Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

Talking Images: [Ep 12 NOW AVAILABLE] The Decline of Film Forums

AdamH
Site Admin

Re: Podcast: Interest + Ideas

Post by AdamH » May 2nd, 2020, 1:39 pm

Cinewest, try to join today with that link before it expires.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm

AdamH wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 1:39 pm
So we need to create new links every 24 hours then?

I'll try connecting again later. That was interesting being online and chatting, though I was mostly talking to myself in between knocking down things in front of my laptop and turning up the music way too loud to test out how much audio could be picked up by the system. tehe
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » May 2nd, 2020, 2:01 pm

sol wrote:
May 2nd, 2020, 1:57 pm
AdamH wrote:
So we need to create new links every 24 hours then?

I'll try connecting again later. That was interesting being online and chatting, though I was mostly talking to myself in between knocking down things in front of my laptop and turning up the music way too loud to test out how much audio could be picked up by the system. tehe
I think it's just the invite links that have to be new. Once you've joined, you can come straight back on without worrying about links.

RogerTheMovieManiac88

Post by RogerTheMovieManiac88 » May 2nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

It was good to have a look around earlier and see the layout of the site.
That's all, folks!

Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle » May 2nd, 2020, 3:18 pm

filmbantha wrote:
April 28th, 2020, 10:15 pm
I like it :) The first thing that came to my mind was "They shoot podcasts don't they?" Probably a little too obvious but couldn't resist it.
They cast pods, don't they?
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.

cinewest

Post by cinewest » May 3rd, 2020, 1:31 am

AdamH wrote:
Thanks. Will

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 3rd, 2020, 2:52 pm

Hi all,

Hard at work editing the first podcast, about 3.5h in, and have reached the 50m mark (with about 20m cut from the original 1h 33m recording), so shouldn't take too much more time.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 3rd, 2020, 3:04 pm

We are already planning the next episode and by the arbitrary (re)discovery of Kinski's likely trashy Nosferatu sequel "Nosferatu in Venice", which a few of us will now watch together regardless (all are invited to join).

We got the idea to do one of two things:

1, A Kinski focused episode, comparing Herzog's nosferatu to this possible atrocity, while looking back at his career and the impressions he left
2. A Nosferatu focused episode comparing Schreck's Nosferatu to both iterations of Kinski's Nosferatu

Any takers?

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 3rd, 2020, 3:14 pm

One other thing, as so many people are interested, and may have their own ideas, once this is properly set up anyone can plan out an episode, record, edit, etc. The more the better.

And if anyone else knows sound editing and would like to help, please volunteer. I'm no pro, and my editing is mostly cutting out mishaps, empty space and ehhs, umms, etc.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 3rd, 2020, 3:16 pm

St. Gloede wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:04 pm
We are already planning the next episode and by the arbitrary (re)discovery of Kinski's likely trashy Nosferatu sequel "Nosferatu in Venice", which a few of us will now watch together regardless (all are invited to join).

We got the idea to do one of two things:

1, A Kinski focused episode, comparing Herzog's nosferatu to this possible atrocity, while looking back at his career and the impressions he left
2. A Nosferatu focused episode comparing Schreck's Nosferatu to both iterations of Kinski's Nosferatu

Any takers?
Doesn't really sound like my cup of tea. :mellow: I actually have the film on VHS - under the title Vampires in Venice - but I'm not really keen on making time for a Nosferatu triple play in my movie viewing schedule this weekend since I'm focusing on three unrelated Official Challenges. I don't know. We'll see. It might be fun to still pop in and say hi towards the beginning of the podcast (if appropriate). I don't know. It might be kind of nice to have general chat sessions through Discord - sort of like what I did with IMDb message board buds way back in the day of MSN Messenger, but no idea what the appetite for this is...
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 3rd, 2020, 3:17 pm

St. Gloede wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:14 pm
One other thing, as so many people are interested, and may have their own ideas, once this is properly set up anyone can plan out an episode, record, edit, etc. The more the better.
I would interested in some sessions related to the Official Challenges where we actually discuss what (for example) western, comedy and Iberian films we have been watching of late. :unsure:
Image Image Image

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 3rd, 2020, 3:30 pm

That's a great idea Sol! We could even set off a specific program for Challenges/Polls, maybe even with you as the host? Or maybe the host of the challenge/poll as the Host (if they are interested).

