Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (RESULTS)
Polls: 1994 (Oct 20th), 1997 awards (Oct 24th), 1940s (Oct 26th), Shorts (Nov 16th), Knockout competition (Round 2)
Challenges: Horror, TSPDT, Latin America + Caribbean, 2020 schedule
Film of the Week: Finis terrae, November nominations (Nov 1st)

Middle Eastern Challenge - Official; August 2018

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Re: Middle Eastern Challenge - Official; August 2018

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » August 17th, 2018, 12:38 am

14. Alamet-i Kiyamet (2016 / Doga Can Anafarta / Turkey) FTV 7+/10 {1st check}

I've just imported the info on this one to ICM - hopefully it will be on the site soon. It's sort of the Turkish Rosemary's Baby, although it's more inspired by that film than an exact copy (if you're familiar with Turkish exploitation cinema you know what I am talking about). I found it suitably original and quite creepy at times. So far, it's the best recent Turkish horror that I've watched for this challenge.

Turkish Delights and Other HitsShow
1. Ölüm savasçisi (1984 / Cuneyt Arkin, Cetin Inanc / Turkey) FTV 9+/10 {24 checks}
2. Vahsi Kan (1983 / Cetin Inanc / Turkey) FTV 7+/10 {19 checks}
3. Tarkan and the Blood of the Vikings (1971 / Mehmet Aslan / Turkey) 7+/10 {239 checks}
4. The Deathless Devil (1973 / Yilmaz Atadeniz / Turkey) 6+/10 {29 checks}
5. Turist Ömer Uzay Yolu'nda (1973 / Hulki Saner / Turkey) FTV 5+/10 {251 checks}
6. Seytan-i racim (2013 / Arkin Aktac / Turkey) FTV 6/10 {11 checks}
7. Ammar (2014 / Ozgur Baker / Turkey) FTV 6/10 {10 checks}
8. No One Knows About Persian Cats (2009 / Bhaman Ghobadi / Iran) FTV 7/10 {325 checks}
9. The Band’s Visit (2007 / Eran Kolirin / Israel) 9+/10 {785 checks}
10. Under the Olive Trees (1994 / Abbas Kiarostami / Iran) 8+/10 {885 checks}
11. A Separation (2011 / Asghar Farhadi / Iran) FTV 9+/10 {9834 checks}
12. Ten (2002 / Abbas Kiarostami / Iran) FTV 7/10 {1402 checks}
13. The Messiah (2007 / Nader Talebzadeh / Iran) FTV 7+/10 {4 checks}

zzzorf

Post by zzzorf » August 17th, 2018, 8:54 am

SpoilerShow
1. Boreg (2014, Israel) 3/10
2. Suicide (2014, Israel) 6/10

3. Tereddut (Clair-obscur) (2016, Turkey) 6/10

albajos

Post by albajos » August 17th, 2018, 9:42 am

ImageImage

He does like his scenes with motorbikes, this director.

01. Rødt hjerte (2011) Norway | Iraq 5 checks [triple]
02. El Clásico (2015) Norway | Iraq 17 checks [triple]
El Clásico was the Iraq Oscar bid for best foreign language movie that year. But I used to be in the film club board with the scriptwriter 20 years ago. The world is so small :)

The first movie is extremely sad. How love destroys lives. The second one is extremely cute. About two brothers going from Iraq to Madrid just to watch Real Madrid - Barcelona. (But the scenes in Iraq are still about impossible love)

That's all co-productions with Norway, so I think I'll end with 2 in this challenge

!seen 2

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » August 17th, 2018, 5:19 pm

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it g…Show
1. Haji Agha actore cinema / Haji Agha, the Cinema Actor (Ovanes Ohanian, 1933, Iran)
2. Avodah / Work (Helmar Lerski, 1935, Palestine)
3. Adamah / Tomorrow's a Wonderful Day (Helmar Lerski, 1947. Israel/Palestine)
4. Dananir (Ahmed Badrakhan, 1940, Egypt)
5. Afrita hanem / Lady Afrita / Little Miss Devil (Henry Barakat, 1949, Egypt)
6. Darb al-mahabil / Fool's Alley (Tewfik Saleh, 1955, Egypt)

My first exposure to the Nobel Prize-winning writer Naghib Mahfouz was through the 1995 Mexican film El callejón de los milagros (Jorge Fons) which I remember now mostly for Salma Hayek; it's an adaptation of the same novel, "Midaq Alley" in translation. The novel is apparently a large slice-of-the-lives of many residences of the eponymous street, and dim memory suggests that the much longer Fons film gets at that teeming dense city atmosphere better, but of course this film coming from the same language/country/culture as that of the writer works to some benefit. And it's a solid piece of work, even if it does focus mostly on the lovestruck couple trying to get married, and dispenses with the tougher issues like homosexuality. The issue of the lottery, and the central obsession with money that everybody shares is potently depicted, and the ironic ending works if it makes you smile and despair at once. It did such for me.

7. Zi'ab la ta'kol al lahm / Kuwait Connection (Samir E. Khouri, 1973, Egypt)

It opens with something like a romantic piano concerto playing, as we look through the barrel of a rifle, aimed at somebody on the street. It's fired by a guy wearing a tux on a nearby roooftop, and gun is painted gold. Then the credits start and over them a funky beat, reminiscent of something like Isaac Hayes' opening wah-wah Shaft theme...the illusion doesn't last as the song sounds more like early ABBA overall than anything else. Next we have a car chase, a pretty intense one, that ends in the desert, and the man being chased hides a briefcase full of jewels, and then makes his way, wounded, through a pouring rain, to a large and wealthy house where people seem to be performing some strange ritual; he's taken in, the lady of the house knows him, and then we're into flashback territory and...all of this is just in the first few minutes. This is one wacky, weird crime-action film, with more nudity than I've seen in any other film from the region probably, and more violence than in most. The blaxploitation feel recurs a few times but it probably has more in common overall with some of the cheaper and nastier Eurospy flicks. There are lots of really cool moments but sadly also some bits of tedium, like the early conversation between what turn out to be our main characters that goes on way too long. Still this is loads of fun and if there are more Egyptian exploitation films in this vein I think I've got to find them.

