Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
500<400 (Nominations Sep 22nd)
Polls: Animation (Results), 2016 awards (Aug 25th), 1987 (Aug 25th), Benelux (Aug 30th), Knockout competition (Round 1)
Challenges: Romance, UK/Ireland, <400 Checks
Film of the Week: The Great White Silence, September nominations (Aug 30th)

FotW #251-300 Nominations

Cocoa
Donator

Re: FotW #251-300 Nominations

Post by Cocoa » August 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm

joachimt wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 6:36 am
2. You assume there will be a new WC coming year? If it happens, indeed remove those movies from your list.
[small]I'd vote for removing all past WC-movies as well.[/small]
I just wanted to say that future WC films are ineligible for the year they take place in just in case a WC season does occur because I'd rather say this now than have the discussion be done during a random time if another WC does pop up. I guess I should assume there will be no WC next year :rip:

We haven't had any WC films pop up as a FotW since we've started this nomination process and we have a few members who I don't think were here years ago when certain films were discussed in the WC, so I don't want to have a ban on all past WC films. If a bunch of past WC films become FotWs in the next year, then I'll be more open to creating a rule excluding them, but as of right now I'm not convinced that we should ban them all.

On another topic, two people have already stated that they want shorts to be stand-alone and not paired up. If the majority feels that way, then we can keep it the same and have no new rule pairing a short up with something.

72allinncallme
Donator

Post by 72allinncallme » August 4th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Cocoa wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 5:48 pm
On another topic, two people have already stated that they want shorts to be stand-alone and not paired up. If the majority feels that way, then we can keep it the same and have no new rule pairing a short up with something.
+1 from me too.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » August 4th, 2019, 6:04 pm

Don't assume either way about the WC. I guess I'll start a poll around the end of the year to see if people are interested in a next season. It can go either way.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"