ratings?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » June 30th, 2019, 6:38 pm

Apparently not.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 30th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Thought so. Couldn't find it as well.

PdA just voted for 985 movies in the animation poll. I was curious to see how many movies he actually rated with the animation tag. Probably about the same amount. But couldn't figure out how to filter his ratings. It's also impossible to export someone else's ratings, as far as I can see.

Oh wait, on the profile page there is a ratings analysis. It says 1898 animated movies.
ICM-profile

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 3rd, 2019, 4:55 am

Excel question.

I want to use AVERAGEIF over multiple columns but it doesn't appear to work. =AVERAGEIF(Sheet1!F:F,Sheet3!A2, Sheet1!D:D) works, but if I expand the range to E:N I get an error. Do I have to add in each column separately or is there an easier workaround?
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 3rd, 2019, 5:43 am

mightysparks wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:55 am
Excel question.

I want to use AVERAGEIF over multiple columns but it doesn't appear to work. =AVERAGEIF(Sheet1!F:F,Sheet3!A2, Sheet1!D:D) works, but if I expand the range to E:N I get an error. Do I have to add in each column separately or is there an easier workaround?
Wait - which part of that formula are you expanding to E:N? I want to make sure I understand what you're trying to do.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » July 3rd, 2019, 5:50 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 5:43 am
mightysparks wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:55 am
Excel question.

Wait - which part of that formula are you expanding to E:N? I want to make sure I understand what you're trying to do.
Sorry, the F:F bit.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 3rd, 2019, 8:19 am

There's likely a way to do it with array formulas, but I'm not quite awake enough to work that out at 1am. Otherwise, I think you're stuck with an averageifs formula repeating for each column.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » July 3rd, 2019, 4:04 pm

Right I think array formula would work. Maybe combine SUMIF() and COUNTIF()s?

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » July 3rd, 2019, 5:05 pm

weirdboy wrote:
July 3rd, 2019, 4:04 pm
Right I think array formula would work. Maybe combine SUMIF() and COUNTIF()s?
I took a minute and tried this out. Using a rectangular selection (e.g. A1:G75) I was able to just do SUMIF()/COUNTIF() without an array formula.

However I'm not sure if my test case matches what you were trying to do.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 11th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Having some issues with my wired internet... anybody see a problem?

The ProblemShow

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » July 11th, 2019, 7:42 pm

my aunt has that same couch.

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » July 27th, 2019, 1:39 am

Probably just me being dumb, but I wanted to work on my 500<400 list for 2019 and so went to the 2018 nomination thread to grab the link that provides eligible films I've rated on IMDb. I changed the year restriction from 2016 to 2017 and wound up with this as a url. But when I try to use it, I'm finding the list it generates contains films that have well over 400 checks, e.g. The King of Kong and Man With a Movie Camera. Any idea where I'm going wrong? It must be something obvious but I'm drawing a blank. Do the list filters need to be updated or something like that?

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » July 27th, 2019, 1:48 am

Leopardi wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 1:39 am
Probably just me being dumb, but I wanted to work on my 500<400 list for 2019 and so went to the 2018 nomination thread to grab the link that provides eligible films I've rated on IMDb. I changed the year restriction from 2016 to 2017 and wound up with this as a url. But when I try to use it, I'm finding the list it generates contains films that have well over 400 checks, e.g. The King of Kong and Man With a Movie Camera. Any idea where I'm going wrong? It must be something obvious but I'm drawing a blank. Do the list filters need to be updated or something like that?
Yeah some docs won't be caught by the filter because I had to remove them from the main "over 400 checks" list for them to not show up on the genre lists. I'll put them back on the secondary list where they're not a problem before I start the nominations thread. Only docs are affected. You can add this list: ls058821716 to the filter to take them out, but it'll also take out some miniseries.

So if you don't want to wait you can use
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?coun ... iew=simple
for miniseries, and

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?coun ... iew=simple
For everything else

Leopardi
Donator

Post by Leopardi » July 27th, 2019, 1:59 am

Ah, that explains it, thanks! And thanks for those workaround links - they'll work just fine for me, I believe.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

Does anyone know if an adapter from lightning to jack exists? When I search for it, all I get is jack to lightning.

With my new iPhone 7 I got headphones with lightning and the device only has lightning input. Annoying, but whatever, I'm very happy with my iPhone apart from this. I already have a lightning splitter so I can charge and listen to music at the same time. Very handy at work, for example. But at work, I often want to listen to something on my laptop, but the headphones don't fit in the laptop. So I either should take a second set of headphones with jack to work or I should have an adapter. I just can't find that adapter, only the other way around.
ICM-profile

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 2nd, 2019, 11:03 pm

Doesn't look like it: https://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/975651

Probably a second set of headphone would be easiest.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 3rd, 2019, 12:18 pm

Does anyone have experience with TreeSize? I want to get rid of unnecessary files in order to save disk space, but this tool has many functions so I don't know where to start. Any advice is welcome.