8. Giv'a 24 Eina Ona / Hill 24 Doesn't Answer (Thorold Dickinson, 1955, Israel)

Supposedly the first film produced by an independent Israel but interestingly enough made by an English director (and his last feature, to boot). Not really surprising though as a lot of countries that had formerly been colonies/protectorates etc got their starts in film production through outside means - the early Indian films of Osten are other examples. Anyway this is another film told mostly (almost entirely) in flashbacks; that seems to be my theme this week though it wasn't intentional. Here we find four Israeli soldiers of diverse backgrounds, dead on the eponymous hill in the first scene, and the rest of the films shows us how and why they got there. It's' reasonably well done, and unlike some viewers I didn't find the propaganda elements that strong or offensive - mostly we just hear of the Arabs as "the enemy" which reminded me of the way some of the better British and American WWII films referred to the Germans or Japanese, and the war is generally referred to more as a war of survival rather than as God's plan or anything like that. The best part for me was the story of James Finnegan, the Irishman who was assigned to Palestine during the British administration and fell in love; his pursuit of Miriam is really well put together, exciting and romantic. The rest is fine, but overall I don't feel like there's much here that really stands out; worth seeing for students of the history and the country's cinema definitely but not to my mind really memorable.

9. Two short films from 1983 38+28=66 minutes

a) The Great Sadness of Zohara (Nina Menkes, 1983, Israel)
Apart from some background voices, and a beginning quote from Job, this is a wordless portrait of a striking blue-haired young woman (played by the director's sister and frequent muse Tinka Menkes) moving about in Jerusalem, sad, alone, plaintive, questing; as the one IMDb review suggests, it's clearly a very personal work of spiritual meaning that is probably going to be almost opaque to most people, but the visuals and the way the director layers sounds and music (mostly from Luciano Berio) are beautiful, and there's a stretch where the woman walks through a door in the city and into an outdoor, different terrain that was very odd and fascinating. I don't know that I "liked" it overall but it's certainly not like much else and it makes me curious to see more from Menkes, and to re-watch the director's The Bloody Child which I remember provoked a lot of arguments among the small group of us who saw it back in the 90s.
b)Harb Aala el Harb (Maroun Bagdadi, 1983, Lebanon)
Short documentary about the war - the Lebanese Civil War at any rate, I'm unclear how much of this had to do with the Israeli invasion of 1982, narrated in a fairly poetic style in Arabic with visuals mostly of the physical damage - and occasionally the human damage, so be warned - to the country, and in particular Beirut, with statistics about what it would take to bring Lebanon back up in the world. Moving and informative for sure though I wish it had ranged a little wider than Beirut, and gotten into the causes of the war a little.

10. Sukka banat / Caramel (Nadine Labaki, 2007, France/Lebanon)

(I presume a chunk of the money for this came from France, but it's all shot in Lebanon with a Lebanese writer/director/star and mostly Lebanese cast/crew). Nadine Labaki's first film as director/writer is in many ways as impressive as her second, Et maintenant on va où? (2011) though on the surface it's "light" romantic comedy focus might seem less serious or weighty. Labaki plays Layale, the owner of a hair salon in Beirut who despite being in her 30s and a (somewhat) successful businesswoman is still unmarried and living with her parents and much younger sibling. She's in love with a married man, unfortunately, and as the film develops she's still nourishing the hope that he'll leave his wife and...well, suffice it to say that this is a rom-com-dram of dashed or fleeting hopes, though it certainly keeps those up, and never descends into tragedy. Her three employees - a young woman in her twenties about to marry, a lesbian in her 30s or 40s, and a slightly older woman dreaming of returning to a moribund acting career - and the two older women who live next door to the shop are the other main characters, and between them they provide a wide range of views into the difficulties of living in a society that is still patriarchal even if it tries to sometimes put on the face of progressivism and diversity. Really beautifully shot in lots of warm browns and golds.

11. Three shorts, 25+15+20= 60 minutes, all from Iran

a) P mesle Pelican / P is for Pelican (Parviz Kimiavi, 1972)
Remarkable film about an old man living in a deserted, ancient, ruinous city, who teaches young boys who come to visit him the alphabet but is met by scorn and derision in return until one of the boys tells him that P stands not only for "puppy" (Pedarsag, also according to the translation, "bastard" which the boys yell back at the man) but "pelican", an amazing bird that exists in the city, which he will show to the old man if he comes with him. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this but the striking visuals - there's a shot of the spokes of a carriage in movement that really stood out, and the final sequence as well - and the interaction between the one "nice" boy and the old man, were really wonderful. This is the 4th Kimiavi film I've seen and three have been terrific (and the fourth at least interesting). There were a lot of great Iranian directors born in the late 30s - early 40s, and only Kiarostami and Mehrjui have really attained prominence, but Kimiavi is certainly one of those who deserves to be better known.
b) Malek Khorshid / The Sun King (Ali Akbar Sadeghi, 1975)
Mysterious animated short in which an old man and younger man wander through a strange museum-like mansion, only to have the young man fly off into a series of fantastic adventures to win, or save, or protect a beautiful young woman from a portrait, who might be the daughter of the older man? It's unclear, and the animation is rather primitive, but as a pure flight of fancy this is pretty cool.
c) Jaam-e Hasanlou / The Hassanlou Chalice (Mohammad Reza Aslani, 1964)
All three of these shorts were wonderful in their own ways, and all of them rather challenging - in large part because of my cultural ignorance. This was probably the most difficult to comprehend: over shots that are mostly extreme close-ups of scenes and writing and reliefs on the chalice in question, and also occasionally closeups of a man's face, we have narration describing events and stories seemingly unrelated, eventually focusing on Halladj, a Christlike figure, all while a variety of also seemingly unrelated sounds (car horns, machinery, cries and shouts of both terror and pleasure) inhabit the soundtrack. Like the previous two shorts, very watchable and fascinating but also a bit impenetrable.

