Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
ICMForum's Favourite Movies 2019 Edition (Nominations: Mar 20th)
Polls: Fantasy (Results), 2003 awards (Mar 10th), DtC Nominations (Mar 18th), 1921 awards (Mar 21st), Academy Awards (Mar 22nd), Children (Apr 7th)
Challenges: French, War, Female Directors
World Cup: Semi finals schedule, SF-B (Mar 21st)
Film of the Week: Le vieux fusil

What's your least favorite movie?

brokenface
Donator

What's your least favorite movie?

Post by brokenface » January 9th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Speed 2: Cruise Control
Jack Frost (the Michael Keaton turns into a snowman Xmas film)

Of highly rated films I found Death in Venice utterly turgid, Dancer in the Dark too ridiculous to accept and I'm with Nuclearplanet on Intolerance.

bal3x
Donator

Post by bal3x » January 9th, 2012, 5:08 pm

brokenface on Jan 9 2012, 09:30:50 AM wrote:Dancer in the Dark too ridiculous to accept
:thumbsup:

XxXApathy420XxX
Donator

Post by XxXApathy420XxX » January 9th, 2012, 6:17 pm

The worst I've ever seen is Your Highness. I had to a break like every 10 minutes watching it just to keep my sanity. These are close to being #1 too:

The 41 Year Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah Marshall and Felt Superbad About It
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Harold and Kumar 2
My father didn’t have the skill of a professional cameraman. The result? Avant-garde cinema.

Tumblr | RateYourMusic | ICheckMovies

Life as Fiction

Post by Life as Fiction » January 9th, 2012, 10:58 pm

Possibly Lukas Moodysson's A Hole in My Heart.

TheMadcapLaughs

Post by TheMadcapLaughs » January 9th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Life is Beautiful.

Forever and always Life is Beautiful.

Jook

Post by Jook » January 10th, 2012, 12:39 am

Crash. The Academy Award Best Picture winning Crash.

Cippenham
Donator

Post by Cippenham » January 10th, 2012, 12:51 am

Salo of critically acclaimed films, Look Who's Talking of all films..but I have not seen Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 (2004) which is meant to be the worst film according to IMDB when I last checked.
Turning over a new leaf :ICM:

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » August 1st, 2012, 7:57 am

Let's Be Controversial and say The Godfather. (Your face in my head - :o )
Last edited by Nuclearplanet on August 1st, 2012, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laydback

Post by Laydback » August 1st, 2012, 10:34 am

American History X

This was more of a pro-racist movie to me than Birth of a Nation

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » August 1st, 2012, 11:23 am

Laydback on Aug 1 2012, 04:34:41 AM wrote:American History X

This was more of a pro-racist movie to me than Birth of a Nation
Heard a Q&A with the editor of that film. Apparently the director wanted to replace Ed Norton after the film, even though he's in the majority of it. :blink:

Gregmnewman

Post by Gregmnewman » August 1st, 2012, 11:36 am

Excluding poorly made films, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is at the top of the list for me. It was such a chore to sit through the first two, i can't face the 3+ hours needed to watch the 3rd and be rid of these movies for ever.

I can't be lieve I read yesterday that Perter Jackson is going to make a Trilogy of the Hobbit as well. Does that director have no restraint?
Last edited by Gregmnewman on August 1st, 2012, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » August 1st, 2012, 11:39 am

Gregmnewman on Aug 1 2012, 05:36:56 AM wrote:Excluding poorly made films, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is at the top of the list for me. It was such a chore to sit through the first two, i can't face the 3+ hours needed to watch the 3rd and be rid of this movies for ever.
+1. Never liked the films at all. It's disgusting it won best picture.

insomnia

Post by insomnia » August 1st, 2012, 12:34 pm

The Sound of Music

Innocuous Bird

Post by Innocuous Bird » August 1st, 2012, 5:02 pm

Cippenham on Jul 11 2011, 09:52:57 AM wrote:I note the bottom 100 on IMDB and have not seen them but from the titles look...The Tony Blair Witch Project, Santa with Muscles.
Oh but those two just sound so promising!

