Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: Hospital, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Unoffical Challenge

Daviddoes

Unoffical Challenge

Post by Daviddoes » June 19th, 2018, 10:16 am

1. Mom and Dad (2017) 7/10

2. The Osiris Child (2016) 7.5/10

3. Mugen no jûnin (2017)7/10

4. Hiso hiso boshi (2015) 6/10

5. Kate Plays Christine (2016) 6/10

6. Dave Made a Maze (2017) 7/10

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » June 19th, 2018, 1:20 pm

allisoncm on Jun 19 2018, 12:47:45 AM wrote:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
1. The Misandrists 2017, in 0 top lists - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/the-misandrists/
2. First Reformed (2017) 0 lists, REWATCH 10/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/first-reformed/1/
3. Upgrade 2018, in 0 top lists, - 6/10 https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/upgrade/
4. The Wizard of Lies 2017, in 0 top lists - 6.5/10 the script may have been written so fast. The acting is good and the story is affecting, but the film itself probably won’t make the history books.
5. Sorry to Bother You - REWATCH - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/s ... other-you/
5. Eating Animals 2017, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/eating-animals/
6. All Summers End 2017, in 0 top lists, https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/all-summers-end/
7. Who We Are Now 2017, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/who-we-are-now/
8. Cargo 2017, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/cargo-2017/
9. Hotel Artemis 2018, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/hotel-artemis/
10. Incredibles 2 2018, in 0 top lists, https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/incredibles-2/
11. Roar 1981, in 0 top lists - If John Waters' Yearly Top 10 Picks were official, then I couldn’t include it in the challenge. Alas, it’s not official- yet.
12. Sherrybaby 2006, in 0 top lists 2/10
13. Kaboom 2010, in 0 top lists 5/10
14. Hereditary 2018, in 0 top lists, 6/10 (strong first 2/3s, wtf ending)
15. Indignation 2016, in 0 top lists 7.5/10
16. Nancy 2018, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/nancy/
17. Ocean's Eight 2018, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/oceans-8/
18. Saving Brinton 2017, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/saving-brinton/
19. Damsel 2018, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/damsel-2018/
20. Hollywood Shuffle (1987) Pretty decent directorial debut for Robert Townshend.
21. A Kid Like Jake 2018, in 0 top lists, https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/a-kid-like-jake/
22. Tag 2018, in 0 top listshttps://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/tag-2018/
23. Crossroads 1986, in 0 top lists
24. The Filth and the Fury 2000, in 0 top lists - The Joe Strummer documentary by the same director was much better.
25. Max et les ferrailleurs/Max and the Junkmen (1971) Great cast, ok movie. Great costumes worn by Romy Schneider.
26. Rodin 2017, in 0 top lists
27. Spiral 2017, in 0 top lists
28. The Lonely Guy (1984) 6/10 Kind of dumb, kind of funny.
29. Starting Over 1979, in 0 top lists 6/10 This movie is psycho, like the ex that just keeps calling back
30. Forever Mine 1999, in 0 top lists 6/10 Too many spoilers in actually discussing this movie. Not one of Paul Schrader’s better films, but not as bad as some were saying.
31. Gabriel e a montanha 2017 — a.k.a. Gabriel and the Mountain, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/g ... -mountain/
32. Testament 1983, in 0 top lists 6/10 An interesting exploration (by a woman director no less) about the aftermath of a nuclear attack.
33. Art and Craft 2014, in 0 top lists 6.5/10 A schizophrenic man scams the art world for decades. Would make a good pairing with F is for Fake, but I didn’t have time for that double feature.
34. S.O.B. 1981, in 0 top lists 5/10 It’s a self-inflated Blake Edwards/Julie Andrews vehicle.
35. Westwood: Punk, Icon, Activist 2018, in 0 top lists, https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/w ... -activist/
36. The Year of Spectacular Men 2017, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/t ... cular-men/
37. The Sterile Cuckoo 1969 — a.k.a. Pookie, in 0 top lists,
38. Crossing Delancey 1988, in 0 top lists I usually like Joan MIcklin Silver’s films. This was okay, but about the dating relationships of a woman and it didn’t strike a chord with me.
39. Gotti 2017, in 0 top lists https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/gotti/
Oh wow. You were one of the ten people that watched Gotti!

sol
Donator

Post by sol » June 19th, 2018, 3:08 pm

The UnOfficial StoryShow
1. The Perfect Host (2010)
2. The Girl on the Train (2016)
3. In the Valley of Elah (2007)
4. All the Right Moves (1983)
5. The One I Love (2014)
6. Cocktail (1988)
7. Detention (2011)
8. Hope Springs (2011)
9. I Sell the Dead (2008)
10. After the Axe (1981)
11. Clownhouse (1989)
12. Ocean's Eight (2018)
13. Just Before Dawn (1981)
14. It Comes at Night (2017)
15. While We're Young (2014)
16. The Rosary Murders (1987)
17. Children of Darkness (1983)
18. Deathtrap (1982) REVISION
19. She's Funny That Way (2014)
20. Head Office (1985) REVISION
21. Night Falls on Manhattan (1996)
22. Tully (2018)
23. Spring (2014)
24. Down and Out in America (1986)
25. The Couch Trip (1988) REVISION
26. Police Academy (1984) REVISION
27. The Falcon and the Snowman (1985)
28. Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road (2002)

This road trip movie is boosted by thought-provoking Zen philosophy, kooky supporting turns from the likes of Gary Oldman, Chris Cooper and Kurt Russell, plus an interesting dynamic with the protagonist relying on machines and gadgets (such as Magic 8-balls) to make all the difficult decisions for him in life. The film is weakened by an overly sentimental denouement and it is not always easy to care for the protagonist's first world problems, but this is generally lots of fun.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » June 19th, 2018, 4:57 pm

7. Fail to Appear (2017) 6/10
Nice short film about a social worker in Canada.

1. Jin yi wei (2010) 5/10
2. Ne me quitte pas (2013) 7/10
3. 46-okunen no koi (2006) 6/10
4. Reeker (2005) 4/10
5. Vacancy (2007) 5/10¨
6. Bloodlust Zombies (2011) 3/10

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » June 19th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Unofficially AWESOMEShow

1. Jerusalema (Ralph Ziman, 2008)
2. Nighthawks (Bruce Malmuth/Gary Johnson, 1981) (re-watch)
3. Purgatory (Ami Artzi, 1988)
4. If It's Tuesday, This Must Be Belgium (Mel Stuart, 1969)
5. Out of Control (Alan Holzman, 1985)
6. Traumnovelle / Dream Story (Wolfgang Glück, 1969))
7. Zapped! (Robert J. Rosenthal, 1982)
8. Nyamanton / Lessons from the Garbage (Cheick Oumar Sissoko, 1987)
9. Death of a Gunfighter (Don Siegel/Robert Totten, but listed as by Alan Smithee in the onscreen credit, 1969)
10. Upgrade (Leigh Whannell, 2018)
11. Angel (Robert Vincent O'Neill, 1984))

The Angel series must have some kind of record; 4 films made about the same character over 9 years (the first three were each a year apart), with the lead actress changed for every film. I don't know if the actresses thought they were going to move up to bigger and better things after doing these pieces of cheese, or if the producers just felt like they needed somebody "fresh" each time? At any rate, this first film is a very mild sexploitation pieces with "Angel", real name Molly (Donna Wilkes) doing the hooker-by-night, honors-student-by-day thing - I think there were a few films with this theme in the 70s and 80s - and getting caught up in dealing with a psycho killer. It's got some nice seedy low-rent Los Angeles location work, plenty of neon, a little bit of nudity and fun roles for b-movie stalwarts Rory Calhoun and Susan Tyrrell, so it's not all bad by any means, but ultimately it fails as anything really exciting in the exploitation realm, or as having something to say about life on the streets.

12Murphy's Law (J. Lee Thompson, 1986)

The sixth of the nine films that Charles Bronson made with British director Thompson, a partnership that served reasonably well commercially, at least in it's early days, but not so well artistically - not that either one probably cared very much about the latter, particularly not by the mid-80s. This one is average or a bit below that, a very generic action-cop thriller with maverick cop Bronson getting framed for a murder and having to find the killer - who is systematically killing friends and associates of Bronson - while also having to deal with an extremely annoying and foul-mouthed young woman (Kathleen Wilhoite in her film debut) who is handcuffed to him for a good chunk of the film. Wilhoite is irritating in the extreme and nobody else in the film helps lift things up too much, though there is some decent low-rent action, and the climax of the film takes place in the Bradbury Building which is always a good thing for those of us obsessed with great movie locations.

