Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: The Great White Silence, September nominations (Aug 30th)

Cult/Drive-In/Grindhouse Challenge

Knaldskalle

Cult/Drive-In/Grindhouse Challenge

Post by Knaldskalle » May 29th, 2018, 4:43 pm

7. Soldier Blue (Nelson, 1970). Exploitation at its finest? I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
1. The Doll of Satan (La Bambola di Satana; Casapinta 1969)
2. Double Face (A Doppia Faccia; Freda, 1969)
3. One Dollar Too Many (aka. I Came, I Saw, I Shot) (I tre che sconvolsero il West (Vado, vedo e sparo); Castellari, 1968)
4. The Beast (La Belva; Costa, 1970)
5. Blindman (Baldi, 1971)
6. The Grand Duel (aka The Big Showdown) (Il Grande Duello; Santini, 1972)
7. Soldier Blue (Nelson, 1970)
Last edited by Knaldskalle on May 29th, 2018, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Personal film goals for 2019.
ImageImageImageImage

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » May 29th, 2018, 6:01 pm

1. Keoma - 4/10 I find spaghetti westerns to be particularly bad. Starting with partial or full dubbing and the horrible situations. This dealt with racist characters and I am not into shootouts or violence, so I really hated this.
2. Una pistola per Ringo 5/10 - Not into the violence and rape and the main character who was just a mercenary.
3. Multiple Maniacs https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/multiple-maniacs/
4. Kyûketsuki hantâ D (1985) Cult list - 4/10 Not that interesting and a couple of things that make it inappropriate for children.
5. Maniac Cop (1988) 5/10 Pretty cheap thrills and second-rate acting. Okay at best.
6. Serial Mom (1994) Rewatch - midnight movie showing https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/serial-mom/1/
7. THX 1138 (1971) Cult
8. Bandidos (1967) 5/10 Spaghetti Western
9. Il grande duello (1972) 5/10 Spaghetti Western
10. Never Give a Sucker an Even Break - VideoHound's Cult Flicks & Trash Pics (unofficial)+ Weird list (official) - 6/10 - W.C. Fields is zany as always. It may not be his best film. Although it appears on the weird list, it’s not that unusual. Pretty random, though.
11. Ghosts... of the Civil Dead (1988) John Hillcoat is not the director for me. I have really disliked all the films I’ve seen by him, so I’m going to avoid his work in the future.
12. Das Experiment (2001) 5.5/10 I like this type of thing usually, but films like Experimenter
13. Xia dao Gao Fei/Full Contact (1992) - VideoHound's Cult Flicks & Trash Pics list - Didn’t like the portrayal of women or the violence, so despite liking Chow Yun-Fat for some other movies he’s done, this wasn’t for me.
14. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) 500+ Essential Cult Movies - 5/10 This is pretty bad, but Tina Turner's presence is worth watching it for. She's not an actress, but rather a huge personality. Throw in a crash or two and then you have this movie. The song for the closing credits said, “We don’t need another hero”, but perhaps, we don’t need another Mad Max.
15. Dio perdona... Io no!/God Forgives I Don't (1967) 5/10 was going okay until the violence toward women.
16. I crudeli/The Hellbenders (1967) 6.5/10 This was one of the better spaghetti westerns I’ve seen all month. Finally, a decent female character.
17. Arise! The SubGenius Video (1992) 5.6/10 Weird list / The mindfuck movie list - This was pretty weird, of course.
18. Knightriders (1981) - 5/10 https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/knightriders/
19. Navajo Joe (1966)
20. Night Tide (1961) VideoHound's Cult Flicks & Trash Pics 7/10 - It’s been on my watchlist a LONG time, perhaps around 10 years. MUBI was streaming this. We get to see a young Dennis Hopper. It unfolds like a normal movie, then takes crazy, wild turns.
21. Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo/To Kill a Jackal (1971) 2/10 Klaus Kinski is just so despicable.
22. El precio de un hombre/The Bounty Killer (1966) 5/10

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 29th, 2018, 6:23 pm

33. The Draughtsman's Contract (1982)

This was weird, but definitely enjoyable. A draughtsman is hired by a wealthy 17th century woman to sketch her estate in exchange for board, money, and pleasures. But then he uncovers a murder. And with that, you get the fun interplay between the stuffy upper-crust of British society and baser sexual desires. Might merit a rewatch to look for some of the details that escape the first viewing.

34. Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)

Rewatch. Background noise while I was doing other stuff. It mostly manages to recapture the magic of the first one, though not fully. I did like that it was a continuation of the story, like from the moment the prior movie ended. Some laughs, but not exactly a classic.

35. The Hateful Eight (2015)

I can't quite put my finger on this, but it didn't work for me. I thought the pacing was off, and the tension didn't build the way it could have with a little faster movie. And I definitely understand the criticisms about it being a stage play, as I wanted more scenery in the film.
Pretty sure I am the creepy uncle you'd watch these movies withShow
1. Dead Aim (1975)
2. Pajama Nightmare (2013)
3. After School Massacre (2014)
4. Heathers (1988)
5. Piranha 3D (2010)
6. Star Wars (1977)
7. Land of the Dead (2005)
8. Dead Man (1995)
9. Si può fare... Amigo AKA Bulldozer Is Back Amigo (1972)
10. Summer Lake Massacre (2018)
11. The Grand Duel (1972)
12. High Heel Homicide (2017)
13. Bigfoot's Wild Weekend (2012)
14. Cannibal Holocaust (1980)
15. Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001)
16. Bigfoot Horror Camp (2017)
17. Confessions of a Vampire (2018)
18. El Topo (1970)
19. Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! (1965)
20. Torso (1973)
21. Mondo Cane (1962)
22. Dark Star (1974)
23. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
24. Adventures in Babysitting (1987)
25. Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949)
26. Eraserhead (1977)
27. The Goonies (1985)
28. A Man Escaped (1956)
29. The Lady Eve (1941)
30. In the Realm of the Senses (1976)
31. City of the Living Dead (1980)
32. Day of Anger (1967)
33. The Draughtsman's Contract (1982)
34. Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)
35. The Hateful Eight (2015)

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 29th, 2018, 11:27 pm

I'll Grind Your House to Make My CultShow
1. Il figlio di Spartacus / The Slave / The Son of Spartacus (Sergio Corbucci, 1962)
2. Une corde, un colt... / Cemetery Without Crosses (Robert Hossein, 1969)
3. Il ritorno di Ringo / The Return of Ringo (Duccio Tessari, 1965)
4. Hundra (Matt Cimber, 1983)
5. The Gold Diggers (Sally Potter, 1983)
6. Una pistola per Ringo / A Pistol for Ringo (Duccio Tessari, 1965)
7-18. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 1-12 (roughly 6th viewing or so)
7. "When She Was Bad"
8. "Some Assembly Required"
9. "School Hard"
10 "Inca Mummy Girl"
11. "Reptile Boy"
12. " Halloween"
13. "Lie to Me"
14. "The Dark Age"
15-16. "What's My Line"
17. "Ted"
18. "Bad Eggs" -

19. The Keep (Michael Mann, 1983) (re-watch)
20. Navajo Joe (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)

Early Burt Reynolds starring vehicle with the (supposedly) part-Cherokee actor playing the eponymous character, who involves himself in saving a town's money for the ulterior motive of revenge on the robbers, who had massacred his whole tribe in the opening scene. This has some good action sequences, particularly Joe's single-handed takeover of the train from a dozen bandits, the usual fine music from maestro Morricone, and Reynolds' charisma, but it doesn't quite add up to anything beyond decent-to-good, mostly because the plotting is fairly silly and there aren't any characters to speak of. Which I guess makes it fairly typical, but I expected a little more out of Corbucci.

21. La ville de pirates / City of Pirates (Raoul Ruiz, 1983)

A typically fascinating, often humorous helping of surrealism from the director's most fertile period, this doesn't quite measure up with his best IMO. We have the usual - if anything can be usual in the world of Ruiz - semi-incoherent plot that takes place in large part in the world of dreams, a young woman escaping her horny stepfather with an enigmatic and much too mature adolescent boy who may or may not be a mass-murderer to the title location - which isn't really a city, and has no pirates. It's beautiful and weird and very hard to describe now, just a few days after I saw it, like much of Ruiz' best work, but this one didn't really start to gel for me until the last half hour or so. I'm sure another viewing will help... someday.

22. La belle captive / The Beautiful Prisoner (Alain Robbe-Grillet, 1983)

I never was a part of the R-G cult that persisted for a couple of years on IMDb's Film General, a decade or so ago; for one thing, I didn't have ready access to the films at the time, and I suppose it wasn't a priority to get to them - the one film I had seen, Un bruit qui rend fou, hadn't done so much for me when I'd seen it new, and there is always too much French cinema to explore. But I've seen a few films in the last decade now, and while not yet a partisan, I'm at least interested in continuing the journey, and this is probably my favorite yet. This took me immediately into the realm of dream in a way that the previous film by Ruiz did not, and while it might be said that R-G sticks to somewhat more conventional psycho-sexual tropes and imagery - and references familiar figures like Magritte - this just kept me thoroughly entertained from the get-go, and the dreams-within-dreams never got old and I never much cared whether or not I was being taken for a ride that would provide more than just the lovely surfaces and striking moments.

23. Blindman (Ferdinando Baldi, 1971)

Tony Anthony is the eponymous character, a blind gunman no doubt created to cash in on the popularity of the Japanese Zatoichi films - Italian genre filmmakers never let a popular series or idea go un-ripped-off. It's an amusing concept but unfortunately it's played straight here, and without explanation - Blindman is just able to shoot better than most sighted persons, for some reason, and that's supposed to be enough to make a movie. Well, it is a movie, but not a good one; even the presence of Ringo Starr as one of the main bad guys doesn't do much to enliven this rather dull piece of pasta. It doesn't even have a Morricone score!