If you have seen the films already you may play it from memory alone, and the passion that made you buy Vampires in Venice may be intriguing to explore - if not we can throw up a more general topic again next time.

sol
Donator

Post by sol » May 3rd, 2020, 4:11 pm

St. Gloede wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:30 pm
That's a great idea Sol! We could even set off a specific program for Challenges/Polls, maybe even with you as the host? Or maybe the host of the challenge/poll as the Host (if they are interested).
I don't mind playing host, but I have no idea how to do that - and even less idea of how to record/edit audio, but I guess if it's just a discussion it does not have to form a podcast.
St. Gloede wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 3:30 pm
If you have seen the films already you may play it from memory alone, and the passion that made you buy Vampires in Venice may be intriguing to explore - if not we can throw up a more general topic again next time.
Well, if I actually remember on time :rolleyes: this Saturday, maybe I'll pop in for a bit, but I might be pretty useless discussing films that I'm vague on. I'm more likely to go off on a ramble about how much I liked Kinski in this spaghetti western that I just saw, and how Herzog's Where the Green Ants Dream is sooo underrated. :ph43r:
Image Image Image

filmbantha

Post by filmbantha » May 3rd, 2020, 4:41 pm

I must say the ideas surrounding the second episode of the podcast took me totally by surprise, that's quite a bold sidestep from the topics we explored in the first episode but I would certainly like to be a part of it! I haven't seen either of the Nosferatu versions in a long time so my preference would be towards 1 - with the focus being more on Kinski - but I am happy to go along with whatever is decided as my knowledge of Kinski is limited to mainly his Herzog collaborations and a handful of westerns.

Also, thanks for putting in all of your time to edit the first episode Gloede, I'm certainly excited to listen back to it and to see what others think of our first attempt. As my laptop is over ten years old and slow at the best of times I don't think I would currently be in a position to be of any use in terms of editing the recordings. I will certainly be an eager participant for future episodes though because I really enjoyed our discussions yesterday :)

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 3rd, 2020, 9:19 pm

Great, really happy to have you onboard again.

This was only meant to be a suggestion btw, for the future it would be best if we could all take part in suggesting and deciding on topics.

A really good system, if we keep growing like this, is that we pick a topic, those interested sign-up and then set a time/date.

Right now we are doing 1 CET on Saturdays, but that was before we knew just how many would want to join in. This is pretty exciting.

When Adam, Gary and I talked about setting this up at first we envisioned 4 kinds of episodes as a rough sketch.

1. Personal (No research required, we talk about our experiences, tastes, etc. i.e. perfect if we don't have the time to put in the work)
2. Film/Director/Actor Discussion (We watch one or more films and discuss them)
3. Toplist discussion (i.e. Top 5 Westerns of the 50s, etc. or perhaps discussing actual lists - though we were not quite sure how to do this with the films fresh in mind).
4. Essentially anything that could be a forum thread (wildcard)

But I think there are many other types of episodes we can try to do, including discussions about specific forum threads/projects.

First things first, I should have the first episode and 20m pilot uploaded tomorrow, and then we'll take it from there.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 3rd, 2020, 10:36 pm

We are live!!!!

https://talkingimages.sounder.fm/show/talking-images

Episodes can be deleted/reuploaded if there are any errors.

We can fill in this page more tomorrow/soon, and if anyone is great with graphics, we'd love a kickass logo.

blocho
Donator

Post by blocho » May 4th, 2020, 2:49 am

This is really cool. Depending on the topic, I'd love to take part in the next one. Would it be a bad idea to do a discussion topic regarding one of the challenges: favorite Westerns or Iberian movies or something like that?

72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm » May 4th, 2020, 5:44 am

The start of something great! :cheers:

cinewest

Post by cinewest » May 4th, 2020, 6:53 am

I listened to the first podcast, and found it interesting to hear about the different ways some of the people here got into movie watching. Wondering whether this thread would be a good place for the rest of us to chime in on the various topics?