13. First Reformed (Paul Schrader, 2017)

Toller, an Episcopal priest (Ethan Hawke, in a tremendous performance) with a very small congregation at an historic upstate NY church is suffering both a crisis of faith and a crisis in his belief in humanity and himself, as his attempts to minister to a young couple (Amanda Seyfried and Philip Ettinger) lead to a number of additional problems, all while he also struggles with drinking, his health, and trying to get his church ready for it's 250th anniversary re-dedication. This is a powerful and very topical and issues-oriented film that gets into many of the problems facing both believers and non-believers in dealing with facts, reality, environment, and a host of other problems in our modern condition. If it's got a serious flaw, it's that it is trying to do too much in not enough time, and the shorthand it takes with some characters, particularly the "villains" of the piece, Toller's boss (Cedric Kyle) and a rich chemical factory owner (Michael Gaston) at times makes the film seem more a liberal screed than the nuanced and complex take on the problems that I think Schrader is really going for. And the ending...I'm still not so sure about that. This is a film to see again, to think about, to talk about. I can't say I've kept up with the director, but having seen this and his first film Blue Collar this year, I'm now a lot more interested in catching up to more of what I've missed. Definitely one of the best new films I've seen this year so far despite some nagging doubts (but perhaps those doubts are appropriate, here?).

14. 1945 (Ferenc Török, 2017)

August 1945, after the end of the war in Europe, and a couple of men, one old and one young, enter a small village and set the place ablaze with doubt, fear, recriminations, guilt, and hate. The two men are of course Jews, and the town of course has a history over the past several years that it would rather forget about. What are these two Jews here for? What will they do? Who will they accuse? Is their property now in the hands of these townspeople? This is a pretty well done black-and-white black comedy/satire (though with very little real humor) about how guilt over crimes unprosecuted and even unknown can be as destructive and consequential in their own way as war and crimes out in the open. It's pretty solid but I suppose I can't quite buy the power of guilt that is displayed here - I think far too many humans are readily able to actually see other humans as not being such, something we're seeing now in the USA and which we've seen throughout history. Far more likely that the villagers would have simply killed the two men and burned their bodies, and lied about them to anybody who had come to ask questions later. But that wouldn't make for a nice film that might make us feel like there's hope for humanity, would it? In any case, that's my own cynicism beating the actually fairly strong cynicism and pessimism on display here, and I wouldn't want to discourage anybody who actually believes the human race will still exist in 50 years from seeing this.

15. Alien degli abissi / Alien From the Deep (Antonio Margheriti, 1989)

I would have gotten to this eventually, being a fan of the director, but it's appearance on RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst helped to make it a priority. Alas it's one of the director's duller efforts, with a very, very predictable story involving bad corporate guys pumping dangerous waste into a volcano, which somehow gets the attention of a powerful alien who comes to earth to...I'm not sure what exactly, apart from kill people. Investigative journalists and environmentalists to the rescue! You have Charles Napier as the chief bad guy, that's always good, and a kind of cool alien monster that makes it's appearance in the last third of the flick, so it's no total loss, but I'd never recommend this to anyone who doesn't care about the director or need to see every cheesy alien sci-fi-action-horror film ever.

16. Te'alat Blaumilch / Blaumilch Canal / The Big Dig (Ephraim Kishon, 1969)

Pretty damn fine comedy about how petty arguments, hatreds, and mistakes between various bureaucrats, cops, and businessmen keep anybody in a position of power from doing anything about the titular character, a lunatic escaped from an asylum who has stolen a pneumatic drill and proceeds to break up one of the busiest streets in Tel Aviv, eventually joined by dozens of workmen and officials under the mistaken impression (because nobody wants to admit that they've made a mistake themselves, and shunts the blame on) that this is work that is supposed to be done. This kind of chaos comedy isn't always my thing but it works pretty well here and I think most of the humor translates pretty well to any culture that has inefficient or corrupt bureaucracies in place. In other words, the whole world.

17. Mapantsula (Oliver Schmitz, 1988)

Tough, uncompromising anti-Apartheid film made a few years before the end, banned in the country at the time of course but now fairly highly regarded I would guess. It's basically the story of Panic (who also goes by a few other names), a would-be petty criminal whose trouble with the law over small crimes eventually mutates into revolutionary politics. The film alternates between the narrative of Panic's break-up with his girlfriend and his abusiveness towards her and others, his total self-absorption which eventually starts to change, and scenes of him in prison being coerced into giving names and places for a movement that he really doesn't comprehend. The use of language - the police using Afrikaans as a way to assert their authority over a black populace that often doesn't understand it, and the different names given to Panic by himself and others - is a striking way of showing that not all authoritarian policies are obviously violent; dehumanizing people through treating adults as boys, through disallowing their use of their own names is quite telling.

18. Queimada (Gillo Pontecorvo, 1969))

Really quite surprised this is on no lists, though the problematic status of video copies of the film may be one of the issues. The one I watched was mostly an English-language dub (so I could hear Brando's real voice), but there are chunks throughout where the dialog goes to Italian, because apparently there's no longer English dub available - and even the longer film feels at times like there are important little bits cut. It's still a pretty powerful film, if not anywhere close to the director's masterpiece La battaglia di Algeri. Like that film it has elements that feel very documentary-like, very agitprop at times, though this is not based on any particular single historical event and might instead be called an amalgamation of the stories of many Latin American countries trying to achieve independence, with both help and harm coming from Europe, in this case in the form of Brando, a government official from the UK acting as much in his own interests as in anybody else's. Brando and Evaristo Márquez as his friend-then-adversary José Dolores are both outstanding and the film has a greater feeling of authenticity than most films on such subjects, but the narrative is a bit fractured and strained, perhaps in part due to the various editing issues I mentioned about. Still highly valuable IMO as a reminder of how little "freedom" really means to those who already have the power and wealth.

19. The Legend of Billie Jean (Matthew Robbins, 1985)

One of those films I've been vaguely aware of forever, knew had somewhat of a cult rep, but never really thought seriously about checking out, until I happened on a brand-new BluRay selling at GoodWill for $2, and the hot cover of Helen Slater probably helped in separating me from that change also. So I really had no particular expectations here, and was pleasantly surprised at a reasonably well done teens-on-the-run-from-the-law pic set (and filmed in) Corpus Christi TX, with a pretty solid cast including Christian Slater in his first appearance at 16, Peter Coyote, Dean Stockwell, and Lisa Simpson herself Yeardley Smith. The teens, wrongly accused of robbery and attempted murder, never leave the CC area and have several adventures and romances before an inevitable and fairly predictable conclusion, but not without becoming a news sensation fueled by (Helen) Slater's change of hairstyle and a youth-rebellion theme, and by the end we're sort of in proto-Thelma and Louise territory. I'm not sure why this film hasn't been resuscitated as a #MeToo anthem but it could be, though to be fair it's pretty shlocky at times and the feminist message isn't as well articulated as it could be - everybody's too busy making jokes, running around, looking cute and making romantic. And of course listening to 80s anthems like "Rebel Yell" and "Invincible". Anyway not a great movie but a surprisingly entertaining and even slightly thought-provoking one, and Helen Slater never looked better, especially with the short 'do.

20. The Stick / Platoon Warrior (Darrell Roodt, 1988)

Another hard film made during apartheid, this tells the story of a group of 7 white and 1 black soldier on a mission to find out what's out there in the veld that's been killing soldiers - rumors are that it's a group of tribesman painted as ghosts, surprising well-trained squads out of nowhere. This operates as both a horror film and a drama about how one of the men (the narrator) slowly comes to the realization that what the soldiers - and, obviously, by implication the government - are doing isn't going to end well. The copy I watched of this - probably the only thing available - was a pretty poor VHS rip with no subs for the (small) parts in Afrikaans and whatever tribal language was being spoken; I liked this a fair bit but I suspect it'd be even more impressive in a good HD presentation.

21. Sumuru (Darrell Roodt, 2003, SOUTH AFRICA/Canada/UK/Germany)

Alas the second in my Darrell Roodt double feature was not nearly on the same level, not that I suspected it would be. Based (supposedly) on the title character who appears in several Sax Rohmer stories, this is a really cheesy and cheap sci-fi action flick about a couple of guys from Earth or more properly the closer Earth colonies who crashland on Antares, a planet very far from the usual space lanes, and encounter a female-led quasi-medieval, quasi-religious-cultish society led by the title character, played very woodenly by the German actress Alexandra Kamp. Lots of very predictable action and fights between Sumuru and an evil cult queen (Simona Williams) as the two space guys try to convince Sumuru to not only let them live but to come back to "civilization" with them because humanity needs them. Bottom-of-the-barrel digital effects and surprisingly no nudity nor much real action or violence make this pretty far from either good sci-fi or good exploitation.

