Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 8 released June 27th)
Polls: 2010s (Results), 1974 (Jun 28th), 2019 awards (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Canada, Low Rated, Director
Film of the Week: Il ferroviere, August nominations (Jul 31st)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2D: Estonia vs Spain (Jul 5th), Match 2E: Georgia vs Ukraine (Jul 16th)

La Terra Trema (1948)

Ebbywebby

La Terra Trema (1948)

Post by Ebbywebby » June 7th, 2020, 12:13 am

How long should this film be? I'm seeing lengths of 160 and 152 minutes around. Is the 152-minute version truly missing something of substance, or there is some trivial variable with opening/closing credits, studio logos, this version running a little fast, a few shaved scenes, etc.?

I'm starting a seven-day trial of the Filmbox channel via Amazon Prime and am wondering whether I should skip their 152-minute offering or not. La Terra Trema is the Filmbox film I want to see most. Otherwise, they have 9-10 films I'd like to see, including Red Sorghum, Dragon Inn, Old & New, Tuvalu and two early Kurosawas. I already watched To Live and Distant Thunder.

funkybusiness
Donator

Post by funkybusiness » June 7th, 2020, 12:22 am

160min x PAL speed = 153min. so...

but you have to question why a streaming copy is running at PAL speed when the latest restoration of it runs at the proper 24fps and has been available for a couple years on blu-ray.