Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

Calling editors for the Forum Podcast [Talking Images]

St. Gloede

Calling editors for the Forum Podcast [Talking Images]

Post by St. Gloede » July 20th, 2020, 1:45 pm

Hi all,

We are running into an issue with the podcast where people do not have the time, or in some cases ability (older computers) to edit the recordings, and we may end up becoming bi-weekly instead of weekly because of it.

The editing is extremely basic. We use Audacity, a free tool, and it is almost like editing in word in that you simple mark the area you want to change and then cut, amplify, etc.

What we do:

- Add the intro and outro tune
- Cut out ehhs, uhhms, breathing, etc. adjusts the volume
- Cut or add space between speakers
- Remove errors/when someone miss-speaks
- Editorialize (i.e. cut something less relevant, repetitive, etc. but this is mostly for longer recordings)

*There is also the issue of sound issues, but this rarely happens anymore.

If you want to get involved as an editor and spend a few hours a month on it you will also be able to join voting for episodes, even if you perhaps do not wish to speak yourself.

Are anyone interested?

sol
Donator

Post by sol » July 20th, 2020, 1:57 pm

You also get final cut power; don't like what sol said? Edit it out. tehe I wouldn't pass up such an opportunity if I had more time myself. THE POWER!
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » July 20th, 2020, 2:03 pm

Haha, very true!

We are looking for bribes and incentives here, and that power!

At the moment ideas get approved with 4 votes, and you can also lobby your ideas on the discord, so you first hold 25% of the power to make us do what you want, plus the ability to decide on what we are allowed to say. :D

Plus, it is a little bit like being a film editor, and you get some nice creative control where you see the product being formed.

It is also possible to simply do a rough cut (I.e. ehs, ehms, breaths, spaces, simple mistakes) and pass it off to someone else for the polish.