27-30. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 13-16 (6th viewings, probably)

27. "Surprise"
28. "Innocence" - 2-parter where we find out the mystery of Jenny Calendar, her connection to Angel, and who the Big Bad for the season is really going to be. I sort of wish The Judge had been around longer, I get the sense they could have developed some comic potential, but seeing Buffy with the rocket launcher is one of the highlights of the season - and the emotional power of these episodes and most of the rest of the season really brings the show up.
29. "Phases" - Oz - werewolf, Oz and Willow. Yes, another take on classic monster movie tropes but this time it's one of the gang! Or will be.
30. "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered" - after some development for Willow, we get some for Xander and Cordelia, a backfiring love spell, and the return of Amy - a minor but actually quite important character in terms of her influence on the rest of the show.

31. Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo / Renegade Gun / Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead (Giuseppe Vari, 1971)

Sometimes the titles are the best things about spaghettis; in this case while the film doesn't quite live up to the coolness of it's name, we have a pretty solid and vicious two-part western. The first half is all closed-in, an isolated telegraph station where outlaws and innocent stage passengers gather, with the vicious Dan Hogan (Klaus Kinski) keeping everyone under his thumb - for most of the time. He needs to get across the border into Mexico, but he needs to find the right pass, and it turns out that only John Webb (Paolo Casella) can help him - but Webb has ulterior motives. Once the group get going it becomes a chase/survival western, with desert, quicksand, and an Army contingent all threatening the band of outlaws and captives, which slowly gets whittled down. It's ultimately a little more conventional than it promises at first sight but this is solid enough work and Kinski, the Nic Cage of his day, is as wild and crazy as usual.

32. I predatori di Atlantide / The Raiders of Atlantis (Ruggero Deodato, 1983)

Listed as an Italian/Filipino production, this has an almost entirely Italian crew and secondary supporting cast, but was I assume mostly filmed in the Philippines, with the primary lead actors (Christopher Connelly and Tony King) Americans. It's one of those cheesy 80s ripoffs that the Italians excelled in, in this case mostly being reminiscent of Mad Max (the "raiders" who all appear to be post-apoc bikers), with some elements of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Death Wish and various other hits of the era. It also reminded me at times in the second half of The Six Million Dollar Man; something about the particular tone and cheesiness seemed reminiscent of the Bigfoot episodes on that series. And like the same year's Il mondo di Yor, it starts out as one kind of adventure and ends up as science fiction by the finish. Hard to explain the plot very simply or cogently (hell, the film doesn't try to, why should I?) but basically Atlantis, populated by savages with modern American tech, comes back to the surface after a submarine gets raised by an exploration team, the Atlanteans decide to raid a small island (I think - maybe it's supposed to be mainland Florida? who knows) , slaughter everybody, and then are attacked by the good guys who figure out where the angry hordes are from, and go to Atlantis to stop it. It's pretty whacked, terrible by most standards I suspect, but I kind of loved it.

33. Hercules (Luigi Cozzi, 1983)

And I kind of loved this one too, though I'm overall less enamored of barbarian films than of post-apocalyptic fantasy-sci-fi. And the utter cheapness of the effects (except for the stop-motion stuff which is kind of cool) and abysmal acting do get in the way here - but not so much that it isn't still fun. There's a good 10 minutes of portentously-voiced exposition about how the gods and man were created, and why Zeus created Hercules (they mix up Greek and Latin names all over here, what do you expect), and then we get Lou Ferrigno as out muscle-man, having his adoptive parents slain in the next few minutes and going on to avenge them and eventually win the beauteous Cassiopeia. The bear fight is one of the worst things ever - until ol' Herc tosses the defeated ursine into the stars, as he does with a couple of others foes later in the film. Bad fun all around.

34. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Stephen Chiodo, 1988)

I don't know why, but I expected great things from this - I suppose it's the title, or maybe distant memories of somebody(ies) I trusted raving about it, but this turned out to be rather a disappointment. Really a one-joke flick - there's this town, there are evil creatures from space that not only look like clowns but act like them - fire popcorn guns, envelop people in cotton candy, laugh insane laughs, etc, and our fairly bloodless young heroes have to stop them. That's it. John Vernon is on hand as the total asshole cop who doesn't believe (or care) what's happening, and he's pretty amusing, and the production design is pretty awesome, but this felt long at just under 90 minutes.
Last edited by OldAle1 on May 30th, 2018, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's to the fools who dream.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » May 30th, 2018, 12:06 am

OldAle1 on May 29 2018, 05:27:04 PM wrote:31. Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo / Renegade Gun / Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead (Giuseppe Vari, 1971)
31. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Stephen Chiodo, 1988)
I assume Killer Klowns is #34, right?

PS: That's a disappointing review for that one... I'd been low-key excited about it.

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 30th, 2018, 12:41 am

maxwelldeux on May 29 2018, 06:06:16 PM wrote:
OldAle1 on May 29 2018, 05:27:04 PM wrote:31. Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo / Renegade Gun / Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead (Giuseppe Vari, 1971)

PS: That's a disappointing review for that one... I'd been low-key excited about it.
Fixed. Yes, disappointing. Especially given the era - so much of what is "cool' in the context of drive-in/cult/cheese to me is from the 80s; I was just out of college in 88 and this seems like the perfect movie from that era, at least a perfect example of stuff I'm looking for that I hadn't seen yet. But it just failed to excite me; sure on the whole it's better made than Hercules but to me it just got dull eventually, at least all the scenes that aren't in the clown tent/spaceship were dull. Great color and makeup though - not a total loss.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 30th, 2018, 1:11 am

18. Lake Nowhere (2014) 6

uncle pete's peepsShow
*rewatch

1. Cannibal Ferox (1981) 7*
2. Massacre in Dinosaur Valley (1985) 5
3. Iguana with the Tongue of Fire (1971) 6
4. Xtro (1982) 8*
5. Eaten Alive (1980) 7
6. Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals (1977) 5
7. Creature from Black Lake (1976) 7
8. Ciao Manhattan (1972) 8
9. The Beast of Bray Road (2005) 6
10. Strange Behavior (1981) 7
11. Le orme (1975) 7
12. Julie Darling (1983) 6
13. The Suckling (1990) 4
14. The Being (1983) 3
15. The Third Eye (1966) 8
16. Beyond the Darkness (1979) 7*
17. Absurd (1981) 4

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 30th, 2018, 1:20 am

peeptoad on May 27 2018, 11:37:29 AM wrote:
psychotronicbeatnik on May 26 2018, 04:08:20 PM wrote:Nice shots, peeps! Since the D'Amato is a remake, are they of the same murder victim?
Nope, they are each a different character in their respective films; I mainly tried to find two pics that were similar, but the scenes are different... and there are some differences between the two, but the basic plot is the same and D'Amato acknowledged his as a remake. Anyhow, in particular I rec The Third Eye, beatnik. I liked it more than I anticipated and you might dig it. :)
Thanks peeps! You did a great job of finding matching shots anyway. I've added both of these to my watchlist and will keep my "Third Eye" peeled for them.

:cheers:

