Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 2010s (Results), Animation (Jul 21st), 1974 awards (Jul 23rd), 1942 (Jul 27th)
Challenges: Low rating, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller, Benelux
Film of the Week: Spiegel van Holland, August nominations (Jul 26th)

German cinema

beavis

German cinema

Post by beavis » July 7th, 2019, 9:17 pm

I have a feeling that German cinema is often very regional, but i do not know the country and the dialects well enough to be sure.
Today i saw the new Fatih Akin movie about a famous Hamburg serial killer. His movies are often set in Hamburg. For that city there seems to also be a genre (so to speak) of movies centered around st pauli

I hope there are some german users here who can tell us a bit more about different regions of german cinema!

There is the Berliner schule as another famous example of course. At the moment i'm most interested in Munich actually. Are there famous actors and directors linked to that city. And what are some of the best german movies shot in that city?

beavis

Post by beavis » July 8th, 2019, 2:02 pm

no one yet? :) don't need an entire essay, just some hints on how realistic it is to talk about german cinema as possibly regionally divided, a few good tips and such...

feel free to also just use this topic to discuss german cinema in any other way of course ;)