Welcome to the ICM Forum. If you have an account but have trouble logging in, or have other questions, see THIS THREAD.
NOTE: Board emails should be working again. Information on forum upgrade and style issues.
Podcast: Talking Images (Episode 22 released November 17th * EXCLUSIVE * We Are Mentioned in a Book!!! Interview with Mary Guillermin on Rapture, JG & More)
Polls: Favourite Movies (Results), 1998 (Apr 15th), DtC - Ratings (Apr 26th), Coming of Age (Apr 30th)
Challenges: Doubling the Canon, Animation, Middle East
Film of the Week: Foxtrot, May nominations (Apr 30th)

iCM Bugs

Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

Torgo wrote: February 11th, 2021, 4:32 am Shame - I wanted to share my thoughts on A Walk to Remember with the world! :/
I'm delighted to see that you're finally working on my list of favorite unofficial movies. I watched this movie almost five years ago, but remember it well enough to leave a comment. :shifty:
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

:lol:
Harco
Donator

Post by Harco »

My home page hasn’t been — or barely been — loading for a week or two now. And my ranking hasn’t been updated in the meantime either.
:ICM: | :letbxd:
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

My ranking has, correctly, improved twice during the last week. Although I remember times were nothing was updated.
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

It's currently impossible to a check a film. Current version, Beta, from director lists or on the actual film page, it's all dead. Can somebody ping me when it is fixed?
Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Ah, the west coast NA 8 o'clock curse! Although I managed to get a check in during the first five minutes and even a dislike to boot!

I know I didn't have trouble at this time a couple nights ago, so I'm thinking some sort of process is set to run at this time, but not every day. 8 days and not response on the official forum either.
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

Yeah, I just saw your post on the other forum. At least it's not just me. :unsure:

Former IMDb message boards user // iCM | IMDb | Letterboxd | My top 750 films // Long live the new flesh!
Image Image Image
sol
Donator

Post by sol »

OK, it's working again now. Says that my last check was 26 minutes ago, which means that one of the twelve or thirteen times I clicked the button it must have gone through. :ermm:
Image Image Image
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Ebbywebby wrote: February 12th, 2021, 12:38 am I only noticed it in recent hours.

Weird stat: I just looked at my checking history, and ICM is wrongly saying EXACTLY 1,200 of my checks are on zero lists. I don't know what the proper tally should be.
Glitch still not fixed. Unofficial lists not being tallied for many, many films.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

sol wrote: February 20th, 2021, 4:51 am OK, it's working again now. Says that my last check was 26 minutes ago, which means that one of the twelve or thirteen times I clicked the button it must have gone through. :ermm:
yeah - that's what happened the last time for me as well

still no response on the official forum :folded:
joachimt
Donator

Post by joachimt »

Nothing seems to be going through at the moment for me. Checking is running forever. Tried to update a list, but it keeps thinking...
ICM-profile
Fergenaprido: "I find your OCD to be adorable, J"
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

So I've had the Hour of Molasses two nights in a row - still at the same time. Last night I just let the little reel spin round and round and did something else. When I came back, the check had taken. I've probably been waiting for close to two minutes now, but no luck yet. My guess is it will eventually process. No luck, finally timed out or something to that effect. More than kind of annoying.

edit: I got busy with something else. Seems the check took 22 minutes ago but the check didn't return on the page - had to go to checked movies to find out.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Progress page hasn't been updated in ages either (again).
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Ebbywebby wrote: February 21st, 2021, 9:19 pm
Ebbywebby wrote: February 12th, 2021, 12:38 am I only noticed it in recent hours.

Weird stat: I just looked at my checking history, and ICM is wrongly saying EXACTLY 1,200 of my checks are on zero lists. I don't know what the proper tally should be.
Glitch still not fixed. Unofficial lists not being tallied for many, many films.
Well, now the problem is REALLY bad. Now about 82% of ICM items are listed as being on zero lists (zero official, zero unofficial).

And above I said 1,200 of my checks were said to be on zero lists...now over 1,700 are.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Where/how are you seeing this Ebby? I just checked my own checks, and they look correct in terms of official/unofficial, both in current and beta.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Fergenaprido wrote: February 27th, 2021, 7:36 am Where/how are you seeing this Ebby? I just checked my own checks, and they look correct in terms of official/unofficial, both in current and beta.
How can you not see it?? OK, I just went to your check history in beta and sorted them by "# of lists." So, then I scan through your first 50 checks, which run from "The 10 Year Plan" through "Around the World in 90 Seconds." All of these films say "0 lists," meaning zero official AND zero unofficial lists. They are sorted as films on 0 lists.