12. Eskiya (Yavuz Turgul, 1996, Turkey)

Is there anything more exciting than FINALLY watching a Turkish masterpiece that has been crowned with the ultimate honor of a placement on the IMDb Top 250? Can you even imagine the paroxysms of delight that I experienced? Well....OK, the good things first - this starts off reasonably interesting, as an old man just out of jail goes back to his hometown, finds it drowned by a lake, and then decides to go to Istanbul to look up some people from his past. He meets a young petty hood and forms a friendship, and has trouble navigating the huge city. It's fairly nicely shot, though the color is bordering on over-saturated - still, better than the alternate in so many films these days. Unfortunately, after about the first 40 minutes it all starts to go downhill and becomes a very standard sort of revenge film with a certain mawkishness to it that made it hard to take. All in all I didn't think it was *terrible* but it wasn't good either and it's just another example of the laughable nature of lists like the IMDb which are completely open to trolls and vote-stuffing. Easily the weakest of the admittedly very few Turkish films I've seen so far.
Last edited by OldAle1 on August 18th, 2018, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 17th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Kinda late in the month to be telling this, but I just subscribed to IMVBox.com, a site specializing in Iranian movies. It's free if you don't need subtitles, but if you do you have to pay. The number of films with subs is limited, far they have very little in the way of pre-Revolutionary movies (Gaav is the only one I've found so far). Still....
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » August 17th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Good to know 3eyes, thanks! I have a massive number of (subbed) films to watch as it is so probably won't avail myself but I may take a look at it. One of the many projects that I'll probably never get to is to learn Farsi.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 18th, 2018, 12:26 am

9. Tardid / Doubt (Iran 09) - triple
First watch on IMVBox - one I've been looking for for quite a while. Fascinating riff on Hamlet, sort of meta in parts.

SpoilerShow
1. Darbare 111 dokhtar / (About) 111 girls (Iran 12) - Triple
2. Ashkan, angoshtar-e motebarek va dastan-haye digar (Iran 09) - Rewatch (triple)
3. Keshtzar haye sepid / The white meadows (Iran 09) - triple
4. Chand kilo khorma baraye marassem-e tadfin / A few kilos of dates for a funeral (Iran 06) - triple
5. Sag-haye velgard / Stray dogs (Iran 04) - triple
6. Niwemang / Half moon (Iran 06) (triple)
7. The Messiah (Iran 07) - (triple)
8. Rødt hjerte / Red heart (Nor-Iraq 11) - triple

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » August 18th, 2018, 12:30 am

15. Muska (2014 / Ozkan Celik / Turkey) FTV 5/10 {5 checks}
16. 10 on Ten (2004 / Abbas Kiarostami / Iran) FTV 7/10 {110 checks}
17. Mustang (2015 / Deniz Gamze Erguven / Turkey) FTV 8/10 {1841 checks}
18. 20 Fingers (2004 / Mania Akbari / Iran) 7+/10 {25 checks}
19. Helak: Kayip Koy (2015 / Ozgur Bakar / Turkey) FTV 6/10 {7 checks}

Turkish Delights and Other HitsShow
1. Ölüm savasçisi (1984 / Cuneyt Arkin, Cetin Inanc / Turkey) FTV 9+/10 {24 checks}
3. Tarkan and the Blood of the Vikings (1971 / Mehmet Aslan / Turkey) 7+/10 {239 checks}
5. Turist Ömer Uzay Yolu'nda (1973 / Hulki Saner / Turkey) FTV 5+/10 {251 checks}
8. No One Knows About Persian Cats (2009 / Bhaman Ghobadi / Iran) FTV 7/10 {325 checks}

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » August 18th, 2018, 4:38 pm

SpoilerShow
1. El haram/The Sin (1965) Egypt
2. Giv'a 24 Eina Ona/Hill 24 Doesn't Answer (1955) Israel
3. A New Day in Old Sana'a (2005) Yemen 5/10
4. Knafayim Shvurot/Broken Wings (2002) Israel

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 18th, 2018, 7:18 pm

9. Yol (1982, Turkey)

I was hoping to like this more, but I ended up being disappointed. I didn't really connect with anyone in the film, and it just gave me an overall impression of boredom and sadness. There were some beautiful shots (I liked the parts in the snow) and it definitely conveyed difficult times for just about everyone, but nothing about it is going to last all that long in my memory.
Reminder: NOT the Mid-WestShow
1. Under the Shadow (2016, Iran)
2. My Father and My Son (2005, Turkey)
3. Where Should the Birds Fly (2013, Palestine)
"4. Shorts:
P Like Pelican (1972, Iran, 25m)
The Night It Rained (1967, Iran, 35m)"
5. Salaam Cinema (1995)
6. Five Broken Cameras (2011, Palestine)
7. Streets of Jerusalem (2004, Canada/Israel)
8. A Touch of Spice (2003, Greece/Turkey co-production)
9. Yol (1982, Turkey)

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 19th, 2018, 12:58 am

Shorts:
10a. An mard motor darad / Of Men and Motorcycles (Iran 08, 26m)
10b. Kozmak / Wound (Iran 14, 20m) - [not on IMDb]
10c. Behesht Kojast / Where is the heaven (Iran 13, 14m)

SpoilerShow
2. Ashkan, angoshtar-e motebarek va dastan-haye digar (Iran 09) - Rewatch (triple)
4. Chand kilo khorma baraye marassem-e tadfin / A few kilos of dates for a funeral (Iran 06) - triple
Shorts:
10a. An mard motor darad / Of Men and Motorcycles (Iran 08, 26m)
10b. Kozmak / Wound (Iran 14, 20m) - [not on IMDb]
10c. Behesht Kojast / Where is the heaven (Iran 13, 14m)

ororama

Post by ororama » August 19th, 2018, 1:00 am

2. Wadjda (2012) * 97 min. (Saudi Arabia)
3. The Mirror (1997) * 90 min. (Iran)

SpoilerShow
1. The Band's Visit (2007) * 87 min. (Israel)

*First time viewing
Last edited by ororama on August 26th, 2018, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » August 19th, 2018, 5:29 am

19. 'Veda busesi' / 'Farewell Kiss' / 1965, Ülkü Erakalin / 6/10 / Turkey
20. 'Hu Halach B'Sadot' / 'He Walked Through the Fields' / 1967, Yosef Millo / 7/10 / Israel
21. 'Yalanci' / 'The Liar' / 1994, Osman Sinav / 5 or 5.5/10 / Turkey
22. 'Cherkess' / 2010, Mohy Quandour / 6.5/10 / Jordan
23. 'Reseba' / 'The Dark Wind' / 2016, Hussein Hassan Ali / 7.5/10 / Iraq / Germany / Syria / Qatar

Circassian film pioneer and mogul Mohy Quandour delivers with 'Cherkess' a film of fascinating anthropological and historical importance. At times the production and acting is iffy but the beating heart of awareness, conviction and dedication shines through. A tale of new boundaries, new frontiers and new arrivals in contested territories at the dawn of the 20th Century and centred upon the forbidden love between a Circassian horseman and the daughter of a Bedouin Sheikh. The sweep and intimacy of the effort pulled me in and my favourite elements were the intense yet personable and dignified meeting between the respective leaders and the look at traditional customs and rituals. Not quite a great film but an admirable undertaking nonetheless.