It always saddens me to read these threads about what movies people really dislike. There's a lot of gold on here, and I tend to find something wonderful and redeeming about each one in some way. I know it's all about different backgrounds and particular tastes, but even still...
:(

Rich

Post by Rich » August 1st, 2012, 5:40 pm

Margaret
Cliffhanger
Charlie's Angels
The Machinist
Craven's The Hills Have Eyes and The Last House on the Left
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Ocean's 12
The Patriot
Transformers 2
The War of the Roses
Submit to Me Now
Cannibal Holocaust
The Butterfly Effect
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
The Mist
Joan Does Destiny
Bamboozled

I couldn't say just one.

Kowry

Post by Kowry » August 1st, 2012, 5:50 pm

Rich on Aug 1 2012, 11:40:29 AM wrote:Craven's The Hills Have Eyes and The Last House on the Left
But... but... I like those...

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » August 1st, 2012, 5:50 pm

is Margaret that recent Lonergan one? got some pretty good reviews..what made you hate it?

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 1st, 2012, 5:56 pm

Charlie's Angels was really important to me when I was 9, so I could never have an inch of hate for it :P I love Last House on the Left (although I just thought it was ok the first time I watched it), and I like Cannibal Holocaust a lot as well. Transformers 2 was so fecking awful I almost killed myself.

My bottom 10 is something like this:

1. Juno
2. Süt Kardesler
3. Demon Island
4. Beverly Hills Ninja
5. The Night of the Hunter
6. The Maltese Falcon
7. Dzhentlmeny udachi
8. Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes
9. Envy
10. Balkanski spijun
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » August 1st, 2012, 6:00 pm

Can't believe anyone made it to Transformers 2. Wasn't the first one bad enough?!

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 1st, 2012, 6:03 pm

I watched it while I was pulling an all-nighter and thought things blowing up would keep me awake. I watched it with Riffrax as well and it still almost killed me.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » August 1st, 2012, 6:32 pm

mightysparks on Aug 1 2012, 11:56:44 AM wrote:Charlie's Angels was really important to me when I was 9, so I could never have an inch of hate for it :P I love Last House on the Left (although I just thought it was ok the first time I watched it), and I like Cannibal Holocaust a lot as well. Transformers 2 was so fecking awful I almost killed myself.

My bottom 10 is something like this:

1. Juno
2. Süt Kardesler
3. Demon Island
4. Beverly Hills Ninja
5. The Night of the Hunter
6. The Maltese Falcon
7. Dzhentlmeny udachi
8. Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes
9. Envy
10. Balkanski spijun
No Hababam Sinifi or Ed? :o

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » August 4th, 2012, 10:36 pm

mightysparks on Aug 1 2012, 11:56:44 AM wrote: 1. Juno
Why so much hate for the Junbug?

burneyfan
Donator

Post by burneyfan » August 4th, 2012, 11:09 pm

Last year I said it was Zaat with Love Story as a close runner-up, but not long afterward, I decided that Love Story was far more evil than Zaat on many counts. Eat Pray Love would probably come ahead of Zaat, as well. (No, I'm not kidding.)
Last edited by burneyfan on August 4th, 2012, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 5th, 2012, 3:05 am

Nuclearplanet on Aug 4 2012, 04:36:38 PM wrote:
mightysparks on Aug 1 2012, 11:56:44 AM wrote: 1. Juno
Why so much hate for the Junbug?
What's not to hate? :(

Limedebois

Post by Limedebois » August 5th, 2012, 9:04 am

Women's misogyny.

(She can't stand either Irène Jacob, which is just impossible^^)

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 5th, 2012, 9:26 am

I don't hate women, I hate society's view of women and how women are happy to go along with that view because of the benefits they get. And as as a result, those of us who refuse to go along with it have to suffer for it (making me hate the whole thing even more).

