Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 4 released May 26th)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

Criticker

Post Reply
User avatar
frbrown
Posts: 6134
Joined: Nov 01, 2011
Contact:

Re: Criticker

#401

Post by frbrown » March 5th, 2019, 4:53 pm

bal3x wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:16 pm
This server could not prove that it is www.criticker.com; its security certificate expired yesterday
I get the same thing.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31471
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#402

Post by joachimt » March 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I had it earlier today as well. Problem solved now.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13052
Joined: May 26, 2011
Contact:

#403

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Anyone importing IMDb ratings to Criticker? I noticed they're now 96 days behind with the imports... apparently unable to cope with the volume... but I'm having a long standing issue whereby IMDb ratings are not importing at all for months... I tried emailing them but not response...

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31471
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#404

Post by joachimt » June 30th, 2019, 7:15 pm

I've only imported once when I joined. When they fix it and you can import once more, I advice you to change your workflow. I always rate/check on four different website after watching a movie. I start at Criticker, rate there, click on the IMDb-link, rate there, click on the iCM-link, check there, click on the bookmark of the fourth website and search there (no direct link there unfortunately) and rate there. Not a big of a deal. I've heard you complaining about the import on Criticker before, so it seems just rating every title after seeing is less trouble.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
PeacefulAnarchy
Moderator
Posts: 24704
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#405

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » June 30th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Yeah, I was doing so great, then I feel behind and suddenly I'm 2 years behind on rating things. It sucks.

User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13052
Joined: May 26, 2011
Contact:

#406

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Oh will, rating on each site seems like an overload.. if criticker does not work I can do without it even though it's a shame since that site is in fact in many ways better than iCM...

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7894
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#407

Post by maxwelldeux » June 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm

trakt.tv is my main site - and while its primary focus is on TV, it's really good for movies.

And they just switched their provider of telling you where things stream (to JustWatch), so they now support localized info.

User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13052
Joined: May 26, 2011
Contact:

#408

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm
trakt.tv is my main site - and while its primary focus is on TV, it's really good for movies.

And they just switched their provider of telling you where things stream (to JustWatch), so they now support localized info.
Is there a way to import IMDb ratings into trakt?

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7894
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#409

Post by maxwelldeux » June 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm

bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm
trakt.tv is my main site - and while its primary focus is on TV, it's really good for movies.

And they just switched their provider of telling you where things stream (to JustWatch), so they now support localized info.
Is there a way to import IMDb ratings into trakt?
There is: https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

Can also import from a bunch of other sources, if you have better/more comprehensive ratings elsewhere. I also used that program to build a bunch of the official ICM lists on Trakt so I could easily see what's streaming to me and official. This is me, btw.

User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13052
Joined: May 26, 2011
Contact:

#410

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm
bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm
trakt.tv is my main site - and while its primary focus is on TV, it's really good for movies.

And they just switched their provider of telling you where things stream (to JustWatch), so they now support localized info.
Is there a way to import IMDb ratings into trakt?
There is: https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

Can also import from a bunch of other sources, if you have better/more comprehensive ratings elsewhere. I also used that program to build a bunch of the official ICM lists on Trakt so I could easily see what's streaming to me and official. This is me, btw.
Thanks! My understanding is that some of the useful trakt features are paid, so you're a VIP paying the monthly subscription? All this looks rather interesting, but I'm not quite sure how it actually helps with my IMDb, criticker and iCM synchronization :) I will look into this though.

User avatar
maxwelldeux
Donator
Posts: 7894
Joined: Jun 07, 2016
Location: Seattle-ish, WA, USA
Contact:

#411

Post by maxwelldeux » June 30th, 2019, 11:30 pm

bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm
bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm


Is there a way to import IMDb ratings into trakt?
There is: https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

Can also import from a bunch of other sources, if you have better/more comprehensive ratings elsewhere. I also used that program to build a bunch of the official ICM lists on Trakt so I could easily see what's streaming to me and official. This is me, btw.
Thanks! My understanding is that some of the useful trakt features are paid, so you're a VIP paying the monthly subscription? All this looks rather interesting, but I'm not quite sure how it actually helps with my IMDb, criticker and iCM synchronization :) I will look into this though.
Yeah, I'm paying for that - the advanced filters with Watchnow are worth the price alone for me. And I didn't mean to suggest it would help with your syncing with Criticker issue - more like if you wanted an alternative to Criticker, trakt might be an option.

But the nice thing about the search links is that while you have to be a paid member of trakt to use the advanced filters, once you copy the link, anyone can view it.

User avatar
bal3x
Donator
Posts: 13052
Joined: May 26, 2011
Contact:

#412

Post by bal3x » July 1st, 2019, 10:03 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:30 pm
bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm

There is: https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

Can also import from a bunch of other sources, if you have better/more comprehensive ratings elsewhere. I also used that program to build a bunch of the official ICM lists on Trakt so I could easily see what's streaming to me and official. This is me, btw.
Thanks! My understanding is that some of the useful trakt features are paid, so you're a VIP paying the monthly subscription? All this looks rather interesting, but I'm not quite sure how it actually helps with my IMDb, criticker and iCM synchronization :) I will look into this though.
Yeah, I'm paying for that - the advanced filters with Watchnow are worth the price alone for me. And I didn't mean to suggest it would help with your syncing with Criticker issue - more like if you wanted an alternative to Criticker, trakt might be an option.

But the nice thing about the search links is that while you have to be a paid member of trakt to use the advanced filters, once you copy the link, anyone can view it.
I see, thanks for the info!

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31471
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#413

Post by joachimt » May 10th, 2020, 6:04 pm

My last two ratings don't have a tier and they appear red. Anyone else with this problem?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 8557
Joined: Dec 29, 2012
Contact:

#414

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 11th, 2020, 8:18 pm

joachimt wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 6:04 pm
My last two ratings don't have a tier and they appear red. Anyone else with this problem?
Not here. You just turned into another sourpuss :P .

User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 03, 2014
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

#415

Post by Fergenaprido » May 15th, 2020, 7:47 am

Not for me, but I haven't rated anything on Criticker since May 1st when I did a massive update. I'll rate some this weekend and let you know.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31471
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#416

Post by joachimt » May 15th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Bug disappeared. Tier are showing correctly for the latest films as well.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

Post Reply