The first one is "The 10 Year Plan."

https://beta.icheckmovies.com/movies/17 ... +year+plan

In the left column, it says "In lists 0." In the right column, it says "In 0 lists." Then below "In 0 lists" are displayed the three lists it's on. Because it's on at least three lists, not zero.

Your next 49 checks..the problem is not consistent, because sometimes the right-hand tally is correct and disagrees with the left-hand tally. But every one of these films is sorted as if they're on zero official lists and zero unofficial lists.

100 metros estilo libre 2013 — a.k.a. 100m Freestyle: this count is correct
Les 3 boutons 2015: Number of displayed lists: 8.
3 Yol 2013 — a.k.a. Crossroad. Number of displayed lists: 1.
36 2012: Number of displayed lists: 25 (the right-hand tally says 45).
37 sekanzu 2019 — a.k.a. 37 Seconds. Number of displayed lists: 12.
3/4 2017. Number of displayed lists: 15.
6Equj5 2015: this count is correct
850 meters 2013: this count is correct

9 mois ferme 2013 — a.k.a. 9-Month Stretch. Number of displayed lists: 25 (the right-hand tally says 45).
Abstract Experiment in Kodachrome 1940. Number of displayed lists: 3.
Absurd Accident 2016. Number of displayed lists: 3.
Ace of Light 1984. Number of displayed lists: 2.
Aceito 2014: this count is correct
Acquainted 2018: this count is correct
Adam and Dog 2012. Number of displayed lists: 17 (the right-hand tally says 36).
Admission 2013. Number of displayed lists: 17 (the right-hand tally says 36).
The ADS Epidemic 1987. Number of displayed lists: 1.
Africa paradis 2006. Number of displayed lists: 5 (the right-hand tally says 9).
Ajian ratu laut kidul 1991: this count is correct
Akasa Kusum 2008 — a.k.a. Flowers of the Sky. Number of displayed lists: 3
Akounak tedalat taha tazoughai 2015 — a.k.a. Rain the Color of Blue with a Little Red in It. Number of displayed lists: 3.
Al buio 2005. Number of displayed lists: 1 (the right-hand tally says 2).
Al Mowaten Bors 2014. Number of displayed lists: 3.
Alex Strangelove 2018. Number of displayed lists: 16.
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good,... 2014. Number of displayed lists: 22 (the right-hand tally says 38).
Alice T. 2018. Number of displayed lists: 8.
ALIPATO: The Very Brief Life of an Ember 2016. Number of displayed lists: 6.
Alone 2013: this count is correct
Aloys 2016. Number of displayed lists: 6.
Always Be My Maybe 2019. Number of displayed lists: 21.
American Day 2014: this count is correct
American Express: My Life. My Card. 2006. Number of displayed lists: 4.
La anam 1957 — a.k.a. Sleepless. Number of displayed lists: 6 (the right-hand tally says 9).
Anbessa 2019. Number of displayed lists: 1.
Anchovies 2014. Number of displayed lists: 3.
And Then There Were None 2015. Number of displayed lists: 5.
Angry Inuk 2016. Number of displayed lists: 7.
Angry Unpaid Hooker 2006. Number of displayed lists: 1.
Animal Behaviour 2018. Number of displayed lists: 11.
Aningaaq 2013. Number of displayed lists: 4.
Anonymous 2004: this count is correct
Antagonia 2003. Number of displayed lists: 1.
Antareen 1994 — a.k.a. The Confined. Number of displayed lists: 3.
Apiyemiyekî? 2020. Number of displayed lists: 1.
Apprentice 2016. Number of displayed lists: 11.
Aqerat 2017 — a.k.a. We, the Dead: this count is correct
Archipel 2021: this count is correct
Archipelago 2017: this count is correct
Around the World in 90 Seconds 2006: this count is correct

So, out of 50 films on "zero" lists, only 13 are ACTUALLY on zero lists. To me, this is a pretty significant problem.

I just wasted my "watch a late movie" timeslot working on the above post.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Maybe this is a beta problem? I'd check but those beta links still don't load for me :shrug:
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Onderhond wrote: February 27th, 2021, 10:38 am Maybe this is a beta problem? I'd check but those beta links still don't load for me :shrug:
https://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/the ... /rankings/

Zero lists, but it's three lists.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Ah yes, clearly something wrong there. But it seems that all the timed processes (which I'm assuming this is, getting this data live is probably too heavy on the server) are running into problems. And this might be a low-prio process (have to admit I visit come on those pages, I assume most people are only going to care about the official lists).
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Yes, pretty much every movie page I open (and I'm using v2 98% of the time), it says "0" which I've just learned to ignore and open the lists tab for the "truth".