22. Rape (John Lennon/Yoko Ono, 1969)

Experimental narrative made for Austrian TV, I believe the only feature-length film made by this obscure couple that isn't about themselves. Basically a pretty strawberry-blonde Austrian girl (Eva Majlath) spends 77 minutes trying to get a (never seen) camera crew to leave her alone, imploring them in German and occasionally Italian to stop following her over the course of a three day trip to London. Obviously this is very much about Lennon and Ono's own lives as famous people and the inability they have to truly be alone and private, but there are some other interesting elements at work, such as the language issues (Majlath speaks very little English), and the questions that we the audience might have as to whether or not this is really an actress, and why she actually doesn't go further (like calling the cops, something she doesn't even threaten to do until the 1-hour mark) or calling on some big guys to beat up the camera crew. I found it all pretty fascinating and didn't get bored myself, and it's an interesting look into the "harassment culture" we might call it, before the word "stalking" was common in it's current iteration, and before cheap video cameras, cable news, and then the internet really blew up the celebrity culture to the point it's at today. I would expect that the vast majority of folks would hate this or stop it after 10 minutes.

23. Secrets (Frank Borzage, 1933)

Mary Pickford's last film as an actress and Frank Borzage's last western (apart from some uncredited work on the 1941 Billy the Kid), this is an uneasy mixture of western, romance and historical drama that has to be on all counts the worst film I've seen from any of the principals involved (who also include Leslie Howard and C. Aubrey Smith). First it's very uneven as narrative, with the first section (rich girl Pickford forbidden to marry poor shlub Howard by domineering father Smith) going on way too long, and the transition between the second (western) and third (political-modern day) sections so brief as to make you wonder if there are a couple of reels missing. Second, Pickford is just dreadful; I can't say I've been a fan so far but I have to say I'm not surprised that she retired from acting after this. One of the most wooden and fake performances by an Oscar winner I've ever seen. And third it's got a deeply misogynistic undertone throughout that is really hard to take, 85 years later. On the plus side, the western sequence isn't bad even if Howard is less believable around guns and horses than Humphrey Bogart or James Cagney were, and the photography is, as always with Borzage films from this period, pretty terrific. But this was overall pretty bad and a huge disappointment to this Borzage fan.

24. License to Drive (Greg Beeman, 1988) (re-watch)

Speaking of beautiful women, there's no question that Heather Graham was a big draw for audiences at the time - and for me, 25 years later when I first saw this, one of the last films I watched before moving back to the midwest. Spring of 2013 was a lot of hassle and much of what I watched then hasn't been retained in memory - I was drinking too much, not getting enough sleep, etc. So this mindless pleasure slipped out of mind and I thought why not give it another go now? It's one of those films that nascent film buff me in 1988 would never have watched, even for Heather Graham - cheesy comedies were the last thing I was going to pay to see - but it's really not bad at all, with the two Coreys headlining a cast that also contains Richard Masur and Carol Kane as Corey H's parents, and James Avery in a great small role as the DMV tester who Haim has to deal with. And it's also another one of those films that mostly takes place in one night, a how-can-things-get-any-worse story, and I love that kind of stuff. Plus it has made me finally tolerate a Billy Ocean song, the one that appears over the closing credits and is just perfect for this fun little slice of nostalgia.

25. Avenging Angel (Robert Vincent O'Neill, 1985)

Second in the Angel series has Betsy Russell taking over the lead role of Molly/Angel from Donna Wilkes; it's now several years later, and Molly is in law school after understanding cop Lt Andrews (Cliff Gorman in the first film, Robert F. Lyons here) has helped her along, keeping her secret double life secret. But there are new problems on the streets, and after Andrews and another cop are killed (in the first few minutes), Molly returns to Hollywood Blvd as "Angel" again, this time out for revenge! Susan Tyrrell and Rory Calhoun return from the first film, and Ossie Davis is also on hand as another sympathetic cop, and the climax is set in the Bradbury Building, so this is at least marginally more interesting than the first film from a production standpoint, though the storyline isn't any more original or compelling. Can't wait for #3!
Here's to the fools who dream.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 19th, 2018, 9:03 pm

6. Logan Lucky

Soderbergh doing another Ocean's movie...... It's been a while since I watched the first one of that series, but I remember it to be a lot faster paced and wittier. But I still found this one the be quite funny overall. It's a bit weird though that a bunch of not so intelligent men can think of all the clever stuff they came up with. 7/10
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » June 19th, 2018, 11:45 pm

31. She (1984) Avi Nesher / FTV / Rating: 5+
32. Xanadu (1980) Robert Greenwald / Rating: 4
33. The Island (1980) Michael Ritchie / Rating: 5
34. Uncle Buck (1989) John Hughes / Rating: 7+
“I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a mem…Show
1. Who Killed Captain Alex? (2010, Uganda) Nabwana I.G.G. / FTV / Rating: 7+
2. Anger of a Wonder Girl (2017, Nigeria) Ilochi Olisaemeka, Michael Oyong / FTV / Rating: 4
3. RoboVampire (1988) Godfrey Ho / FTV / Rating: 7
4. Star Knight (1985) Fernando Colomo / FTV / Rating: 6
5. Earth Girls Are Easy (1988) Julien Temple / FTV / Rating: 5
6. S.O.B. (1981) Blake Edwards / Rating: 9
7. SpaceCamp (1986) Harry Winer / FTV / Rating: 6+
8. Warriors of the Wasteland (1983) Enzo G. Castellari / Rating: 7+
9. Gor (1987) Fritz Kiersch / FTV / Rating: 4
10. Gor II (1988) John Bud Cardos / FTV / Rating: 4+
11. Killpoint (1984) Frank Harris / FTV / Rating: 5
12. Lowblow (1986) Frank Harris / FTV / Rating: 4+
13. The Blade Master (1982) Joe D’Amato / FTV / Rating: 4
14. The World According to Garp (1982) George Roy Hill / Rating: 10
15. Robot Holocaust (1986) Tim Kinkaid / FTV / Rating: 4
16. Star 80 (1983) Bob Fosse / Rating: 9
17. Galaxina (1980) William Sachs / Rating: 4
18. Flash Gordon: the Greatest Adventure of All (1982) / FTV / Rating: 7+
19. Weird Science (1985) John Hughes / FTV / Rating: 5
20. Grease 2 (1982) Patricia Birch / Rating: 6+
21. He-Man & She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword (1985) Ed Friedman, Lou Kachivas, Marsh Lamore, Bill Reed, Gwen Wetzler / FTV / Rating: 7+
22. He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special (1985) Bill Reed, Ernie Schmidt / FTV / Rating: 6+
23. Ewoks: The Battle For Endor (1985) Jim & Ken Wheat / FTV / Rating: 4+
24. The Gods Must Be Crazy II (1989, Botswana) Jamie Uys / Rating: 8+
25. Chappie (2015, South Africa) Neill Blomkamp/ Rating: 9+
26. G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987) Don Jurwich / FTV / Rating: 7+
27. My Little Pony: The Movie (1986) Mike Joens / FTV / Rating: 6
28. Revenge of the Ninja (1983) Sam Firstenberg / Rating: 7
29. Ninja III: The Domination (1984) Sam Firstenberg / Rating: 7+
30. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984) Sam Firstenberg / Rating: 7+

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » June 20th, 2018, 1:17 am

15. Eshtebak / Clash (Egypt/Fr 16) - double
1. Dakan / Destiny (Guinea 97) - double
2. His Majesty’s sergeant (Ghana 83) - Triple
3. Julia misbehaves (48)
4. Tasuma (Burkina Faso 04) - double
5. A stoning in Fulham County (88) - Double
6. The battle of the sexes (UK 60)
7. Bez konca / No end (Pol 85) - Double
8. Faraw! (Mali 97) - double
9. Le silence de la foret / The forest (Central Afr Rep. 03) - Double
10. Une femme pas comme les autres / An uncommon woman (Burkina Faso 09)
11. An ideal husband (UK 47)
12. Difret (Ethiopia 14) - double
13. 1918 (85) - double
14. The War of 1812 (US/Canada 11)
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

Mate_cosido

Post by Mate_cosido » June 20th, 2018, 3:12 am

21. Boy Meets Girl (1984, Leos Carax)

22. En el infierno del Chaco (1932, Roque Funes)

23. Cabascabo (1969, Oumarou Ganda)
Seen so far:Show
1. Carne de horca (1953, Ladislao Vajda)

2. Uchiage hanabi, shita kara miruka? Yoko kara miruka? - Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or The Bottom? (1993, Shunji Iwai)

