Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 5 released June 2nd)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1935 (Results), 1966 awards (Jun 9th)
Challenges: TSPDT, 1960s, China/Hong Kong/Taiwan
Film of the Week: Údolí vcel, July nominations (Jun 26th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A: Poland vs Mexico (Jun 4th), Match 2B: Tajikistan vs Italy (Jun 14th)

WE ARE ONE: A Global Film Festival

Onderhond

WE ARE ONE: A Global Film Festival

Post by Onderhond » April 28th, 2020, 9:29 am

More info here:

Discover and watch films during this first ever 10-day global film festival co-curated by over 20 film festivals from across the world. All funds raised during the festival will benefit COVID-19 relief funds. Subscribe to this channel for the latest information on film, talks and schedule.

The festival will feature programming curated by the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, Berlin International Film Festival, BFI London Film Festival, Cannes Film Festival, Guadalajara International Film Festival, International Film Festival & Awards Macao (IFFAM), Jerusalem Film Festival, Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI), Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Locarno Film Festival, Marrakech International Film Festival, New York Film Festival, San Sebastian International Film Festival, Sarajevo Film Festival, Sundance Film Festival, Sydney Film Festival, Tokyo International Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival, Tribeca Film Festival and Venice Film Festival.
Sounds interesting. I figured we could use a dedicated thread for this :)

Traveller

Post by Traveller » April 28th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Sounds interesting, indeed. Have to wait for the schedule and lineup, though.
ICM
June Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » April 28th, 2020, 7:12 pm

May 29 - June 7 on youtube.com/WeAreOne
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 28th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Lord knows I'll forget long before May 29th! LOL So yeah, a thread is perfect.

Wonder what our lives will be like in a month ...

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » April 28th, 2020, 8:46 pm

xianjiro wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 7:20 pm
Probably the same as today, unless someone dies.

Will be interesting to see what films they'll be streaming though. Whether it's big(ger) names, or just filler.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » April 29th, 2020, 12:30 am

Onderhond wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 8:46 pm
xianjiro wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 7:20 pm
Probably the same as today, unless someone dies.

Will be interesting to see what films they'll be streaming though. Whether it's big(ger) names, or just filler.
maybe - it's clear that someone needs a rip-roaring economy to bolster reelection chances so we got to get to 3% unemployment ASAP. Will cinemas reopen within the month? Will anyone go? What will they be showing? While I tend to agree with you, I'm not willing to place a bet either way, ;)

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

We Are One

Post by We Are One » May 6th, 2020, 2:45 pm

Wonder when the program will be out? I've heard nothing since the festival was announced.

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » May 8th, 2020, 9:28 am

We Are One wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 2:45 pm
Wonder when the program will be out? I've heard nothing since the festival was announced.
From what I am reading here and there, it feels it is being downplayed ; it will be documentaries, conversations, films from previous editions - definitely not fresh stuff we typically see in these festivals, if there was any hope for that.

Welcome to the forum btw :cheers:

ImageImageImageImage

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 8th, 2020, 11:33 am

I would very much like to see some sort of lineup/selections list or what have you. Even if it's online I still have to schedule time to watch things...

We Are One

Post by We Are One » May 8th, 2020, 12:15 pm

hurluberlu wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 9:28 am
We Are One wrote:
From what I am reading here and there, it feels it is being downplayed ; it will be documentaries, conversations, films from previous editions - definitely not fresh stuff we typically see in these festivals, if there was any hope for that.

I heard they were going to be showing new films, just not the hyped ones, which doesn't bother me because the hyped ones will get a general release anyway. But I was hoping to see Brighton 4, which is one of the lower profile films that was supposed to screen at Cannes
https://letterboxd.com/film/brighton-4/

Thanks for the welcome :cheers:

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » May 8th, 2020, 2:33 pm

We Are One wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 12:15 pm
hurluberlu wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 9:28 am
We Are One wrote:

I heard they were going to be showing new films
Oh OK, hope you are right then, and they find some agreements with distributors.

ImageImageImageImage

Traveller

Post by Traveller » May 26th, 2020, 5:58 pm

The lineup and schedule are now online.

Youtube Link

Website
ICM
June Challenge: Image
But at the bottom, the immanent philosopher sees in the entire universe only the deepest longing for absolute annihilation, and it is as if he clearly hears the call that permeates all spheres of heaven: Redemption! Redemption! Death to our life! and the comforting answer: you will all find annihilation and be redeemed!

weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy » May 27th, 2020, 8:37 am

I see several titles listed as 360 VR.

Is this something where we need VR glasses to view and/or appreciate the work?
Does youtube support VR media?

hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu » May 28th, 2020, 8:54 pm

weirdboy wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 8:37 am
I see several titles listed as 360 VR.

Is this something where we need VR glasses to view and/or appreciate the work?
Does youtube support VR media?
You will need a headset to best enjoy them on YouTube but you can watch them without as well.

Anyone has some recs for the line-up ?
Among my interests, there are
- all the shorts from Cannes 2019
- Ulrike Ottinger's Ticket of No Return (1979)
- docs such as Rick Powell : The Individualist and Bridges of Sarajevo
- some interviews I guess
I am a bit clueless for the rest.

ImageImageImageImage

prodigalgodson

Post by prodigalgodson » May 29th, 2020, 1:16 am

I'm not thrilled with the lineup tbh. The only one I've seen is Los pasos dobles, which was a very solid if very festivally film, but that was making the rounds at festivals like five years ago.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 29th, 2020, 6:15 am

There are some Chinese & Japanese films lined up, so it definitely has me interested. But how exactly is this going to go down? Is there a certain window when these films can be watched, or is it more like a classic film fest where a certain film airs at a certain time? And how does that even work in a global context?

brokenface
Donator

Post by brokenface » May 29th, 2020, 6:29 am

Onderhond wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 6:15 am
There are some Chinese & Japanese films lined up, so it definitely has me interested. But how exactly is this going to go down? Is there a certain window when these films can be watched, or is it more like a classic film fest where a certain film airs at a certain time? And how does that even work in a global context?
From faqs

WHEN IS THE FESTIVAL & HOW CAN I WATCH?
The 10-day online festival is from May 29 - June 7 on www.youtube.com/weareone. Each film or program will have a first screening at a scheduled time but don’t worry if you miss it! Many of the films will be available on VOD to watch at your leisure through the course of the festival.

--

The first screening times are all on the schedule on the website. But since it says 'many' not 'all', I don't know how you know if it's one that will be available throughout or not.

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 29th, 2020, 7:00 am

Thanks! It doesn't explicitly say that the VODs are free, but I'm going to assume they are. I think I'm going to have to start scheduling these things because more and more film fests are announcing online versions.