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 30th, 2018, 1:23 am

74. Hercules (1983) Luigi Cozzi / Rating: 7+
75. Le orme (1975) Luigi Bazzoni, Mario Fanelli / FTV / Rating: 5
76. Allegro non troppo (1976) Bruno Bozzetto / Rating: 8
77. Star Pilot (1966) Pietro Francisci / Rating: 7+
78. Terror in the Crypt (1964) Camillo Mastrocinque / FTV / Rating: 7
Once Upon a Time in Italy, aka: Django and Maciste Walk Into a B…Show
1. Django (1966) Sergio Corbucci / Rating: 9
2. Minnesota Clay (1964) Sergio Corbucci / FTV / Rating: 7+
3. A Pistol for Ringo (1965) Duccio Tessari / FTV / Rating: 7
4. The Return of Ringo (1965) Duccio Tessari / FTV / Rating: 6+
5. Lucky Luke (1997) Terence Hill / FTV / Rating: 5+
6. Ringo, the Mark of Vengeance (1966) Mario Caino / FTV / Rating: 7
7. The Brute and the Beast (1966) Lucio Fulci / FTV / Rating: 8
8. Three Graves For a Winchester (1966) Emimmo Salvi / Rating: 7+
9. Man From Nowhere (1966) Michele Lupo / FTV / Rating: 7
10. Conquest (1983) Lucio Fulci / Rating: 8
11. Yor, the Hunter From the Future (1983) Antonio Margheriti / Rating: 7+
12. Starcrash (1978) Luigi Cozzi / Rating: 8+
13. Star Odyssey (1979) Alfonso Brescia / Rating: 5+
14. War of the Robots (1978) Alfonso Brescia / Rating: 5+
15. Ator, the Fighting Eagle (1982) Joe D’Amato / FTV / Rating: 7+
16. Planet of the Vampires (1965) Mario Bava / Rating: 8+
17. Navajo Joe (1966) Sergio Corbucci / FTV / Rating: 7+
18. Johnny Yuma (1966) Romolo Guerrieri / FTV / Rating: 9
19. Django… Adios! (1972) Roberto Mauri / FTV / Rating: 5
20. 10,000 Dollars For a Massacre (1967) Romolo Guerrieri / FTV / Rating: 8+
21. Django Kills Softly (1967) Massimo Pupillo / FTV / Rating: 7
22. Django, Kill!... If You Live Shoot! (1967) Giulio Questi / FTV / Rating: 7+
23. Death Rides a Horse (1967) Giulio Petroni / FTV / Rating: 8+
24. Goliath and the Barbarians (1959) Carlo Campogallianni / FTV / Rating: 7+
25. Hercules and the Princess of Troy (1965) Albert Band / Rating: 7
26. Erik the Conqueror (1961) Mario Bava / FTV / Rating: 8
27. Hercules in the Haunted World (1961) Mario Bava / Rating: 8+
28. Goliath and the Vampires (1961) Giacomo Gentilomo & Sergio Corbucci / FTV / Rating: 7
29. Argoman the Fantastic Superman (1967) Sergio Grieco / FTV / Rating: 7
30. Return of Django (1967) Osvaldo Civirani / FTV / Rating: 5
31. Wanted (1967) Giorgio Ferroni / FTV / Rating: 8
32. If You Meet Sartana… Pray for Your Death (1968) Gianfranco Parolini / FTV / Rating: 8
33. Long Days of Hate (1968) Gianfranco Baldanello / FTV / Rating: 7
34. Danger!! Death Ray (1967) Gianfranco Baldanello / FTV / Rating: 7
35. Goliath and the Dragon (1960) Vittorio Cottafavi / FTV / Rating: 6+
36. Hate thy Neighbor (1968) Ferdinando Baldi / FTV / Rating: 7
37. Requiem For a Gringo (1968) Eugenio Martin, Jose Luis Merino / FTV / Rating: 8
38. Rabid Dogs (1974) Mario & Lamberto Bava / Rating: 9
39. The New York Ripper (1982) Lucio Fulci / Rating: 8
40. Bloody Pit of Horror (1965) Massimo Pupillo / Rating: 7+
41. Black Sunday (1960) Mario Bava / Rating: 9
42. Castle of Blood (1964) Sergio Corbucci, Antonio Margheriti / Rating: 9
43. The Blancheville Monster (1963) Alberto De Martino / FTV / Rating: 6+
44. The Horrible Dr. Hichcock (1962) Riccardo Freda / FTV / Rating: 7
45. The Three Fantastic Supermen (1967) Gianfranco Parolini / FTV / Rating: 7
46. Baba Yaga (1973) Corrado Farina / Rating: 7+
47. Delirium (1987) Lamberto Bava / FTV / Rating: 6+
48. The Giant of Metropolis (1961) Umberto Scarpelli / Rating: 7+
49. Venus in Furs (1969) Jesus Franco / Rating: 7
50. The Giant of Marathon (1959) Jacques Tourneur, Mario Bava & Bruno Vailati / FTV / Rating: 7+
51. Twice a Judas (1968) Nando Cicero / FTV / Rating: 7
52. Run, Man, Run (1968) Sergio Sollima / FTV / Rating: 9
53. Find a Place to Die (1968) Giuliano Cernimeo / FTV / Rating: 6+
54. Shoot, Gringo…Shoot! (1968) Bruno Corbucci / FTV / Rating: 7+
55. God Was in the West, Too, at One Time (1968) Marino Girolami / FTV / Rating: 6+
56. Beyond the Law (1968) Giorgio Stegani / FTV / Rating: 9
57. Trusting is Good… Shooting is Better (1968) Osvaldo Civirani / FTV / Rating: 6+
58. Django the Bastard (1969) Sergio Garrone / FTV / Rating: 8
59. Una lunga fila di croci (1969) Sergio Garrone / FTV / Rating: 7+
60. Twitch of the Death Nerve (1971) Mario Bava / Rating: 9
61. Django, Prepare a Coffin (1968) Ferdinando Baldi / FTV / Rating: 7
62. Alive or Preferably Dead (1969) Duccio Tessari / FTV / Rating: 6
63. The Slave (1962) Sergio Corbucci / FTV / Rating: 8
64. I Vampiri (1957) Riccardo Freda, Mario Bava / Rating: 7+
65. Caltiki, The Immortal Monster (1959) Riccardo Freda, Mario Bava / Rating: 7+
66. Slaughter of the Vampires (1964) Roberto Mauri / FTV / Rating: 7
67. Tomb of Torture (1963) Antonio Boccaci / FTV / Rating: 5
68. Nightmare Castle (1965) Mario Caiano / Rating: 8+
69. The Long Hair of Death (1964) Antonio Margheriti / FTV / Rating: 8
70. An Angel For Satan (1966) Camillo Mastrocinque / FTV / Rating: 8
71. Ulysses (1954) Mario Camerini / Rating: 8
72. Tentacles (1977) Ovidio Assonitis / Rating: 7+
73. The Murder Clinic (1966) Elio Scardamaglia / FTV / Rating: 6

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » May 30th, 2018, 3:05 am

OldAle1 on May 29 2018, 06:41:25 PM wrote:
maxwelldeux on May 29 2018, 06:06:16 PM wrote:

Fixed. Yes, disappointing. Especially given the era - so much of what is "cool' in the context of drive-in/cult/cheese to me is from the 80s; I was just out of college in 88 and this seems like the perfect movie from that era, at least a perfect example of stuff I'm looking for that I hadn't seen yet. But it just failed to excite me; sure on the whole it's better made than Hercules but to me it just got dull eventually, at least all the scenes that aren't in the clown tent/spaceship were dull. Great color and makeup though - not a total loss.
See, I personally really enjoy Killer Klowns from Outer Space. It makes for a great party movie. Get a bunch of friends over, get some popcorn and let the movie do its magic.

morrison-dylan-fan

Post by morrison-dylan-fan » May 30th, 2018, 4:00 am

All FTV unless stated:

22: Death Knocks Twice (1969)6

Swimming in the final era of pre-Dario Argento Gialli with a smooth 007-style title track, co-writer/(with Sergio Garrone and Mario di Nardo) director Harald Philipp travels to a similar shore of the blissfully bonkers 1969 Giallo Top Sensation in his adaptation of Max Pierre Schaeffer’s book , via the jet-set bourgeoisie getting sliced in cruise-ships, property deals and the haunted eyes from a painting. Whilst the threads over what is Bob Martin’s (what a memorable name!) main goal to solve becomes jumbled, the writers make up for it with a frantic chase final, which wonderfully grills the Giallo hatred of the upper-class with a sprint of murders.

Holding the diamonds with an oddly tastefully done sex/murder opening,Philipp & cinematographer Claudio Racca set the jet-set Giallo class sailing with slick whip-pans that close in on the murderous, back-stabbing deals.Racing to solve the cases, Philipp rolls out funny,over the top, screeching car chases, and lively fights,shoot-outs to the black gloves. Showing little of the charisma he displays in music, Dean Reed appears ill at ease over leading the movie as Martin. Grabbing the screen as Reed lets it go,Fabio Testi gives a great creepy performance as body building hunk Villaverde, who is given a bitter creepiness by Testi, whilst Nadja Tiller and Anita Ekberg give a seductiveness as Maria and Ferretti,as death begins to knock.

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » May 30th, 2018, 4:03 am

128. Desperate Living (1977)
Mike Stole plays an insane housewife who hates her family, murders her husband and flees to a weird community ruled by the domineering Edith Massey. What follows is exactly what you'd expect in a John Waters movie. I enjoy John Waters movies pretty well but this one comes off a little more shrill and obnoxious than a lot of them. I think it may be partially because in absence of Divine, he includes more Edith Massey. And She's really the kind of character that needs to be taken in smaller doses. Also there's a whole sex change and prosthetic dick chopping subplot that's just really WTF.

129. What's Up, Tiger Lily? (1966)
Woody Allen takes a Japanese spy thriller and overdubs all the voices, turning it into a nonsensical comedy about stealing an egg salad recipe. As one would expect, the jokes in this one are very hit or miss with some chuckleworthy lines and gags and some just straight up stupid unfunny stuff that's just silly for no reason (like the ending scene with the plane taking off).

130. The Outsiders (1983)
Holy cow... So many famous people in this pre-fame: Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Ralph Macchio, Patrcik Swayze, Diane Lane, Rob Lowe, Emilio Estevez... Hell, they even got Tom Waits in there somewhere. The movie itself involves (in case you weren't forced to read the book in high school) a teen named Pony Boy and his friend Johnny who like to hang out with Ponyboy's brother Dal and the Greasers gang. But after an altercation with a rival gang leads Johnny to knife a rival gang member to death, Dal helps Ponyboy and Johnny skip town to let the heat die down for a while. But deep-seated beefs don't die overnight... Honestly it was ok but certainly not one of Coppola's best. The narrative is overly heavy handed in places and despite the cast, some of the acting is not great.

