Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 34 released August 1st: Get to Know the New Hosts
ICMForum Manager Cup signup
Polls: Red Planet: Essential Cinema (Results), Western (Results), 2020 (Aug 29th)
Challenges: <400, Korean, Action/Adventure

¶ Crap Pictionary Film Quiz - We're on a roll here

Perception de Ambiguity
Location: Certified NPC, and inconsolably discontent about that fact.

Post by Perception de Ambiguity »

Carmel1379 wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 4:16 pm Waking Life, and I knew it from the first one (getting into Alex Jones' boat car I presume) and before I saw your weekly post.
Boat Car Guy (his actual credit) wasn't Alex Jones, but Bill Wise, even if he looked more like the Alex Jones that we know and love now than Alex Jones did in that film. Other than that, well done and welcome back!

We do not have to understand new things, but by dint of patience, effort and method to come to understand with our whole self the truths which are evident.Image
LETTERBOXD | MUBI | IMDb | tumblr.
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

Mwahahaha! Aye, aye! :banana:

arittake no yume (nikki) o kaki atsume & I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies

:imdb: IMDb Revolutions :letbxd: exwordpress blue :ICM:
Perception de Ambiguity

Nice Illuminati art.
It's the one in which either George John Jim Carrey's or Neil Patrick Harris' raison d'être is playing dress-up and being a dick to children. Your guy gives me a bit of a flamboyant vibe so I'll go with the Neil version. Also, in the film the boy didn't wear glasses, your girl's lips are a far cry from Emily Browning's, nor do I remember the Third Eye imagery to be that prevalent in the film, although I might have just been sleeping on that front.
We do not have to understand new things, but by dint of patience, effort and method to come to understand with our whole self the truths which are evident.Image
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

Perception de Ambiguity wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 2:20 am Nice Illuminati art.
It's the one in which either George John Jim Carrey's or Neil Patrick Harris' raison d'être is playing dress-up and being a dick to children. Your guy gives me a bit of a flamboyant vibe so I'll go with the Neil version. Also, in the film the boy didn't wear glasses, your girl's lips are a far cry from Emily Browning's, nor do I remember the Third Eye imagery to be that prevalent in the film, although I might have just been sleeping on that front.
Heppa deepa ho ho ha tee hee huh! How do you do? Well well well, if it isn't Mr. & I Thought My Jokes Were Bad! You obviously didn't receive the correct intel to know that -- besides all the problems you listed with my collage -- Sunny Baudelaire hasn't learned to stand on her two feet right until the end of the Seventh book, that is, The Vile Village, please? Besides, wearing glasses does not make you smarter, teeha peeha giggle giggle huggle fuggle. You should also know there are more letters than numbers. What a story, John!

You will pleased to know Violet Baudelaire at least gives the impression of slightly smiling in this Brett Helquist drawing:

I'm a tap-dancing ballerina, check me out, yo! :circle:
arittake no yume (nikki) o kaki atsume & I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies

Perception de Ambiguity

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Perception de Ambiguity

Easy mistake to make, but no.
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

Perception de Ambiguity

Now I'm gonna love you till the heavens stop the rain, I'm gonna love you till the stars fall from the sky, for you and I.

Info for the uninitiated: This refers to the Oliver Stone film 'The Doors' more specifically than to the factual performance of "Light My Fire" on "The Ed Sullivan Show". In the film Jim Morrison is shown singing "higher" much more emphatically than normally and right into the camera in a provocative manner, because he was supposed to change that line of the song for this TV show appearance. That part was a bit of artistic license as you can see in the footage of the actual performance. Here's the full background story from Wiki:

Wikipedia
The band appeared on various TV shows, such as American Bandstand, miming to a playback of the single. However, "Light My Fire" was performed live by the Doors on The Ed Sullivan Show broadcast on September 17, 1967. The Doors were asked by producer Bob Precht, Sullivan's son-in-law, to change the line "girl, we couldn't get much higher", as the sponsors were uncomfortable with the possible reference to drugs. However, the meaning of the line was confirmed to be literal, as in "high in the sky". The band agreed to do so, and did a rehearsal using the amended lyrics, "girl, we couldn't get much better". However, during the live performance, the band's lead singer Jim Morrison sang the original, unaltered lyrics. Ed Sullivan did not shake Jim Morrison's hand as he left the stage. The band had been negotiating a multi-episode deal with the producers; however, after violating the agreement not to perform the offending line, they were informed they would never perform on the show again. Morrison's response was "Hey man. We just did the Sullivan show."

This performance was portrayed in the 1991 Oliver Stone film The Doors, but with Morrison singing "higher" more emphatically and without his subsequent retort to Sullivan and the show's producer.
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

Into this world we're thrown / Like a dog without a bone

Perception de Ambiguity

It's like real life. There's just enough to make it interesting.

