Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Apr 15th), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Monday, May nominations (Apr 30th)

iCM Forum's Favourite Under 50 iCM Checks Movies : Nomination (closed : Processing results)

500<400, Favourite 1001 movies, Doubling the Canon, Film World Cup and many other votes
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

rnilsson19 wrote: January 8th, 2021, 2:21 pm
Tim2460 wrote: January 8th, 2021, 1:00 pm
Hello rnilsson19 :

List is under greenui ICM Profile : is that normal (as different/multi user between ICM & ICM Forum ?) or a mistake ?
That's me. I changed my handle on all platforms except this one cuz you can't do it manually. Been meaning to ask for it to be changed but just haven't got round to it.
@Tim it's not uncommon. There are a few users with different names on icm vs. here on the forum, and a lot more that have different user names for their imdb account.

@rnilsson you can ask one of the forum mods to manually change your name here if you'd like.
Caracortada

Post by Caracortada »

joachimt wrote: January 7th, 2021, 10:42 am
Caracortada wrote: January 6th, 2021, 10:25 pm Great idea. I'm surprised at some films being included, because I thought they were widely beloved classics. My top 6 contains four French films. I included some unrelated episodes from anthologies.

Fewer Than Fifty Checks (ICM list)
Episodes from Alfred Hitchcock Presents are not allowed, because the series has more than 50 checks.

Episodes from Alfred Hitchcock Hour are eligible btw.
Thanks, I've made an update!
zzzorf

Post by zzzorf »

OK well here is my list for now https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/my+t ... ks/zzzorf/
It is ranked to 211 as taken from my 500<400 list, the rest is unranked. Please if you can send me a reminder just before cutoff as I believe the ranked section could change due to movies reaching the check threshhold.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

I'll try to make a list, but I have about 2,900 films to sort through. Maybe I'll just skip shorts to make things easier.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Ebbywebby wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:54 am I'll try to make a list, but I have about 2,900 films to sort through. Maybe I'll just skip shorts to make things easier.
No, don't skip shorts. You don't mean you have 2900 eligible title you also rated high? I started with thousands of eligible titles as well, just by filtering my iCM-checks. Then I placed my IMDb-ratings next to it to filter on rating. Then I still had almost 2000 titles left. But because I had IMDb-info, I could then filter out episodes etc... Then I was left with less than 500. Then I let Excel find the ranking of the movies in my 500<400 list. I went through the rest manually to remove other stuff that shouldn't be there, mostly concert films.

You can't do 2900 manually. I hope you have them all rated on IMDb as well.
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

joachimt wrote: January 10th, 2021, 7:04 am
Ebbywebby wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:54 am I'll try to make a list, but I have about 2,900 films to sort through. Maybe I'll just skip shorts to make things easier.
No, don't skip shorts. You don't mean you have 2900 eligible title you also rated high? I started with thousands of eligible titles as well, just by filtering my iCM-checks. Then I placed my IMDb-ratings next to it to filter on rating. Then I still had almost 2000 titles left. But because I had IMDb-info, I could then filter out episodes etc... Then I was left with less than 500. Then I let Excel find the ranking of the movies in my 500<400 list. I went through the rest manually to remove other stuff that shouldn't be there, mostly concert films.

I don't have any films rated on IMDb. That's why I have much more trouble with polls than many others do.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Ebbywebby wrote: January 10th, 2021, 11:38 am

I don't have any films rated on IMDb. That's why I have much more trouble with polls than many others do.
I wouldn't even know how to participate in this poll without ratings on IMDb. You can't even filter your iCM-checks on stuff like episodes and runtime in an exportfile.
ICM-profile
OldAle1
Donator

Post by OldAle1 »

joachimt wrote: January 10th, 2021, 3:11 pm
Ebbywebby wrote: January 10th, 2021, 11:38 am

I wouldn't even know how to participate in this poll without ratings on IMDb. You can't even filter your iCM-checks on stuff like episodes and runtime in an exportfile.
A good memory helps. I have slightly over 2k films with under 50 checks, and I went through them manually - I have a large 500<400 list which I did update this past year, and that would have been easier I suppose, but I just felt like doing it this way, was in the mood for this particular kind of low-brain-activity "work" I guess. I have everything (well, almost everything) rated 9 or 10 checked as a favorite, so those were easy, but I wanted to look at the 8s as well, and a good chunk of the time I could remember my ratings fairly accurately. Those I couldn't tended to be lower-tier film noir, westerns, Shaw Brothers, or cartoons, which can kind of run together title-wise. But it was fun looking at the listings and remembering them and thinking about them again; doing this kind of exercise once or twice a year is valuable to me even if it is fairly time-consuming, really gets me to re-think and re-order some things in my mind and most importantly helps me to prioritize a few re-watches.

Still haven't decided what to do with shorts; the ones I rated 10 (6 total) will definitely go on the list, beyond that, dunno. I'm trying not to think too strategically here but at the same time I'm not sure there's much point in me promoting a Fleischer cartoon with 6 checks that is unlikely to be picked by anybody else - and which doesn't really need any kind of promotion. People are into that stuff or they're not, and if they're not they are unlikely to care more just because it's on an unofficial forum list; if I want films that people might actually think "hey that looks cool" I think this is not the kind of obscurity that will make a difference.
jeff_v

Post by jeff_v »

How is everyone filtering their checks on ICM?
Tim2460

Post by Tim2460 »

Ebbywebby wrote: January 10th, 2021, 11:38 am I don't have any films rated on IMDb. That's why I have much more trouble with polls than many others do.
Same boat here...
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

jeff_v wrote: January 10th, 2021, 6:28 pm How is everyone filtering their checks on ICM?
I plan to export my checks a day or two before the deadline, and then filter out everything 50 or more, and compare the rest with my spreadsheet with each film's rating.
hurluberlu
Donator

Post by hurluberlu »

jeff_v wrote: January 10th, 2021, 6:28 pm How is everyone filtering their checks on ICM?
I keep track of my favourites so I can go to Movies/Favorited and then sort them by checks. It stops there as I dont have a subscription to download favorited as a list and recreate one for the poll. Aternatively if they were an IMDb list of everything under 50 checks, this would help but that is maybe too many films for a list.
#JeSuisCharlie Liberté, Liberté chérie !

ImageImageImageImage
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

I wrote it above.

If you need help on exports, let me know.
ICM-profile
lineuphere

Post by lineuphere »

I believe you use Criticker, jeff_v. I find that to be helpful on this sort of list.
Here's how I did it. I believe this is less complicated than it looks:

1. On Criticker, select the "All Your Ratings" tab.
2. On the "Popularity" slider, move that to about the halfway mark toward "unknown", click "ok" and that will cut the popular titles out. Futz around with the slider and quick reference ICM with a few titles. Err on the side of having some films that have +50 checks. You'll pull those out later.
3. Export this list to a .csv and save it somewhere.
4. In a new Google Sheet (or Excel) doc import the .csv. The sort is automatically set with your highest ranked movie first.
5. Go to Find/Replace. Replace "tt" with "http://www.imdb.com/title/tt". Click "replace all." This will turn the IMDB ID codes in that column to hyperlinks.
6. Go to ICM and start a new list. Name it something.
7. On the "Edit movies of top list" page, select the "By IMDb movie URL(s)" tab.
8. Select the IMDB url column contents from top to bottom (of the numbered rankings you'd like to include; I used 100-80, e.g.) on your Criticker spreadsheet, copy them all, then paste them into the "IMDb movie URLs" box on the ICM list page. Click Save.
9. Now, click on the title of your list at the top of the ICM page. This will open the public page that eventually all of the world will see.
10. View this page by resorting by the number of "checks". Find where the <50 cut off is and jot down everything above that. Go back to edit this list and delete those titles.

The main reason I use Criticker as my initial export place on most of my ICM lists is because they allow a 1-100 rating system (rather than IMDB's 1-10), so my nit-picky rankings are already set and I won't have to re-rank/drag around too much once I import to ICM. I've also made certain that every film I've ever seen is on Criticker by adding them to the database myself, if I have to.

Anyway, several ways to go about this, but I thought I'd share a route I'm used to. Hope this helps.
jeff_v

Post by jeff_v »

Thanks... yeah, I normally use Criticker for these lists. I didn't want to leave anything out, so instead of using Criticker's Popularity, I just sorted my checks by # of checks and went through them, adding my Criticker score. Took a couple hours, but at least I know I didn't miss anything this way.
weirdboy
Donator

Post by weirdboy »

I exported mine to CSV, and then opened them in excel and used the filter options there.
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

zuma wrote: January 12th, 2021, 5:50 pm My ranked list:

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/zuma ... ecks/zuma/
403 error - access denied
zuma
Donator

Post by zuma »

72aicm wrote: January 12th, 2021, 6:26 pm

Shit. I managed to create a couple lists in a row without forgetting to turn on public access. Old habits I guess.

Should be good now
72aicm
Donator

Post by 72aicm »

zuma wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:02 pm
72aicm wrote: January 12th, 2021, 6:26 pm

Shit. I managed to create a couple lists in a row without forgetting to turn on public access. Old habits I guess.

Should be good now
:thumbsup:

It’s interesting going though others list for this poll, more so than for the 500<400. The lists are shorter and I keep finding movies that I thought A; I was the only one on the forum to have seen or B; only one on the forum that liked it. Like La Libertad del Diablo (2017) on zuma’s list. Gives me hope for future 500<400 polls. :)
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Onderhond wrote: January 6th, 2021, 6:48 pm
OldAle1 wrote: January 6th, 2021, 6:39 pm you really have something against those of us who actually like most of the films we see don't you? :lol:
That is 100% the wrong conclusion.

