Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Apr 15th), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Foxtrot, May nominations (Apr 30th)

World Cup, Season 2, Match 3rd place: Egypt vs Spain

User avatar
Mochard
Posts: 2327
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: California
Contact:

#81

Post by Mochard »

8 hours till the deadline - I guess I could force myself to watch the rest of Kit-Kat!
wasabi
Posts: 306
Joined: December 28th, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#82

Post by wasabi »

1.Kit Kat
2.Torremolinos 73
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12792
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#83

Post by monty »

Any further thoughts on either film, wasabi?
wasabi
Posts: 306
Joined: December 28th, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#84

Post by wasabi »

not much: I liked the music of kit kat.
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12792
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#85

Post by monty »

yeah, I agree, the music pulled at my heartstrings, too. If only Kit Kat had featured lots more song and dance numbers, then it would have rivalled the glories of Turkish comedy for me.
wasabi
Posts: 306
Joined: December 28th, 2016, 7:00 am
Contact:

#86

Post by wasabi »

Actually I think the music is quite well, and I don't think adding more songs and dances would make it a better movie(just my opinion). I think I also liked the different story lines in kit kat; Torremolinos 73 is a good comedy, but I guess I just enjoyed comedies that brought me both happiness and sadness more than others...
User avatar
Fergenaprido
Donator
Posts: 5364
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

#87

Post by Fergenaprido »

monty on Mar 19 2017, 02:03:14 PM wrote:
Fergenaprido on Mar 19 2017, 11:47:40 AM wrote:What do they say in Danish when they first meet the crew in Torremolinos?
See my earlier post.
(Btw, the film crew is a mix of Danes and Swedes.)
Ah, I missed that. Thanks.
šŸ§šā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¦«
mjf314
Moderator
Posts: 11799
Joined: May 8th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#88

Post by mjf314 »

1. Torremolinos 73
2. Kit Kat
User avatar
Mochard
Posts: 2327
Joined: May 13th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: California
Contact:

#89

Post by Mochard »

Comedies are hit and miss with me. I actually think I may have rated Kit Kat on the high side but I'll leave it.

1. Torremolinos 73 - 6/10
2. Kit Kat - 5/10
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3722
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#90

Post by Mario Gaborović »

ImageKit Kat - ImageTorremolinos 73: 5 - 19

4 hours left.
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33719
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#91

Post by joachimt »

Mario Gaborović on Mar 20 2017, 01:07:46 AM wrote:ImageKit Kat - ImageTorremolinos 73: 5 - 19

4 hours left.
Match over now. This is the final score.

Spain wins.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33719
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#92

Post by joachimt »

Complete list of participants
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
Lonewolf2003
Donator
Posts: 11137
Joined: December 29th, 2012, 7:00 am
Contact:

#93

Post by Lonewolf2003 »

Congrats monty
User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13840
Joined: December 29th, 2011, 7:00 am
Contact:

#94

Post by brokenface »

joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 06:45:43 AM wrote:
Complete list of participants
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
User avatar
Mario Gaborović
Posts: 3722
Joined: April 11th, 2014, 6:00 am
Location: Pančevo
Contact:

#95

Post by Mario Gaborović »

Image

Do you know how to throw in bronze match here, joachim?
User avatar
zuma
Donator
Posts: 2217
Joined: June 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

#96

Post by zuma »

brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 06:45:43 AM wrote:
Complete list of participants
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
Last edited by zuma on March 20th, 2017, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33719
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#97

Post by joachimt »

Mario Gaborović on Mar 20 2017, 09:45:47 AM wrote:Do you know how to throw in bronze match here, joachim?
Image
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33719
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#98

Post by joachimt »

Average votecount was 34 this season.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
joachimt
Donator
Posts: 33719
Joined: February 16th, 2012, 7:00 am
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

#99

Post by joachimt »

zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote:
brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 06:45:43 AM wrote:
Complete list of participants
Angel Glez (32)
Armoreska (32)
beavis (32)
Carmel98 (32)
clemmetarey (32)
Cocoa (32)
HVM (32)
joachimt (32)
jvv (32)
klaus78 (32)
Lonewolf2003 (32)
Mario Gaborović (32)
metaller (32)
mjf314 (32)
Smoover (32)
sortile9io (32)
tommy_leazaq (32)
weirdboy (32)
zhangalan (32)
brokenface (31)
toro913 (31)
zuma (31)
Ettinauer226XL (30)
monty (30)
Lilarcor (29)
Mochard (29)
Fergenaprido (27)
Gershwin (26)
PeacefulAnarchy (26)
tarr (22)
mightysparks (15)
sacmersault (15)
kingink (14)
bjornam (13)
RBG (13)
blocho (10)
cayado-coro (10)
Melvelet (9)
perceval (9)
treadwaynathan (9)
BijitaQ (8)
Daviddoes (7)
connordenney (5)
funkybusiness (5)
lillyjabry (5)
allisoncm (4)
frbrown (4)
musikurt (4)
Straka (4)
3rd (3)
sebby (2)
wasabi (2)
Carmel1379 (1)
Cynical Cinephile (1)
Dolwphin (1)
FazilFaleel (1)
Hunziker (1)
insomnius (1)
jdidaco (1)
jonas2k (1)
Nathan_Treadway (1)
pitn (1)
RogerTheMovieManiac88 (1)
SkilledLunatic (1)
Tasselfoot (1)
Looks like brokenface, toro913 and zuma lost their perfect participation on the last match.
I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
User avatar
zuma
Donator
Posts: 2217
Joined: June 14th, 2011, 6:00 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contact:

#100

Post by zuma »

joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 10:01:26 AM wrote:
zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote:
brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
1) Third place match in general
2) Third place match after the end of the tournament
3) Contrived theme
User avatar
brokenface
Donator
Posts: 13840
Joined: December 29th, 2011, 7:00 am
Contact:

#101

Post by brokenface »

joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 10:01:26 AM wrote:
zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote:
brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 07:00:58 AM wrote:I had complete attendance in the actual competition. I consider this 3rd place match an illegitimate bonus round :P
Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
Just not really interested in 3rd place matches in general and the films didn't appeal enough to overcome that.
User avatar
monty
Posts: 12792
Joined: May 9th, 2011, 6:00 am
Contact:

#102

Post by monty »

brokenface on Mar 20 2017, 05:21:40 PM wrote:
joachimt on Mar 20 2017, 10:01:26 AM wrote:
zuma on Mar 20 2017, 09:50:08 AM wrote: Yeah I am quite happy to lose the streak given the alternative. :P
So why didn't you participate this match, zuma, brokenface and Carmel? Was it because the match was after the final or were you just not interested in the movies?
Just not really interested in 3rd place matches in general and the films didn't appeal enough to overcome that.
Would it have helped if the match had come before the final and if the Spanish entry hadn't been labelled a "sex comedy"?
Post Reply