That's all, folks!

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » August 19th, 2018, 9:40 am

2. The Insult / L'Insulte (Ziad Doueiri, 2017, Lebanon) [<400 Checks] [1990s + 21st Cent] 7
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage

Eve-Lang-El-Coup

Post by Eve-Lang-El-Coup » August 19th, 2018, 10:21 am

1) Kosmos (2010) Turkey
2) Khake Sar Beh Morh (1977) Iran
3) Me'Ahorei Hasoragim (1984) Israel
4) Giv'a 24 Eina Ona (1955) According to IMDB this is Israeli but it feels and sounds very much like an English (UK) film.
5) Ha-Shoter Azulai (1971) Israel
6) Marg Yazdgerd (1982) Iran
7) Aramesh dar Hozur Deegaran (1973) Iran
8) Atash (2004) Israel/Palestine - How did this come about?
9) Ha-Bayit Berechov Chelouche (1973) Israel
10) Gheisar (1969) Iran
11) It's Winter (2006) Iran
12) Shlosha Yamim Veyeled (1967) Israel
13) Sonbahar (2008) Turkey
14) Lebanon (2009) Israel
15) Avanti Popolo (1986) Israel
16) Pedar (1996) Iran
17) Zendegi va Digar Hich (1992) Iran
18) Davandeh (1984) Iran
19) Bashu, Gharibeye Koochak (1989) Iran
20) Sag-haye Velgard (2004) Iran
21) Chand Kilo Khorma Baraye Marassem-e Tadfin (2006) Iran
22) Gozaresh (1977) Iran
23) Mashgh-e Shab (1989) Iran
24) Kelid (1987) Iran
25) Beed-e Majnoon (2005) Iran
26) Etz Limon (2008) Israel
27) Wadjda (2012) Saudi Arabia/Jordan
28) Kafr Kasem (1974) Syria/Lebanon
29) Bé Omid é Didar (2011) Iran
30) Salaam Cinema (1995) Iran
31) Roozi ke zan Shodam (2000) Iran
32) Sara (1993) Iran
33) Derakhte Golabi (1998) Iran
34) Gomgashtei dar Aragh (2002) Iran

So I've watched mainly Iranian movies...not sure how much that will change in the coming 10 days.

72allinncallme
Donator

Post by 72allinncallme » August 19th, 2018, 7:45 pm

2. Sous les bombes (2007)
SpoilerShow
1. Ayneh (1997)

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » August 20th, 2018, 2:44 am

4. Salaam Cinema (1995, Iran)
SpoilerShow
1. Baskin (2015, Turkey)
2. Ushpizin (2004, Israel)
3. Le grand voyage (2004, Turkey)
4. Salaam Cinema (1995, Iran)

Mate_cosido

Post by Mate_cosido » August 20th, 2018, 7:30 am

23. Sarmasik - Ivy (2015, Tolga Karaçelik, Turkey)

24. Afsane-ye-ah - The Legend of a Sigh (1991, Tahmineh Milani, Iran)

25. Al-ard - The Earth (1969, Youssef Chahine, Egypt)

26. Lakposhtha parvaz mikonand - Turtles Can Fly (2004, Bahman Ghobadi, Iran)

27. Al Dhakira al Khasba - Fertile Memory (1980, Michel Khleifi, Palestine)

28. Nimeh-ye penhan - The Hidden Half (2001, Tahmineh Milani, Iran)

29. Gece yolculugu - Night Journey (1989, Ömer Kavur, Turkey)

30. Chaharshanbe-soori - Fireworks Wednesday (2006, Asghar Farhadi, Iran)

31. The Syrian Bride (2004, Eran Riklis, Israel)

32. Layali ibn awa - The Night of the Jackal (1988, Abdellatif Abdelhamid, Syria)

33. Darbareye Elly - About Elly (2009, Asghar Farhadi, Iran)
Seen so far:Show
1. Nun va Goldoon - A Moment of Innocence (1996, Mohsen Makhmalbaf, Iran) *rewatch