Apart from the fact that everyone participating seemed to come from somewhere different (nationality wise and beyond), there were also multiple generations present, all of which colors our perception of the films that we see. Not only are our backgrounds unique (age, personal history, experience, and education), but we have all became familiar with film at different times (not just in regards to our own lives but in terms of film history) and in different ways (our first tastes, and the ways they have evolved).

Depending on when we first started watching or developing a strong interest in movies, and what was available not only creates a unique starting point for, but also contextualizes our film journeys.

Watching Days of Heaven for the first time as an 18 year old (with a recently ignited passion for cinema) in a movie theater the year it came out, for example, is completely different than coming across it years later on your laptop after seeing other films by Malick, as well as other films he has influenced. No judgments, here, but simply trying to point out that time, technology, and our different reference points in their regard, all have a big influence.

With respect to time, alone, there is the year we first began our own film journeys and the way they have evolved going forward from there, not only in terms of what is contemporary for each of us, but in terms of what we are actually watching and when. And, on top of that, or perhaps I should say behind that, there is also film history itself, and the way cinema has evolved over time, which is decidedly different from the way each of us has experienced it.
Last edited by cinewest on May 4th, 2020, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coryn

Post by Coryn » May 4th, 2020, 7:00 am

Amazing idea!
I saved Latin, what did you ever do ?

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 4th, 2020, 7:06 am

Fantastic idea, Cinewest!

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » May 4th, 2020, 8:52 am

Fun listen! I discovered cinema fairly late (first years of uni 2008-2011) but had a similar journey to some of you (imdb top 250, then icheckmovies). I'd say I got seriously into films from 2011 when I started logging films in my own Excel document, at 24 years old. Wholeheartedly agree with the approach to not rush through the TSPDT, I am still only at bronze there.

The icheckmovies lists were very important for me to discover just how broad the history of cinema is, especially lists like the Amos Vogel, Anthology Archives, Brief Encounters and the various country lists which for some reason really fascinated me. Although I am by no means an expert on experimental cinema, it is through icheckmovies that I discovered it, after spending countless hours looking at the icm lists. It is also through icm that I got really interested in the obscure. In addition to this fascination for the obscure, I think the local cinematheque was very important for me to take the risk and move towards a change in academic career from biology to film, as it showed me that while cinema is constantly being considered dead, there is a thriving undead cinephile community that matters to people.

I'm interested in joining as a guest at some point!

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » May 4th, 2020, 8:59 am

Really like the ideas above about continuing the podcast conversation with the rest of the forum on here and I also agree that it could be good to talk about current challenges on the forum. Maybe a small section that mentions what's happening on the forum and what you can take part in?

Also, again, thank you very much to St. Gloede for getting this all organised. I, and one or two others, have occasionally posted about doing a podcast but nothing ever happened. St. Gloede really made this happen and I know he put in literally hours of work to edit the podcast.

cinewest

Post by cinewest » May 4th, 2020, 9:39 am

Three cheers for St. Gloede, and well deserved. Thanks for nourishing the more communicative part of what exists here.

In listening to folks on the podcast, I noticed that "the start of one's cinematic journey" can be thought of in different ways, perhaps depending on when people believe cinema invigorated them with passion and interest, or the nature of that passion and interest.

In my own case, I know that I was interested in movies from the time I first saw them, whether it was my mom taking me to the theater to see the latest children's movie (I was a child of the 60's), watching something on The Wonderful World of Disney (a weekly program at the time), or whether it was watching holiday favorites like The Wizard of Oz (perhaps my own favorite as a young child).
By the time I was 7 my taste for other kinds of movies began. I should perhaps explain that though I was a child of the TV generation in the U.S., my parents restricted my TV until high school at somewhere between 1 program and 10 hrs per week (It was a Disney movie at the beginning, and always included at least a movie per week thereafter), though I found ways of getting around that, first by accompanying my mom on the sofa to watch what she was watching before bed (usually a hollywood musical* or a classic comedy or drama**) on Friday or Saturday nights when my dad was working late night, or when I was on vacation at my grandparent's house (where I loaded up on Westerns (High Noon and Magnificent Seven were my two favorites, which played all the time on TV during the Summer or on weekends).
*I was more into the musicals that featured great dancing than those that just had singing (except The Yellow Submarine), and Gene Kelly movies were probably my favorite musicals, though I also liked many of the ex-broadway productions like Westside Story, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, Oklahoma, etc.)
**I saw and enjoyed many classic hollywood dramas at a pretty young age, and though I followed actors like Brando and Bogart at the time, rather than directors, I later realized John Huston, David Lean, and Elia Kazan were 3 of my favorites.

