12. Zakoldovannyy malchik [The Enchanted Boy] (1955) dir. Vladimir Polkovnikov & Aleksandra Snezhko-Blotskaya - 7.4 - also animation & Russian challenges
13. The Watermelon Woman (1996) dir. Cheryl Dunye - 7.0
14. Loyalties (1987) dir. Anne Wheeler - 7.6
15. An Angel at My Table (1990) dir. Jane Campion - 7.6
16. Sita Sings the Blues (2008) dir. Nina Paley - 8.2 - also animation challenge
17. Brødre [Brothers] (2004) dir. Susanne Bier - 8.4
18. Astenicheskiy sindrom [The Asthenic Syndrom] (1989/1990) dir. Kira Muratova - 5.6 - also Russian challenge
19. Somewhere (2010) dir. Sofia Coppola - 7.2
20. Zero Dark Thirty (2012) dir. Kathryn Bigelow - 8.0
21. Pasqualino Settebellezze [Seven Beauties] (1975) dir. Lina Wertmüller - 7.4
Agreed with sol and psycho - Sita Sings the Blues was a great, weird, ride. I'd been putting it off for a while, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and even though I kind of knew what it was about it still ended up being completely unexpected, especially the narrators.
Really great month for me on this challenge, considering I usually average only 1-2 films per month by a female director.
I also managed to watch one film from each of the 5 women nominated for Best Director at the Oscars, including the two remaining films I had yet to see.
2. The Prince of Egypt (1998) dir. Brenda Chapman and others - 7.0 - also animation challenge
3. Desert Hearts (1985) dir. Donna Deitch - 7.8
4. Kissed (1996) dir. Lynne Stopkewich - 6.2
5. Arthur Christmas (2011) dir. Sarah Smith - 6.8 - also animation challenge
6. Pitch Perfect 2 (2017) dir. Trish Sie - 6.6
7. Les plages d'Agnès [The Beaches of Agnes] (2008) dir. Agnès Varda - 7.6
8. Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts (2017) dir. Mouly Surya - 7.6
9. A Wrinkle in Time (2018) dir. Ava DuVernay - 6.6
10. Go Fish (1994) dir. Rose Troche - 6.6
Top 100 Canadian Films - 23/134 = 17% of films directed by women
BFI Flare's Best LGBT Films of All Time - 26/105 = 25% of films directed by women