2. Salaam Cinema - Hello Cinema (1995, Mohsen Makhmalbaf, Iran) *rewatch

3. Kafr kasem - The Massacre of Kafr Kassem (1975, Borhane Alaouié, Syria/Lebanon)

4. Captain Abu Raed (2008, Amin Matalqa, Jordan)

5. Tepenin Ardi (2012, Emin Alper, Turkey)

6. Kis Uykusu - Winter Sleep (2014, Nuri Bilge Ceylan, Turkey)

7. Yek Etefagh sadeh - A Simple Event (1974, Sohrab Shahid Saless, Iran)

8. A Flood in Baath Country (2005, Omar Amiralay, Syria)

9. Al hayatt al yawmiyah fi quariah suriyah - Everyday Life in a Syrian Village (1976, Omar Amiralay, Syria)

10. Niwemang - Half Moon (2006, Bahman Ghobadi, Iran) *rewatch

11. Omar (2013, Hany Abu-Assad, Palestine)

12. Where Should the Birds Fly (2013, Fida Qishta, Palestine)

13. Al-dajaj - The Chickens (1977, Omar Amiralay, Syria)

14. Zir-e poost-e shahr - Under the Skin of the City (2001, Rakhshan Banietemad, Iran)

15. Urs al-jalil - Wedding in Galilee (1987, Michel Khleifi, Palestine)

16. Ayneh - The Mirror (1997, Jafar Panahi, Iran)

17. Beyrouth ya Beyrouth - Beirut Oh Beirut (1975, Maroun Bagdadi, Lebanon)

18. Lamma shoftak - When I Saw You (2012, Annemarie Jacir, Palestine/Jordan)

19. Khomreh - The Jar (1992, Ebrahim Forouzesh, Iran)

20. Mustang (2015, Deniz Gamze Ergüven, Turkey)

21. Paradise Now (2005, Hany Abu-Assad, Palestine)

22. Me'Ahorei Hasoragim - Beyond the Walls (1984, Uri Barbash, Israel)

23. Sarmasik - Ivy (2015, Tolga Karaçelik, Turkey)

24. Afsane-ye-ah - The Legend of a Sigh (1991, Tahmineh Milani, Iran)

25. Al-ard - The Earth (1969, Youssef Chahine, Egypt)

26. Lakposhtha parvaz mikonand - Turtles Can Fly (2004, Bahman Ghobadi, Iran)

27. Al Dhakira al Khasba - Fertile Memory (1980, Michel Khleifi, Palestine)

28. Nimeh-ye penhan - The Hidden Half (2001, Tahmineh Milani, Iran)

29. Gece yolculugu - Night Journey (1989, Ömer Kavur, Turkey)

30. Chaharshanbe-soori - Fireworks Wednesday (2006, Asghar Farhadi, Iran)

31. The Syrian Bride (2004, Eran Riklis, Israel)

32. Layali ibn awa - The Night of the Jackal (1988, Abdellatif Abdelhamid, Syria)

33. Darbareye Elly - About Elly (2009, Asghar Farhadi, Iran)

sebby

Post by sebby » August 20th, 2018, 8:27 am

ده. کلوزآپ ، نمای نزدیک

من امیدوارم که سلول خیرخواه ما این اجازه را به این گوهر مبهم برای این چالش برساند. این احتمالا به اندازه کافی میان شرق نیست که بتواند قوانین کاملا صحیح و منطقی را مطرح کند، اما نمی تواند صدمه ببیند که من حدس بزنم.

به هر حال این یک روحیه شگفت انگیز بود. قسمت مورد علاقه من زمانی اتفاق افتاد که مرد آن چیز را گفت و این باعث شد که گریه کنم.

9.5/10

SpoilerShow
01 a time for drunken horses 2000 - 6/10
02 Cheraghi dar meh 2008 - 8/10
03 leila 1997 - 6.5/10
04 the other side of hope 2017 - 6.5/10
05 paradise now 2005 - 6/10
08 the pear tree 1998 - 6.5/10
22 the day i became a woman 2000 - 7.5/10
what's in a #. cairo station 1958 - 7/10
you tell me. under the bombs 2007 - 3/10
ده. کلوزآپ ، نمای نزدیک

flaiky

Post by flaiky » August 20th, 2018, 10:24 am

SpoilerShow
1. Children of Heaven (1997, Majid Majidi)
2. Last Men in Aleppo (2017, Feras Fayyad)
3. Divine Intervention (2002, Elia Suleiman)
4. Turtles Can Fly (2004, Bahman Ghobadi)
^Goes straight to the top of my poll ballot
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

sol
Donator

Post by sol » August 20th, 2018, 11:26 am

Middle Eastern PromisesShow
1. A Time for Drunken Horses (2000) Iran
2. Footnote (2011) Israel
3. The Testament (2017) Israel
4. The Wedding Plan (2016) Israel

5. Hunting Elephants (2013) Israel

Israeli comedy about a teenager and his grandfather robbing a bank. The best moments come from Patrick Stewart as the boy's estranged uncle from Britain. A classically trained Shakespearean actor reduced to performing Star Wars on stage, Stewart brings apt swagger and pomposity to the part, asking for "background" for his "character" and insisting on a monologue during the robbery. The drama does not work quite so well and the back and forth time structure never really coalesces, but this is an amusing little film about mental agility transcending age.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 21st, 2018, 2:27 am

11. Zende bad / Long live....! / Viva (Iran 79) - double
First Iranian film I've found that was set during the 1979 Revolution. Obviously the mullahs hadn't taken over yet - tone is Marxist rather than Islamic. Quite gripping.

SpoilerShow
10. Shorts (triple):
a. An mard motor darad / Of Men and Motorcycles (Iran 08, 26m)
b. Kozmak / Wound (Iran 14, 20m) - [not on IMDb]
c. Behesht Kojast / Where is the heaven (Iran 13, 14m)

sol
Donator

Post by sol » August 21st, 2018, 9:49 am

6. Memories on Stone (2014) Iraq

While this Iraqi film never recaptures the tension of the opening bit in which we see a cinema raided for screening the forbidden Yol, the subsequent film is fascinating as we see all the difficulties that come with making a movie in contemporary Iraq. Most notable are funding issues, the smuggling of equipment from Iran and the need of any actresses to get their family's permission to appear in the film - all of which causes the film to question just how free Iraqis are 30 years after cinemas were raided for screening Kurdish movies. Great ending too.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

sol
Donator

Post by sol » August 21st, 2018, 12:10 pm

7. Waltz with Bashir (2008) Israel

Labeled by some as a documentary, this animated film has director Ari Folman interviewing those who served with him during the 1982 Lebanon War while trying to piece faded memories together. The film is at its best when philosophical ("memory is alive - it's dynamic") in Folman's quest to remember and his uncertainty if a recurring nightmare in a repressed memory or his mind "filling in the blanks". The film may have benefited though from focusing more on Folman throughout (and the dynamics of memory) rather than going off on tangents with other war veterans.
Image Image Image

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » August 21st, 2018, 3:14 pm

24. 'El aydi el naema' / 'Soft Hands' / 1963, Mahmoud Zulfikar / 6.5 or 7/10 / Egypt
25. 'Yarali kurt' / 'The Wounded Wolf' / 1972, Lütfi Akad / 6 or 6.5/10 / Turkey
26. 'Namuslu' / 'The Honest One' / 1984, Ertem Egilmez / 7.5/10 / Turkey
27. 'Ehmedê Xanî'den: Mem û Zîn' / 'Mem û Zîn' / 1991, Ümit Elçi / 6.5/10 / Turkey (Kurdish)
28. 'Déluge au pays du Baas' / 'A Flood in Baath Country' / 2005, Omar Amiralay / 8/10 / Syria / France

Sharing Murat Altin's perceptive review of Ertem Egilmez's biting satire on social standing, morals and deft opportunism amidst a maelstrom of corruption and suspicion: http://www.perasinema.com/yesilcam-namuslu/. Sener Sen makes for a sympathetic and exuberant centre of attention as the at-one-time overlooked and emasculated husband and clerk who comes to be looked upon in a new light after being robbed while in possession of a bucket-load of cash. Newly respected and suspected of being complicit in the incident, he no longer goes quite so unnoticed and passed-over. A pearler of a set-up and delivered with pathos and humourous vigour.