I already tried CCleaner and Windows Disk Cleanup by the way. Both have been useful to some extent, but I have the feeling that there's much more free space to gain (especially in the Windows folder).

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
flaiky wrote::o :satstunned: :guns: :down: :facepalm: :yucky: :mw_confused: :pinch: :ph43r: :ermm: :sweat: :folded: tehe :cowbow: :think: :finger: :rip:
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 8th, 2019, 3:16 am

joachimt wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm
Does anyone know if an adapter from lightning to jack exists? When I search for it, all I get is jack to lightning.

With my new iPhone 7 I got headphones with lightning and the device only has lightning input. Annoying, but whatever, I'm very happy with my iPhone apart from this. I already have a lightning splitter so I can charge and listen to music at the same time. Very handy at work, for example. But at work, I often want to listen to something on my laptop, but the headphones don't fit in the laptop. So I either should take a second set of headphones with jack to work or I should have an adapter. I just can't find that adapter, only the other way around.
You mean something like this Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter ?
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 8th, 2019, 5:08 am

No, the other way.
ICM-profile

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 8th, 2019, 10:57 am

Lammetje wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 12:18 pm
Does anyone have experience with TreeSize? I want to get rid of unnecessary files in order to save disk space, but this tool has many functions so I don't know where to start. Any advice is welcome.

I already tried CCleaner and Windows Disk Cleanup by the way. Both have been useful to some extent, but I have the feeling that there's much more free space to gain (especially in the Windows folder).
Haven't saw this one passing

Treesize is very cool and very efficient tool to use on productio nenvironement, mainly to monitor where to find space to free on almost full servers ,)

On a home context... why not but you really need to know what's your doing if you delete files on the windows tree...
You can setup it to monitor the size an tree takes or a number of files.

I would guess you're more interested on the size, but number of filles are also interesting on certain servers ..

Let us know what you want to delete on the windows directory BEFORE we loose you for ever if you crash your PC hehe.

Do you have your boot disk on a small ssd ?

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 8th, 2019, 11:53 am

When exporting from ICM, is there no way to show which genres the film has ?

I want to filter documentaries which have a romance tag on them but can't find an efficient way to do it.
Also documentaries from a certain country would be nice to know how to do.
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » August 8th, 2019, 3:10 pm

joachimt wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 5:08 am
No, the other way.
Ah, gotcha! Looks like you may have to go with a set of headphones with an audio jack at the end and then use an adapter like the one I linked to to make it work with your iPhone. I can't find anything that goes the other way.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 8th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Coryn wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 11:53 am

I want to filter documentaries which have a romance tag on them but can't find an efficient way to do it.
Apart from the separator icl export isn't very configure-able....

Using IMDB tags on my main excel sheet... finding BOTH romance and doc prooves difficult and it only gives thoses 8 docs :

Sherman's.March 1985 movie 7.4 157 Documentary,.Biography,.Comedy,.Romance
Dokfa.nai.meuman 2000 Mysterious.Object.at.Noon movie 7 83 Documentary,.Drama,.Fantasy,.Mystery,.Romance,.Sci-Fi
La.bocca.del.lupo 2009 The.Mouth.of.the.Wolf movie 6.8 68 Documentary,.Biography,.Drama,.Romance
Surname.Viet.Given.Name.Nam 1989 movie 6.5 108 Documentary,.History,.Romance,.War
A.Constant.Forge 2000 movie 7.4 200 Documentary,.Biography,.Romance
Superdyke.Meets.Madame.X 1976 short 6 19 Documentary,.Short,.Romance
Film.ist.a.Girl.&.a.Gun 2009 Film.Is.a.Girl.&.a.Gun movie 7.5 93 Documentary,.History,.Romance,.War
Plaisir.d'amour.en.Iran 1976 The.Pleasure.of.Love.in.Iran short 6.3 6 Documentary,.Short,.Romance

Coryn

Post by Coryn » August 8th, 2019, 4:30 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 3:33 pm
Coryn wrote:

Apart from the separator icl export isn't very configure-able....

Using IMDB tags on my main excel sheet... finding BOTH romance and doc prooves difficult and it only gives thoses 8 docs :

Sherman's.March 1985 movie 7.4 157 Documentary,.Biography,.Comedy,.Romance
Dokfa.nai.meuman 2000 Mysterious.Object.at.Noon movie 7 83 Documentary,.Drama,.Fantasy,.Mystery,.Romance,.Sci-Fi
La.bocca.del.lupo 2009 The.Mouth.of.the.Wolf movie 6.8 68 Documentary,.Biography,.Drama,.Romance
Surname.Viet.Given.Name.Nam 1989 movie 6.5 108 Documentary,.History,.Romance,.War
A.Constant.Forge 2000 movie 7.4 200 Documentary,.Biography,.Romance
Superdyke.Meets.Madame.X 1976 short 6 19 Documentary,.Short,.Romance
Film.ist.a.Girl.&.a.Gun 2009 Film.Is.a.Girl.&.a.Gun movie 7.5 93 Documentary,.History,.Romance,.War
Plaisir.d'amour.en.Iran 1976 The.Pleasure.of.Love.in.Iran short 6.3 6 Documentary,.Short,.Romance
I've been fooling around a bit but nothing that worked yet. Are these all movies in official lists?
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 8th, 2019, 5:54 pm