3. Paradaisu byû - Paradise View (1985, Go Takamine)

4. Mueda, Memoria e Massacre - Mueda, Memory and Massacre (1979, Ruy Guerra)

5. Po di Sangui - Tree of Blood (1996, Flora Gomes)

6. Come Back, Africa (1959, Lionel Rogosin)

7. Babylon (1980, Franco Rosso)

8. Samba Traoré (1992, Idrissa Ouedraogo)

9. Lamb (2015, Yared Zeleke)

10. Ja-yu-eui eon-deok - Hill of Freedom (2014, Sang-soo Hong)

11. Koushoku ichidai otoko - The Sensualist (1991, Yukio Abe)

12. Eijanaika - Why Not? (1981, Shôhei Imamura)

13. Tabataba (1988, Raymond Rajaonarivelo)

14. Reindeerspotting - pako Joulumaasta - Reindeerspotting - Escape from Santaland (2010, Joonas Neuvonen)

15. Adauchi - Revenge (1964, Tadashi Imai)

16. Ne me quitte pas (2013, Niels van Koevorden, Sabine Lubbe Bakker)

17. I Am Not a Witch (2017, Rungano Nyoni)

18. Wei qing shao nu - Don't Be Young (1994, Ye Lou)

19. Dokufu Takahashi Oden - A Wicked Woman (1958, Nobuo Nakagawa)

20. Jia nian hua - Angels Wear White (2017, Vivian Qu)

21. Boy Meets Girl (1984, Leos Carax)

22. En el infierno del Chaco (1932, Roque Funes)

23. Cabascabo (1969, Oumarou Ganda)

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » June 20th, 2018, 4:49 am

1. Spokoj (The Calm) - 1980 - Krzysztof Kieslowski 7/10
2. El Dorado - 1988 - Carlos Saura
3. Beyoncé: Lemonade - 2016 - Beyonce Knowles, Kahlil Joseph, Todd Tourso
4. A Free Soul - 1931 - Clarence Brown
5. Wish You Were Here - 1987 - David Leland 8/10
6. No Frank in Lumberton - 1988 - Peter Braatz

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » June 20th, 2018, 6:24 am

1. Stander (2003)

jdidaco

Post by jdidaco » June 20th, 2018, 9:19 am

55. Bahía blanca (White Bay, Jesús Franco, 1984) 8/10
56. El Dorado (Carlos Saura, 1988) 7.5/10

1. 44 aw Oustourat al layl/44 ou les récits de la nuit (Forty-four, or Bedtime Stories, Moumen Smihi,
1985) 9/10
2. Sarikat Sayfeya (Summer Thefts, Yousry Nasrallah, 1988) 9/10
3. Lettre à la prison (Letter to the Prison, Marc Scialom, 1969) 8.5/10
4. Voice Over (Christopher Monger, 1983) 8.5/10
5. Thames Film (William Raban, 1987) 10/10
6. Gabbla (Inland, Tariq Teguia, 2008) 9.5/10
7. FVVA: Femmes Voitures Villas Argent (Women Cars Villas Money, Moustapha Alassane, 1972) 8/10
8. L’exilé (The Exile, Oumarou Ganda, 1980) 8/10
9. Kukurantumi (Road to Accra, King Ampaw, 1983) 7.5/10
10. Grigris (Mahamat-Saleh Haroun, 2013) 7.5/10
11. Mati Manas (The Mind of Clay, Mani Kaul, 1985) 8/10
12. Om Dar-B-Dar (Kamal Swaroop, 1988) 9/10
13. La cage (The Cage, Robert Darène, 1963) 8.5/10
14. Le professeur Taranne (Professor Taranne, Raúl Ruiz, 1987) 8/10
15. Les sièges de l’Alcazar (The Sieges of the Alcazar, Luc Moullet, 1989) 9/10
16. Le complot d’Aristote (Aristotle’s Plot, Jean-Pierre Bekolo, 1996) 7.5/10
17. Dirkie (Jamie Uys, 1969) 7.5/10
18. Habeas Corpus (Jorge Acha, 1986) 9.5/10
19. A! Onnatachi: Waika (Rolling on the Road, Tatsumi Kumashiro, 1981) 9.5/10
20. Yami utsu shinzô (Heart, Beating in the Dark, Shunichi Nagasaki, 1982) 9/10
21. Ablakon (Roger Gnoan M’Bala, 1985) 7.5/10
22. Niiwam (Clarence Thomas Delgado, 1988) 8/10
23. Totor (Turtle, Daniel Kamwa, 1994) 7/10
24. Clando (Clandestine, Jean-Marie Téno, 1996) 8/10
25. Melodrama? (Nikos Panayotopoulos, 1980) 9/10
26. Karkalou (Stavros Tornes, 1984) 8/10
27. Festival panafricain d’Alger (The Pan-African Festival of Algiers, William Klein, 1969) 10/10
28. Babatou, les trois conseils (Babatu, Jean Rouch, 1976) 9/10
29. The Shadowed Mind (Cedric Sundstrom, 1988) 7.5/10
30. O Recado das Ilhas (The Message of the Islands, Ruy Duarte de Carvalho, 1989) 8/10
31. Uliisses (Werner Nekes, 1982) 9/10
32. Anita: Tänze des Lasters (Anita: Dances of Vice, Rosa von Praunheim, 1987) 8.5/10
33. Los pasos dobles (The Double Steps, Isaki Lacuesta, 2011) 9/10
34. Mimosas (Oliver Laxe, 2016) 7/10
35. Illuminated Texts (R. Bruce Elder, 1982) 10/10
36. Slow Moves (Jon Jost, 1983) 9/10
37. Matière Grise (Grey Matter, Kivu Ruhorahoza, 2011) 7/10
38. Stories of Our Lives (Jim Chuchu, 2014) 7.5/10
39. Beats of the Antonov (Hajooj Kuka, 2014) 8.5/10
40. Crumbs (Miguel Llansó, 2015) 6/10
41. Slyozy kapali (Tears Were Falling, Georgiy Daneliya, 1983) 8/10
42. Prostaya smert (A Simple Death, Aleksandr Kaydanovskiy, 1985) 9/10
43. Urs al-dam/Noces de sang (Blood Wedding, Souheil Ben-Barka, 1977) 7.5/10
44. Love Brewed in the African Pot (Kwaw Ansah, 1981) 7/10
45. Rajul wa nawafidh/L’homme qui regardait les fenêtres (The Man Who Looked at Windows, Merzak Allouache, 1986) 8/10
46. Früchtchen - Am Äquator ist alles möglich/A Frutinha do Equador (Little Fruit from the Equator, Herbert Brödl, 1998) 8.5/10
47. Die Ausgesperrten (The Excluded, Franz Novotny, 1982) 9/10
48. Glut (Embers, Thomas Koerfer, 1983) 8/10
49. Valehtelija (The Liar, Mika Kaurismäki, 1981) 8/10
50. Hringurinn (The Circle, Friðrik Þór Friðriksson, 1985) 9/10
51. Sparkles Tavern (Curt McDowell, 1985) 8.5/10
52. Doc’s Kingdom (Robert Kramer, 1988) 9.5/10
53. Ordnung (Order, Sohrab Shahid Saless, 1980) 9/10
54. Die Macht der Gefühle (The Power of Emotion, Alexander Kluge, 1983) 10/10

zzzorf

Post by zzzorf » June 20th, 2018, 11:56 am

1. Devil (2010) - 6/10 (rewatch)
2. Star Trek: Generations (1994)- 8/10 (rewatch)
3. The Scorpion King (2002) - 9/10 (rewatch)
4. Carry on Spying (1964) - 7/10
5. My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) - 6/10
6. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) - 7/10
7. The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000) - 7/10 (rewatch)
8. Ernest Goes To Jail (1990) - 7/10
9. The Scorpion King: Rise of a Warrior (2008) - 6/10 (rewatch)
10. The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012) - 5/10
11. The Scorpion King: The Lost Throne (2015) - 6/10
12. Almodou (2002) - 6/10
13. See No Evil (2006) - 7/10 (rewatch)
14. See No Evil 2 (2014) - 8/10 (rewatch)
15. The Marine (2006) - 8/10 (rewatch)
16. The Marine 2 (2009) - 8/10 (rewatch)
17. The Marine 3: Homefront (2013) - 7/10 (rewatch)
18. The Marine 4: Moving Target (2015)- 7/10 (rewatch)
19. The Marine 5: Battleground (2017) - 8/10
20. The Condemned (2007) - 9/10 (rewatch)
21. The Condemned 2: Desert Prey (2015) - 5/10 (rewatch)
22. The Swarm (1978) - 7/10
23. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (1988, mini-series) - 9/10

