1. François Truffaut: Stolen Portraits 1993 - 10/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/f ... portraits/
- Question for native French speakers. Marcel Ophuls tells a story about how Max referred to Truffaut as “malfrangué” (translated as scruffy). Not sure I’m spelling it right. Does anyone have an idea what the true meaning of this word is? and/or the spelling?
2. Paris-Willouby/Meet the Guilbys (2015) - 5.5/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/meet-the-guilbys/
3. Back to Burgundy/Ce Qui Nous Lie - 7/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/back-to-burgundy/
4. L’Économie du couple/After Love - 5/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/after-love-2016/
5. Le Moine - 5/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/the-monk/
6. La liste de mes envies - 6/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/l ... es-envies/
7. Una pura formalità / A Pure Formality - 6/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/a-pure-formality/
8. Verdun, visions d'histoire (1928) kind of boring, but some nice footage 6/10
9. La femme de nulle part (1922) 6/10
10. Le Distrait (1970) 6/10 I don’t enjoy Pierre Richard as much as some, but this was moderately entertaining.
11. Le Petit bougnat (1970) 6/10 The things I see for Isabelle Adjani. She was a teenager, about 14 or 15, playing a 13 year-old (13 and 1/2 in fact). It’s not tremendous, but it’s okay.
12. Faites comme si je n'étais pas là/Pretend I’m Not Here (2000) 6/10 https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/p ... -not-here/
13. Dix percent aka Call My Agent, Season Two Episode Three: Norman 5/10 This season is dragging, because it focuses more on the agents than the stars. In the 2nd episode, season two, it was over 15 minutes before Fabrice Luchini appeared.
14.Dix percent aka Call My Agent, Season Two Episode Four: Isabelle 7/10 I love Adjani. This episode was good/better, but not great.
15. Une semaine de vacances (1980) 6.5/10
16. Sur un arbre perché (1971, Serge Korber) 6/10 The “joke” gets old really quickly, but the presence of Geraldine Chaplin was enough to make it worthwhile.
17. Sérieux comme le plaisir (1975, Robert Benayoun) 5.5/10 This is kind of a cheap film, but at least it has Jane Birkin and a small appearance from Serge Gainsbourg.
18.Piège (1970) - weird, experimental French film that I lost patience with over time, even though it was so short.
19. L’Atelier / The Workshop (2017) - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/t ... shop-2017/
20. Pourquoi pas moi? (1999) 6/10 - Coming out story that involves a group of friends.
21. Dix percent aka Call My Agent, Season Two Episode Five: Guy - 6/10 the season continued to be iffy
22.Dix percent aka Call My Agent, Season Two Episode Six: Juliette - 7/10 - final episode - it’s impossible to not like Juliette Binoche. There’s only one question you’ll have to answer after watching this episode and that is would you like it if she licked your face?
23. Summer in the Forest 2017 Directed by Randall Wright
24. La Dream Team - worth it for Gerard Depardieu’s performance. Everything else is pretty standard. (Netflix USA)
25. Le tableau / The Painting (2011) 6/10
26. Voir du pays/The Stopover - The Coulin Sisters - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/the-stopover/
27. Médecin de campagne/The Country Doctor - 6/10
28. L'enquęte/The Clearstream Affair - 6/10
29. La mécanique des flux/Against the Tide - 6/10 - documentary on Syrian refugees
30. Paulette - 6/10 - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/paulette/
31. L'âge de raison/Love in the Age of Reason (2010) - 5/10 - This film with Sophie Marceau and by Yann Samuell (same guy who directed Jeux d’enfants/Love Me if You Dare) unfortunately doesn’t ring true or whimsical like some of their previous efforts. It was playing in theaters in France right before I moved there, but left theaters before I could see it. Looks like I wouldn’t have missed anything.
32. Une bouteille à la mer (2010) 6/10 Many cultures clash head-on in this film. It doesn’t always work and it isn’t always compelling, but it’s an okay watch.
33. Belle de Jour (1967) - rewatch - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/belle-de-jour/1/
34. Godard Mon Amour/Le Redoutable (2017) - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/godard-mon-amour/
35. Lotte in Italia/Struggle in Italy - 1971 - One of Godard’s “boring” films was streaming on MUBI. I’ve been struggling to watch this for the past couple of weeks, but it’s dry. Finally, it was almost leaving MUBI, so I finished it. The dialogue is in Italian, and explained in French with a voiceover by Anne Wiazemsky.
36. Nocturne indien (1989)
37. L'enfer d'Henri-Georges Clouzot/Inferno (2009) Rewatch - Two reviews at: https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/h ... inferno/1/
38. Quai des Orfèvres (1947) - Rewatch - https://letterboxd.com/allisoncm/film/q ... vres-1947/