Last edited by RogerTheMovieManiac88 on August 22nd, 2018, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's all, folks!

jdidaco

Post by jdidaco » August 21st, 2018, 9:57 pm

7. Dar kouchehay-e eshq (In the Alleys of Love, Khosrow Sinai, 1991) 8/10
8. Iran saray-e man ast (Iran Is My Land, Parviz Kimiavi, 1999) 9/10

SpoilerShow
1. Kharij al-Hayat/Hors la vie (Out of Life, Maroun Bagdadi, 1991) 8/10
2. Al-mohager/L'émigré (The Emigrant, Youssef Chahine, 1994) 9/10
3. Gizli Yüz (The Secret Face, Ömer Kavur, 1991) 8/10
4. Karanlik sular (The Serpent's Tale, Kutlug Ataman, 1994) 8/10
5. Kit Kat (Daoud Abdel Sayed, 1991) 8/10
6. Al-kompars (The Extras, Nabil Maleh, 1993) 8.5/10

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » August 21st, 2018, 10:22 pm

I was away from the internet for a few days so I'm posting four days worth of viewings now.

20. Disturbing the Peace (2016 / Stephen Apkon, Andrew Young / Israel, Palestione) FTV 7+/10 {4 checks}
21. Iron Island (2005 / Mohammad Rasoulof / Iran) FTV 7+/10 {47 checks}
22. Azem: Cin Karasi (2014 / Volkan Akbas / Turkey) FTV 4/10 {2 checks}
23. 3 Harflilier: Marid (2010 / Arkin Aktac / Turkey) FTV 4/10 {13 checks}
24. About Elly (2009 / Asghar Farhadi / Iran) FTV 9/10 {1409 checks}
25. From Iran, A Separation (2013 / Azadeh Moussavi, Kourosh Ataee / Iran) FTV 7/10 {3 checks}
26. This is Not a Film (2011 / Moitaba Mirtahmaslo, Jafar Panahi / Iran) FTV 5/10 {842 checks}
27. The Mirror (1997 / Jafar Panahi / Iran) 8+/10 {306 checks}
28. Waltz With Bashir (2008 / Ari Folman / Israel) FTV 8/10 {8937 checks}
29. Two Women (1999 / Tahmeneh Milani / Iran) FTV 7+/10 {23 checks}
30. The Kindergarten Teacher (2014 / Nadav Lapid / Iran) FTV 8+/10 {59 checks}

Stuck in the Middle With YouShow

20. Disturbing the Peace (2016 / Stephen Apkon, Andrew Young / Israel, Palestione) FTV 7+/10 {4 checks}
25. From Iran, A Separation (2013 / Azadeh Moussavi, Kourosh Ataee / Iran) FTV 7/10 {3 checks}
26. This is Not a Film (2011 / Moitaba Mirtahmaslo, Jafar Panahi / Iran) FTV 5/10 {842 checks}

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 22nd, 2018, 1:28 am

12. Shorts2 (triple)
d. Emza / The signature (Iran 14, 17m) [not on IMDb] - #1
e. Boogh / The horn (Iran 05, 10m) [not on IMDb] - #1
f. Peace (Iran 14, 4m) [not on IMDb] - #1
g. Dars / The lesson (Iran 12, 15m) [not on IMBD] - #1
h. Jaye doost, jaye doshman / Friend’s place, enemy’s place (Iran 07, 15m) not on IMDB - #1

13. Shabah-e kazhdom / Spectre of Scorpion (Iran 87) - #4 - double
Black-comedy addition to the films about films niche.

SpoilerShow
10. Shorts (triple):
12. Shorts2 (triple)
d. Emza / The signature (Iran 14, 17m) [not on IMDb]
e. Boogh / The horn (Iran 05, 10m) [not on IMDb]
f. Peace (Iran 14, 4m) [not on IMDb]
g. Dars / The lesson (Iran 12, 15m) [not on IMBb]
h. Jaye doost, jaye doshman / Friend’s place, enemy’s place (Iran 07, 15m) [not on IMDb]
13. Shabah-e kazhdom / Spectre of Scorpion / The monster (Iran 87) - double

sebby

Post by sebby » August 22nd, 2018, 9:19 am

11 turtles can fly 2004 - 6/10
12 mossafer 1974 - 6.5/10

SpoilerShow
03 leila 1997 - 6.5/10
ده. کلوزآپ ، نمای نزدیک

sol
Donator

Post by sol » August 22nd, 2018, 3:35 pm

8. Divorce Iranian Style (1998) Iran

Potent moments in this documentary come when a judge concedes that any girl who has reached puberty can marry and when it is revealed that if a woman remarries, her children immediately fall into the previous husband's custody. The most memorable part though has a preteen girl imitate the judge (see above) - something that seems cute until one realises that to her this is normal and this is how she will grow up to believe the world is like. I would have liked more focus on this angle and child marriage, but this is still pretty interesting.
Image Image Image

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 22nd, 2018, 4:05 pm

Reminder: NOT the Mid-WestShow
1. Under the Shadow (2016, Iran)
2. My Father and My Son (2005, Turkey)
3. Where Should the Birds Fly (2013, Palestine)
"4. Shorts:
P Like Pelican (1972, Iran, 25m)
The Night It Rained (1967, Iran, 35m)"
5. Salaam Cinema (1995)
6. Five Broken Cameras (2011, Palestine)
7. Streets of Jerusalem (2004, Canada/Israel)
8. A Touch of Spice (2003, Greece/Turkey co-production)
9. Yol (1982, Turkey)
10. Sinai Field Mission (1978, USA - filmed in Egypt)

