Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 1930s (Results), 1972 (Jun 18th), 1954 awards (Jun 22nd), 2010s (Jun 28th)
Challenges: 1950s, Eastern Europe, Banned Films
Film of the Week: Hands on a Hardbody: The Documentary, July nominations (Jun 28th)

The Dog Lounge

Good_Will_Harding

Re: The Dog Lounge

Post by Good_Will_Harding » October 24th, 2018, 2:33 am

The Frenchman was NOT happ at the realisation that he will not meet all his frens and dig lots of holes today, so a brutal negotiation follows.

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » October 24th, 2018, 4:37 am

id probably get a dog if i had bigger house and more money for its food
wasnt ready to commit to the 3 times out a day thing but now i would be i think

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » October 28th, 2018, 5:07 am

Well, after a hellish two weeks after losing my baby girl (during which I'm pretty sure I've cried multiple times every day), I have officially adopted a new baby girl.

Everyone, meet Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds:

She is about 6 months old, and a Great Pyrenees and bird Maremma Sheepdog mix. She's adorable and the biggest sweetheart I've ever met. She's been really good in her first day home and learning to get along with her brother (dog) and sister (cat). Her brother is pretty protective, but slowly warming up to her. Her sister is curious, but largely indifferent.

She's also a puppy and goofy, and I can't wait to see her personality start coming out. Y'all are probably going to get inundated with pictures. FYI.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » October 28th, 2018, 5:28 am

Nice, you get to say "Shut up, bird!" if she starts chirping barking incessantly, or does her problematic "Taiwan Tammy" character. 😁
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » October 28th, 2018, 5:42 am

GruesomeTwosome wrote: ↑
October 28th, 2018, 5:28 am
Nice, you get to say "Shut up, bird!" if she starts chirping barking incessantly, or does her problematic "Taiwan Tammy" character. 😁
I'm working hard to train her to stay off the crack... :cheers:

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » November 22nd, 2018, 2:09 am

[Full disclosure: This is going to be a short angry rant with a happy ending and a picture of a cute puppy]

A bar in town here is dog friendly and everyone there lets their dogs off leash to run and play around the bar. This is awesome and super fun - I've started bringing Sweet Dee here to keep her socialized with other dogs and have fun playing. It's all been great and gone super well.

Until today - the fucking piece of shit asshole beer distributor comes in and leaves the door wide open with access to the street. And my 7-month-old dog ran off. No warning to people in the bar, he just left the door open. So out I run, chasing and calling her. I had to call my wife to drive down. We're both freaking out, terrified we just lost our new baby. Fortunately, she ran back to the bar. But the fucking asshole distributor had the god damned audacity to tell me to "calm down, bro" when I was yelling at him for letting my dog run loose.

We got her back. Everyone is safe and happy now.

And here is Sweet Dee discovering the wonders of how fun playing under the bed is:

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » November 22nd, 2018, 2:41 am

(D:)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Good_Will_Harding

Post by Good_Will_Harding » December 5th, 2018, 5:33 am

To brighten your week, here's a nice compilation of the worst yet also somehow the best doggo out there; the irreplaceable Mr Bubz!

RBG

Post by RBG » December 5th, 2018, 6:23 am

mr bubz might be possessed
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 5th, 2018, 7:21 am

My puppy, Sweet Dee, is really damned cute, and I love her, therefore you all need to love her. You've seen her. You already love her. So here is a day in the life of a seven-month-old puppy:
Story, with tall picturesShow
Me, sitting in the floor. Enter Sweet Dee, adorably hopping up into my recliner without asking for the very first time:

Me: "Oh my god - this is so cute! I have to get a picture!" *snap*

Me: "Ugh. Sweet Dee. You turned your head. Look at me."

Me: "That was close... could you try being still?"

Me: "That was not still. Good god child."

Me: "And you're gone."