When I got into my teens, I began going out to the movies with my friends (initially in the company of an adult) to see what are now considered to be the American classics of the 70's either when they first came out, or within a few years at one of the many revival theaters in San Francisco at the time. Still, it wasn't until my mid teens that my real passion for cinema was ignited, and that happened oddly enough when I was home from school with the Chicken Pox during a PBS pledge drive, during which they ran a marathon of films from the Janus Collection: My first Kurosawa, Bergman, Bunuel, The French New Wave (Hiroshima Mon Amor and Jules & Jim were two of my favorites), etc. I was in ecstasy.

For me, cinema wedded together the primary art forms I was already interested in from literature (which was my first major in college) to music, to the fine arts, and the filmmakers I discovered during that period opened my eyes to what films were capable of. I was lucky to have in my grandfather my first companion to see more of these kinds of films at local theaters (at one time I counted 15-20 theaters in San Francisco that devoted themselves to revival double features or foreign films), and when I entered college film appreciation classes further expanded my horizons, and I realized that film had its own unique properties that began with its ability to lull viewers into a semi-trance state in the dark and convince one that they were floating in an imaginary world.

There was no internet, or imdb, or check movies in those days, but I spent a lot of time in bookstores, and always found useful references among film books (loved reading Pauline Kael's reviews, and various film magazines like Sight & Sound. The San Francisco Bay Area was a great place to stoke my passion, too, as not only was it rife with film festivals throughout the year, but the Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley has access to the second largest film collection in the United States, and at both UC Berkeley and SF State university (I attended both), students could check out films to watch on their own in little screening booths (I remember seeing Marienbad, Tristana, The Seventh Seal, and L'aventura that way so I could use them for papers). I remember checking out the film scripts, as well.

The 1980's was probably the most exciting period of film viewing for me, but not because of what was being made available during the 80's, more because of all great films I was seeing from previous decades. I also began making short films with a friend who had access to equipment from the film department at SF State, and together we made 7 different kinds of shorts (3-23 minutes in length) a couple of which were accepted to film festivals. Around this time, I also regularly attended the SF International (one of the oldest film festivals in the U.S.), and I have had some of my most memorable film viewings there over the years, either in terms of new discoveries like Koyaanisqatsi, or with Von Trier (Europa Zentropa), or in restored classics like Marketa Lazarova. Unfortunately, the advent of VHS and video rental stores killed off most of the revival theaters, but it also allowed me to get access to some films on tape that I hadn't seen.

The early 90's led me to live abroad for the first time (I spent 3 years in Costa Rica), but even away from the city that had so nurtured my passion for cinema, I was able to make friends with a guy from CR who was studying film in Cuba, and he introduced me to Leo Carax, as well as the latest film by Eliseo Subiela, El Lado Oscuro del Corazon. When I got back from CR in the mid 90's, I discovered Kieslowski, Kiarostami, and Wong Kar Wai, and my passion for the medium was reignited. I can still remember how dumbstruck with awe I was after seeing Kieslowski's Blue, Kiarostami's Touch of Cherry, or films like Before The Rain, Dead Man, Ahn Hung Tran's Cyclo, Kustarica's Underground, Makmahlbaf's Moment of Innocence, Soukorov's Mother & Son, Malick's The Thin Red Line, Eternity and a Day, etc.

The 2000's was another watershed period of film viewing for me (mostly because I was mostly single and spent a lot of my free time at film festivals or at my local arthouse theater in San Rafael), and one that was full of new discoveries, most of them contemporary and hailing from foreign lands, but at this point, I'm well past what "ignited my film journey," so I'll leave it here, for now.
Last edited by cinewest on May 5th, 2020, 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 4th, 2020, 4:24 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words, everyone.