Ebby: have you noticed if movies on official lists also generate this error or is the computer counting that correctly? I haven't noticed issues with the info on the v2 official list column, but can remember if I've seen something on, say, 6 official lists but the tabs either says 6, 0, or something else.

And adding to Onderhund's thought above: it sounds like a process that might not complete for some reason and like you say, timed process could have something to do with it. Or priority. Also I've no idea our server setup and it's not like I could be of much help there anyway.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

xianjiro wrote: February 27th, 2021, 7:19 pm Ebby: have you noticed if movies on official lists also generate this error or is the computer counting that correctly? I haven't noticed issues with the info on the v2 official list column, but can remember if I've seen something on, say, 6 official lists but the tabs either says 6, 0, or something else.
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems like the list-counting problem only happens with "unofficial" films. A similar problem has turned up several times in the past, but not lately.

It's especially irritating for me, because one of my long-time "quests" is trying to see every unofficial short that's on 14+ lists (it used to be 13+). And this process is thoroughly screwed up when the count isn't working. Like, right now, I have a list of 60 unseen shorts that appear on 14+ lists. But now 15 of those 60 are on "zero" lists.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Ebby, I've reported it to Marijn again on the other forum, and tried to elaborate on the issue so that he could pinpoint how to fix it.

Thank you for taking the time to explain the issue more clearly. I was looking by # of official lists, not # of lists, and didn't see anything wrong there, which is why I asked for clarification.

One thing, though, that I don't think is a bug, is the list of films where the tally is non-0 but different from the number of lists displayed. I believe that's because the film in question is also on lists that are private, so they are included in the tally but not shown anywhere.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Right, I agree with you about the "private" variable.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Oh man, now there's a returned bug that hasn't been around in quite awhile. Now my total checks in beta and total checks in standard do not match. Beta is three more. Anyone else?
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Ebbywebby wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:58 am Oh man, now there's a returned bug that hasn't been around in quite awhile. Now my total checks in beta and total checks in standard do not match. Beta is three more. Anyone else?
Wait, now it's correct again. Never mind.
xianjiro
Donator

Post by xianjiro »

Ebbywebby wrote: March 1st, 2021, 2:58 am Oh man, now there's a returned bug that hasn't been around in quite awhile. Now my total checks in beta and total checks in standard do not match. Beta is three more. Anyone else?
Mine match if I am looking in the correct places. I might be missing some place this info is shown, but I'm looking in the upper right on v2 and upper left in v3.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

Now the rankings seem wrong? In the #51-#60 range, there are two ties but the numbering is wrong such that user #75 is now user #73. And so on. Maybe similar issues happen elsewhere in the rankings.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Ebbywebby wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 5:05 am Now the rankings seem wrong? In the #51-#60 range, there are two ties but the numbering is wrong such that user #75 is now user #73. And so on. Maybe similar issues happen elsewhere in the rankings.
Something to that effect. I think two users went dark, because everyone around me went up by two ranks, but the display does seem off. I've been waiting for the ranks to refresh so I can do my monthly spreadsheet update. Interestingly, no one's # of official checks seems to have changed, just the rankings (but I might not have been paying close enough attention to the other users). Might have to wait until the next refresh for the ranks to sort themselves out.
Ebbywebby

Post by Ebbywebby »

I don't think it's about people going dark, because the #51 to #60 users are ranked like this:
51 (tied)
52 (NOT 53)
53 (NOT 54)
54 (NOT 55)
55 (NOT 56)
56 (NOT 57)
57 (NOT 58)
58 (NOT 59)
59 (NOT 60)
59 (NOT 60) (another tie)
60 (NOT 62)

Two slots lost.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Oh. Then I don't know what it is. Let's see if it persists or if it rectifies itself.

Edit: the ties are numbered correctly around me, so it seems like it might just be those two you mentioned.
Harco
Donator

Post by Harco »

Ebbywebby wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 7:02 am I don't think it's about people going dark, because the #51 to #60 users are ranked like this:
51 (tied)
52 (NOT 53)
53 (NOT 54)
54 (NOT 55)
55 (NOT 56)
56 (NOT 57)
57 (NOT 58)
58 (NOT 59)
59 (NOT 60)
59 (NOT 60) (another tie)
60 (NOT 62)

Two slots lost.
Seems like some of these had their official check count updated, but not their ranking. Happens sometimes.
:ICM: | :letbxd:
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Fergenaprido wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 6:29 am I've been waiting for the ranks to refresh so I can do my monthly spreadsheet update.
Would be nice to know what's happening with this. Is it slowed down on purpose (i.e. once a week) or does it keep failing and does it needs to be corrected/restarted?
Lammetje
Donator

Post by Lammetje »