24. The House of Magic (2013) - 6/10
25. Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins (2000) - 5/10

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » June 20th, 2018, 2:26 pm

1. T-Rex (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4151212
2. Wait for Your Laugh (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5710688
3. Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels (2011) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2050664
4. A Wrinkle in Time (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620680
5. 78/52: Hitchcock's Shower Scene (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4372240/
6. Town of Runners (2012) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2108648/
7. Icaros: A Vision (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4371680/
8. Sinatra: All or Nothing at All (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3838978/
9. Rolling Stone: Stories From The Edge (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7604980/
10. Bobby Fischer Live (2009) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1407053/
11. Stranger Fruit (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6642264
12. Spielberg (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7133092
13. Human Flow (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6573444
14. How to Talk to Girls at Parties (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3859310
15. Run for Your Life (2008) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1202576/
16. Rise of the Sufferfests (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5996244/
17. Ricky Gervais: Humanity (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7830574
18. John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8271714
19. Step Into Liquid (2003) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308508/
20. The Endless Summer 2 (1994) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109729/
21. Waiting for Lightning (2012) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754853/
22. Motivation 2: The Chris Cole Story (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4397414/
23. The Mercy (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3319730/
24. A Kid Like Jake (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6884200/
25. The Bad Kids (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5278458/
26. The Sinister Urge (1960) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055452/
27. San Francisco International (1970) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066326/
28. Kitten with a Whip (1964) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058267/
29. Little Evil (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2937366/
30. Racket Girls (1951) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043954/
31. The Sword and the Dragon (1956) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049358/
32. High School Big Shot (1959) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052891/
33. Gemini (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5795086/
34. Ramen Heads (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6764122/
35. Steve Martin and Martin Short: An Evening You Will Forget for the Rest of Your Life (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8075256/
36. The Upsetter: The Life and Music of Lee Scratch Perry (2008) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853157/
37. The Motivation (2013) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2755016/
38. Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8102036/
39. White Boy (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5635638/
40. Motivation 3: The Next Generation (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7150410/
41. King of Con! (2012) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6922126/
42. John Mulaney: The Comeback Kid (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5069564/
43. Saturday Night (2010) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1580427
44. Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060753/
45. Life of the Party (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5619332/
46. Blockers (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2531344/
47. Cabin Fever (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3832096/
48. Danger!! Death Ray (1967) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062035/
49. Escape Plan 2: Hades (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6513656/
50. Dana Carvey: Straight White Male, 60 (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6217368/
51. Norm Macdonald: Hitler's Dog, Gossip & Trickery (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6878486/
52. Amy Schumer: The Leather Special (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6616074/
53. Ralphie May: Unruly (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4454406/
54. Angels' Brigade (1979) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078778/
Last edited by blueboybob on June 21st, 2018, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » June 20th, 2018, 3:02 pm

blueboybob on Jun 20 2018, 08:26:43 AM wrote:1. T-Rex (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4151212
I was originally going to just let it slide, but since things are now becoming unwieldy, I must formally request that you use spoiler tags like the rest of us to hide what you have already posted for this challenge. Thanks in advance. B)
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

sol
Donator

Post by sol » June 20th, 2018, 3:07 pm

The UnOfficial StoryShow
5. The One I Love (2014)
6. Cocktail (1988)
7. Detention (2011)
8. Hope Springs (2011)
10. After the Axe (1981)
11. Clownhouse (1989)
12. Ocean's Eight (2018)
22. Tully (2018)
23. Spring (2014)
29. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne (1981)

This Borowczyk film is pretty slow to warm up with over half an hour elapsing before anything grisly happens, but once it gets going, whoa. At its best, Patrick Magee is strapped to a chair and forced to watch Mr. Hyde (a sex fiend here) sodomise his daughter in a scene that vividly recalls his wife's rape in A Clockwork Orange, but with silhouetted members and phallic gramophones. This is, however, a film where too much dialogue subtracts from the experience.
Image Image Image

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » June 20th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Done, i didnt do initially because for some reason spoilers dont expand for me on click

sol
Donator

Post by sol » June 20th, 2018, 3:22 pm

blueboybob on Jun 20 2018, 09:20:10 AM wrote:Done, i didnt do initially because for some reason spoilers dont expand for me on click
Might have something to do with your browser. I've encountered that problem before, somewhere, at some point (might have been when browsing the website on my phone).
Image Image Image

frbrown

Post by frbrown » June 20th, 2018, 5:12 pm

15. Starship Troopers (1988)

Six-part anime adaptation of the novel, which I haven't read. Unlike Verhoeven's film, there's little gore and no satire here. This feels more like a teen soap opera, with a soundtrack full of 80s power ballads.

The bugs look like this

1. The Return of Godzilla (1984)
2. The Mean Season (1985)
3. Massacre in Dinosaur Valley (1985)
4. Iced (1988)
5. Gefangene Frauen (1980)
6. Chained Heat (1983)
7. Reform School Girls (1986)
8. Agon: Atomic Dragon (1968)
9. Cult of the Cobra (1955)
10. The Flesh and Blood Show (1972)
11. Werewolf Woman (1976)
12. Vampire Princess Miyu (1988)
13. Rush Week (1988)
14. Murder Me, Murder You (1983)

frbrown

Post by frbrown » June 20th, 2018, 6:02 pm

OldAle1 on Jun 19 2018, 11:55:50 AM wrote:12Murphy's Law (J. Lee Thompson, 1986)

and the climax of the film takes place in the Bradbury Building which is always a good thing for those of us obsessed with great movie locations.

and the climax is set in the Bradbury Building, so this is at least marginally more interesting than the first film from a production standpoint
Coincidence, or are you actively looking for films shot there?

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » June 20th, 2018, 9:10 pm

54. Police Academy 3 (1986) *rewatch*
55. 3:15 (1986)
56. Sûpâ Mario burazâzu: Pîchi-hime kyushutsu dai sakusen! (1986)
57. Solarbabies (1986)
58. Doragon bôru: Shenron no densetsu (1986)
59. Haunted Honeymoon (1986)
60. Sorority House Massacre (1986)
61. Getting Even (1986)
62. Flight of the Navigator (1986)
63. Crawl Space (1986)
64. The Golden Child (1986)
65. Recruits (1986)

PUNQ

Post by PUNQ » June 21st, 2018, 12:23 am

Lost my flow on a World Cup and pro-wrestling kick, so I'm pretty much out of the competition. Regardless this is what I've seen the last two weeks:

23. Castle in the Desert (1942, Harry Lachman) - 5/10
--- The last Charlie Chan for 20th Century Fox before the commodity was picked up by low budget studio Monogram a couple of years later. This was during Sidney Toler era of the master detective and he delivers the usual fun snooping, full of wise words, we all love Chan for. This time at a remote mansion for the 'old dark house' formula. Perhaps a little underwritten then time around, but still worth wild for the Charlie Chan fans.

24. China Girl (1942, Henry Hathaway) - 5/10
--- Plenty of flaws, but I found George Montgomery's macho character oddly fascinating. That, along with good action scenes and Sig Ruman with a gun made this pretty cool. And on top of that, it also had Gene Tierney to enjoy, though I wouldn't call this her most memorable part.

25. Counter-Espionage (1942, Edward Dmytryk) - 5/10
--- The Lone Wolf Warren William and his poor pal Eric Blore get caught up in Nazi espionage in London. Even with the war angle, it's still your typical crime flick. Popcorn entertainment. Quick and fun, and not too much else at heart. Won't regret putting it on, though.

26. Captains of the Clouds (1942, Michael Curtiz) - 6/10
--- I know it's one of Michael Curtiz's less popular creations, but I didn't mind it as much. I did however love it more for it's mesmerizing color cinematography than James Cagney amd his usual antics, which sort of felt out of place in this one. However, there were other stars which came across better and helped make it come together alright.

27. Commandos Strike at Dawn (1942, John Farrow) - 5/10
--- One of the earliest of Norwegian resistance war movies Hollywood pumped out as World War II was well in progress. Stars Paul Muni as a gentle small village guy who escapes to England to guide the British troops in a surprise attack on the Nazis. Fairly good film, but a bit too forced in making the German's evil and honoring the bravery of us Norwegians. One of the biggest surprises about Commandos Strike at Dawn (1942) was the return of silent megastar Lillian Gish to Hollywood after a 9 year absence. Unfortunately they barely gave her any lines and she was mostly degraded to stand in the background reacting to what was going on, as if she was in a silent movie. Who better to do that, though? Still great to see her again!

