Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th), 1951 (Sep 4th), 500<400 (Sep 23rd)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

Blithe Spirit (1945)

Ebbywebby

Blithe Spirit (1945)

Post by Ebbywebby » July 16th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Just saw this. A question for someone who may know....

Something happened in this film that I did not understand at all. About two-thirds through the film, the wife went out. And when she returned, an ambulance was leaving with the gardener inside. Then the cook, apparently resigning, left with a bandaged foot...the housekeeper was upstairs in bed with a bandaged head...and Rex Harrison was having his arm looked at because of a "strain." No explanation that I could discern. I have no idea what happened here. Wha'ppen?

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » July 16th, 2020, 8:10 pm

Wish I could help you out Ebby, but it's been years since I've seen the movie (like at least 20) - suspicious that's the case for many around here. If no one else can help, you might try https://filmboards.com/board/10038363/ (a reincarnation of the IMDb boards).

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here