Watch as many movies as you can from the 1960s. Anything that has a year from 1960 to 1969 on IMDb qualifies.
- A feature film (anything over 40 minutes) counts as one entry.
- A total of 60 minutes of short films counts as one entry.
- For Mini-Series (40 minute episodes or longer) each episode counts as an entry.
- A total of 120 minutes of TV episodes count as one entry.
- Rewatches are allowed and good for your soul.
- Post the years of your watches, otherwise it is not counted in the tally in the OP.
- Do not edit posts to add new watches, just create a new one.
- Writing your thoughts about what you see is highly encouraged!
The 1960s had more than a fair share of wars, coups, nuclear threats, fights for independence and other events rocking the world as it had been established after the two World Wars - including new social and political movements that found its footing and fought old systems that did not work for one reason or another. The May 68 events in France directly affected the business of art cinema, as the Cannes that year was cancelled, and no awards were given. The bonus challenge for this month's 60s challenge is to watch films of the 1968 Cannes official competition. Which films would you have awarded the Palme d'Or and Grand Prix?
List of films on the official competition in Cannes 1968 on ICM
IMDb's 1960s Top 50
CriterionForum Lists Project - 1960s
iCM Forum's Favourite Films of the 1960s
iCM Forum's Favourite Films of the 1960s - Nominations
Taschen's Movies of the 60's
(list suggestions are welcome)