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » December 5th, 2018, 7:28 am

RBG wrote: ↑
December 5th, 2018, 6:23 am
mr bubz might be possessed
not a happy puppy

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 12th, 2018, 4:44 am

Wife and I got home today after being gone for about 4 hours to discover a crime had been committed in our house. Someone stole and destroyed our Christmas presents. You see, my parents mailed us a few presents in a box. This was gone. We were sad.

We immediately started investigating, starting with crime scene photos.

As you can see from this image, there was complete and total destruction. Looters had already been sifting through the rubble looking for anything they could scavenge.

Worse yet, we discovered a potential murder weapon at the scene (bottom). One clear victim was a 1000-piece puzzle, with pieces strewn across two rooms and a completely destroyed box.

So we began interviewing the suspects:

1. Roary Gilmore (felinus loudmouthicus): Although she had a motive (obviously) and opportunity, she lacked the means to commit the crime. She's less than half the size of the box and simply could not have caused that much destruction in that short of period.
Ms. Gilmore MugshotShow

2. Walter White (canis oldmanicus): After some initial questioning, Mr. White seemed to be willing to cooperate as a witness. With clear remorse for what happened and a long history of good behavior, he seemed an unlikely suspect.
Mr. White MugshotShow

3. Deandra "Sweet Dee" Reynolds (canis crackmonsterus): A new arrival on the scene, Ms. Reynolds acts sweet and innocent, but has a history of erratic behavior, including destruction of toilet paper and carpets, chewing daddy's head/arms/feet/butt, and chair thievery. Her mugshot even has her caught red-pawed in the latter crime.
Ms. Reynolds MugshotShow

Although the investigation is still pending and no arrests have been made, Ms. Reynolds has been named a puppy of interest in this crime.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » December 12th, 2018, 4:52 am

have you recently watched The Storm of the Century with Sweet Dee? might've taken some inspiration from her namesake (and relations) and began looting in a time of crisis.

also RIP that puzzle D;

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 12th, 2018, 5:20 am

funkybusiness wrote: ↑
December 12th, 2018, 4:52 am
have you recently watched The Storm of the Century with Sweet Dee? might've taken some inspiration from her namesake (and relations) and began looting in a time of crisis.

also RIP that puzzle D;
I'm actually planning to put the puzzle together to see just how many pieces are missing/eaten.

And haven't watched that one with her. Actually, not sure we've watched any of that show with her. I already accuse her of being a crack addict like her namesake. And her brother yells at her a lot. And she likes to root around in trash. And climb into weird spaces. And is only a video camera away from recording Project Badass videos. :circle: I think I need to ease her into learning about her Sunny family.

Related, it dawned on me a couple weeks ago that the very first thing we watched after my last dog passed away was The Gang Broke Dee. Which was a sadly hilarious transition in hindsight.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » December 12th, 2018, 5:23 am

but does your dog have a moped license plate that reads "$cammin"?

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 12th, 2018, 5:30 am

December 12th, 2018, 5:23 am
but does your dog have a moped license plate that reads "$cammin"?
No, she's a good girl. She's my Hundred Dollar Baby.

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » December 12th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Awesome post once again, Maxie. So glad to have you on this forum! :thumbsup: Have you noticed my updated signature by the way?
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 12th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Lammetje wrote: ↑
December 12th, 2018, 8:09 pm
Have you noticed my updated signature by the way?
I just saw it from your profile - that's funny. Now I just have to hope no one breaks into my home while I'm away and tries to murder my family. :unsure:

Good_Will_Harding

Post by Good_Will_Harding » December 20th, 2018, 12:49 am

Just in case anyone wants a good, hard cry, here's a video of a beagle being reunited with its human after an 18 month long separation:

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 20th, 2018, 1:25 am

Good_Will_Harding wrote: ↑
December 20th, 2018, 12:49 am
Just in case anyone wants a good, hard cry, here's a video of a beagle being reunited with its human after an 18 month long separation:
So I played that, and my 1/2 beagle started barking and ran and jumped on my lap to watch the video with me. Those sounds are similar to what my wife and I get when we've been gone for a few days.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 27th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Update from our last post:

We put together the puzzle and were remarkably successful - only lost two pieces to our adorable furball monster.
Puzzle PicShow

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » December 28th, 2018, 1:54 am

maxwelldeux wrote: ↑
December 27th, 2018, 11:24 pm

We put together the puzzle and were remarkably successful - only lost two pieces to our adorable furball monster.
Puzzle PicShow
That's legitimately shocking.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » December 28th, 2018, 6:46 am

December 28th, 2018, 1:54 am
maxwelldeux wrote: ↑
December 27th, 2018, 11:24 pm

Puzzle PicShow
That's legitimately shocking.
I know, right? I expected to lose at least 10x that many.

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » December 30th, 2018, 11:57 pm

I now have a favourite dog scene from a film:

RBG

Post by RBG » December 31st, 2018, 12:07 pm

http://time.com/5490401/california-rescue-animals-law/

california becomes the first state to ban the retail sale of cats, dogs and rabbits. this is wonderful!! :cheers:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje » December 31st, 2018, 3:17 pm

December 31st, 2018, 12:07 pm
http://time.com/5490401/california-rescue-animals-law/

california becomes the first state to ban the retail sale of cats, dogs and rabbits. this is wonderful!! :cheers:
Great news! :)
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
More memorable quotesShow
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
OldAle1 wrote:stupid double post bullshit crap shit fuck
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » December 31st, 2018, 8:04 pm

Pretty unexpected, but they'll just move to a different state?

currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

RBG

Post by RBG » January 11th, 2019, 11:22 am

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » February 1st, 2019, 1:22 am

I'm thinking I might have to take Sweet Dee out and start a new career as a "mud detector." If there is mud anywhere, she'll find it. This was us at the dog park the other day:

I'm thinking of titling this picture "Bird Bath"

RBG

Post by RBG » February 1st, 2019, 12:43 pm

Babysitting my mom's teacup poodle. Is there a more spoiled dog in the world? I doubt it
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » February 1st, 2019, 4:39 pm

February 1st, 2019, 12:43 pm
Babysitting my mom's teacup poodle. Is there a more spoiled dog in the world? I doubt it
Hehehe... I just had to help my baby boy out of his blanket on the because he was sleeping under the covers and got hot, but stuck in the blanket, so maybe?

RBG

Post by RBG » February 10th, 2019, 3:39 pm

here's the little princess. she is not a puppy. she's 9 years old and weighs 5 lbs. I should mention: her shit literally does not stink, it's too tiny :poshclap:
icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » February 10th, 2019, 6:11 pm

Adorable - and of course, the princess is posing perfectly on her pillow.

RBG

Post by RBG » February 23rd, 2019, 8:42 pm

ok i can't resist posting some highlights of the westminster dog show

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

RBG

Post by RBG » February 23rd, 2019, 8:42 pm

icm + ltbxd

NO GODS NO MASTERS

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » February 24th, 2019, 6:59 am

currently working towards a vegan/low waste world + thru such film lists (besides TV): 2010s bests, RW Fassbinder, Luis Bunuel, Yasujiro Ozu, Eric Rohmer, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, 17+ sci-fi lists on watchlist, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » March 16th, 2019, 9:38 am

Dog lets ape groom him!

There's no monkey lounge so here's here
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 3rd, 2019, 12:50 am

Sad story to tell:

I just put a couple old hard drives into my computer to increase storage space because movies. Turns out, one of those old hard drives was to my wife's old computer, which had a bunch of old pictures on it. Wife and I were strolling down memory lane and snuggling with our old pup, Walter White. Well, when the first picture of Jenji, our old dog, popped up, Walter perked up, stared at the TV, and started barking. Then ran to the TV, stood on his hind legs, and kept barking. I didn't get a picture of it because I was too busy crying, but it was the saddest sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Anyway, here's a picture of a couple old men: one my grandfather, and one Walter White:

Armoreska

Post by Armoreska » June 4th, 2019, 9:31 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434