131. La rossa dalla pelle che scotta (1982) a.k.a. The Red-Headed Corpse
Farley Granger is an artist who may or may not hallucinate one day that one of his mannequins comes to life and begins growing increasingly unstable. This one was an odd bird with Granger slumming it in a mediocre thriller that while having a fairly interesting plot just fails to hold my attention even a little. Special mention must be made of the inappropriately cheesy soundtrack in places that comes off more like a 60's travel ad than a thriller.
Off The Beaten PathShow
1. The Love Butcher (1975)
2. The Loved One (1965)
3. Joshua (1976)
4. Bloody Mama (1970)
5. The Resurrected (1991)
6. MST3K: The Creeping Terror
7. Pieles (2017)
8. Tian can di que (1979)
9. Child Bride (1938)
10. La figlia di Frankenstein (1971)
11. Streets of Fire (1984)
12. Mi ni te gong dui (1983)
13. Gui ma tian shi (1984)
14. Carnal Knowledge (1971)
15. Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. (1990)
16. U.S. Seals II (2001)
17. Cowards Bend the Knee or The Blue Hands (2003)
18. Los autómatas de la muerte (1962)
19. Witchboard (1986)
20. The Candy Snatchers (1973)
21. Rat Pfink a Boo Boo (1966)
22. Amsterdamned ((1988)
23. Léolo (1992)
24. The Giant Behemoth (1959)
25. Milano calibro 9 (1972)
26. The Beguiled (1971)
27. Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)
28. L'hypothèse du tableau volé (1978)
29. Ju-on: The Curse (2000)
30. 2019: After the Fall of New York (1983)
31. Iga ninpôchô (1982)
32. Phobe: The Xenophobic Experiments (1995)
33. Zibahkhana (2007)
34. Shen tui tie shan gong (1977)
35. Strangler of the Swamp (1946)
36. The Midnight Hour (1985)
37. Color Me Blood Red (1965)
38. Hells Angels on Wheels (1967)
39. The Walking Dead (1936)
40. Velluto nero (1976)
41. The Man Who Changed His Mind (1936)
42. Texas, Addios (1966)
43. Up! (1976)
44. Yun hai yu gong yuan (1966)
45. After Last Season (2009)
46. Rifftrax: When a Stranger Calls Back (1993)
47. Mona: The Virgin Nymph (1970)
48. Polissons et galipettes (2002)
49. Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985)
50. Pump Up the Volume (1990)
51. The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)
52. 13 Frightened Girls! (1963)
53. O fovos (1966)
54. Ta paidia tou Diavolou (1976)
55. La llorona (1933)
56. A Quiet Place to Kill (1970)
57. La belva (1970)
58. Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)
59. Mandingo (1975)
60. Paranoiac (1963)
61. The Honeymoon Killers (1970)
62. The Evil of Frankenstein (1964)
63. Don't Open Till Christmas (1984)
64. Du levande (2007)
65. Okasareta hakui (1967)
66. 976-EVIL (1988)
67. La donna del lago (1965)
68. The Monster (1925)
69. MST3K: The Loves of Hercules (1960)
70. La vergine di Norimberga (1963)
71. Cicciabomba (1982)
72. No Smoking (2007)
73. Polyester (1981)
74. Billy the Kid Versus Dracula (1966)
75. Welcome To Planet Earth (1996)
76. Vixen! (1968)
77. Trash Humpers (2009)
78. Cockfighter (1974)
79. The Ninth Configuration (1980)
80. Le orme (1975)
81. Shuang-Qi-Zhen daoke (1991)
82. Una farfalla con le ali insanguinate (1971)
83. La casa della paura (1974)
84. Psycho Cop Returns (1993)
85. Zotz! (1962)
86. El grito de la muerte (1959)
87. Pyro (1964)
88. Flesh (1968)
89. The Dead Pit (1989)
90. Due occhi diabolici (1990)
91. Minnesota Clay (1964)
92. Arrebato (1979)
93. What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969)
94. I Was a Teenage Frankenstein (1957)
95. Avere vent'anni (1978)
96. Carry on Emmannuelle (1978)
97. The Witch Who Came from the Sea (1976)
98. Toto le héros (1991)
99. Arise! The SubGenius Video (1992)
100. House of Horrors (1946)
101. Prey (1981)
102. Brazil: A Report on Torture (1971)
103. The Love Witch (2016)
104. El ataque de los muertos sin ojos (1973)
105. Strange Behavior (1981)
106. The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey (1988)
107. Bara no sôretsu (1969)
108. Metempsyco (1963)
109. Not of This Earth (1957)
110. Les mémés cannibales (1988)
111. Il prezzo del potere (1969)
112. Innocence (2004)
113. Luther the Geek (1990)
114. Amanti d'oltretomba (1965)
115. Kulay dugo ang gabi (1964)
116. Trail of Dracula Trailer Reel
117. Circus of Horrors (1960)
118. Die Säge des Todes (19810
119. The Return of Dracula (1958)
120. The Dorm That Dripped Blood (1982)
121. La ardilla roja (1993)
122. L'inhumaine (1924)
123. Incubus (1966)
124. Il mostro di Venezia (1965)
125. I tre che sconvolsero il West (Vado, vedo e sparo) (1968)
126. La montagna del dio cannibale (1978)
127. Il fiume del grande caimano (1979)
131. La rossa dalla pelle che scotta (1982)

Simba63
Donator

Post by Simba63 » May 30th, 2018, 4:06 am

78. The Angry Red Planet (1959) - 6/10

frbrown

Post by frbrown » May 30th, 2018, 5:10 am

71. Lola's Secret (1984)

72. Meet Boston Blackie (1941)

73. Alias Boston Blackie (1942)

1. The Cave of the Silken Web (1967)
2. The Terror of Tiny Town (1938)
3. Road House (1989)
4. Top Model (1988)
5. Mexican Spitfire's Elephant (1942)
6. Graveyard Shift (1987)
7. Tarzan the Ape Man (1932)
8. Devil's Bait (1959)
9. Rodan! The Flying Monster (1956)
10. Monte Walsh (1970)
11. Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot! (1967)
12. I Am Cuba (1964)
13. The Black Castle (1952)
14. Aces High (1968)
15. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (1968)
16. It! The Terror from Beyond Space (1958)
17. Animal House (1978)
18. The Man Behind the Mask (1936)
19. Them! (1954)
20. Oh, Susanna! (1936)
21. Glengarry Glen Ross (1992)
22. Bottle Rocket (1996)
23. Tarzan and His Mate (1934)
24. The Ninth Guest (1934)
25. The Alligator People (1959)
26. The Ghost Camera (1933)
27. Winds of the Wasteland (1936)
28. Lonely Are the Brave (1962)
29. Gamera: Guardian of the Universe (1995)
30. Man in the Shadow (1957)
31. Manhattan Tower (1932)
32. Die Sex-Abenteuer der drei Musketiere (1971)
33. The Beastmaster (1982)
34. The Sin of Nora Moran (1933)
35. Programmed for Pleasure (1981)
36. The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)
37. Don't Talk to Strange Men (1962)
38. It's Not Cricket (1949)
39. Army of Shadows (1969)
40. Una pistola per Ringo (1965)
41. The Phantom of Crestwood (1932)
42. Hitler's Madman (1943)
43. Thank You, Mr. Moto (1937)
44. Unearthly Stranger (1963)
45. If You Meet Sartana Pray for Your Death (1968)
46. The Adventures of Hajji Baba (1954)
47. Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988)
48. The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982)
49. Blindman (1971)
50. The Return of Doctor X (1939)
51. The Sensuous Nurse (1975)
52. Island of Doomed Men (1940)
53. Secret of the Chateau (1934)
54. Jeremiah Johnson (1972)
55. Five Came Back (1939)
56. Smart Blonde (1937)
57. The Law and Jake Wade (1958)
58. Major Dundee (1965)
59. The Mummy's Tomb (1942)
60. The Case of the Black Cat (1936)
61. Dick Tracy vs. Cueball (1946)
62. Dick Tracy's Dilemma (1947)
63. Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome (1947)
64. Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
65. Sabata (1969)
66. Daimajin (1966)
67. La orca (1976)
68. Play Motel (1979)
69. 1990: The Bronx Warriors (1982)
70. Senza buccia (1979)
71. Lola's Secret (1984)

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » May 30th, 2018, 6:57 am

22. Multiple Maniacs (1970)
23. Blood Money (1933)
Last edited by jeroeno on May 30th, 2018, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 30th, 2018, 2:07 pm

psychotronicbeatnik on May 29 2018, 07:20:01 PM wrote:
peeptoad on May 27 2018, 11:37:29 AM wrote:
psychotronicbeatnik on May 26 2018, 04:08:20 PM wrote:Nice shots, peeps! Since the D'Amato is a remake, are they of the same murder victim?
Nope, they are each a different character in their respective films; I mainly tried to find two pics that were similar, but the scenes are different... and there are some differences between the two, but the basic plot is the same and D'Amato acknowledged his as a remake. Anyhow, in particular I rec The Third Eye, beatnik. I liked it more than I anticipated and you might dig it. :)
Thanks peeps! You did a great job of finding matching shots anyway. I've added both of these to my watchlist and will keep my "Third Eye" peeled for them.

The Third Eye is on Youtube, just FYI... ;)

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 30th, 2018, 4:56 pm

Schlocky Horror Picture ShowShow
1. Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)
2. Night Train Murders (1975)
3. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974)
4. The Four of the Apocalypse (1975)
5. What Have You Done to Solange? (1972)
6. The House By the Cemetery (1981)
7. City of the Living Dead (1980)
8. The Hired Hand (1971)
9. The Beyond (1981)
10. Soldier Blue (1970)
11. StageFright (1987)
12. Burn! (1969)
13. Torso (1973)
14. Omicron (1963)
15. King Dick (1973)
16. Forty Guns (1957)
17. Resolution (2012)
18. Oh, Susanna! (1936)
19. Blood Tea and Red String (2006)
20. The Horrible Dr. Hichcock (1962)
21. The Silence of the Hams (1994)
22. Mill of the Stone Women (1960)
23. The Stendhal Syndrome (1996)
24. The Long Hair of Death (1964)
25. Christmas - On Mars (2008)
26. Goodbye Uncle Tom (1971)
27. Terror of Tiny Town (1938)
28. Lonely are the Brave (1962)
29. Forgotten Pistolero (1969)
30. The Great Silence (1968)
31. The Black Cat (1981)

Inspired by the same short story as the 1934 film of the same name, though both have little to do with Edgar Allan Poe's tale. Among the pluses here are a gruesome impalement, a graphic burning alive and a pre-Poltergeist bed that levitates in the wind. This is a lot less gore than Fulci par though and the frantic close-ups used to try to make the cat menacing are frankly quite laughable. The cat point-of-view and close-ups of Patrick Magee's eyes are great though and Pino Donaggio's music nicely channels Psycho without being too similar.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 30th, 2018, 6:15 pm

19. What Have They Done to Your Daughters? (1974) 7

uncle pete's peepsShow
*rewatch

4. Xtro (1982) 8*
5. Eaten Alive (1980) 7
11. Le orme (1975) 7
14. The Being (1983) 3
17. Absurd (1981) 4

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 30th, 2018, 10:23 pm

peeptoad on May 30 2018, 08:07:34 AM wrote:
psychotronicbeatnik on May 29 2018, 07:20:01 PM wrote:
peeptoad on May 27 2018, 11:37:29 AM wrote:Nope, they are each a different character in their respective films; I mainly tried to find two pics that were similar, but the scenes are different... and there are some differences between the two, but the basic plot is the same and D'Amato acknowledged his as a remake. Anyhow, in particular I rec The Third Eye, beatnik. I liked it more than I anticipated and you might dig it. :)

The Third Eye is on Youtube, just FYI... ;)
And I'll be watching it later today. Thanks, peeps!

A friend loaned me Italian Gothic Horror Films 1957-1969 by Roberto Curti and this one is in there. I've gotten more obsessed with that sub-genre as a result of this book so I've tried to cram in quite a few this month. My available FTVs in the genre were running low so The Third Eye comes along at a perfect time.