But anywho, Juno is a horrible attempt at being cool and quirky and funny. The acting is terrible from everyone involved, despite my excitement at Michael Cera and Jason Bateman being in a film together. Generally the most painful of films will be comedies, because a bad comedy is the worst possible torture in the world. And I could feel my body trying to kill itself so it didn't have to put up with the film any longer.

Nuclearplanet

Post by Nuclearplanet » August 5th, 2012, 11:59 am

mightysparks on Aug 5 2012, 03:26:37 AM wrote:I don't hate women, I hate society's view of women and how women are happy to go along with that view because of the benefits they get. And as as a result, those of us who refuse to go along with it have to suffer for it (making me hate the whole thing even more).

But anywho, Juno is a horrible attempt at being cool and quirky and funny. The acting is terrible from everyone involved, despite my excitement at Michael Cera and Jason Bateman being in a film together. Generally the most painful of films will be comedies, because a bad comedy is the worst possible torture in the world. And I could feel my body trying to kill itself so it didn't have to put up with the film any longer.
I really liked Ellen Page. I act like Juno sometimes, which is makes it easy to relate to the character. I found it very well written aswell with some very good direction.

Too bad you didn't like it :( , It's 9/10 for me.

VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice » August 5th, 2012, 6:53 pm

burneyfan on Aug 4 2012, 05:09:21 PM wrote:Last year I said it was Zaat with Love Story as a close runner-up, but not long afterward, I decided that Love Story was far more evil than Zaat on many counts. Eat Pray Love would probably come ahead of Zaat, as well. (No, I'm not kidding.)
Thanks for reminding me that I actually sat through Eat Pray Love, ya jerk. :angry:

dombrewer

Post by dombrewer » August 10th, 2012, 1:15 am

All films I wish didn't exist - all from the same sort of bullshit ballpark:

Independence Day
Armageddon
Transformers 3 (watched it by mistake on a long haul flight... worst ever two and half hours spent at 30'000 feet)

After a quick look at my IMDB ratings I'd include want to include these for sheer utter unbelievable shitness:

Jaws 3
Jaws: The Revenge
Primeval
Diary of the Dead
Alone in the Dark
Very Bad Things
Exorcist II
Dreamcatcher... (oh, how I hated this film)
Miracle Mile
The Keep
The Hills Have Eyes 2 (remake)
Dungeons and Dragon
The Cave
Creep
Legion
The Punisher (89 and 04)
The Happening
Alien vs Predator
Spawn
Sanctum
Wild Wild West
U-571

That's a lot of bad films, sorry for the smell.

Bobby Peru

Post by Bobby Peru » August 10th, 2012, 7:15 pm

mightysparks on Aug 5 2012, 03:26:37 AM wrote:I don't hate women, I hate society's view of women and how women are happy to go along with that view because of the benefits they get.
From Facebook:

Lauren Donis
"women are disgusting"

Lauren Donis
"and i despise women. there's a handful (eg family members, Kat, Ju etc) who are actually cool"

Lauren Donis
"and it's not as if i cry if there's a naked man. but women repulse me so i don't want to see them at all."

Lauren Donis
"... since i hate women i wouldn't care about that anyway"

Lauren Donis
"yeah, and i think a straight woman who hates women is probably going to be slightly picky"

Lauren Donis
"i think it's because I can't enjoy straight rom-coms because i hate women and can never understand why the guy is wasting his time for them."

Nopros
Donator

Post by Nopros » August 10th, 2012, 7:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: biglol biglol

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 11th, 2012, 3:31 am

Bobby Peru on Aug 10 2012, 01:15:12 PM wrote:
mightysparks on Aug 5 2012, 03:26:37 AM wrote:I don't hate women, I hate society's view of women and how women are happy to go along with that view because of the benefits they get.
From Facebook:

Lauren Donis
"women are disgusting"

Lauren Donis
"and i despise women. there's a handful (eg family members, Kat, Ju etc) who are actually cool"

Lauren Donis
"and it's not as if i cry if there's a naked man. but women repulse me so i don't want to see them at all."

