Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
Polls: 2010s (Results), Animation (Jul 21st), 1974 awards (Jul 23rd), 1942 (Jul 27th)
Challenges: Low rating, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller, Benelux
Film of the Week: Spiegel van Holland, August nominations (Jul 26th)

Losing interest in films

Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal

Re: Losing interest in films

Post by Grunge Rock & Ally McBeal » April 15th, 2019, 11:11 am

I relate. My peak film watching is behind me. I spend more time searching for good films to watch than I do watching them these days. Partly because I'm more discerning than I used to be. Although that said sometimes I watch films with my kids that I wouldn't choose to watch on my own.

blueboybob
Donator

Post by blueboybob » April 15th, 2019, 1:23 pm

I rotate between movies and tv shows. When I get tired of one I focus on the other.

3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes » April 15th, 2019, 1:34 pm

It occurred to me a while back that I don't have to watch 11 movies a day, or even one. Until the advent of home video, one or 2 movies a month was the norm for me. after that, maybe 2 a week, then Netflix DVD maybe 4 a week, then ICM....

Lately I've been reading more.
:run: STILL the Gaffer!

PirateJenny

Post by PirateJenny » April 16th, 2019, 3:18 pm

My watching is at a peak at the moment as I'm out of work. I had a stage where all I wanted to watch was films with interesting scores and soundtracks. That's kind of gone now and I'm back to exploring different stuff but I'm on some serious medication so I think it's effecting how I'm processing what I watch.

hania

Post by hania » April 22nd, 2019, 1:41 am

When I started watching Vampire Diaries 3 years ago, it was the first time when I lost all interest in movies. Even I had to spend more time in watching a tv show and its long episodes but still i preferred them over movies. I'm facing problems in watching movies as I'm so invested in tv shows. But I definitely watched top actor movies.

Nathan Treadway
Donator

Post by Nathan Treadway » April 22nd, 2019, 1:55 am

hania wrote:
April 22nd, 2019, 1:41 am
When I started watching Vampire Diaries 3 years ago, it was the first time when I lost all interest in movies. Even I had to spend more time in watching a tv show and its long episodes but still i preferred them over movies. I'm facing problems in watching movies as I'm so invested in tv shows. But I definitely watched top actor movies.
Hi!

I'm probably the total opposite. I almost never watch TV shows, but, I'm constantly watching a movie. I don't think I've really lost interest since I've really started about 5 years ago. Yet. Anyhow, welcome aboard!