28. Captain Midnight (1942, James W. Horne) - 4/10
--- Typical mess of a action serial. Did kind of dig the masked pilot angle to this crime story, but the rest was pretty much the standard ideas you see in all serials, this one 4 1/2 hrs over 15-episodes. Okay, but honestly not that memorable.

29. Don Winslow of the Navy (1942, Ford Beebe & Ray Taylor) - 4/10
--- 4 hours of random serial action. This time with the Navy and a evil gang controlled by a mysterious oriental. They are not exactly renewing the serial formula except for adding more World War II related plot, which honestly is not that different from what they were doing before the war. Sure, it fill the 20 minute episodes well enough, but it's not exactly a inspired effort.

30. Doku-ganryu Masamune [The Hawk of the North] (1942, Japan) - 6/10
--- Rather good Japanese production considering it was in the middle of the war. A little economical as it doesn't rely too much on battle scenes, but of course there are a few of those too, which helps shape this samurai story quite nicely. Definitely one for those curious about war-time cinema from the land of the rising sun.

31. Der große König [The Great King] (1942, Veit Harlan) - 6/10
--- The last time Otto Gebühr portrayed Frederick the Great. He was a specialist when it came to the king, playing his 16 times on screen! Knowing that, you'll understand you're getting the real deal here. A strong Nazi-era film. Perhaps not of the most dramatic, but always serious and deeply polished. There is always a unmentioned comparison with Hitler for films in this era, and you can feel some of the chills about it, but as long as you block that out, it's a quality film about King Frederick II.

32. Die Entlassung [The Dismissal] (1942, Wolfgang Liebeneiner) - 5/10
--- The follow-up production to Bismarck (1940). The acting is of high quality, and so is the overall polish to this film. Not so exciting content wise and perhaps tied too much into the legacy of Hitler to really appreciate it on a high level.

33. Die große Liebe [The Great Love] (1942, Rolf Hansen) - 5/10
--- Said to be THE most popular film in war-time Germany. Could mostly be described as escapism. The male lead does carry a uniform and has to go out to war, but the story is about the lust of a theater diva played by the great Zarah Leander, and doesn't really reflect the on-going war other than that. The romance is a very ordinary, if not a unremarkable one. The film was only magical for Leander's stage number, with the rest being barely lukewarm. At least it was worth it for Zarah.

34. Woke Up Like This (2017, John Elbert Ferrer) - 2/10 - FIRST CHECK!
--- Awkward filipino comedy about gender change that doesn't even make sense in a fairytale world.

1. Baby Face Morgan (1942, Arthur Dreifuss) - 4/10
2. Back-Room Boy (1942, Herbert Mason) - 6/10
3. Banana Ridge (1942, Walter C. Mycroft) - 5/10 - FIRST CHECK!
4. Beyond the Blue Horizon (1942, Alfred Santell) - 6/10
5. Black Dragons (1942, William Nigh) - 3/10
6. Blondie Goes to College (1942, Frank R. Strayer) - 4/10
7. Blondie's Blessed Event (1942, Frank R. Strayer) - 4/10
8. Blondie for Victory (1942, Frank R. Strayer) - 5/10
9. The Making of 'Bambi' (1994, Disney) - 4/10
10. Sherlock Gnomes (2018, John Stevenson) - 4/10
11. My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Forgotten Friendship (2018, Ishi Rudell & Katrina Hadley) - 1/10 - FIRST CHECK!
12. Bombs Over Burma (1942, Joseph H. Lewis) - 2/10
13. Boston Blackie Goes Hollywood (1942, Michael Gordon) - 5/10
14. Bowery at Midnight (1942, Wallace Fox) - 3/10
15. Bullet Scars (1942, D. Ross Lederman) - 4/10
16. The Wild Man of Borneo (1941, Robert B. Sinclair) - 5/10
17. Footlight Fever (1941, Irving Reis) - 4/10
18. Sing Your Worries Away (1942, A. Edward Sutherland) - 5/10
19. Boy Friend (1939, James Tinling) - 4/10 - FIRST CHECK!
20. Cairo (1942, W.S. Van Dyke) - 5/10
21. Gnome Alone (2017, Peter Lepeniotis) - 5/10 - FIRST CHECK!
22. The Swan Princess: A Royal Myztery (2018, Richard Rich) - 2/10
23. Castle in the Desert (1942, Harry Lachman) - 5/10
24. China Girl (1942, Henry Hathaway) - 5/10
25. Counter-Espionage (1942, Edward Dmytryk) - 5/10
26. Captains of the Clouds (1942, Michael Curtiz) - 6/10
27. Commandos Strike at Dawn (1942, John Farrow) 5/10
28. Captain Midnight (1942, James W. Horne) - 4/10
29. Don Winslow of the Navy (1942, Ford Beebe & Ray Taylor) - 4/10
30. Doku-ganryu Masamune [The Hawk of the North] (1942, Japan) - 6/10
31. Der große König [The Great King] (1942, Veit Harlan) - 6/10
32. Die Entlassung [The Dismissal] (1942, Wolfgang Liebeneiner) - 5/10
33. Die große Liebe [The Great Love] (1942, Rolf Hansen) - 5/10
34. Woke Up Like This (2017, John Elbert Ferrer) - 2/10 - FIRST CHECK!
- The Western Challenge 2016 & 2017, Asian Challenge 2016 GOLD medallist!
- The ICM First-Check Master!
- Member of ICM's 25,000 Checks Club!
- The guy with the most reviews on Letterboxd!

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » June 21st, 2018, 12:49 am

frbrown on Jun 20 2018, 12:02:15 PM wrote:
OldAle1 on Jun 19 2018, 11:55:50 AM wrote:12Murphy's Law (J. Lee Thompson, 1986)

and the climax of the film takes place in the Bradbury Building which is always a good thing for those of us obsessed with great movie locations.

and the climax is set in the Bradbury Building, so this is at least marginally more interesting than the first film from a production standpoint
Coincidence actually, though I do love the location, and may make an effort to see everything shot there eventually. One of my little projects is to eventually see everything mentioned in Los Angeles Plays Itself, and Murphy's Law is there though the Angel films are not. I've really become more and more conscious of location work over the last few years and it's become a big part of my enjoyment of many films.

And actually I just saw a third film with scenes in the BB building this past weekend, Marlowe (1969) which I'll be writing up for next week's weekly thread.

EDIT Oops I was wrong about Murphy's Law, it's not mentioned in LAPI, though Marlowe is. Not enough crappy films mentioned in Thom Andersen's masterpiece, I may have to re-think my rating of that....
Last edited by OldAle1 on June 21st, 2018, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » June 21st, 2018, 1:18 am

35. Witchdoctor of the Living Dead (1985, Nigeria) Charles Abi Enonchong / FTV / Rating: 7+
36. O.C. & Stiggs (1985) Robert Altman / Rating: 6+
37. Neighbors (1981) John G. Avildsen / Rating: 7+

Witchdoctor of the Living Dead:
This has all the typical technological foibles of a no-budget film including tinny sound recording, amateur acting, and frequently out-of-focus videography that often drive viewers mad (myself included), but it overcomes them with enough oddities of onscreen behavior and subject matter that I was fully engaged and entertained throughout. Among the highlights: snakes that emerge from zombie mouths, shape-shifting characters, slo-mo scenes that actually enhance the eeriness of certain events such as a grave opening and closing, odd choices of music oddly used combined with a percussive use of sound fx. Except for a scene involving animal cruelty I liked this a lot.
“I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a mem…Show
1. Who Killed Captain Alex? (2010, Uganda) Nabwana I.G.G. / FTV / Rating: 7+
2. Anger of a Wonder Girl (2017, Nigeria) Ilochi Olisaemeka, Michael Oyong / FTV / Rating: 4
3. RoboVampire (1988) Godfrey Ho / FTV / Rating: 7
4. Star Knight (1985) Fernando Colomo / FTV / Rating: 6
5. Earth Girls Are Easy (1988) Julien Temple / FTV / Rating: 5
6. S.O.B. (1981) Blake Edwards / Rating: 9
7. SpaceCamp (1986) Harry Winer / FTV / Rating: 6+
8. Warriors of the Wasteland (1983) Enzo G. Castellari / Rating: 7+
9. Gor (1987) Fritz Kiersch / FTV / Rating: 4
10. Gor II (1988) John Bud Cardos / FTV / Rating: 4+
11. Killpoint (1984) Frank Harris / FTV / Rating: 5
12. Lowblow (1986) Frank Harris / FTV / Rating: 4+
13. The Blade Master (1982) Joe D’Amato / FTV / Rating: 4
14. The World According to Garp (1982) George Roy Hill / Rating: 10
15. Robot Holocaust (1986) Tim Kinkaid / FTV / Rating: 4
16. Star 80 (1983) Bob Fosse / Rating: 9
17. Galaxina (1980) William Sachs / Rating: 4
18. Flash Gordon: the Greatest Adventure of All (1982) / FTV / Rating: 7+
19. Weird Science (1985) John Hughes / FTV / Rating: 5
20. Grease 2 (1982) Patricia Birch / Rating: 6+
21. He-Man & She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword (1985) Ed Friedman, Lou Kachivas, Marsh Lamore, Bill Reed, Gwen Wetzler / FTV / Rating: 7+
22. He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special (1985) Bill Reed, Ernie Schmidt / FTV / Rating: 6+
23. Ewoks: The Battle For Endor (1985) Jim & Ken Wheat / FTV / Rating: 4+
24. The Gods Must Be Crazy II (1989, Botswana) Jamie Uys / Rating: 8+
25. Chappie (2015, South Africa) Neill Blomkamp/ Rating: 9+
26. G.I. Joe: The Movie (1987) Don Jurwich / FTV / Rating: 7+
27. My Little Pony: The Movie (1986) Mike Joens / FTV / Rating: 6
28. Revenge of the Ninja (1983) Sam Firstenberg / Rating: 7
29. Ninja III: The Domination (1984) Sam Firstenberg / Rating: 7+
30. Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984) Sam Firstenberg / Rating: 7+

35. Witchdoctor of the Living Dead (1985, Nigeria) Charles Abi Enonchong / FTV / Rating: 7+
36. O.C. & Stiggs (1985) Robert Altman / Rating: 6+
37. Neighbors (1981) John G. Avildsen / Rating: 7+

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » June 21st, 2018, 1:24 am

OldAle1 on Jun 20 2018, 06:49:23 PM wrote:
frbrown on Jun 20 2018, 12:02:15 PM wrote:

Coincidence actually, though I do love the location, and may make an effort to see everything shot there eventually. One of my little projects is to eventually see everything mentioned in Los Angeles Plays Itself, and Murphy's Law is there though the Angel films are not. I've really become more and more conscious of location work over the last few years and it's become a big part of my enjoyment of many films.

And actually I just saw a third film with scenes in the BB building this past weekend, Marlowe (1969) which I'll be writing up for next week's weekly thread.

EDIT Oops I was wrong about Murphy's Law, it's not mentioned in LAPI, though Marlowe is. Not enough crappy films mentioned in Thom Andersen's masterpiece, I may have to re-think my rating of that....
I always get excited when I spot the Bradbury in a movie too. The best uses of it are in the original D.O.A. (1949) and Blade Runner, but here's a list of 77 titles that used it as a filming location. the list is from IMDb and I have not verified all the titles as authentic but it was generated from clicking on Bradbury Building as a filming location.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?locat ... nia%2C+USA

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » June 21st, 2018, 1:53 am

psychotronicbeatnik on Jun 20 2018, 07:24:14 PM wrote:
OldAle1 on Jun 20 2018, 06:49:23 PM wrote:
frbrown on Jun 20 2018, 12:02:15 PM wrote: Coincidence, or are you actively looking for films shot there?

I always get excited when I spot the Bradbury in a movie too. The best uses of it are in the original D.O.A. (1949) and Blade Runner, but here's a list of 77 titles that used it as a filming location. the list is from IMDb and I have not verified all the titles as authentic but it was generated from clicking on Bradbury Building as a filming location.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?locat ... nia%2C+USA
Yeah I looked at that list too; I've seen a good chunk of the features listed, probably few of the TV shows. I did go through all of The Six Million Dollar Man a few years ago but I don''t remember the building in that episode. It's such a great interior though, and actually all three of the films I saw in the last few weeks that are set there use it quite well, mostly for action sequences. But I can't say any of them comes close to Blade Runner or my other favorite contemporary example, (500) Days of Summer. If only La La Land had managed a scene in there...

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » June 21st, 2018, 3:19 am

16. Snowden (16)
1. Dakan / Destiny (Guinea 97) - double
2. His Majesty’s sergeant (Ghana 83) - Triple
3. Julia misbehaves (48)
4. Tasuma (Burkina Faso 04) - double
5. A stoning in Fulham County (88) - Double
6. The battle of the sexes (UK 60)
7. Bez konca / No end (Pol 85) - Double
8. Faraw! (Mali 97) - double
9. Le silence de la foret / The forest (Central Afr Rep. 03) - Double
10. Une femme pas comme les autres / An uncommon woman (Burkina Faso 09)
11. An ideal husband (UK 47)
12. Difret (Ethiopia 14) - double
13. 1918 (85) - double
14. The War of 1812 (US/Canada 11)
16. Snowden (16)
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

jdidaco

Post by jdidaco » June 21st, 2018, 5:48 am

57. Kontrakt (The Contract, Krzysztof Zanussi, 1980) 9/10
58. Osobisty pamietnik grzesznika przez niego samego spisany (Memoirs of a Sinner, Wojciech Has, 1986) 8.5/10

1. 44 aw Oustourat al layl/44 ou les récits de la nuit (Forty-four, or Bedtime Stories, Moumen Smihi,
1985) 9/10
7. FVVA: Femmes Voitures Villas Argent (Women Cars Villas Money, Moustapha Alassane, 1972) 8/10
27. Festival panafricain d’Alger (The Pan-African Festival of Algiers, William Klein, 1969) 10/10
30. O Recado das Ilhas (The Message of the Islands, Ruy Duarte de Carvalho, 1989) 8/10
32. Anita: Tänze des Lasters (Anita: Dances of Vice, Rosa von Praunheim, 1987) 8.5/10
45. Rajul wa nawafidh/L’homme qui regardait les fenêtres (The Man Who Looked at Windows, Merzak Allouache, 1986) 8/10
46. Früchtchen - Am Äquator ist alles möglich/A Frutinha do Equador (Little Fruit from the Equator, Herbert Brödl, 1998) 8.5/10

frbrown

Post by frbrown » June 21st, 2018, 7:37 am

16. Revenge of the Ninja (1983)
17. Mothra (1961)
1. The Return of Godzilla (1984)
2. The Mean Season (1985)
3. Massacre in Dinosaur Valley (1985)
4. Iced (1988)
5. Gefangene Frauen (1980)
6. Chained Heat (1983)
7. Reform School Girls (1986)
8. Agon: Atomic Dragon (1968)
9. Cult of the Cobra (1955)
10. The Flesh and Blood Show (1972)
11. Werewolf Woman (1976)
12. Vampire Princess Miyu (1988)
13. Rush Week (1988)
14. Murder Me, Murder You (1983)
16. Revenge of the Ninja (1983)
17. Mothra (1961)

Melvelet

Post by Melvelet » June 21st, 2018, 10:12 am

1. When Dinosaurs Roamed America (wouldn't know how to rate that)
2. Girl, Interrupted 8/10
Current recommendation: Mutter Küsters' Fahrt zum Himmel (1975)

ImageImage

Current focus: Germany, Spain

zzzorf

Post by zzzorf » June 21st, 2018, 12:17 pm

1. Devil (2010) - 6/10 (rewatch)
2. Star Trek: Generations (1994)- 8/10 (rewatch)
3. The Scorpion King (2002) - 9/10 (rewatch)
4. Carry on Spying (1964) - 7/10
5. My Little Pony: The Movie (2017) - 6/10
6. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) - 7/10
7. The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle (2000) - 7/10 (rewatch)
8. Ernest Goes To Jail (1990) - 7/10
9. The Scorpion King: Rise of a Warrior (2008) - 6/10 (rewatch)
10. The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012) - 5/10
11. The Scorpion King: The Lost Throne (2015) - 6/10
12. Almodou (2002) - 6/10
13. See No Evil (2006) - 7/10 (rewatch)
14. See No Evil 2 (2014) - 8/10 (rewatch)
15. The Marine (2006) - 8/10 (rewatch)
16. The Marine 2 (2009) - 8/10 (rewatch)
17. The Marine 3: Homefront (2013) - 7/10 (rewatch)
18. The Marine 4: Moving Target (2015)- 7/10 (rewatch)
19. The Marine 5: Battleground (2017) - 8/10
20. The Condemned (2007) - 9/10 (rewatch)
21. The Condemned 2: Desert Prey (2015) - 5/10 (rewatch)
22. The Swarm (1978) - 7/10
23. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (1988, mini-series) - 9/10
24. The House of Magic (2013) - 6/10
25. Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins (2000) - 5/10

