Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 16 released September 13th)
Polls: Romance (Results), 1951 (Results), 500<400 (Sep 23rd), 2008 (Oct 4th)
Challenges: Animation, Silent Era, Russia/USSR
Film of the Week: La religieuse, October nominations (Sep 25th)
World Cup S4: QF Schedule, Match QFC: Germany vs Italy (Oct 1st), Match QFD: Estonia vs Russia (Oct 11th)

Which Country/Region Challenges would you like to see run again in 2019?

Poll ended at November 3rd, 2018, 2:46 am

Africa
7%
Australia/NZ/Oceania
8%
Canada
7%
China/HK/TW
10%
France
14%
Germany
7%
Iberia
5%
Italy
13%
Latin America
9%
Middle East
4%
Russia/Soviet Union
9%
Scandinavia/Nordic
7%

Total votes: 265

sol
Donator

Post by sol » October 3rd, 2018, 2:46 am

As part of setting up the Challenge Schedule for 2019, we are releasing six polls where you can vote for options for 2019.

For the polls that ask which 2018 Challenges you would like see repeated next year, you will be able to vote for 6 options.

For the polls that ask which Challenges you would like to see in 2019 that were not run this year, you will be able to vote for 8 options. This number is higher than for the "repeated" polls since there are more options to choose between when it comes to deciding new Challenges.

Each of these polls will run for 31 days, finishing on the first Saturday in November.
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » October 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

France
Iberia (only since I'm forgoing that one this month)
Italy
Scandinavian

Lakigigar

Post by Lakigigar » October 5th, 2018, 6:26 am

Why is Australia / NZ so popular? Does it really need to be organized for the third year in a row?

sol
Donator

Post by sol » October 5th, 2018, 6:31 am

Lakigigar wrote:
October 5th, 2018, 6:26 am
Why is Australia / NZ so popular? Does it really need to be organized for the third year in a row?
1. Possibly because so few users have come close to completing the Official Australian list? I don't know. It certainly makes a lot more sense that the Adult Film option being so popular in the other challenge poll.

2. If it gets run in 2019, it will be the third time, but certainly not the third year in a row. The first time that it was done was May 2013.

3. We are a long way away from the results of the poll being final, so nobody knows if it will still continue to be a popular option. It's not like it's topping the poll, or even coming second or third.

:shrug:
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » October 5th, 2018, 7:34 am

This was a tough one and one that offered a fair few pick-em choices. My votes went to:

China/HK/Taiwan
France
Middle East
Australia/N.Z./Oceania
Latin America
Russia/Soviet Union

The first three are among my faves of 2018. Would like to engage more fully in an Aus/N.Z./Oceania challenge and the other two are ones I didn't manage to immerse myself in when last they were run and would hope to next time around. I could and maybe should have voted for Italy or Africa. Close ones here!
That's all, folks!

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » October 5th, 2018, 8:42 pm

I haven't really been paying attention to the discussion of where these polls cam from so I have a question: Why are you limiting the number of choices? I just voted and, unsurprisingly, found I had more choices than needed in the non-repeat threads and not enough in the repeat threads, even though the latter gave me more choices with less options. Is the goal to force challenge diversity? Do you have a preset top x that you'll be taking for each poll?

albajos

Post by albajos » October 5th, 2018, 9:22 pm

The concensus with 36 challenges was that there are more possibilities for variety. So some of those have to be new every year.

zzzorf

Post by zzzorf » October 7th, 2018, 12:42 am

I forgot to put my vote in for France but it seems like it doesn't need it anyway.
Lakigigar wrote:
I personally put forward a vote for Australia (and wish it was actually just Australia not the area but it is what it is) due to the fact that I joined after the fact this year and being Australian myself I would love to be involved in a challenge for my home country.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » October 7th, 2018, 2:04 am

PeacefulAnarchy wrote:
October 5th, 2018, 8:42 pm
Do you have a preset top x that you'll be taking for each poll?
At this stage, I'm aiming for 6 new Challenges and 6 repeat Challenges for every category (except for Genre/Decade since Noir and Horror are now permanent).
zzzorf wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 12:42 am
Lakigigar wrote:
I personally put forward a vote for Australia (and wish it was actually just Australia not the area but it is what it is) due to the fact that I joined after the fact this year and being Australian myself I would love to be involved in a challenge for my home country.
There's no need to defend your selection, zzzorf - especially when Lakigigar has the facts incorrect (this is not the third year in a row, not by far...).
Image Image Image