Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 5 released June 2nd)
Polls: 1950s (Results), 1935 (Results), 1966 awards (Jun 9th)
Challenges: TSPDT, 1960s, China/Hong Kong/Taiwan
Film of the Week: Údolí vcel, July nominations (Jun 26th)
World Cup S4: Round 2 schedule, Match 2A: Poland vs Mexico (Jun 4th), Match 2B: Tajikistan vs Italy (Jun 14th)

Walking out of the Cinema

AdamH
Site Admin

Walking out of the Cinema

Post by AdamH » April 8th, 2013, 11:13 am

Limedebois on Apr 8 2013, 05:10:45 AM wrote:
Forrester on Apr 8 2013, 04:56:55 AM wrote:Even funnier was that after he left, the group of youngsters left as well!
It was a group of mightysparks. A curious specie who watch all kind of films without take the time to get information about a movie, then walk out saying that it was annoying. This specie of watcher learns nothing because you could have seen the same group going just to the next door to watch a Kiarostami's film. They should invent at least the moonwalk out to make it funnier.
You're not going to London any time soon, right?
Talking Images, the iCM forum podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/3GhRXnb6OzOnfae2Uvkvus

mightysparks
Site Admin

Post by mightysparks » April 8th, 2013, 11:28 am

Again, Lim assumes to know what goes on in my head. I pay attention to every film and try to get as much out of each as possible. What I don't do is read someone else's interpretation and opinion of a film and take it as my own.
"I do not always know what I want, but I do know what I don't want." - Stanley Kubrick

iCM | IMDb | LastFM | TSZDT

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » April 8th, 2013, 11:30 am

Jesus, at Lim's age any kind of trip is likely to kill him. Keep safe and watch out for trains!

AdamH
Site Admin

Post by AdamH » April 8th, 2013, 11:30 am

mightysparks on Apr 8 2013, 05:28:53 AM wrote:Again, Lim assumes to know what goes on in my head. I pay attention to every film and try to get as much out of each as possible. What I don't do is read someone else's interpretation and opinion of a film and take it as my own.
At least no-one assumes to know what goes on in Lim's head. :P
Talking Images, the iCM forum podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/3GhRXnb6OzOnfae2Uvkvus

St. Gloede

Post by St. Gloede » April 8th, 2013, 11:35 am

AdamH on Apr 8 2013, 05:30:27 AM wrote:
mightysparks on Apr 8 2013, 05:28:53 AM wrote:Again, Lim assumes to know what goes on in my head. I pay attention to every film and try to get as much out of each as possible. What I don't do is read someone else's interpretation and opinion of a film and take it as my own.
At least no-one assumes to know what goes on in Lim's head. :P
That's because we know:
Spoiler: click to toggleShow
Scary SWEESWEE trains

insomnia

Post by insomnia » April 8th, 2013, 11:52 am

I don't get the -so boring I fell asleep- thing either and find it hard to take seriously. Obviously I've already ranted about using boring as a criticism so let's not get into that again. However on the whole sleeping thing; boredom to me is a feeling of intense frustration, which makes it impossible to sleep. I'm often tired and frequently start watching films very late at night, it makes me sleep better than staring at a ceiling and getting caught up in my own head. Just getting totally comfy and watching something good and engaging will put me to sleep. Actually being bored would put me right back into my head instead of engrossed in the film. I'll then watch on the next day from where I can still remember watching it and I won't be bored nor fall asleep when I feel more rested.
My dad falls asleep during films regardless the time of day, it's impossible to watch anything with him. Gave up on that a long time ago.

VincentPrice

Post by VincentPrice » April 8th, 2013, 1:12 pm

I stayed for all of MurderDotCom so ain't no stinkin,' movie gonna make me leave early.

Granted, I say this with having never seen a Friedberg/Seltzer movie in a theater, that shit may break me if I did.

leyenda

Post by leyenda » April 8th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Chris M Turton on Apr 8 2013, 02:03:07 AM wrote:I've never walked out or fell asleep at the cinema. I'm to focuesed on the film to go to sleep and I don't sleep when other people are around. It costs enough to see a movie now I wouldn't walk out even if the film is terrible.
Yeah I think we would have stayed for all of Nine but we had free tickets as compensation after a delay in another film starting from the last trip to the cinema.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » April 8th, 2013, 10:56 pm

I was forced to walk out of a few movies in the pre-home video days by scared/restless kids (or parents).

The only movie I ever wanted to walk out of (but didn't) was Pierrot le Fou when it first came out. Have seen it again since and enjoyed it thoroughly.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

albajos

Post by albajos » April 23rd, 2020, 11:34 am

walked out of Year of the Horse. But it was a movie that was shown after a seminar, for free, and we didn't know what it was beforehand.
I'm no fan of Neil Young either