Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: Directors (Results), 1968 awards (Jan 21st), Documentaries (Jan 26th), 2018 (Feb 17th)
Challenges: Russia, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Rosenbaum
World Cup: Quarter Finals schedule, QF-B (Jan 27th)
Film of the Week: L'innocente

Movie Pet Hates

xianjiro
Donator

Movie Pet Hates

Post by xianjiro » July 1st, 2018, 12:34 am

i (l) this thread

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » July 1st, 2018, 8:10 pm

I hate when movies ignore simple basic laws of physics.

No, Sharknado film fans, a giant flying great white shark is not going to immediately reverse course when you hit it with a baseball bat. No, Highlander, I don't care how strong and amazing you are, but you're not going to stop a giant sword with your little katana to a dead stop.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 2nd, 2018, 12:28 pm

maxwelldeux on Jul 1 2018, 02:10:09 PM wrote:I hate when movies ignore simple basic laws of physics.
I just saw Harold Lloyd falling to the right side of a train, because the train went through a sharp bend............. to the right. <_<
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » July 16th, 2018, 11:55 am

Very practical for us as a viewer when the bad guys all bought the red lasergun and the good guys have a green lasergun, so we can easily recognize which shot is from whom.
ICM-profile

sheikofhyrule

Post by sheikofhyrule » August 3rd, 2018, 4:16 am

After seeing the trailer for Alpha...characters who have perfect, white teeth no matter what time period the film takes place.

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » August 3rd, 2018, 5:38 am

The white teeth reminds me... women who have shaved armpits and legs no matter the situation, place or time period.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » September 3rd, 2018, 6:19 pm

A cop realizes that someone quietly walking away at a moderate distance is a bad guy that needs to be stopped. Instead of closing in on him before he notices it, the cop shouts "hey, stop!", which gives the bad guy a head start.
ICM-profile

Ivan0716

Post by Ivan0716 » September 30th, 2018, 10:56 pm

I'm sure it has been mentioned at least once in 300+ posts, but I'm on a Giallo binge and have to rant about it.

Did they have to have a "I know who the killer is but I will only tell you in person because lol" phone conversation in every single one of them.

xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro » September 30th, 2018, 11:07 pm

I was thinking we need a thread for all the movie cliches, just like that one

Listen, Daddy. Teacher says, 'every time a car alarm bleeps, into heaven a demon sneaks.'
sol can find me here

cinephage
Donator

Post by cinephage » October 1st, 2018, 3:53 pm

There is an evil force/creture. We saw it kill a few extras earlier in the story. But when it runs against the main character, it just frightens him or her...

kathulu

Post by kathulu » October 1st, 2018, 10:42 pm

I haven't been through the whole thread, so please forgive me if it's already been mentioned, but...

People who "play musical instruments". My GOD. First of all, I can always see when someone's not a musician at all and it grinds me the wrong way. But sometimes, it's soooooort of passable and that annoys me even more!! I have perfect pitch and I can hear/see when it's not the right pitch on the instrument, or when they're playing a completely different tune to what we're hearing. My latest grievance is the intro to "Westworld", where the hand that's playing the piano is OFF WITH ONE KEY oh stop it how did no one check that bit before it went through??

It really annoys me LOL

Cinematic history journey: https://twitter.com/Katlovesmovies1

Hunziker
Donator

Post by Hunziker » October 22nd, 2018, 1:18 am

Spotted in Hellions:
“Honey, I can barely hear you. Listen, we’ll talk when I get back, okay?” *hangs up*

uugh :verymad:
This is the voice of world control.

iCM -Twitter
ImageImage

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » December 10th, 2018, 7:23 pm

The lead character has an important suitcase. Someone else enters the scene and the camera focuses on his suitcase, which looks exactly like the suitcase of the lead. Of course you know what's going to happen in a few moments. <_<
ICM-profile

OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 » December 11th, 2018, 1:21 am

joachimt wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 7:23 pm
The lead character has an important suitcase. Someone else enters the scene and the camera focuses on his suitcase, which looks exactly like the suitcase of the lead. Of course you know what's going to happen in a few moments. <_<
So What's Up, Doc? must be absolute torture...

tommy_leazaq
Donator

Post by tommy_leazaq » December 11th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Ivan0716 wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 10:56 pm
I'm sure it has been mentioned at least once in 300+ posts, but I'm on a Giallo binge and have to rant about it.

Did they have to have a "I know who the killer is but I will only tell you in person because lol" phone conversation in every single one of them.
Not to forget the guy who phoned is killed when the called-person (usually the lead character) reached there.

maxwelldeux
Donator

Post by maxwelldeux » January 2nd, 2019, 8:08 am

The other day reminded me...

People in movies who don't know how to open champagne. Or get injured by the cork. Just... open the fucking bottle like not a moron.

joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt » January 5th, 2019, 8:52 pm

"When something happens, we run!"
Moments later a giant monster is grabbing and eating one of them. The rest just stands in awe until the monster attacks them as well. What's wrong with you people?! Just RUN!!
ICM-profile