Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 11 released July 24th)
Polls: 0 Official Lists (Results), 1960 (Results), Romance (Aug 28th)
Challenges: German/Austrian/Swiss, <400, 1970s
Film of the Week: Der Fan, September nominations (Aug 28th)
World Cup S4: Match 2H: India vs Cuba (Aug 16th), QF Preparation (Aug 25th)

Can someone recommend the best experimental feature?

Post Reply
User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

Can someone recommend the best experimental feature?

#1

Post by fori » March 13th, 2017, 7:46 am

Yeah like the title says, I'm searching for the best experimental feature. Can any of you suggest anything?
Thanks.

User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 31948
Joined: Feb 16, 2012
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#2

Post by joachimt » March 13th, 2017, 8:11 am

ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#3

Post by fori » March 13th, 2017, 8:20 am

joachimt on Mar 13 2017, 02:11:01 AM wrote:Our forum poll from 2016
Seen all the features except 1, which I'll again try to locate now, thanks.
...
No dice I'm afraid, I can't find Eldorado (1921).
Last edited by fori on March 13th, 2017, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11374
Joined: May 08, 2011
Contact:

#4

Post by mjf314 » March 13th, 2017, 8:28 am

If you look at the list of all nominations, you'll find more that you haven't seen: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /joachimt/

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#5

Post by fori » March 13th, 2017, 8:32 am

mjf314 on Mar 13 2017, 02:28:56 AM wrote:If you look at the list of all nominations, you'll find more that you haven't seen: https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /joachimt/
Thanks, I have also been looking for a lot of these but without KG I find it hard to access them.

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4633
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#6

Post by Onderhond » March 13th, 2017, 9:11 am

Will recommend Umfeld. Completely abstract and great mix of sound and imagery. Gotta be able to stand electronic music though (and not talking about the Daft Punk kind).

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#7

Post by fori » March 13th, 2017, 9:13 am

Onderhond on Mar 13 2017, 03:11:13 AM wrote:Will recommend Umfeld. Completely abstract and great mix of sound and imagery. Gotta be able to stand electronic music though (and not talking about the Daft Punk kind).
Thanks, I love Umfeld!

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4633
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#8

Post by Onderhond » March 13th, 2017, 9:17 am

fori on Mar 13 2017, 03:13:20 AM wrote:
Onderhond on Mar 13 2017, 03:11:13 AM wrote:Will recommend Umfeld. Completely abstract and great mix of sound and imagery. Gotta be able to stand electronic music though (and not talking about the Daft Punk kind).
Thanks, I love Umfeld!
Not a good recommend then, if you've already seen it :lol:

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#9

Post by fori » March 13th, 2017, 9:27 am

Onderhond on Mar 13 2017, 03:17:15 AM wrote:
fori on Mar 13 2017, 03:13:20 AM wrote:
Onderhond on Mar 13 2017, 03:11:13 AM wrote:Will recommend Umfeld. Completely abstract and great mix of sound and imagery. Gotta be able to stand electronic music though (and not talking about the Daft Punk kind).
Thanks, I love Umfeld!
Not a good recommend then, if you've already seen it :lol:
Actually I found out about it due to your list of favourite films, so major props to you. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Onderhond
Posts: 4633
Joined: Dec 23, 2012
Contact:

#10

Post by Onderhond » March 13th, 2017, 10:17 am

Ah, you're welcome. If you know similar films, do share! :)

User avatar
Melvelet
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mar 29, 2013
Contact:

#11

Post by Melvelet » March 13th, 2017, 11:35 am

fori on Mar 13 2017, 02:20:36 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 13 2017, 02:11:01 AM wrote:Our forum poll from 2016
Seen all the features except 1, which I'll again try to locate now, thanks.
...
No dice I'm afraid, I can't find Eldorado (1921).
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /joachimt/

There's also the extended version of the list.
Current recommendation: -


ImageImage


Current focus: 1974, 1960s

User avatar
fori
Posts: 1330
Joined: Aug 24, 2014
Contact:

#12

Post by fori » March 13th, 2017, 11:54 am

Melvelet on Mar 13 2017, 05:35:59 AM wrote:
fori on Mar 13 2017, 02:20:36 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 13 2017, 02:11:01 AM wrote:Our forum poll from 2016
Seen all the features except 1, which I'll again try to locate now, thanks.
...
No dice I'm afraid, I can't find Eldorado (1921).
https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/icm+ ... /joachimt/

There's also the extended version of the list.
Thanks!

User avatar
russa03
Posts: 87
Joined: Jun 28, 2015
Contact:

#13

Post by russa03 » July 25th, 2020, 2:49 am

Zorns Lemma (1970) with good quality. I've only seen unwatchable versions posted before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2KyU23C04M

Post Reply