Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: Durak, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st)

¶ ScreenShot Quiz - Closing Shots

weirdboy
Donator

¶ ScreenShot Quiz - Closing Shots

Post by weirdboy » September 29th, 2016, 9:07 pm

Perception de Ambiguity on Sep 29 2016, 02:37:38 PM wrote:
weirdboy on Sep 29 2016, 12:52:38 PM wrote:Holy crap it never occurred to me how the endings of Bond movies are deliberately repeated until I looked into this.
Are they? In most of them Bond makes out with a woman in the last scene, but there is no indication of that activity in this particular shot and beyond that I haven't noticed noteworthy similarities between the endings.
There are a few where he ends up floating in a raft/boat/whatever on the ocean somewhere with the female lead. Dr. No, Thunderball, and You Only Live Twice are all strikingly similar in that regard.

There's also a set where they are on a ship, train, etc. and are attacked by the henchman at the end. Such as Diamonds are Forever, The Man with the Golden Gun, Live and Let Die.

Then there's a set where his superiors are trying to contact him and see/hear him getting it on with the female lead: The Spy Who Loved Me, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only.

Maybe it's not deliberate but lazy.
Last edited by weirdboy on September 29th, 2016, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimi Antiloop

Post by Jimi Antiloop » October 3rd, 2016, 8:25 pm

81. "My son My son what have ye done"
(Had it by the fist look, before now reconizing the hints ;)
77. (There is something in my mind, but no movie title. i definitly know this scene)
:ICM: :letbxd: :Crtiticker: Reality Checks on :imdb:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”― Philip K. Dick

Perception de Ambiguity

Post by Perception de Ambiguity » October 3rd, 2016, 9:33 pm

Jimi Antiloop on Oct 3 2016, 02:25:56 PM wrote:77. (There is something in my mind, but no movie title. i definitly know this scene)
Here's a (way too generous) hint:
It's a point-of-view shot of a mortally wounded man.
We do not have to understand new things, but by dint of patience, effort and method to come to understand with our whole self the truths which are evident.Image
LETTERBOXD | MUBI | IMDb | tumblr.

Jimi Antiloop

Post by Jimi Antiloop » October 4th, 2016, 5:09 pm

No it won't pop into my mind.

96. Godzilla ?
:ICM: :letbxd: :Crtiticker: Reality Checks on :imdb:

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.”― Philip K. Dick

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » October 4th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Pessimistic guess on 87: The Extraordinary Adventures of Mr. West in the Land of the Bolsheviks.

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » October 4th, 2016, 5:19 pm

77 is familiar to me as well. I keep thinking Brian De Palma but cannot figure it out.

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » October 4th, 2016, 5:29 pm

I Googled a bit of info I see in one screenshot and got the answer. Do you consider that cheating or acceptable detective work?

Perception de Ambiguity

Post by Perception de Ambiguity » October 4th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Oct 4 2016, 11:29:52 AM wrote:I Googled a bit of info I see in one screenshot and got the answer. Do you consider that cheating or acceptable detective work?
It isn't the most honorable way of getting it but I'm overall fine with it, with the exception of when distinctive words or numbers are shown in the screenshot and googling those, it requires zero perceptive powers or creativity to do that.
We do not have to understand new things, but by dint of patience, effort and method to come to understand with our whole self the truths which are evident.Image

Post by Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi » October 4th, 2016, 7:00 pm

Perception de Ambiguity on Oct 4 2016, 12:54:30 PM wrote:
Local Hero -- aka MestnyiGeroi on Oct 4 2016, 11:29:52 AM wrote:I Googled a bit of info I see in one screenshot and got the answer. Do you consider that cheating or acceptable detective work?
It isn't the most honorable way of getting it but I'm overall fine with it, with the exception of when distinctive words or numbers are shown in the screenshot and googling those, it requires zero perceptive powers or creativity to do that.
:lol: Yes, well, when I said "I" I was speaking for others around here, dubious types who lack enough honor and imagination even to ask you. Now that they have their answer and remain duly chagrined, I shall tread nobly onward, looking for more self-sacrifices to make.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » February 8th, 2017, 12:58 am

66. Orgazmo (1997). I think.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

Perception de Ambiguity

Post by Perception de Ambiguity » February 8th, 2017, 5:00 am

GruesomeTwosome on Feb 7 2017, 05:58:37 PM wrote:66. Orgazmo (1997). I think.
Orgasmically good guess.
In case you haven't noticed them already, I often give out hints for still unsolved shots in the quizzes, so I recommend looking through the threads for those.
Last edited by Perception de Ambiguity on February 8th, 2017, 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome » February 8th, 2017, 6:25 am

Perception de Ambiguity on Feb 7 2017, 10:00:22 PM wrote:
GruesomeTwosome on Feb 7 2017, 05:58:37 PM wrote:66. Orgazmo (1997). I think.
Orgasmically good guess.
In case you haven't noticed them already, I often give out hints for still unsolved shots in the quizzes, so I recommend looking through the threads for those.
Indeed, I have noticed the hints but in this particular SSQ the hints for the un-guessed shots aren't doing much for me I'm afraid. On to your next old quiz, I'm making up for lost time here!
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd

rnilsson19

Post by rnilsson19 » March 15th, 2018, 5:23 pm

96. Fallen Angels