26. Otenki-oneesan R (1996) - 8/10 (rewatch)
27. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein (1999) - 5/10

sol
Donator

Post by sol » June 21st, 2018, 3:45 pm

The UnOfficial StoryShow
5. The One I Love (2014)
6. Cocktail (1988)
7. Detention (2011)
8. Hope Springs (2011)
10. After the Axe (1981)
11. Clownhouse (1989)
12. Ocean's Eight (2018)
22. Tully (2018)
23. Spring (2014)
29. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne (1981)
30. Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984)

Okay attempt at a definitive Tarzan movie; big pluses are John Alcott's swooping cinematography and excellent ape makeup effects that allows the monkey suited actors to emote like human beings with looks of affection and all. The story varies in how interesting it is though. The feral child dialogue-free scenes are great; same goes for the initial scenes where he is taught English. All the Jane moments fall flat though and the whole thing is pretty dull until he is orphaned as an infant.
Image Image Image

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » June 21st, 2018, 5:34 pm

1. T-Rex (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4151212
2. Wait for Your Laugh (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5710688
3. Thomas & Friends: Day of the Diesels (2011) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2050664
4. A Wrinkle in Time (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1620680
5. 78/52: Hitchcock's Shower Scene (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4372240/
6. Town of Runners (2012) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2108648/
7. Icaros: A Vision (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4371680/
8. Sinatra: All or Nothing at All (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3838978/
9. Rolling Stone: Stories From The Edge (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7604980/
10. Bobby Fischer Live (2009) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1407053/
11. Stranger Fruit (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6642264
12. Spielberg (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7133092
13. Human Flow (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6573444
14. How to Talk to Girls at Parties (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3859310
15. Run for Your Life (2008) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1202576/
16. Rise of the Sufferfests (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5996244/
17. Ricky Gervais: Humanity (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7830574
18. John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8271714
19. Step Into Liquid (2003) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308508/
20. The Endless Summer 2 (1994) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109729/
21. Waiting for Lightning (2012) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1754853/
22. Motivation 2: The Chris Cole Story (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4397414/
23. The Mercy (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3319730/
24. A Kid Like Jake (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6884200/
25. The Bad Kids (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5278458/
26. The Sinister Urge (1960) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055452/
27. San Francisco International (1970) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066326/
28. Kitten with a Whip (1964) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058267/
29. Little Evil (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2937366/
30. Racket Girls (1951) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043954/
31. The Sword and the Dragon (1956) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049358/
32. High School Big Shot (1959) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052891/
33. Gemini (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5795086/
34. Ramen Heads (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6764122/
35. Steve Martin and Martin Short: An Evening You Will Forget for the Rest of Your Life (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8075256/
36. The Upsetter: The Life and Music of Lee Scratch Perry (2008) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853157/
37. The Motivation (2013) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2755016/
38. Kevin Smith: Silent But Deadly (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8102036/
39. White Boy (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5635638/
40. Motivation 3: The Next Generation (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7150410/
41. King of Con! (2012) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6922126/
42. John Mulaney: The Comeback Kid (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5069564/
43. Saturday Night (2010) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1580427
44. Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060753/
45. Life of the Party (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5619332/
46. Blockers (2018) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2531344/
47. Cabin Fever (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3832096/
48. Danger!! Death Ray (1967) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062035/
50. Dana Carvey: Straight White Male, 60 (2016) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6217368/
51. Norm Macdonald: Hitler's Dog, Gossip & Trickery (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6878486/
52. Amy Schumer: The Leather Special (2017) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6616074/
53. Ralphie May: Unruly (2015) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4454406/
54. Angels' Brigade (1979) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078778/
55. The Amazing Transparent Man (1960) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053593/
56. Santo Versus the Vampire Women (1962) -- https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055408/
Last edited by blueboybob on June 22nd, 2018, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vortexsurfer

Post by vortexsurfer » June 21st, 2018, 6:42 pm

16. The 10th Victim (Elio Petri, 1965)
17. Orgy of the Dead (Stephen C. Apostolof, 1965)
18. Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter (Yasuharu Hasebe, 1970)
19. Stray Cat Rock: Machine Animal (Yasuharu Hasebe, 1970)
1. Tag (Sion Sono, 2015)
2. The Marquise of O (Eric Rohmer, 1976)
3. Your Vice Is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key (Sergio Martino, 1972)
4. Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ron Howard, 2018)
5. There's Always Vanilla (George A. Romero, 1971)
6. Malatesta's Carnival of Blood (Christopher Speeth, 1973)
7. The Witch Who Came from the Sea (Matt Cimber, 1976)
8. Stray Cat Rock: Delinquent Girl Boss (Yasuharu Hasebe, 1970)
9. Stray Cat Rock: Wild Jumbo (Toshiya Fujita, 1970)
10. The Sinful Nuns of Saint Valentine (Sergio Grieco, 1974)
11. Drunktown's Finest (Sydney Freeland, 2014)
12. The Premonition (Robert Allen Schnitzer, 1976)
13. Ocean’s Eight (Gary Ross, 2018)
14. Without Warning (Greydon Clark, 1980)
15. Saturn 3 (Stanley Donen, 1980)
16. The 10th Victim (Elio Petri, 1965)
17. Orgy of the Dead (Stephen C. Apostolof, 1965)
18. Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter (Yasuharu Hasebe, 1970)
19. Stray Cat Rock: Machine Animal (Yasuharu Hasebe, 1970)

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » June 21st, 2018, 9:55 pm

18. A Fistful of Fingers (1995)
19. Chappie (2015)
20. Kevin James: Never Don't Give Up (2018)
21. La femme publique (1984)
22. The Ice Pirates (1984)
23. Deathtrap (1982)
24. Gorky Park (1983)
1. Office Christmas Party (2016)
2. Kill or Be Killed (1976)
3. Kill and Kill Again (1981)
4. Dave Made a Maze (2017)
5. The Objective (2008)
6. Africa paradis (2006)
7. Hereditary (2018)
8. House on Willow Street (2016)
9. Never Too Young to Die (1986)
10. Gza shinisaken (1981)
11. Walt Curtis: The Peckerneck Poet (1997)
12. The Pirate Movie (1982)
13. Come Back, Africa (1959)
14. Wolf Lake (1980)
15. Bill Hicks: Sane Man (1989)
16. Al-ins wal jinn (1985)
17. Chris Rock: Tamborine (2018)
18. A Fistful of Fingers (1995)
19. Chappie (2015)
20. Kevin James: Never Don't Give Up (2018)
21. La femme publique (1984)
22. The Ice Pirates (1984)
23. Deathtrap (1982)
24. Gorky Park (1983)

clemmetarey
Donator

Post by clemmetarey » June 21st, 2018, 11:12 pm

8. The Attack (2012) 6/10

1. Jin yi wei (2010) 5/10
2. Ne me quitte pas (2013) 7/10
3. 46-okunen no koi (2006) 6/10
4. Reeker (2005) 4/10
5. Vacancy (2007) 5/10¨
6. Bloodlust Zombies (2011) 3/10
8. The Attack (2012) 6/10

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » June 22nd, 2018, 5:25 am

1. Spokoj (The Calm) - 1980 - Krzysztof Kieslowski 7/10
2. El Dorado - 1988 - Carlos Saura
3. Beyoncé: Lemonade - 2016 - Beyonce Knowles, Kahlil Joseph, Todd Tourso
4. A Free Soul - 1931 - Clarence Brown
5. Wish You Were Here - 1987 - David Leland 8/10
6. No Frank in Lumberton - 1988 - Peter Braatz
7. Honeysuckle Rose - 1980 - Jerry Schatzberg 6/10
8. Blame it on Rio - 1980 - Stanley Donen 4/10

jdidaco

Post by jdidaco » June 22nd, 2018, 6:25 am

59. My Girlfriend's Wedding (Jim McBride, 1969) 9/10
60. Kanakerbraut (White Trash, Uwe Schrader, 1983) 8.5/10
61. Der Philosoph (The Philosopher, Rudolf Thome, 1989) 7.5/10
62. 36 (Nawapol Thamrongrattanarit, 2012) 8/10

1985) 9/10
57. Kontrakt (The Contract, Krzysztof Zanussi, 1980) 9/10
58. Osobisty pamietnik grzesznika przez niego samego spisany (Memoirs of a Sinner, Wojciech Has, 1986) 8.5/10

nimimerkillinen

Post by nimimerkillinen » June 22nd, 2018, 7:30 am

1. The Endless - Took place in the same universe as Resolution, kind of worth watching 2.5/10

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 22nd, 2018, 9:18 am

7. Big game

Mindless fun. Samuel L. Jackson is always enjoyable. 6/10
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"