I dislike the "oh, my list looks so puny, I'll add some 7s and 6s because they're not that bad either" situations.
Ondy does have a point here. I found myself nominating too many films for our latest <400 poll; like "bad 7s" and "actually a 6, but somehow interesting and just saw it on another user's list, so it might be worth something after all .. ah heck; i'll include it".
Then the film actually made it into the final official list and I was like "Um, if I hadn't voted for this, my other, better choice would have closely made the list!" :down:

Let's see what I can come up with. Gonna be a disaster. :ph43r:
Trying not to spoil the results for me now - want to be wholly surprised. Like, which films ARE able to gather 6 voters. :huh: We have a handful of German users, so ...
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Ebbywebby wrote: January 10th, 2021, 11:38 am I don't have any films rated on IMDb. That's why I have much more trouble with polls than many others do.
Never too late to start. :shifty: You could restrict yourself to the titles you expect to need for lists one day, e.g. only good & very good or somehow noteworthy films. And overall ratings for the least known films will reflect your vote even more. You should try it!

Speaking of trying -
IMDb: 22 <50
.. and even that might be stretching it. I have no idea where you guys are hoarding all those. :mw_confused: A dozen German films, a few Asian ones, a few shorts. Also, TimeScapes (2012) sits at exactly 50 checks - very funny. <_<

[edit]Ok, took a sample of your lists and many have only 40 to 60 titles, some also just 15-25 (others 100 or 300 ..). /relieved
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

ICM-profile
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Hint:
Don't hide your link in a longer post, especially if the post has other links as well. The host might miss it while collecting the links. Happened with the TV-series poll as well.
ICM-profile
Zenigame

Post by Zenigame »

A little ranked list with 20 movies only

without surprises, 16 are french (+ a lettonian movie lol)

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/-50+views/zenigame/
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084191448/

The top 28 are ranked. If I have time I'll rank the rest, but take it as is if I miss the deadline.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

joachimt wrote: January 13th, 2021, 5:50 am Hint:
Don't hide your link in a longer post, especially if the post has other links as well. The host might miss it while collecting the links. Happened with the TV-series poll as well.
Thanks, you're right. Thought so myself the last polls and kinda forgot. :pinch:
kongs_speech

Post by kongs_speech »

peeptoad wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084191448/

The top 28 are ranked. If I have time I'll rank the rest, but take it as is if I miss the deadline.
Ooh, Vera Chytilova. I haven't seen anything else by her, but Daisies is #4 on my all-time list.
🏳️‍⚧️
Quartoxuma wrote: A deeply human, life-affirming disgusting check whore.
ChrisReynolds
Donator

Post by ChrisReynolds »

Here's my ranked list. I'm not confident about this so I kept it short. It'll be interesting to see what films turn up on the final list.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/lists/chri ... sreynolds/
peeptoad

Post by peeptoad »

kongs_speech wrote: January 14th, 2021, 12:57 pm
peeptoad wrote: January 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084191448/

Ooh, Vera Chytilova. I haven't seen anything else by her, but Daisies is #4 on my all-time list.
I love Daisies... love all the indulgences and their reason for them and that coupled with a visual style that suits me very much.
Vlci Bouda is excellent imho, but my taste is a bit skewed maybe, compared to others'. Those and the other two on this list are my fav of hers so far. She sure seemed like a fiery spark of awesomeness in many ways during her life.
3eyes
Donator

Post by 3eyes »

:run: STILL the Gaffer!
cinewest

Post by cinewest »

I like this idea for a list, which is easier to make than the 500<400. Probably the biggest issue is going to be crossover. How many films will have more than one vote? :rolleyes:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084317898/

Somewhat surprised that so many on my list are streamable via conventional channels but still have fewer than 50 checks
Last edited by cinewest on January 16th, 2021, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

cinewest wrote: January 15th, 2021, 7:53 pm How many films will have more than one vote? :rolleyes:
We've noticed quite a few already.

I don't have anything in common with you, though.
ICM-profile
cinewest

Post by cinewest »

joachimt wrote: January 15th, 2021, 8:17 pm
cinewest wrote: January 15th, 2021, 7:53 pm How many films will have more than one vote? :rolleyes:
We've noticed quite a few already.

I don't have anything in common with you, though.
Well, there is no doubt some crossover in films seen, but what about the lists?... unless people are listing everything.
gromit82
Donator

Post by gromit82 »

cinewest wrote: January 15th, 2021, 7:53 pm I like this idea for a list, which is easier to make than the 500<400. Probably the biggest issue is going to be crossover. How many films will have more than one vote? :rolleyes:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls084317898/
Well, some will. I even have one film in common with you.