Pictured: 'Time Share' (2018)
Watch as many movies from Mexico as you can from November 1, 2020 to November 30, 2020.
That is all.
Mexico has a very large number of co-productions. I would ask you to think carefully about whether you think that any co-productions really represent Mexican cinema. As a general rule of thumb, anything nominated for a national award (Ariel Award etc) is eligible.
- Each feature film (over 40 minutes) counts as one entry.
- 60 minutes of short films counts as one entry.
- For television episodes: 120 minutes = 1pt
- Miniseries: 40min+ eps = 1pt; other eps must add up to 60min
- Rewatches are allowed and are good for the soul.
- Please include year of release when listing your viewings.
- Films must be watched on single speed (not sped-up), one at a time (no two screens at once), and in their entirety in order to be included.
I reserve the right to exclude participants who intentionally number their viewings incorrectly. If you play the game, you're expected to play properly.
Final results will be posted between 2:30pm and 3:00pm GMT on December 2 - at which point it will have been December everywhere in the world for more than a whole day. While you are welcome to post updates beyond this point, any such updates will not be included in the final results. Your choice whether you miss the deadline or not; besides, if it's December on your side of the world, shouldn't you be starting on one of next month's challenges?
- UNESCO - Mexico: 592 to 606
- Ariel Award - Best Mexican Film
- Cinema Tropical - Mexican Titles
- Mexican submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- Sector Cine's Best Mexican films of all time
- TSZDT: The Top 25 Mexican Horror Films
- Mexico's Cinema: The Golden Age (1930-1959)
- SOMOS Magazine's 100 Greatest Films of Mexican Cinema
This Challenge has never been held before in an Official capacity as far as I can tell.
This thread will be updated at least once every 48 hours (more often if I am around and feel like it). Please list new films seen in a new post.