Last edited by psychotronicbeatnik on May 30th, 2018, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 30th, 2018, 10:26 pm

79. Mission Stardust (1967) Primo Zeglio / Rating: 6
80. The Price of Power (1969) Tonino Valerii / FTV / Rating: 6+
28. Goliath and the Vampires (1961) Giacomo Gentilomo & Sergio Corbucci / FTV / Rating: 7
32. If You Meet Sartana… Pray for Your Death (1968) Gianfranco Parolini / FTV / Rating: 8
37. Requiem For a Gringo (1968) Eugenio Martin, Jose Luis Merino / FTV / Rating: 8
50. The Giant of Marathon (1959) Jacques Tourneur, Mario Bava & Bruno Vailati / FTV / Rating: 7+
55. God Was in the West, Too, at One Time (1968) Marino Girolami / FTV / Rating: 6+
57. Trusting is Good… Shooting is Better (1968) Osvaldo Civirani / FTV / Rating: 6+
65. Caltiki, The Immortal Monster (1959) Riccardo Freda, Mario Bava / Rating: 7+

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » May 31st, 2018, 1:07 am

17. Rare exports: A Christmas tale (Finland 10) [cult, horror]
1. Quién sabe? / A bullet for the general (67) - Triple
2. Mr. Moto’s last warning (39) [psychotronic]
3. I Crudeli / Hellbenders (It 67) - Triple
4. Ruby Gentry (52) - Rewatch [Bad movies we love: camp/cult]
5. La commare secca / The Grim Reaper (62) [Gritty crime flicks] - Double
6. Kung Fu (72, S1, Pilot) [Psychotronic] - Double
7. The private life of Sherlock Holmes (70) [Psychotronic] - Rewatch
8. The baron of Arizona (50) [Psychotronic] - Double
9. Teorema (It 68, 98m) [CultClassic Catalog] - Double
10. The shootist (76) [500+ essential cult] - Double
11. Go West (40) [Videohound Cult/Trash] - Double
12. Seven days in May (64) [psychotronic, 500+ ess cult] - Rewatch
13-16. Kung Fu (72, S1 Ep 1-4) - Double
17. Rare exports: A Christmas tale (Finland 10) [cult, horror]
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

morrison-dylan-fan

Post by morrison-dylan-fan » May 31st, 2018, 2:42 am

All FTV unless stated:

23: Paradise in Harlem (1939)

jdidaco

Post by jdidaco » May 31st, 2018, 3:13 am

Sexploitation/Cult USA, Spaghetti Westerns & Cult Italy,

105. The Lonely Sex (Richard Hilliard, 1959) 7/10
106. Coming Apart (Milton Moses Ginsberg, 1969) 9.5/10 (l)

107. Lo voglio morto (I Want Him Dead, Paolo Bianchini, 1968) 7.5/10
108. Black Jack (Gianfranco Baldanello, 1968) 9/10

109. Lo stato d’assedio (Besieged, Romano Scavolini, 1969) 8/10
110. Io, Emmanuelle (A Man for Emmanuelle, Cesare Canevari, 1969) 8/10

That's it for me! Thanks again for hosting, max :cheers: , and congratulations to all who participated on this challenge, one of my favourites!

!seen 110
1. Spartaco (Sins of Rome, Story of Spartacus, Riccardo Freda, 1953) 9/10
2. La morte non conta I dollari (Death at Owell Rock, Riccardo Freda, 1967) 7/10
3. Il figlio di Spartacus (The Slave: The Son of Spartacus, Sergio Corbucci, 1962) 8/10
4. Minnesota Clay (Sergio Corbucci, 1964) 7/10

5. Das Rasthaus der grausamen Puppen (Inn of the Gruesome Dolls, Rolf Olsen, 1967) 8/10
6. Blutiger Freitag (Bloody Friday, Rolf Olsen, 1972) 7/10
7. Apachen (Apaches, Gottfried Kolditz, 1973) 7/10
8. Blauvogel (Blue Bird, Ulrich Weiß, 1979) 9.5/10
9. L’ambizioso (The Climber, Pasquale Squitieri, 1975) 7/10
10. Porco mondo (Dirty World, Sergio Bergonzelli, 1978) 7.5/10
11. Wan ren zan (Killer Constable, Kuei Chih-Hung, 1980) 8.5/10
12. An qu (Men from the Gutter, Lam Ngai Choi, 1983) 7.5/10
13. El hombre que mató a Billy el Niño/...E divenne il più spietato bandito del sud (The Man Who Killed Billy the Kid, Julio Buchs, 1967) 7/10
14. Los desesperados/Quei disperati che puzzano di sudore e di morte (A Bullet for Sandoval, Julio Buchs, 1969) 8/10
15. El sexo está loco (Sex Is Crazy, Jesús Franco, 1981) 7.5/10
16. Gemidos de placer (Cries of Pleasure, Jesús Franco, 1983) 8/10
17. The Blue Sextet (David E. Durston, 1971) 7.5/10
18. Stigma (David E. Durston, 1972) 8/10
19. I vizi morbosi di una governante (Crazy Desires of a Murderer, Filippo Walter Ratti, 1977) 5/10
20. Mystère (Dagger Eyes, Carlo Vanzina, 1983) 6/10
21. Tutto per tutto (Go for Broke, Umberto Lenzi, 1968) 7.5/10
22. Una pistola per cento bare (Pistol for a Hundred Coffins, Umberto Lenzi, 1968) 8/10
23. Dan Oniroku: Bijo nawa jigoku (Beauty in Rope Hell, Genji Nakamura, 1983) 8/10
24. Final scandal: okusama wa okatai no ga osuki (Madam Scandal - Final Scandal: Madam Likes It Hard, Masaru Konuma, 1983) 7.5/10
25. Fukushûki (Vengeance Demon, Kôji Wakamatsu, 1969) 9/10
26. Hika (Secret Flower, Kôji Wakamatsu, 1971) 8/10
27. Lussuria (A Lustful Mind, Joe D’Amato, 1986) 7/10
28. Voglia di guardare (Peepshow, Joe D’Amato, 1986) 7/10
29. 1000 dollari sul nero ($1,000 on the Black, Alberto Cardone, 1966) 8/10
30. Quanto costa morire (Cost of Dying, Sergio Merolle, 1968) 7.5/10
31. Miedo a salir de noche (Afraid to Go Out at Night, Eloy de la Iglesia, 1980) 8/10
32. Coto de caza (Code of Hunting, Jorge Grau, 1983) 7/10
33. Réquiem para el gringo/Requiem per un gringo (Requiem for a Gringo, José Luis Merino & Eugenio Martín, 1968) 8/10
34. La cólera del viento/La collera del vento (The Wind's Fierce, Mario Camus, 1970) 9/10
35. (Nama) tôchô ripôto: Chiwa (Kirie Eleison, Hisayasu Satô, 1993) 8/10
36. Sukebe-zuma: otto no rusu ni (Rafureshia, Hisayasu Satô, 1995) 7.5/10
37. La femme bourreau (A Woman Kills, Jean-Denis Bonan, 1968) 9/10
38. Traquenards (Erotic Trap, Jean-François Davy, 1969) 7/10
39. Adolescence pervertie/Adolescenza perversa (Adolescence Perverted, José Bénazéraf, 1974) 8/10
40. La messe dorée/La profonda luce dei sensi (The Golden Mass, Beni Montresor, 1975) 8/10
41. Colpo gobbo all'italiana (Getting Away with It the Italian Way, Lucio Fulci, 1962) 9/10
42. Operazione San Pietro (Operation St. Peter's, Lucio Fulci, 1967) 7/10
43. Akibeya (Empty Room, Toshiki Satô, 2001) 7.5/10
44. Sex mashin: Hiwai na kisetsu (The Strange Saga of Hiroshi the Freeloading Sex Machine, Yûji Tajiri, 2005) 6/10
45. I fantastici 3 $upermen (The Three Fantastic Supermen, Gianfranco Parolini, 1967) 7/10
46. Se incontri Sartana prega per la tua morte (If You Meet Sartana... Pray for Your Death, Gianfranco Parolini, 1968) 7.5/10
47. Spara, Gringo, spara (Shoot, Gringo... Shoot!, Bruno Corbucci, 1968) 7/10
48. Isabella, duchessa dei diavoli (Isabella, Duchess of the Devils, Bruno Corbucci, 1969) 7/10
49. Le sette sfide (The Seven Revenges, Primo Zeglio, 1961) 10/10
50. Io Semiramide (Slave Queen of Babylon, Primo Zeglio, 1963) 8/10
51. Le guerriere dal seno nudo (The Amazons, Terence Young, 1973) 6/10
52. La montagna del dio cannibale (Mountain of the Cannibal God, Sergio Martino, 1978) 6/10
53. La machine à découdre (The Unsewing Machine, Jean-Pierre Mocky, 1986) 8/10
54. Noir comme le souvenir (Black for Remembrance, Jean-Pierre Mocky, 1995) 8/10
55. Ya bon les blancs/Come sono buoni I bianchi (How Good the Whites Are, Marco Ferreri, 1988) 8/10
56. Faictz ce que vouldras (Do What Thou Wilt, Marco Ferreri, 1995) 9/10
57. La rivolta degli schiavi (Revolt of the Slaves, Nunzio Malasomma, 1960) 8.5/10
58. Leone di Tebe (The Lion of Thebes, Giorgio Ferroni, 1964) 7/10
59. The Scavengers (Lee Frost, 1969) 6/10
60. Cry for Me, Billy (William A. Graham, 1972) 8/10
61. I pirati della costa (Pirates of the Coast, Domenico Paolella, 1960) 8/10
62. Il giustiziere dei mari (Avenger of the Seven Seas, Domenico Paolella, 1962) 8.5/10
63. Jogakusei gerira (Female Student Guerrilla, Masao Adachi, 1969) 8/10
64. Seiyûgi (Sexual Play, Masao Adachi & Kôji Wakamatsu, 1969) 7.5/10
65. Nureta yokujo: Tokudashi nijuichi nin (Wet Lust: 21 Strippers, Tatsumi Kumashiro, 1974) 10/10
66. Monzetsu!! Dondengaeshi (Painful Bliss: Final Twist, Tatsumi Kumashiro, 1977) 9.5/10
67. Fedra West/Io non perdono... uccido (Phaedra West, Joaquín Luis Romero Marchent, 1968) 7.5/10
68. Garringo (Dead Are Countless, Rafael Romero Marchent, 1969) 7/10
69. Paris interdit (Forbidden Paris, Jean-Louis van Belle, 1970) 8/10
70. Projections spéciales (Special Projections, Jean-Louis van Belle, 1976) 7/10
71. Yami no kânibaru (Carnival in the Night, Masashi Yamamoto, 1981) 9/10
72. Tampon Tango (Masashi Yamamoto, 1984) 5/10
73. Les tripes au soleil/Questione di pelle (Checkerboard, Claude Bernard-Aubert, 1959) 8/10
74. Les lâches vivent d’espoir (My Baby Is Black!, Claude Bernard-Aubert, 1961) 7.5/10
75. Ils sont nus (We Are All Naked, Claude Pierson, 1966) 8/10
76. Les liaisons perverses (Depraved Relations, Jean-Paul Savignac, 1975) 7.5/10
77. Come cani arrabbiati (Like Rabid Dogs, Mario Imperoli, 1976) 7/10
78. Brigade mondaine (Vice Squad, Jacques Scandelari, 1978) 8.5/10
79. The World’s Greatest Sinner (Timothy Carey, 1962) 8/10
80. Rat Fink (James Landis, 1965) 8.5/10
81. Il venditore di morte (The Price of Death, Lorenzo Gicca Palli, 1971) 7/10
82. Hai sbagliato... dovevi uccidermi subito! (Kill the Poker Player, Mario Bianchi, 1972) 6/10
83. Suprêmes jouissances (Exquisite Pleasure, Claude Mulot, 1977) 7/10
84. Chaudes adolescentes (The Arrangement, Gérard Kikoïne, 1981) 9/10
85. Mondo Keyhole (Jack Hill & John Lamb, 1966) 7/10
86. Mondo Trasho (John Waters, 1969) 8/10
87. The Sex Cycle (Joseph W. Sarno, 1967) 7.5/10
88. Marcy (Joseph W. Sarno, 1969) 7/10
89. Il vero e il falso (The Hassled Hooker, Eriprando Visconti, 1972) 9/10
90. Prostituzione (Red Light Girls, Rino Di Silvestro, 1974) 7/10
91. Die seltsame Gräfin (The Strange Countess, Josef von Báky & Jürgen Roland & Ottokar Runze, 1961) 7.5/10
92. Die nackte Gräfin (The Naked Countess, Kurt Nachmann, 1971) 8/10
93. Per 100.000 dollari t'ammazzo (Vengeance is Mine, Giovanni Fago, 1968) 9/10
94. La notte dei serpenti (Night of the Serpent, Giulio Petroni, 1969) 7.5/10
95. The Hang Up (John Hayes, 1969) 8/10
96. Sweet Trash (John Hayes, 1970) 7/10
97. La sfinge sorride prima di morire - stop - Londra (Secret of the Sphinx, Duccio Tessari, 1964) 7/10
98. I bastardi (The Bastard, Duccio Tessari, 1968) 8/10
99. There Is No 13 (William Sachs, 1974) 7.5/10
100. Tracks (Henry Jaglom, 1976) 8.5/10
101. Barbagia (La società del malessere) (The Tough and the Mighty, Carlo Lizzani, 1969) 7.5/10
102. San Babila ore 20: un delitto inutile (San Babila-8 P.M., Carlo Lizzani, 1976) 8/10
103. Voyeur (Chuck Vincent, 1985) 8/10
104. Enrapture (Chuck Vincent, 1989) 8/10
Last edited by jdidaco on May 31st, 2018, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simba63
Donator

Post by Simba63 » May 31st, 2018, 3:46 am

79. The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962) - 4/10
80. Gamera tai daiakuju Giron (1969) - 3/10
81. Olga's Girls (1964) - 2/10
82. X (1963) - 6/10

frbrown

Post by frbrown » May 31st, 2018, 3:50 am

74. The Saint in New York (1938)
75. The Saint's Double Trouble (1940)
76. Die Schulmädchen vom Treffpunkt Zoo (1979)
77. Starcrash (1978)

3. Road House (1989)
4. Top Model (1988)
8. Devil's Bait (1959)
10. Monte Walsh (1970)
12. I Am Cuba (1964)
14. Aces High (1968)
17. Animal House (1978)
19. Them! (1954)
20. Oh, Susanna! (1936)
22. Bottle Rocket (1996)
49. Blindman (1971)
56. Smart Blonde (1937)
58. Major Dundee (1965)
65. Sabata (1969)
66. Daimajin (1966)
67. La orca (1976)
68. Play Motel (1979)
70. Senza buccia (1979)
71. Lola's Secret (1984)
77. Starcrash (1978)

flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 » May 31st, 2018, 4:00 am

132. Kiss (1963)
Another one of Warhol's supreme trolls, we have about an hour worth of people making out in silence. That is literally it. Even at this short, it comes off as tedious and poorly framed. It really makes me have less than zero interest in watching more extended exercises in trolling like Empire.

133. The Immaculate Conception of Little Dizzle (2009)
Dory loses his maddening office job and takes up employment with a research company as a janitor. One day, he and his fellow janitors are invited to be part of a focus group for self-heating cookies. Unfortunately for them, it affects men in a very unusual way. I had fun with this one with its unconventional plot, surprisingly decent acting from the leads and oddball visual cues. It seems overly obtuse in a few places, especially the end, but overall for such a weird movie its quite watchable and easy to follow.

134. Idioterne (1998) a.k.a. The Idiots
A group of intellectuals decide to pretend to be mentally handicapped in various situations just to make everyone around them uncomfortable. And once again, Lars Von Trier shows how he's the heir apparent of film trolling, perhaps taking up the mantle in Warhol's absence. Regardless of his motivations, the movie is crude, both visually (following dogme 95) and thematically. It employs several different shock tactics. In addition to the aforementioned mocking of the disabled, he's also got graphic, unsimulated hardcore penetration and a grim, emotionally raw ending that feels out of nowhere from everything preceding it. Like other Von Trier films, I think you probably know what you are getting into going into this.
Off The Beaten PathShow
1. The Love Butcher (1975)
2. The Loved One (1965)
3. Joshua (1976)
4. Bloody Mama (1970)
5. The Resurrected (1991)
6. MST3K: The Creeping Terror
7. Pieles (2017)
8. Tian can di que (1979)
9. Child Bride (1938)
10. La figlia di Frankenstein (1971)
11. Streets of Fire (1984)
12. Mi ni te gong dui (1983)
13. Gui ma tian shi (1984)
14. Carnal Knowledge (1971)
15. Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D. (1990)
16. U.S. Seals II (2001)
17. Cowards Bend the Knee or The Blue Hands (2003)
18. Los autómatas de la muerte (1962)
19. Witchboard (1986)
20. The Candy Snatchers (1973)
21. Rat Pfink a Boo Boo (1966)
22. Amsterdamned ((1988)
23. Léolo (1992)
24. The Giant Behemoth (1959)
25. Milano calibro 9 (1972)
26. The Beguiled (1971)
27. Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)
28. L'hypothèse du tableau volé (1978)
29. Ju-on: The Curse (2000)
30. 2019: After the Fall of New York (1983)
31. Iga ninpôchô (1982)
32. Phobe: The Xenophobic Experiments (1995)
33. Zibahkhana (2007)
34. Shen tui tie shan gong (1977)
35. Strangler of the Swamp (1946)
36. The Midnight Hour (1985)
37. Color Me Blood Red (1965)
38. Hells Angels on Wheels (1967)
39. The Walking Dead (1936)
40. Velluto nero (1976)
41. The Man Who Changed His Mind (1936)
42. Texas, Addios (1966)
43. Up! (1976)
44. Yun hai yu gong yuan (1966)
45. After Last Season (2009)
46. Rifftrax: When a Stranger Calls Back (1993)
47. Mona: The Virgin Nymph (1970)
48. Polissons et galipettes (2002)
49. Nine Deaths of the Ninja (1985)
50. Pump Up the Volume (1990)
51. The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973)
52. 13 Frightened Girls! (1963)
53. O fovos (1966)
54. Ta paidia tou Diavolou (1976)
55. La llorona (1933)
56. A Quiet Place to Kill (1970)
57. La belva (1970)
58. Earth vs. the Flying Saucers (1956)
59. Mandingo (1975)
60. Paranoiac (1963)
61. The Honeymoon Killers (1970)
62. The Evil of Frankenstein (1964)
63. Don't Open Till Christmas (1984)
64. Du levande (2007)
65. Okasareta hakui (1967)
66. 976-EVIL (1988)
67. La donna del lago (1965)
68. The Monster (1925)
69. MST3K: The Loves of Hercules (1960)
70. La vergine di Norimberga (1963)
71. Cicciabomba (1982)
72. No Smoking (2007)
73. Polyester (1981)
74. Billy the Kid Versus Dracula (1966)
75. Welcome To Planet Earth (1996)
76. Vixen! (1968)
77. Trash Humpers (2009)
78. Cockfighter (1974)
79. The Ninth Configuration (1980)
80. Le orme (1975)
81. Shuang-Qi-Zhen daoke (1991)
82. Una farfalla con le ali insanguinate (1971)
83. La casa della paura (1974)
84. Psycho Cop Returns (1993)
85. Zotz! (1962)
86. El grito de la muerte (1959)
87. Pyro (1964)
88. Flesh (1968)
89. The Dead Pit (1989)
90. Due occhi diabolici (1990)
91. Minnesota Clay (1964)
92. Arrebato (1979)
93. What Ever Happened to Aunt Alice? (1969)
94. I Was a Teenage Frankenstein (1957)
95. Avere vent'anni (1978)
96. Carry on Emmannuelle (1978)
97. The Witch Who Came from the Sea (1976)
98. Toto le héros (1991)
99. Arise! The SubGenius Video (1992)
100. House of Horrors (1946)
101. Prey (1981)
102. Brazil: A Report on Torture (1971)
103. The Love Witch (2016)
104. El ataque de los muertos sin ojos (1973)
105. Strange Behavior (1981)
106. The Navigator: A Medieval Odyssey (1988)
107. Bara no sôretsu (1969)
108. Metempsyco (1963)
109. Not of This Earth (1957)
110. Les mémés cannibales (1988)
111. Il prezzo del potere (1969)
112. Innocence (2004)
113. Luther the Geek (1990)
114. Amanti d'oltretomba (1965)
115. Kulay dugo ang gabi (1964)
116. Trail of Dracula Trailer Reel
117. Circus of Horrors (1960)
118. Die Säge des Todes (19810
119. The Return of Dracula (1958)
120. The Dorm That Dripped Blood (1982)
121. La ardilla roja (1993)
122. L'inhumaine (1924)
123. Incubus (1966)
124. Il mostro di Venezia (1965)
125. I tre che sconvolsero il West (Vado, vedo e sparo) (1968)
126. La montagna del dio cannibale (1978)
127. Il fiume del grande caimano (1979)
131. La rossa dalla pelle che scotta (1982)
132. Kiss (1963)
133. The Immaculate Conception of Little Dizzle (2009)
134. Idioterne (1998)