This one kept popping up when I was searching for Middle Eastern films... turns out it was shot entirely on location in Egypt. This is probably the weakest Wiseman I've seen, and I have to say I got almost nothing out of this documentary. It's a typical fly-on-the-wall style, but it doesn't work here. The issue and mission is too complex without exposition, and there's a whole lot of important nothing going on that doesn't make sense without context. Plus it's paced so mind-bogglingly slow that it makes other Wiseman films feel like a Michael Bay action film.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » August 23rd, 2018, 1:10 am

31. El-Cin (2013 / Hasan Karacadas / Turkey) FTV 5/10 {20 checks}
32. Ammar 2: Cin Istilasi (2016 / Ozgur Bakar / Turkey) FTV 5/10 {3 checks}
33. Border Cafe (2005 / Kambuzia Partovi / Iran, Turkey) FTV 8/10 {27 checks}
34. Cairo Time (2009 / Ruba Nadda / Egypt) FTV 8/10 {238 checks}
35. Musallat (2007 / Alper Mestci / Turkey) FTV 6/10 {92 checks}

Stuck in the Middle With YouShow

31. El-Cin (2013 / Hasan Karacadas / Turkey) FTV 5/10 {20 checks}
32. Ammar 2: Cin Istilasi (2016 / Ozgur Bakar / Turkey) FTV 5/10 {3 checks}
33. Border Cafe (2005 / Kambuzia Partovi / Iran, Turkey) FTV 8/10 {27 checks}
34. Cairo Time (2009 / Ruba Nadda / Egypt) FTV 8/10 {238 checks}
35. Musallat (2007 / Alper Mestci / Turkey) FTV 6/10 {92 checks}

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » August 23rd, 2018, 1:49 am

14. An seh / Those three (Iran 07) - triple
Bleak.

SpoilerShow
10. Shorts (triple):
12. Shorts2 (triple)
d. Emza / The signature (Iran 14, 17m) [not on IMDb]
e. Boogh / The horn (Iran 05, 10m) [not on IMDb]
f. Peace (Iran 14, 4m) [not on IMDb]
g. Dars / The lesson (Iran 12, 15m) [not on IMBb]
h. Jaye doost, jaye doshman / Friend’s place, enemy’s place (Iran 07, 15m) [not on IMDb]
13. Shabah-e kazhdom / Spectre of Scorpion / The monster (Iran 87) - double
14. An seh / Those three (Iran 07) - triple

flaiky

Post by flaiky » August 23rd, 2018, 10:42 am

SpoilerShow
1. Children of Heaven (1997, Majid Majidi)
2. Last Men in Aleppo (2017, Feras Fayyad)
3. Divine Intervention (2002, Elia Suleiman)
4. Turtles Can Fly (2004, Bahman Ghobadi)
5. Paradise Now (2005, Hany Abu-Assad)
6. A Time For Drunken Horses (2000, Bahman Ghobadi)
Let the ashes fly
ICM | Letterboxd | All-time stats

sol
Donator

Post by sol » August 23rd, 2018, 12:10 pm

8. Divorce Iranian Style (1998) Iran

9. The Serpent of Death (1990) Egypt

This adventure thriller initially promises to be an Indiana Jones clone, but the action is very limited and the characters are fairly lifeless (more charismatic villains would have helped). The film's biggest plus is the on-location shooting, with some very atmospheric shots against the pyramids at night; there is also provides a perfectly rousing score in the vein of Vangelis. In general though, the film screams of lost opportunities. More could have been made of a suspicious murder, a strained father/son supporting characters subplot and so on.
Image Image Image

sebby

Post by sebby » August 24th, 2018, 8:34 am

close-up long shot 1996 - 5/10
The number you are looking for is FOURTEEN. circumstance 2011 - 5.5/10

SpoilerShow
03 leila 1997 - 6.5/10
ده. کلوزآپ ، نمای نزدیک

72allinncallme
Donator

Post by 72allinncallme » August 24th, 2018, 4:26 pm

3. Chaharshanbe-soori (2006)
SpoilerShow
1. Ayneh (1997)
3. Chaharshanbe-soori (2006)

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » August 24th, 2018, 4:51 pm

I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it g…Show
1. Haji Agha actore cinema / Haji Agha, the Cinema Actor (Ovanes Ohanian, 1933, Iran)
2. Avodah / Work (Helmar Lerski, 1935, Palestine)
3. Adamah / Tomorrow's a Wonderful Day (Helmar Lerski, 1947. Israel/Palestine)
4. Dananir (Ahmed Badrakhan, 1940, Egypt)
5. Afrita hanem / Lady Afrita / Little Miss Devil (Henry Barakat, 1949, Egypt)
6. Darb al-mahabil / Fool's Alley (Tewfik Saleh, 1955, Egypt)
7. Zi'ab la ta'kol al lahm / Kuwait Connection (Samir E. Khouri, 1973, Egypt)
8. Giv'a 24 Eina Ona / Hill 24 Doesn't Answer (Thorold Dickinson, 1955, Israel)
9. Two short films from 1983 38+28=66 minutes

a) The Great Sadness of Zohara (Nina Menkes, 1983, Israel)
b)Harb Aala el Harb (Maroun Bagdadi, 1983, Lebanon)

10. Sukka banat / Caramel (Nadine Labaki, 2007, France/Lebanon)
11. Three shorts, 25+15+20= 60 minutes, all from Iran

a) P mesle Pelican / P is for Pelican (Parviz Kimiavi, 1972)
b) Malek Khorshid / The Sun King (Ali Akbar Sadeghi, 1975)
c) Jaam-e Hasanlou / The Hassanlou Chalice (Mohammad Reza Aslani, 1964)

12. Eskiya (Yavuz Turgul, 1996, Turkey)
13. Al-makhdu'un / The Dupes (Tewfik Saleh, 1972, Syria)

Three Palestinian men - one middle-aged with a wife and kids, one probably in his 30s trying to avoid the government, and one a teenager who needs to help his destitute family, try to find a way to get to Kuwait to work and save themselves, and their only potential routes are all fraught with danger and illegality. A harsh and pessimistic film about the plight of these refugees, this starts out in a somewhat oblique manner, full of flashbacks but told in such a way that they are unclear and fragmented for a while; I suppose in some way this might mirror the desperation and craziness of the men, but it felt needlessly complicated to me. Fortunately things settle down into a more clear narrative before the 1/3 point and at that point it becomes something of a thriller and something of a moral tale, as we get to know both the men and the truck driver who they are paying to move them, hidden in a metal water tank, under the broiling summer desert sun. The ending, if predictable, is all too familiar to anyone who has paid attention to any of our current refugee crises. Powerful stuff.