Play it. Live it. Kill for it.

You have to play the game to find out why you're playing the game.

Play
Or
Be Played

Spoiler
Existenz. Written like this: One word. Small "E", capital "X", capital "Z". "eXistenZ"
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

Perception de Ambiguity

OK, Level-2, we are continuing the thought bubble theme, but this gentleman here is playing quite a different kind of game...

Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

"Death in Venice (original Italian title: Morte a Venezia) is a 1971 Italian–French drama film directed in Panavision and Technicolor by Luchino Visconti and starring Dirk Bogarde and Björn Andrésen. It is based on the novella Death in Venice by the German author Thomas Mann, first published in 1912 as Der Tod in Venedig." - wikipedoia

Perception de Ambiguity

Say it, don't spray it.

Yes.
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

Perception de Ambiguity

matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

Carmel1379 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:46 pm Image
This reminded me of 500 Days of Summer
Carmel1379
Donator

Post by Carmel1379 »

matthewscott8 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 8:00 am
Carmel1379 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:46 pm
This reminded me of 500 Days of Summer
Interesting connection! Pedeamb is right though, I was attempting to depict the shore of Cobb & Mal's limbo (with Cobb & Ariadne in the drawing), that is

the deepest dream level

in

I N C E P T I O N

matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

Perception de Ambiguity wrote: June 24th, 2021, 8:31 pm Image
did I press the big red button?
Perception de Ambiguity

Carmel1379 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 9:01 am Pedeamb is right though,...
Yet I wish I wasn't, just so that we get some other participants here. KrystalMatth, if you are up for it please feel free to take my turn. Or anybody else reading this.

I don't know if you pressed the button, KrystalMatth, but if you did you'd find the red button inside the red button, and if you pressed that one you would hear THE sound of I N C E P T I O N. A nice little website that I've utilized occasionally ever since the film's release, that gag just never gets old for me.
matthewscott8
Donator

Post by matthewscott8 »

Perception de Ambiguity wrote: June 25th, 2021, 2:11 pm
Carmel1379 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 9:01 am Pedeamb is right though,...
Yet I wish I wasn't, just so that we get some other participants here. KrystalMatth, if you are up for it please feel free to take my turn. Or anybody else reading this.

I don't know if you pressed the button, KrystalMatth, but if you did you'd find the red button inside the red button, and if you pressed that one you would hear THE sound of I N C E P T I O N. A nice little website that I've utilized occasionally ever since the film's release, that gag just never gets old for me.
i might try and do a picture tonight, I saw a scene I liked in a movie. I am absoltely terrible at drawing tho, even at producing bad drawings tehe
Perception de Ambiguity

Alright, guess not. Let's keep it going.

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

I dont remember that specific scene but characters could be from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
ImageImageImageImageImage
Perception de Ambiguity

hurluberlu wrote: June 27th, 2021, 9:38 am I dont remember that specific scene but characters could be from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
That's right, man, don't take any guff from these fucking swine!
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

I do certainly not

Perception de Ambiguity

Looks very familiar, I remember 'Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain' had some sight-seeing-gnome-pre-Instagram-posing-action, so that would be my guess.
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

Perception de Ambiguity wrote: June 27th, 2021, 4:27 pm Looks very familiar, I remember 'Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain' had some sight-seeing-gnome-pre-Instagram-posing-action, so that would be my guess.
You sure know your gnome
Perception de Ambiguity

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

Perception de Ambiguity

C'est absolument correct. Your turn again.

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Just stare at that image for 8 hours and it's a check.
ICM-profile
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

joachimt wrote: June 27th, 2021, 6:38 pm Just stare at that image for 8 hours and it's a check.
Correct
Empire (1964)
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

LOL
Perception de Ambiguity

joachimt, you guessed it and so whether you like it or not, it is your turn.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Perception de Ambiguity wrote: July 13th, 2021, 12:57 pm joachimt, you guessed it and so whether you like it or not, it is your turn.
Whoops, I somehow missed the posts from June the 27th and 28th. I'll try to crap something now......
ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I really suck at this. Last week my daughter asked me to draw a horse. When I was finished she couldn't stop laughing. :(
Then she drew a horse and I had to admit, her horse looked much more like a horse than mine.
My daughter is 8 years old........

Anyway, I guess it's clear enough which scene this is.....

ICM-profile
Perception de Ambiguity

I clearly recognize this romantic scene between two horses. If it isn't 'Black Beauty' it must be 'City Lights'.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

It's indeed not 'Black Beauty'.
Your turn, PdA.
ICM-profile