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 31st, 2018, 12:06 pm

20. Aftermath (1994) 4, Genesis (1998) 6
21. Mad Mutilator (1983) 7*
uncle pete's peepsShow
*rewatch

4. Xtro (1982) 8*
5. Eaten Alive (1980) 7
11. Le orme (1975) 7
14. The Being (1983) 3
17. Absurd (1981) 4

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 31st, 2018, 12:11 pm

Schlocky Horror Picture ShowShow
1. Godmonster of Indian Flats (1973)
2. Night Train Murders (1975)
3. Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (1974)
4. The Four of the Apocalypse (1975)
5. What Have You Done to Solange? (1972)
6. The House By the Cemetery (1981)
7. City of the Living Dead (1980)
8. The Hired Hand (1971)
9. The Beyond (1981)
10. Soldier Blue (1970)
11. StageFright (1987)
12. Burn! (1969)
13. Torso (1973)
14. Omicron (1963)
15. King Dick (1973)
16. Forty Guns (1957)
17. Resolution (2012)
18. Oh, Susanna! (1936)
19. Blood Tea and Red String (2006)
20. The Horrible Dr. Hichcock (1962)
21. The Silence of the Hams (1994)
22. Mill of the Stone Women (1960)
23. The Stendhal Syndrome (1996)
24. The Long Hair of Death (1964)
25. Christmas - On Mars (2008)
26. Goodbye Uncle Tom (1971)
27. Terror of Tiny Town (1938)
28. Lonely are the Brave (1962)
29. Forgotten Pistolero (1969)
30. The Great Silence (1968)
31. The Black Cat (1981)
32. Badlands (1973) REVISION

As an all-time favourite featured on multiple Cult and Western lists, I couldn't pass up the chance to revisit Badlands this month. The film features some simply breathtaking images - especially as they fly into the clouds that they earlier admired at the end - however, it is as a deeply philosophical project that Badlands works best for me, from Kit's stance that they will eventually need to "take the consequences and not whine about it later" to Holly's contemplating of "where would I be this very moment" had she not met him, the film paints a very true picture of two impetuous individuals just trying to live life to the fullest without knowing where they are headed next. And there is something very appealing about this, even if we know deep down inside that they will eventually have to face the 'real' world. Really love the music here too.
Former IMDb message boards user /// iCM | IMDb | My Top 500+ Favourite Films /// Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » May 31st, 2018, 5:46 pm

I'll Grind Your House to Make My CultShow
1. Il figlio di Spartacus / The Slave / The Son of Spartacus (Sergio Corbucci, 1962)
2. Une corde, un colt... / Cemetery Without Crosses (Robert Hossein, 1969)
3. Il ritorno di Ringo / The Return of Ringo (Duccio Tessari, 1965)
4. Hundra (Matt Cimber, 1983)
5. The Gold Diggers (Sally Potter, 1983)
6. Una pistola per Ringo / A Pistol for Ringo (Duccio Tessari, 1965)
7-18. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 1-12 (roughly 6th viewing or so)
7. "When She Was Bad"
8. "Some Assembly Required"
9. "School Hard"
10 "Inca Mummy Girl"
11. "Reptile Boy"
12. " Halloween"
13. "Lie to Me"
14. "The Dark Age"
15-16. "What's My Line"
17. "Ted"
18. "Bad Eggs" -

19. The Keep (Michael Mann, 1983) (re-watch)
20. Navajo Joe (Sergio Corbucci, 1966)
21. La ville de pirates / City of Pirates (Raoul Ruiz, 1983)
22. La belle captive / The Beautiful Prisoner (Alain Robbe-Grillet, 1983)
23. Blindman (Ferdinando Baldi, 1971)
27-30. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 2 Episodes 13-16 (6th viewings, probably)

27. "Surprise"
28. "Innocence"
29. "Phases"
30. "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered"

31. Prega il morto e ammazza il vivo / Renegade Gun / Shoot the Living and Pray for the Dead (Giuseppe Vari, 1971)
34. Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Stephen Chiodo, 1988)
35 E Dio disse a Caino... / And God Said to Cain (Antonio Margheriti, 1970)

Excited to see this because of the director, who has become a low-rent favorite for me in much the way Roger Corman has; this is the first of Margheriti's westerns I've seen though, so I didn't know what to expect. As it turns out, the progressive political elements visible in his sci-fi/fantasy stuff are nowhere in evidence here, nor is there really much of the male camaraderie -- but this doesn't matter too much, as this extraordinarily simple revenge western packs plenty of pure entertainment regardless of it's almost content-free and nearly plot-free character. Klaus Kinski gets released after 10 years of wrongful imprisonment, sets out to avenge himself, more or less wipes out whole town. That's it, but the way Margheriti uses the space of the town and Kinski's implacable Terminator-like performance make the film lots of fun if watching a guy shoot up a town for an hour and a half is your thing. I guess it's mine.

36 Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo / The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (probably 4th or 5th viewing)

I had to have one truly great watch for this challenge, and it didn't happen with any of the first-time views, so given that I just got the new Koch Lorber 50th anniversary disc, this was an obvious choice. I also hadn't seen it for about 12-15 years, and the last time I watched it I saw the longer Euro cut - which I found a little less impressive than my memories of the 162 minute version. Thankfully the new release has both edits and I chose the shorter, though at some point I'm sure I'll watch both back-to-back just to be able to be fair to both. In any case, I had a blast with this and I won't wait a decade or more for another viewing this time. Eli Wallach's Tucco remains one of the greatest performances/characters in all of cinema - not just westerns - and the film never feels long or flags for a moment thanks to the beautifully choreographed narrative movements between violence, humor and (very occasionally) sentiment and drama. Certainly Leone's funniest film, and probably the high point in the career of Lee Van Cleef, even if neither he nor Eastwood get nearly as many juicy moments as Wallach does. I still prefer the director's next western, and his epic gangster saga, in large part because they are about things beyond themselves; when all is said and done, there isn't a whole lot to think about or take away from this one. A shallow epic, really - but one of the greatest and most stylish shallow epics ever, and even with that significant flaw, a masterpiece.

37. Se sei vivo spara / Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot! (Giulio Questa, 1967)

This has a reputation as one of the weirder and wilder spaghettis, and I suppose it is, though it's moments of surrealism and what the...? moments really don't do much to disguise the fact that it kind of boils down to another Yojimbo rip-off, only with our hero the stranger (Tomas Milian) this time getting three rival factions to wipe each other out, not just two. Oh and it's also a revenge - maybe revenant - story as our hero was apparently killed for gold and has come back, with the help of a Greek chorus of two enigmatic Indians to help him in his quest to get back the gold or at least kill those responsible for his death and those of his fellow workers - all Indians and half-breeds. So there's a racial component here two, as the three greedy leaders of the various groups that have taken (or are trying to take) the gold are all white, but not a lot is done with this. More colorful than most Italian westerns, and quite dynamic in it's action scenes and surreal flashbacks, this nevertheless feels a little long (in the almost 2-hour Italian cut I watched) and it doesn't quite add up to what initial scenes seemed to promise. Still a lot of fun and one of the better spaghettis I watched this month.

38. Una sull'atra / One on Top of the Other / Perversion Story (Lucio Fulci, 1969)

I watched this mostly because I'd heard it has some references to / points in common with Vertigo, and indeed it does in the most obvious senses - it's shot mostly in San Francisco, and the basic plot involves a man (a famous doctor in this case) thinking he's seeing a ghost, his recently dead wife, in this case in the form of an exotic dancer. Because y'know, it's the swinging 60s now, we gotta have sex. There's also a second woman who is in love with the doctor (the Barbara Bel Geddes character in Vertigo) and there's a certain amount of following and stalking, though not as much as in the Hitch film - but beyond that this probably has more in common with swinging 60s mysteries or oddities like Blow Up - and indeed photography and the solving of a crime feature more prominently in the last third of the film here. It doesn't really all gel IMO but the SF locations, Marisa Mell in the double role, and the bright primary colors all make it worth a watch for sure.

shugs
Donator

Post by shugs » May 31st, 2018, 6:06 pm

13. Get Carter (Mike Hodges, 1971) - 7/10
14. Straw Dogs (Sam Peckinpah, 1971) - 7/10
1. They Live (John Carpenter, 1988) - 6.5/10
2. Harold and Maude (Hal Ashby, 1971) - 9/10
3. My Own Private Idaho (Gus Van Sant, 1991) - 6/10
4. Darkman (Sam Raimi, 1990) - 5.5/10
5. Starship Troopers (Paul Verhoeven, 1997) - 7/10
6. Stripes (Ivan Reitman, 1981) - 5/10
7. Peeping Tom (Michael Powell, 1960) - 7/10
8. Kyuketsuki hanta D aka Vampire Hunter D (Toyoo Ashida, 1985) - 6.5/10
9. Akira (Katsuhiro Otomo, 1988) - 8/10
10. C'est arrive pres de chez vous aka Man Bites Dog (Remy Belvaux, Andre Bonzel, Benoit Poelvoorde, 1992) - 6/10
11. The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (Joseph Sargent, 1974) - 8/10
12. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (Yoshiaki Kawajiri, 2000) - 7/10

sebby

Post by sebby » May 31st, 2018, 6:13 pm

02. Project Grizzly (1996) - 5/10
03. The City of the Dead (1960) - 6/10
04. A Bullet for the General (1966) - 6/10
05. Cisco Pike (1973) - 7.5/10
06. Amityville II: The Possession (1982) - 3.5/10
07. Foxy Brown (1974) - 6.5/10
08. Spring (2014) - 5/10
01. Rumblefish (1983) - 4/10
02. Project Grizzly (1996) - 5/10
03. The City of the Dead (1960) - 6/10
04. A Bullet for the General (1966) - 6/10
05. Cisco Pike (1973) - 7.5/10
06. Amityville II: The Possession (1982) - 3.5/10
07. Foxy Brown (1974) - 6.5/10
08. Spring (2014) - 5/10