Let's hope this gets us talking and discussing in ways we haven't before.

Teproc

Post by Teproc » May 4th, 2020, 4:29 pm

That was fun to listen to. Interesting to hear how influential the IMDB top 250 was on everyone involved, given how little regard most people have for it now. Very curious to see where this goes next (and maybe participate at some point).

Onderhond

Post by Onderhond » May 4th, 2020, 4:59 pm

My passion for cinema ran on two different tracks I guess.

First there was the 'normal' track, the path most young people follow I guess. Mostly determined by availability and stuff I liked when growing up. I watched a few Disney features when I was very small, but that never did it for me. Got into horror at quite a young age and watched whatever I could get my hands on, with the help of my parents. By the time I was thirteen, I think my favorite film was Braindead. The horror bug never really left me, and in the mid 90s I was interested in the more twisty variations. Also started to look for more "alternative" films, but that was mostly just films like Pulp Fiction or Memento. Stuff that is featured high on lists like the IMDb Top 250, though I never actively used that one.

A second track ran its course through many different media. Got a NES when I was 6 years old, upgraded to a SNES and with that came a subscription to Super Play, a British magazine that focused strongly on the link with Japan. They talked about Japanese RPGs that we didn't get, but also had time to venture a bit deeper into Japanese culture. Some anime reviews and even live action cinema (it's the first time I read about Kitano). It was then that my love for Japanese aesthetics blossomed. Local video stores started to carry Manga Ent DVDs around that time, and I found a bigger passion there than with live action cinema. So for a while, it was all about Ghost in the Shell, Akira and the like.

There were two pivotal points that brought me to where I am today. The weekend that I watched Eraserhead and Tetsuo in succession (got the bootleg VHSes from a friend). Loved Eraserhead, hated Tetsuo on first viewing. But Tetsuo was the one I just had to watch again the next day and it's the one that is still in my Top 10. The problem was that these films put me off of cinema. Didn't have the means back then to find similar films and mainstream cinema looked incredibly boring in comparison.

The second moment was when I watched Avalon, still my all-time favorite. It brought together my love for alternative cinema and animation. From there on out I started exploring Japanese cinema, though availability was a big issue at first. It was also the time I first got an internet connection though, so that really helped to kickstart my hobby.

I only started watching classics at a late age, but for the most part they can't offer my what I'm looking for in cinema. I've grown to appreciate certain aspects of them over the years, but since I have a thing for more modern aesthetics (both visually as well as musically), there's always a barrier there that keeps me from fully liking them.

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 7th, 2020, 8:31 am

Hi all,

Just a reminder that we are watching Nosferatu in Venice together on the Discord server this evening.

Feel free to join in at 22.00 CET.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 8th, 2020, 1:16 pm

I listened to the first (two) episodes. Was very interesting to listen to everyone's path. And nice to hear everyone's voice. For a first time podcast you all did a great job!
Two little points of feedback for improvement: 1) Too many guestst; I think discussion would been better with fewer guests with more time to delve into their story or opinion. 2) Too long, which is kind of related to the first. Personally I will be much more inclined to listen to the podcast regular if it's under 30 minutes.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » May 8th, 2020, 2:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Lonewolf. It helps. If anyone else has any feedback (good or bad), please let us know.

Lilarcor
Donator

Post by Lilarcor » May 8th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Most of the podcasts I listen to are in the region 40-120 minutes, so I don't think it's too long. But I agree that it would be too many guests in the long run.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 8th, 2020, 3:52 pm

cinewest wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 9:39 am
I also began making short films with a friend who had access to equipment from the film department at SF State, and together we made 7 different kinds of shorts (3-23 minutes in length) a couple of which were accepted to film festivals.
More important question is; how many checks do they have? :P

But seriously was very interesting to read your journey as well. Interesting to hear about people's cinematic journey that were born in earlier decades than myself (a 80s kid) when movies were much harder to see.