My awards page is a complete mess. :(
iCM | IMDb | Last.fm | Listal

OldAle1 wrote:I think four Aamir Khan films is enough for me. Unless I'm down to one film left on the IMDb Top 250 at some point and he's in that last film, at which point I'll watch it and then shoot myself having become the official-check-whoring person I hate.
More memorable quotes
PeacefulAnarchy wrote:Active topics is the devil. Please use the forums and subforums as intended and peruse all the topics nicely sorted by topic, not just the currently popular ones displayed in a jumbled mess.
maxwelldeux wrote:If you asked me to kill my wife and pets OR watch Minions, I'd check the runtime and inquire about sobriety requirements before providing an answer.
Torgo wrote:Lammetje is some kind of hybrid Anna-Kendrick-lamb-entity to me and I find that very cool.
monty wrote:If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. iCM ain't for sissies.
mightysparks wrote:ARGH. RARGH. RARGH. DIE.
Kowry wrote:Thanks, Art Garfunky.
Rich wrote:*runs*
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Lammetje wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 1:42 am My awards page is a complete mess. :(
Reminds me that I finally have to clean up my room ..
Spoiler
Yeah this is somehow getting even worse over the years. Hm.
At least the Pixar thumbnail has been fixed.
Fergenaprido
Donator

Post by Fergenaprido »

Torgo wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 1:56 am
Lammetje wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 1:42 am My awards page is a complete mess. :(
Reminds me that I finally have to clean up my room ..
Spoiler
Yeah this is somehow getting even worse over the years. Hm.
At least the Pixar thumbnail has been fixed.
You're right, it has gotten worse in the last six months or so since I last checked my shelf. I've flagged it to Marijn.
Torgo

Post by Torgo »

Torgo wrote: February 11th, 2021, 4:32 am Right now, I can smoothly browse ICM, but my comments don't get through. On sending, the page just loads for almost 5 minutes before I get an error screen.
Shame - I wanted to share my thoughts on A Walk to Remember with the world! :/

[edit]Ah, works normal now. Maybe the server needs its 20 minutes of relaxing time a day ..
There, again! It's not a long phase and I don't bother too much. Just a bit odd how the rest of ICM's functionality looks perfect, apart from the comment feature (which is actively used by maybe 5 different people - and me :'( ).
Armoreska

Post by Armoreska »

Just had list saving bugout after making changes. Glad it at least gave me lots of time to output the links into link grabber.
he or A. or Armo or any

currently working towards a vegan/free world + thru such film lists: GODARD, r/antinatalism recommends,..
the rest
ANARCHISTS, ANIMAL RIGHTS, Assisted suicide, Existential films, SOCIALIST CINEMA (an amalgamation of lists), Feminist lists, various GSSRM lists (aka LGBTQ+), 2010s bests, Visual Effects nominees, kid-related stuff, great animes (mini-serie or feature), very 80s movies, mah huge sci-fi list, ENVIRO, remarkable Silent Films and Pre-Code (exploring 1925 atm) and every shorts and docu list I'm aware of and
/forum.icmforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1434
and "Gordon" Liu Chia-Hui/Liu Chia-Liang and Yuen Woo-ping and "Sammo" Hung Kam-bo
imaginary awards | youtube channels | complaint lounge | explain how big a fan of slavery you are here, ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1535 and here: ..viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4484
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

I checked "Antonia's Line" 4 days and 12 hours ago, for a 6th check on the Dutch Film Festival list, yet it still lists me at 5 checks in the rankings (#2353).

13 hours ago I checked "Sicilia!" on the TSPDT list yet that list has been updated to reflect my 933rd check and ranks me accordingly (#149).

This just seems very odd to me. Either the lists aren't being updated at the same time or something else is going on. Bug in the Dutch list update? I'm puzzled.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.
Onderhond

Post by Onderhond »

Knaldskalle wrote: March 4th, 2021, 6:45 pm I checked "Antonia's Line" 4 days and 12 hours ago, for a 6th check on the Dutch Film Festival list, yet it still lists me at 5 checks in the rankings (#2353).

13 hours ago I checked "Sicilia!" on the TSPDT list yet that list has been updated to reflect my 933rd check and ranks me accordingly (#149).

This just seems very odd to me. Either the lists aren't being updated at the same time or something else is going on. Bug in the Dutch list update? I'm puzzled.
I noticed some of the rankings were updated again (between yesterday and today), but clearly not all.
Knaldskalle

Post by Knaldskalle »

I just realized that it could be that iCM is currently using a "staggered" approach to updates, say 15 lists updated per day, and I just happened to check right after an update (Dutch) and right before an update (TSPDT). Just a guess, but that could explain my experience.
ImageImageImageImage

Please don't hurt yourself, talk to someone.