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 31st, 2018, 6:45 pm

previously tabulatedShow
1. Milano calibro 9 (Caliber 9) - 1972 - Fernando Di Leo
2.Una donna chiamata Apache (Apache Woman) - 1976 - Giorgio Mariuzzo
3. I quattro dell'apocalisse (The Four of the Apocalypse) - 1975 - Lucio Fulci
4. Requiescant (Kill and Pray) - 1967 - Carlo Lizzani
Last edited by weirdboy on May 31st, 2018, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

India Istanbul

Post by India Istanbul » May 31st, 2018, 6:47 pm

16. Hideous Sun Demon
17. The Crawling Hand
18. The Land Unknown
19. Tarantula
20. 20 Million Miles to Earth
21. Mothra
22.The Giant Claw
23. It Came From Beneath the Sea
24. Sisters
25. Monty Python's Meaning of Life--FTV--FABULOUS

Total Points: 25

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » May 31st, 2018, 8:44 pm

23. Labyrinth (Jim Henson, 1986) 7-
24. Gremlins 2 (Joe Dante, 1990) 6-
25. Memories of Murder / Salinui chueok (Joon-ho Bong, 2003) [Rewatch] 8 (=)
cultissimeShow
1. Anaconda (Luis Llosa, 1997) 6
2. Brick (Rian Johnson, 2005) 7
3. The Warriors (Walter Hill, 1979) 7+
4. The Four of the Apocalypse... / I quattro dell'apocalisse (Lucio Fulci, 1975) 6
5. A Bullet for the General / Quién sabe? (Damiano Damiani, 1967) 7+
6. Braindead (Peter Jackson, 1992) 5
7. Planet Terror (Robert Rodriguez, 2007) 5+
8. Pusher (Nicolas Winding Refn, 1996) 8-
9. The Fearless Hyena / Xiao quan guai zhao (Jackie Chan, 1979) 7-
10. Velvet Goldmine (Todd Haynes, 1998) 5-
11. El Topo (Alejandro Jodorowsky, 1970) 9-
12. The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash (Gary Weis, Eric Idle, 1978) 7-
13. Blue Sunshine (Jeff Lieberman, 1977) 5-
14. Gone in 60 Seconds (H.B. Halicki, 1974) 5
15. Boxing Helena (Jennifer Chambers Lynch, 1993) 5+
16. Shopping (Paul W.S. Anderson, 1994) 6-
17. Eraserhead (David Lynch, 1977) 7+
18. High Plains Drifter (Clint Eastwood, 1973) [Rewatch] 7+->8-
19. Dead Man (Jim Jarmusch, 1995) 7
20. Mill of the Stone Women / Il mulino delle donne di pietra (Giorgio Ferroni, 1960) 5
21. Sonatine (Takeshi Kitano, 1993) [Rewatch] 8 (=)
22. Sex and Lucia / Lucía y el sexo (Julio Medem, 2001) 7
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 31st, 2018, 8:48 pm

22. Blood Thirst (1971) 4
uncle pete's peepsShow
*rewatch

4. Xtro (1982) 8*
5. Eaten Alive (1980) 7
11. Le orme (1975) 7
14. The Being (1983) 3
17. Absurd (1981) 4
Last edited by peeptoad on May 31st, 2018, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

72allinncallme
Donator

Post by 72allinncallme » May 31st, 2018, 9:24 pm

46. Hercules (1983)

That’s it from me. It’s been... interesting :lol:
Thanks for hosting Maxwell.
1. Shao Lin san shi liu fang (1978)
2. Greaser’s Palace (1972)
3. Faccia a faccia (1967)
4. Escape from New York (1981)
5. Deep Throat (1972)
6. Day of the Woman (1978)
7. Tian xia di yi quan (1972)
8. Lo strano vizio della Signora Wardh AKA Blade of the Ripper (1971)
9. Ms .45 (1981)
10. Paura nella città dei morti viventi AKA City of the Living Dead (1980)
11. Kozure Ôkami: Shinikazeni mukau ubaguruma (1972)
12. Oh, Susanna! (1936)
13. Thriller - en grym film (1973)
14. Blacula (1972)
15. Shogun Assassin (1980)
16. Death Race 2000 (1975)
17. Bellissima (1951)
18. Teorema (1968)
19. Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974)
20. Il portiere di notte (1974)
21. Blood Feast (1963)
22. Shurayukihime (1973)
23. Cannibal Holocaust (1980)
24. The Last House on the Left (1972)
25. Mad Doctor of Blood Island (1968)
26. Il mondo di Yor (1983)
27. Arena (1989)
28. 2019 - Dopo la caduta di New York (1983)
29. I Drink Your Blood (1970)
30. Du bi quan wang da po xue di zi (1976)
31. Foxy Brown (1974)
32. I tre volti della paura (1963)
33. Don't Go in the House (1979)
34. I vampiri (1957)
35. La casa dalle finestre che ridono (1976)
36. Dolemite (1975)
37. Profondo rosso (1975)
38. Vampyros Lesbos (1971)
39. Tenebre (1982)
40. Wu du (1978)
41. Mil gritos tiene la noche (1982)
42. ...E tu vivrai nel terrore! L'aldilà (1981)
43. Zombi 2 (1979)
44. I criminali della galassia (1966)
45. The Burning (1981)
46. Hercules (1983)

peeptoad

Post by peeptoad » May 31st, 2018, 11:03 pm

Thanks for hosting, Maxwell!! :cheers:

23. Temple Wood: A Quest for Freedom (2012) 5
uncle pete's peepsShow
*rewatch

4. Xtro (1982) 8*
5. Eaten Alive (1980) 7
11. Le orme (1975) 7
14. The Being (1983) 3
17. Absurd (1981) 4

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 31st, 2018, 11:43 pm

peeptoad on May 31 2018, 05:03:34 PM wrote:Thanks for hosting, Maxwell!! :cheers:

23. Temple Wood: A Quest for Freedom (2012) 5
uncle pete's peepsShow
*rewatch

4. Xtro (1982) 8*
5. Eaten Alive (1980) 7
11. Le orme (1975) 7
14. The Being (1983) 3
17. Absurd (1981) 4
Hey peeps,

Thanks for the rec on The Third Eye. It was great. I especially liked the camerawork - the tight, gritty close-ups of objects like the brake lines being cut or the bird being disemboweled that gave it a very visceral feel. The fisheye lens shots depicting madness were also great. I cannot recall ever seeing Franco Nero in another role like this - filmed the same year as Django! :thumbsup:

psychotronicbeatnik
Donator

Post by psychotronicbeatnik » May 31st, 2018, 11:51 pm

Thanks for hosting Maxwell (and to sol for helping out with the updates). I was planning to watch a few more tonight but decided to get some sleep instead so this is my final post.

All my watches for this challenge were Italian - in fact, every movie I watched this month was either a triple or a double except for an Italian doco on Bruno Bozzetto that just didn't feel like it fit in cult. If only it had been called Mondo Bozzetto!

81. Fistful of Dollars (1964) Sergio Leone / Rating: 9+
82. For a Few Dollars More (1964) Sergio Leone / Rating: 9
83. The Third Eye (1966) Mino Guerrini / FTV / Rating: 8

81. Fistful of Dollars (1964) Sergio Leone / Rating: 9+
82. For a Few Dollars More (1964) Sergio Leone / Rating: 9
83. The Third Eye (1966) Mino Guerrini / FTV / Rating: 8

Last edited by psychotronicbeatnik on June 1st, 2018, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

frbrown

Post by frbrown » June 1st, 2018, 1:04 am

78. Nightmare Cafe: Nightmare Cafe (1992)
79. Nightmare Cafe: Dying Well Is the Best Revenge (1992)
80. Nightmare Cafe: Fay & Ivy (1992)
81. Nightmare Cafe: The Heart of the Mystery (1992)
82. Nightmare Cafe: Sanctuary for a Child (1992)
83. Nightmare Cafe: Aliens Ate My Lunch (1992)

Fantasy TV show, produced by Wes Craven and co-starring Robert Englund, cancelled after these 6 episodes

3. Road House (1989)
4. Top Model (1988)
8. Devil's Bait (1959)
10. Monte Walsh (1970)
12. I Am Cuba (1964)
14. Aces High (1968)
17. Animal House (1978)
19. Them! (1954)
20. Oh, Susanna! (1936)
22. Bottle Rocket (1996)
49. Blindman (1971)
56. Smart Blonde (1937)
58. Major Dundee (1965)
65. Sabata (1969)
66. Daimajin (1966)
67. La orca (1976)
68. Play Motel (1979)
70. Senza buccia (1979)
71. Lola's Secret (1984)
77. Starcrash (1978)
78. Nightmare Cafe: Nightmare Cafe (1992)
79. Nightmare Cafe: Dying Well Is the Best Revenge (1992)
80. Nightmare Cafe: Fay & Ivy (1992)
81. Nightmare Cafe: The Heart of the Mystery (1992)
82. Nightmare Cafe: Sanctuary for a Child (1992)
83. Nightmare Cafe: Aliens Ate My Lunch (1992)
Last edited by frbrown on June 1st, 2018, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.