Coryn wrote:

Best way I've found is trakt.tv, but it's a paid feature. But I'm happy to query anything... here's Romance Docs:

https://trakt.tv/search/movies/?genres= ... y,+romance

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 9th, 2019, 5:50 am

The export in the beta has genre included. I think it already works on your checks, not on lists yet.
ICM-profile

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 9th, 2019, 9:07 am

Thx for the info Joachim i'll take a look :

The genre are the same as the imdb genres ?
And the killer feature would be to be able to export Directors as well ... i make dual IMDB/ICM lists exports mainly for AKA Titles from ICM and Directores from IMDB.

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 9th, 2019, 9:16 am

But wait .....

Directors are already include from the beta exports ,)

The checked export tail of line includes :

genres directors
Drama, Mystery Michael Tolkin

And to answer my question... genre are the same as IMDB :

Dernier sacrifice (1991)
The Rapture (original title)
16 | 1h 40min | Drama, Mystery | 20 October 1993 (France)
Dernier sacrifice Poster
Trailer
1:52 | Trailer
1 VIDEO | 15 IMAGES
On Disc

Director: Michael Tolkin

Let's hope the export for lists beta is next to be programmed...
We would need a new version of the list extractor that points to the beta site then ...

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 9th, 2019, 9:25 am

I was unable to locate the list extractor from the beta site but the page is quite cool as it is already.

Only other infos i grabb from IMDB that are not on ICM or not on the export so far are the Media type and IMDB Note and IMDB Release date (but the last 2 aren't even stored @ ICM or are invisible from the old and beta film recap Page).

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 9th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Tim2460 wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 10:57 am
Lammetje wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 12:18 pm

Haven't saw this one passing

Treesize is very cool and very efficient tool to use on productio nenvironement, mainly to monitor where to find space to free on almost full servers ,)

On a home context... why not but you really need to know what's your doing if you delete files on the windows tree...
You can setup it to monitor the size an tree takes or a number of files.

I would guess you're more interested on the size, but number of filles are also interesting on certain servers ..

Let us know what you want to delete on the windows directory BEFORE we loose you for ever if you crash your PC hehe.

Do you have your boot disk on a small ssd ?
Thanks! Actually, I think I found a few files in the ProgramData folder that probably can be deleted:

I already got rid of a few more .exe installation files that were stored there. I reckon I can safely get rid of things like Dropbox.exe and Telegram.exe in C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\ as well?

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 9th, 2019, 10:08 pm

hmmm not really ;)

Best practice is to uninstall the programs ... not deleting them by hand ...

if uninstalled properly you can then delete the directories as they sometimes don't get deleted completely... but you would gain only a few KB usualy

btw on the uninstall window you can usualy sort the installed programs by size... so if you don't use huge ones ... uninstall

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » August 9th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Whoops, these are not installation files! So yeah, I won't delete them then. :$

Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 » August 10th, 2019, 5:24 am

97% of the time the installation files stays in "My Download" directory.

Main exeption seems to be old and Maybe not so old AMD Drivers that likes to unzip on an Root directory before installing.... :guns:

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 19th, 2019, 6:25 pm

Does anyone know if/how I can share a Google Sheet so other people can view it, but not see my accountname? I just copied the share link to my work address. When I open this in a browser where I'm not logged in on Google, I see my Google avatar near the right top. When I hoover above it, I can see my full name. I don't want that. I want to share a sheet with people without them seeing my full name. Is that possible? I tried to find an answer, but no luck so far. Seems like the best option is to create a new Google-account with a fake name.
ICM-profile

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 19th, 2019, 6:41 pm

joachimt wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 6:25 pm
Does anyone know if/how I can share a Google Sheet so other people can view it, but not see my accountname? I just copied the share link to my work address. When I open this in a browser where I'm not logged in on Google, I see my Google avatar near the right top. When I hoover above it, I can see my full name. I don't want that. I want to share a sheet with people without them seeing my full name. Is that possible? I tried to find an answer, but no luck so far. Seems like the best option is to create a new Google-account with a fake name.
The FAQ section on Google Docs explicitly states that your name will be visible to people who view it: https://support.google.com/drive/answer ... nk_sharing

The Google Sheets version of the Year-by-Year template is shared under my social media google account where my name is Maxwell Maxwell, so I don't care if people see that name. I think you're stuck creating a new google identity.

albajos

Post by albajos » August 19th, 2019, 6:47 pm

You can freely change your google name to whatever in the account settings. Now that Google+ is gone it's probably even easier.

https://myaccount.google.com/personal-info?hl=en

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 19th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Maybe that's a good idea, albajos. It's just the name that is being shown and not the address. So I could change my google name to my first name.
ICM-profile