sebby

Post by sebby » May 8th, 2020, 11:28 pm

Lilarcor wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 3:16 pm
Most of the podcasts I listen to are in the region 40-120 minutes, so I don't think it's too long. But I agree that it would be too many guests in the long run.
Many podcasts tend to start shorter and then expand in episode length. I think that's a good strategy for diving into something new. There will naturally be problems with editing and sound and all that. For me personally, I have a hard time with any that crest the 80 or 90 min mark. Even if it's my favorite podcast. It's just too much. Like TV episodes, I think 40-60 minutes is the sweet spot.

cinewest

Post by cinewest » May 9th, 2020, 1:32 am

Lonewolf2003 wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 3:52 pm
cinewest wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 9:39 am
I also began making short films with a friend who had access to equipment from the film department at SF State, and together we made 7 different kinds of shorts (3-23 minutes in length) a couple of which were accepted to film festivals.
More important question is; how many checks do they have? :P

But seriously was very interesting to read your journey as well. Interesting to hear about people's cinematic journey that were born in earlier decades than myself (a 80s kid) when movies were much harder to see.
Being the pre-digital age, our films were shot on 16mm and then transferred to video tape (3/4 inch masters) before vhs copies were made. We've since transferred to dvd, but never uploaded to youtube. My friend went on to become a videographer for Cal Trans (the state transportation agency), and I eventually became a teacher / trainer / tutor, where I use films (or scenes from films) whenever I can.

Am guessing you probably got into film some time during the dvd age (mid-90's), and are most certainly a lot more savvy than I about how to access films over the internet.

Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido » May 9th, 2020, 10:08 am

I also gave the podcast a go. Good effort folks.

My feedback: Agreed on too many guests, and the editing between them was sometimes abrupt. Also, I found it difficult to hear/understand some people at times. I know some of it is related to poor connection or quality of sound recording, but some of it was also enunciation. I think Chris was the hardest to understand, while whoever had the slight southern drawl was the clearest/easiest (I lost track of who was who). I didn't think an hour was too long, but I did find myself losing interest at times when the conversation didn't seem to be going anywhere or there were audio issues (I was updating my spreadsheets at the same time, so perhaps my focus was elsewhere, but I never listen to podcasts to only listen to podcasts... they're always something I have on while doing something else).

Overall, I'm curious to see where this will go. :thumbsup:

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 9th, 2020, 10:46 am

Thanks for your feedback, Fergenaprid, Sebby, Lilacord and Lonewolf!

We are recording Episode 2 today, this time with just 4 co-hosts.

We will aim to keep it shorter, and this time we have a more concise topic: Klaus Kinski/Nosferatu.

Agreed that Gary (Southern Voice) is the clearest, he is absolutely fantastic at this.

I'll try to speak a bit slower on this one, and hopefully that will make it easier to understand me.

Lonewolf2003
Donator

Post by Lonewolf2003 » May 9th, 2020, 4:36 pm

Fergenaprido wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 10:08 am

My feedback: Agreed on too many guests, and the editing between them was sometimes abrupt. Also, I found it difficult to hear/understand some people at times. I know some of it is related to poor connection or quality of sound recording, but some of it was also enunciation. I think Chris was the hardest to understand, while whoever had the slight southern drawl was the clearest/easiest (I lost track of who was who). I didn't think an hour was too long, but I did find myself losing interest at times when the conversation didn't seem to be going anywhere or there were audio issues (I was updating my spreadsheets at the same time, so perhaps my focus was elsewhere, but I never listen to podcasts to only listen to podcasts... they're always something I have on while doing something else).

Me too, I listen to podcasts while cooking, doing dishes or other chores. Gary’s voice was indeed the easiest to understand. I just didn’t catch what his forum name is.

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » May 9th, 2020, 4:49 pm

Lonewolf2003 wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 4:36 pm
Fergenaprido wrote:
May 9th, 2020, 10:08 am

Me too, I listen to podcasts while cooking, doing dishes or other chores. Gary’s voice was indeed the easiest to understand. I just didn’t catch what his forum name is.
Ormazd. He hasn't posted for years.

kingink

Post by kingink » May 10th, 2020, 8:48 am

Oh! Very nice! I love listening to film podcasts! I will listen to it and come back for some compliments cause I'm sure it will be great!

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » May 10th, 2020, 11:16 am

Ha, then we know what you thought if you don't get back to us. :D