14. Tales of an Island (Rakshan Banietemad/Mohsen Makhmalbaf/Dariush Mehrjui, 2000, Iran)

Three short stories, all taking place on the resort island of Kish in the Persian Gulf. This is listed at 76 minutes and containing only the second and third shorts on both IMDb and ICM, but the version I saw starts with Banietemad's "Baran and the Local" and adds 20 minutes to the runtime. This first might be my favorite; it's far and away the simplest and most direct piece but it never smacks of self-indulgence or meanders the way the other two do at times. A young girl, a tourist probably, befriends a local boy and they go out in a boat in the sea and their trip goes awry; a brief and fascinating portrait of the helplessness of women in this society. The Makhmalbaf segment is an essayistic portrait of the artist at work, trying to make a film on Kish at the same time as the elections are happening, and having to get back to Tehran to vote. Interesting but felt closer to a home movie than to any real statement of artistic vision. The Mehrjui final film is probably the most complex and fascinating as narrative, with a film-within-a-film structure that always remains rather hazy - it seems at first like a documentary is being made, then fiction, and the finale gets into some metaphysical/poetic conceits that I wasn't totally grasping; it's also somewhat funny, or is trying to be. I dunno; on the whole these were all worth seeing but I don't know that any of them adds up to much beyond an interesting experiment.

15. Stardust Stricken - Mohsen Makhmalbaf: A Portrait (Houshang Golmakani, 1996, Iran)

Exactly what it says: a portrait of Makhmalbaf in 1996, as he's shooting Gabbeh, and reflecting on his earlier career. Lots of footage from those earlier films, particularly Boycott which seems in many ways the defining early film in his development. Worthwhile for the insight into the director's developing politics and religious attitudes, but there's not a lot to it outside of these elements. No mention of his family except for a couple of scenes from the funeral of his first wife; little mention of other filmmakers, and the only on-screen representations are of Werner Herzog talking (through an interpreter) with MM at a festival, and a brief clip from Kiarostami's Close-Up. What the director's influences in cinema, literature or other arts might be, we don't get to know. Very focused then but also feels very incomplete. Still quite worthwhile if you are already a fan and this certainly increases my interest in revisiting those early works which I haven't seen since around the time this doc was made.

16. Chronicle of a Disappearance (Elia Suleiman, 1996, Palestine/Israel/USA/Germany/France)

Suleiman's first solo feature and the first film I've seen from this outsider among outsiders - a Greek Orthodox Palestinian. This is an absorbing and frequently very funny meta-film about the director's return to his homeland, and the small, day to day problems that Palestinians face within what was once their own country. My favorite parts mostly involve Adan (Ula Tabari), a woman who we see at one point trying to find an apartment, but being turned down on the phone because her Palestinian accent betrays her, and at other points being involved in activities that look criminal-terrorist but really aren't (using a hand-grenade lighter for example). There's also a recurring sequence of a car showing up in front of a shop, people getting out of it and fighting with each other, and scenes of the casual racism (but not generally brutality) on the part of the Israeli police. A lot of this was fairly obscure to me and I suspect I'll get more out of it on another viewing and after seeing more from the director, but it remained interesting throughout and reminds me a bit of Nanni Moretti's Caro diario - high praise.

17. Offside (Jafar Panahi, 2006, Iran)

This finishes off Panahi's features for me (apart from the newest and any future releases of course), and he has firmly cemented himself as my favorite currently-working Iranian filmmaker - though I still have a few films left to see from Rasoulof, and many from Beizai, the strongest contenders for the prize. I wasn't totally blown away by this as I am by many of his films, but it's still an excellent work with few or any flaws. Perhaps my slightly lower enthusiasm just has to do with my almost total lack of interest in sports, and the difficulty I find personally in understanding why a bunch of teenaged/young girls would care so much about football. At any rate this is very much in the director's usual wheelhouse which includes fierce attacks on the repressiveness of the regime - but cloaked in gentle humor throughout - and a mix of the documentary and fiction, professional and nonprofessional acting that is as always virtually seamless. Girls try to see the qualifying match between Iran and Bahrain for the World Cup in 2005, but of course are banned from the stadium, and pushed into a little corral outside the stands where they engage for the most part in pleading with or insulting the soldiers guarding them - who are in their own ways as victimized by the system as the girls, though they certainly don't often pay prices as high. My favorite bit is probably where one of the girls, who had manage to get in to see a bit of the game, starts to explain what was happening and the girls end up briefly creating their own little pitch inside the fence, and trying to drag a couple of the soldiers in to play. This doesn't last long - like everything else in the film, it's quickly interrupted, and another theme of the film may be that in such an intolerant and hidebound society, chaos is and disorder are actually the result rather than order and strict rule-following. And the wonderful ending moments of freedom and unrestricted joy seem all the more potent and ironic given the restrictions put on the director since this film.

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » August 24th, 2018, 8:19 pm

3. Chinese Ink / Heber Sini (Ghassan Salhab, 2016, Lebanon) [<400 Checks] [1990s + 21st Cent] 5+
4. Iraqi Odyssey (Samir, 2014, Irak) [<400 Checks] [1990s + 21st Cent] 7-
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » August 24th, 2018, 9:43 pm

sebby wrote:
August 24th, 2018, 8:34 am

SpoilerShow
03 leila 1997 - 6.5/10
ده. کلوزآپ ، نمای نزدیک
Sebby, can you please fix your posts here?

You had a judgment go against one of your watches. It sucks, and I've been there. I'm sorry the ruling went against you. But it's now become this whole "thing" and I'd like to see this resolved, rather than let it fester and get worse.

And to be clear, this is putting me in an awkward position. At the end of the month, I'm going to grab the standings from the OP of the three official challenges and run out the stats for the leaderboards and 2018 challenge series. As of this moment, your data from this challenge won't be included in any of that. I'm telling you this to set expectations for you and to give you an opportunity to fix things before the end of the month. No hard feelings or anything, just want smooth sailing moving forward. :cheers: