Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 4 released May 26th)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1966 awards (May 28th), 1935 (May 29th)
Challenges: Comedy, Western, Iberian Peninsula
Film of the Week: Unter den Brücken, June nominations (May 29th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A (Jun 4th)

Criticker

frbrown

Re: Criticker

Post by frbrown » March 5th, 2019, 4:53 pm

bal3x wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 12:16 pm
This server could not prove that it is www.criticker.com; its security certificate expired yesterday
I get the same thing.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » March 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I had it earlier today as well. Problem solved now.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 6:47 pm

Anyone importing IMDb ratings to Criticker? I noticed they're now 96 days behind with the imports... apparently unable to cope with the volume... but I'm having a long standing issue whereby IMDb ratings are not importing at all for months... I tried emailing them but not response...

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » June 30th, 2019, 7:15 pm

I've only imported once when I joined. When they fix it and you can import once more, I advice you to change your workflow. I always rate/check on four different website after watching a movie. I start at Criticker, rate there, click on the IMDb-link, rate there, click on the iCM-link, check there, click on the bookmark of the fourth website and search there (no direct link there unfortunately) and rate there. Not a big of a deal. I've heard you complaining about the import on Criticker before, so it seems just rating every title after seeing is less trouble.
ICM-profile

PeacefulAnarchy

Post by PeacefulAnarchy » June 30th, 2019, 7:28 pm

Yeah, I was doing so great, then I feel behind and suddenly I'm 2 years behind on rating things. It sucks.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Oh will, rating on each site seems like an overload.. if criticker does not work I can do without it even though it's a shame since that site is in fact in many ways better than iCM...

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm

trakt.tv is my main site - and while its primary focus is on TV, it's really good for movies.

And they just switched their provider of telling you where things stream (to JustWatch), so they now support localized info.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 9:51 pm
trakt.tv is my main site - and while its primary focus is on TV, it's really good for movies.

And they just switched their provider of telling you where things stream (to JustWatch), so they now support localized info.
Is there a way to import IMDb ratings into trakt?

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm

bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:

There is: https://github.com/damienhaynes/TraktRater/releases

Can also import from a bunch of other sources, if you have better/more comprehensive ratings elsewhere. I also used that program to build a bunch of the official ICM lists on Trakt so I could easily see what's streaming to me and official. This is me, btw.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » June 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 10:50 pm
bal3x wrote:
maxwelldeux wrote:

Can also import from a bunch of other sources, if you have better/more comprehensive ratings elsewhere. I also used that program to build a bunch of the official ICM lists on Trakt so I could easily see what's streaming to me and official. This is me, btw.
Thanks! My understanding is that some of the useful trakt features are paid, so you're a VIP paying the monthly subscription? All this looks rather interesting, but I'm not quite sure how it actually helps with my IMDb, criticker and iCM synchronization :) I will look into this though.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » June 30th, 2019, 11:30 pm

bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:
bal3x wrote:

Thanks! My understanding is that some of the useful trakt features are paid, so you're a VIP paying the monthly subscription? All this looks rather interesting, but I'm not quite sure how it actually helps with my IMDb, criticker and iCM synchronization :) I will look into this though.
Yeah, I'm paying for that - the advanced filters with Watchnow are worth the price alone for me. And I didn't mean to suggest it would help with your syncing with Criticker issue - more like if you wanted an alternative to Criticker, trakt might be an option.

But the nice thing about the search links is that while you have to be a paid member of trakt to use the advanced filters, once you copy the link, anyone can view it.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » July 1st, 2019, 10:03 am

maxwelldeux wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:30 pm
bal3x wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 11:14 pm
maxwelldeux wrote:

Yeah, I'm paying for that - the advanced filters with Watchnow are worth the price alone for me. And I didn't mean to suggest it would help with your syncing with Criticker issue - more like if you wanted an alternative to Criticker, trakt might be an option.

But the nice thing about the search links is that while you have to be a paid member of trakt to use the advanced filters, once you copy the link, anyone can view it.
I see, thanks for the info!

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 10th, 2020, 6:04 pm

My last two ratings don't have a tier and they appear red. Anyone else with this problem?
ICM-profile

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 11th, 2020, 8:18 pm

joachimt wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 6:04 pm
My last two ratings don't have a tier and they appear red. Anyone else with this problem?
Not here. You just turned into another sourpuss :P .

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » May 15th, 2020, 7:47 am

Not for me, but I haven't rated anything on Criticker since May 1st when I did a massive update. I'll rate some this weekend and let you know.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » May 15th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Bug disappeared. Tier are showing correctly for the latest films as well.
ICM-profile