Lauren Donis
"... since i hate women i wouldn't care about that anyway"

Lauren Donis
"yeah, and i think a straight woman who hates women is probably going to be slightly picky"

Lauren Donis
"i think it's because I can't enjoy straight rom-coms because i hate women and can never understand why the guy is wasting his time for them."
I'm talking about films for the most part there, so I'm still talking about how the portrayal 'disgusts' me. The 'women are disgusting' comment was mostly about the physical appearance as it was a follow up to 'if I were a guy, I'd be gay'. The 'despise women' comment was aimed at the women masses in general (eg, hating women as a gender, but not hating individual females).

And I do find them physically repulsive (that's what the 'straight woman being picky' comment was about. There, 'hate' meant 'doesn't find them attractive'); the complaint about nudity was because I don't find them attractive at all and if a woman gets naked, films always feel the need to highlight what beautiful goddesses they are and blah blah and I'm like 'wut, they're gross'. I hate it when the do the same thing with men in films but it's not as often and it's usually done in a comedic way for some reason.

The rom-com thing is again, about the portrayal of women in films. They never have any personality + they're unattractive to me, so it leaves me with little reason to understand why such a big deal is being made. But it's especially obvious in rom-coms where it does the stereotype thing of 'the woman is interested in the man because he's sweet and sensitive and the man is attracted to the woman because he thinks she's attractive'; so it plays up the woman's 'attractiveness' and the man's personality. And personality is always more important than physical attractiveness in terms of a person's overall attractiveness (to me anyway, I get bored of looking at a pretty face if the person is boring as hell. If you're kinda odd looking, but have an awesome personality then you're going to interest me much more).

The 'since I hate women' was meant as 'hating feminism' since I don't believe in segregation in genders and yay equality. And again, was based on a film I'd watched that people on IMDb were saying only women liked it because it was pro-feminism (and I loved it, but didn't see it that way at all).
Last edited by mightysparks on August 11th, 2012, 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

marco_n65

Post by marco_n65 » October 8th, 2012, 12:19 pm

The Human Centipede II.... The idiocy that it achieves to reach is utterly insulting...

esiersdale

Post by esiersdale » October 16th, 2012, 9:40 pm

It's Pat (1994)

Of all the SNL skits turned into films, this hits bottom on so many levels

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » October 16th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Well looking through the IMDB I've stumbled upon a plot by people who'll try to achieve the impossible and make the worst movie of the year three times in a row.

2012: Baby Geniuses: Baby Squad Investigators
2013: Baby Geniuses 4
2014: Baby Geniuses 5

Holy shit!

Kowry

Post by Kowry » October 16th, 2012, 9:56 pm

moviefreak on Oct 16 2012, 03:45:35 PM wrote:Well looking through the IMDB I've stumbled upon a plot by people who'll try to achieve the impossible and make the worst movie of the year three times in a row.

2012: Baby Geniuses: Baby Squad Investigators
2013: Baby Geniuses 4
2014: Baby Geniuses 5

Holy shit!
Last edited by Kowry on October 16th, 2012, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » October 16th, 2012, 10:49 pm

And poor Jon Voight is signed up to star in them all. If he's that broke I'm sure Angelina can lend him some money..

The trailer, if you really want to lose the will to live:

https://vimeo.com/42164500
Last edited by brokenface on October 16th, 2012, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeroeno

Post by jeroeno » October 16th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Oh dear, at first a sane person would think of this being a joke or hope that someone pulls the plug before they actually spend money on this sort of camelpuke but now they even have a trailer, when will someone do the righteous thing and destroy any film that may already be in existence.

Kowry

Post by Kowry » October 16th, 2012, 11:03 pm

Baby Geniuses 2 was a flop at the box office, so I don't know why they think the third one is going to make money...

allisoncm

Post by allisoncm » October 16th, 2012, 11:21 pm

Kowry on Oct 16 2012, 05:03:03 PM wrote:Baby Geniuses 2 was a flop at the box office, so I don't know why they think the third one is going to make money...
Yeah, but maybe the 4th & 5th ones will and they'll break even.