Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Favorite Movies (Results), 1945 (Results), 1929 awards (Apr 4th), South Asia (Apr 25th), Doubling the Canon (Ratings Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Nordic, 1950s
Film of the Week: The Music of Chance, May nominations (May 1st)
World Cup S4: Round 1 schedule, 1F: Brazil vs Greece vs Japan vs Poland (Apr 5th), 1G: Germany vs Pakistan vs Ukraine vs USA (Apr 22nd)

Italy Challenge (Official, December 2019)

blocho
Donator

Re: Italy Challenge (Official, December 2019)

Post by blocho » January 1st, 2020, 4:21 pm

Ended the month with two excellent De Sica movies.

4. Shoeshine (1946)
5. The Garden of the Finzi-Continis (1970)

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » January 2nd, 2020, 3:28 am

Apologies, I'm a bit on the late side with this closing post after nodding off yesterday afternoon following a tiring yet immensely enjoyable couple of days of film-watching and festive celebration.

(Screenshots from 'Un colpo di pistola' and 'Sorelle Materassi')

14. 'Un colpo di pistola' / 'A Pistol Shot' / 1942, Renato Castellani / 8.5/10
15. 'Sorelle Materassi' / 'The Materassi Sisters' / 1944, Ferdinando Maria Poggioli / 8 or 8.5/10
16. 'I familiari delle vittime non saranno avvertiti' / 'Crime Boss' / 1972, Alberto De Martino / 7 or 7.5/10
17. 'Friedkin Uncut' / 2018, Francesco Zippel / 9/10

Thank you and congratulations on hosting, Peeps! Happy New Year to everyone!

:cheers:
That's all, folks!

sebby

Post by sebby » January 2nd, 2020, 8:49 am

03 Rocco and His Brothers (1960)
04 Respiro (2002)

Rocco etc was almost great. A bit much of that melodramatic weeping and wailing.
SpoilerShow
01 Divorce Italian Style (1961)
02 Shoeshine (1946)

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » January 2nd, 2020, 12:46 pm

Happy New year everyone!
This is the final update, but I will come back in an adjust if anyone hasn't yet made final post due to the holiday et al... thank you to all participants; you guys made this a great, first hosting experience.

Congratulations to psychotronicbeatnik who was a little late breaking from the gate, but took command and led almost gate to wire thereafter. You did a fine impression of "Secretariat" there and I pay tribute to that great with the video below. :worship:
And congrats also to Traveller who made psycho really work for that victory: many a fine horse has broken a track record by virtue of having the chief rival push him to the limit. Traveller, you played" Sham" the excellent California horse that broke a track record while finishing second to Secretariat in the Derby. You may not get all the props, but the history books don't forget. :cheers:
Jeroeno was solid and consistent all the way around... holding the third spot practically without flaw. Your war-horse is "Mane Minister" possibly the only horse to finish third in all three Triple Crown races. :thumbsup:
Lonewolf's jockey apparently moved too soon as he has faded from the top four, being overtaken late by Tarris1 who is now rounding out the superfecta… very solid races from both of them... :D
...and a nice race by the field as a whole. Good work you guys!

Behold in all its low-fi glory:

Rank Participant Count
1 psychotronicbeatnik 72
2 Traveller 57
3 jeroeno 36
4 Tarris1 29
5 Lonewolf2003 27
6 sol 21
7 jdidaco 20
8 AB537 17
8 RogertheMovieManiac88 17
10 peeptoad 16
11 blueboybob 14
12 hurluberlu 9
12 morrison-dylan-fan 9
14 cinephage 7
14 ororama 7
16 albajos 5
16 blocho 5
16 maxwelldeux 5
19 sebby 4
20 nimimerkillinen 3
21 flavo5000 2
21 shugs 2
23 allisoncm 1
23 Cinepolis 1
23 connordenney 1
23 Coryn 1
23 weirdboy 1
23 zzzorf 1

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » January 2nd, 2020, 2:42 pm

Yeah, my jockey got busy with other things during and after the holidays :lol:

Thanks for hosting, peep!

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » January 2nd, 2020, 8:42 pm

peeptoad wrote:
January 2nd, 2020, 12:46 pm
Happy New year everyone!
This is the final update, but I will come back in an adjust if anyone hasn't yet made final post due to the holiday et al... thank you to all participants; you guys made this a great, first hosting experience.

Congratulations to psychotronicbeatnik who was a little late breaking from the gate, but took command and led almost gate to wire thereafter. You did a fine impression of "Secretariat" there and I pay tribute to that great with the video below. :worship:
And congrats also to Traveller who made psycho really work for that victory: many a fine horse has broken a track record by virtue of having the chief rival push him to the limit. Traveller, you played" Sham" the excellent California horse that broke a track record while finishing second to Secretariat in the Derby. You may not get all the props, but the history books don't forget. :cheers:
Jeroeno was solid and consistent all the way around... holding the third spot practically without flaw. Your war-horse is "Mane Minister" possibly the only horse to finish third in all three Triple Crown races. :thumbsup:
Lonewolf's jockey apparently moved too soon as he has faded from the top four, being overtaken late by Tarris1 who is now rounding out the superfecta… very solid races from both of them... :D
...and a nice race by the field as a whole. Good work you guys!

Behold in all its low-fi glory:

Low res or not, watching Secretariat always makes my own heart grow two sizes bigger. :lol:

Thanks again for hosting this, peeps - you have a future in race commentary! :D :thumbsup: