Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: 1970s (Results), 1950 (Jun 24th), Japan (Jun 30th), Essential Cinema (Jul 11th)
Challenges: Italy, Queer Cinema, Film From Each Year
Film of the Week: Drive a Crooked Road, July nominations (Jun 25th)

DVD/BD Lounge

GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

weirdboy wrote: May 18th, 2021, 1:13 am Seems like Criterion must have some sort of deal with Netflix. I would expect Uncut Gems to show up, too.
Uncut Gems was a Netflix release outside the US, but in the US it was a regular theatrical release through A24. Lionsgate handles the Blu-ray/DVD releases for A24 films and so far not a single A24 film has been licensed to Criterion. We’ll see if that ever changes though.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

New special Criterion announcement, a few days ahead of their usual new release listing for some reason - September 28 release date

Melvin Van Peebles: Four Films

1093: The Story of a Three Day Pass aka La permission (1967 according to Criterion, 1968 on icm/IMDb)
1094: Watermelon Man (1970)
1095: Sweet Sweetback’s Baadasssss Song (1971)
1096: Don't Play Us Cheap (1972)

All but Sweet Sweetback are currently unofficial.

Tons of extras including Baadasssss!, the 2003 semi-fiction film from MVP's son Mario about the making of Sweet Sweetback.

This is in the format of their "usual" deluxe box (i.e. the Cassavetes, Demy and Tati sets), with a $125 list price.
zuma
Donator

Post by zuma »

They only announce the spine number releases mid month.
GruesomeTwosome
Donator

Post by GruesomeTwosome »

Criterion’s announced releases for September:

The Damned (1969, Luchino Visconti)
Mona Lisa (1986, Neil Jordan) [upgrade from prior DVD release]
Love & Basketball (2000, Gina Prince-Bythewood)
Throw Down (2004, Johnnie To)

And then there’s that previously announced Melvin Van Peebles 4-film set that’s also coming out in September.
I’m to remember every man I've seen fall into a plate of spaghetti???

My IMDB profile
ICM
Letterboxd